It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Meet the new guy and help me out!  (Read 13785 times)

Offline texassingledad

Re: Meet the new guy and help me out!
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2009, 09:02:44 PM »
I know I am a newbie but Gato you are killing me man
Les

Offline CeeTeeEnn

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2009, 01:55:21 AM »
Cee Tee... If you are an expert on Colombian women, then how come you are still looking for one for more than 5 years?  I can see your status!

GatoAzul,

I have never claimed to be an "expert" on any types of women; indeed I would question the credibility of anyone describing themselves as such.

My knowledge of Euro-Latin or Western-Latin relationships is based merely upon 1) my first-hand experience of dating latinas at home and also befriending them and their families, both in real life and online, and also 2) second-hand experience gathered from the first-hand experiences of my friends and acquaintances, both here and online. All this is described in my introductory post.

The fact that I am still searching is, i would hope, some testament to my refusal to settle for second-best.

I hope this helps.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 01:59:34 AM by CeeTeeEnn »

Offline GatoAzul

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2009, 04:57:00 AM »
GatoAzul,

I have never claimed to be an "expert" on any types of women; indeed I would question the credibility of anyone describing themselves as such.

My knowledge of Euro-Latin or Western-Latin relationships is based merely upon 1) my first-hand experience of dating latinas at home and also befriending them and their families, both in real life and online, and also 2) second-hand experience gathered from the first-hand experiences of my friends and acquaintances, both here and online. All this is described in my introductory post.

The fact that I am still searching is, i would hope, some testament to my refusal to settle for second-best.

I hope this helps.

Good luck in your search, and I hope you find your perfect lady soon  ;)

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2009, 04:57:00 AM »

Offline dennislevy

• pick a realistic goal and do it.
  • Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2009, 01:24:24 PM »
Cee tee Em

i read your intorductory post onanother well thread, exceptionally well written.

if you are thinkinking of coming to Colombia and searching for a wife,I believe there is one logical option and its Bogota. Ive been in London and I know what the weather is like, the weather in Bogota is comarable, not identical, but comparable, plenty of rain, climate changes several times during the day, or from day to day...today Im walking in shirtsleeves, yesterday I wore a leather coat and scarf the entire day. i think a hot weather girl from Cali or Cartagena or Baranquilla would have ahard time adjusting to London.

And there is the question of intelligence and sophistication, you appear to possess both. High quality women in Bogota are professional, serious, mature, educated.  Ive dated women from strato 2 to strato 6 in Bogota, and Ihave had an extraordinary year here.

Now if I may, stop overanalyzing and book a flight!!!!! if you want to come to come to Bogota, ill help you as much as i can.

Sincerely
Dennis
dennisianlevy@yahoo.com 

Offline GatoAzul

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2009, 10:05:11 PM »

I am a cat (women call me that) and I do not kill people unless I am a lion  ;D :D

Offline GatoAzul

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2009, 10:10:04 PM »
Cee tee Em

i Ive been in London and I know what the weather is like, the weather in Bogota is comarable, not identical, but comparable, plenty of rain, climate changes several times during the day, or from day to day...

Bogota is nothing like London.  Bogota has more rain than London.  Bogota's climate is similar to London in April/May and September.

I think he would do fine in Cali's weather  (similar to July in UK)

Offline CeeTeeEnn

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2009, 06:05:36 AM »
Yes, I am heading out to Bogota sometime within the next 2 months or so, and then going on a quick tour of the country which will take in (at the very least) the North Coast and also the central Mountain region.

In terms of climate I'm more of a mountain man and I'm not at all put off the idea of staying in Bogota, Manizales, or Popayan. I'm not keen on places where the daytime temperature regularly exceeds 30 degrees C, but recognise that no Colombian trip would be complete without seeing Cartagena or Valledupar. I'll just have to drink plenty of water :)

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
  • Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2009, 12:05:19 PM »

Makes me miss King DPhax, ye olde guru of poo-poo. :D :D :D
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2009, 04:31:47 PM »

Bogota is nothing like London.

Bogota's climate is similar to London...

Well, which is it?

::)

Offline texassingledad

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2009, 08:16:44 PM »

Makes me miss King DPhax, ye olde guru of poo-poo. :D :D :D

I roger that brother.
Les

Offline edwinjcb

• Probie
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2013, 02:54:27 PM »
Eric,

would like to contact you, but your website is not working

thanks,
Edwin
Edwinjc32@gmail.com

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2013, 08:19:30 AM »
No truer words have been said...

This kind of thing is nearly impossible to budget. The dating costs pale in comparison to the being married costs.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2013, 08:34:22 AM »
All I can say, it aint gonna be as simple as you think, espescially staring at your age, and I assume with no Spanish skills. If you are not interested in having kids, definitely go for the over 35, but most of them have kids, so if you dont want to live in Colombia, you are stuck with the whole package. Which is a legal and finacial nightmare to bring them to North America..

$10K is a drop in the bucket..

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2013, 08:34:22 AM »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2013, 08:43:57 AM »
If your a mountain man Manizales is definitely the place. Also, check out this agency.
http://www.manizalescupido.com/

The women in Manizales (and Armenia)  are a lot more professional, "Real" and sincere then in Cali or Bogota, and a lot more laid back and |Colombian" than in Bogota

Anyway, dont want to say too much, as I dont want to many foreigners going there..most dont like the rain, say itstoo hily or too small..saves the place for me whenI want to go..

Yes, I am heading out to Bogota sometime within the next 2 months or so, and then going on a quick tour of the country which will take in (at the very least) the North Coast and also the central Mountain region.

In terms of climate I'm more of a mountain man and I'm not at all put off the idea of staying in Bogota, Manizales, or Popayan. I'm not keen on places where the daytime temperature regularly exceeds 30 degrees C, but recognise that no Colombian trip would be complete without seeing Cartagena or Valledupar. I'll just have to drink plenty of water :)

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2013, 01:32:27 PM »

I meant "Medellin" not "Bogota" after "Cali" in the first part of the Post Below-see edit.

If your a mountain man Manizales is definitely the place. Also, check out this agency.
http://www.manizalescupido.com/

The women in Manizales (and Armenia)  are a lot more professional, "Real" and sincere then in Cali or MEDELLIN, and a lot more laid back and 'Colombian" than in Bogota

Anyway, dont want to say too much, as I dont want to many foreigners going there..most dont like the rain, say itstoo hily or too small..saves the place for me whenI want to go..

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2013, 01:54:44 PM »

Lets be realistic..Yeah.. they laugh, but they laugh alone, because a Colombian man of any age- even a 60 year old taxi driver.. does  not want a single woman with kids over 30...maybe just for sex, if she's attractive..and  thats a shame , because there a lot of good ones, but if I were them, I wouldn't be laughing at anyone..

There seems to be a real quantum jump downwards in the attention Colombian women get from men from anywhere once they hit 30 or 35. There is another Colombian Dicho, translated "If you are a Colombiana  over 30 waiting to get married, it is like waiting at the train station for a train that has already left"...

Welcome Bruce!

" I hear them laugh about this all the time. They laugh because they do not understand why American men think that Latin women like old men...From the conversations that I have heard and from what I see on my site, the women are looking for men their age or 10 years older. 15 is max and 20 years older is pushing it..They want to grow old together with their man and share things in common..

ColombianIntroductions.com
-Eric and Carolina
[/quote

Offline beulah

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2013, 05:46:00 PM »
There seems to be a real quantum jump downwards in the attention Colombian women get from men from anywhere once they hit 30 or 35. There is another Colombian Dicho, translated "If you are a Colombiana  over 30 waiting to get married, it is like waiting at the train station for a train that has already left"...
that is a shame but I understand.  I'm 46 and got lots of attention from younger women.  It can change a man's opinion on what he wants. Looking at it logically a fun lady that is in her early 30's isn't a bad way to go.

Offline InnocentVixen

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2013, 02:13:26 AM »
guys, this thread has been dead for years... just wanted to mention in case you haven't noticed (2009)

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2013, 06:15:07 AM »
Wonder what happened to the guy...

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2013, 03:52:11 PM »
There is another Colombian Dicho, translated "If you are a Colombiana  over 30 waiting to get married, it is like waiting at the train station for a train that has already left"...

I've been hearing the same saying in Colombia for years! Amazingly, it has absolutely no bearing on how choosey an extremely attractive, 30+ year old Colombiana is. ESPECIALLY if she doesn't have children, she's educated and has a decent, established career. Believe me, as I've been turned down by quite a few in Bogota!  ;D  A couple of the guys I met at Jamie's in their 40 and 50's were completely unaware of how many attractive 30 pluses were with his agency in the past because they used the website search filter for age and always put 18-25...something I never understood. So I guess even on the gringo side there's some stigma attached to the older ladies, regardless of whether or not they're the full package.  :o

If I were still "on the hunt," just taking looks into consideration, I would personally seriously consider a woman that's a bit older and just as attractive as a 20 something. Even though some guys may look at her like milk that's approaching the expiration date (the words of a Colombiano I know, not mine); at least you know she probably takes good care of herself and is aging well. My girlfriend is 28 and absolutely gorgeous. And although she is definitely 100% Pura Colombiana, there are some very good attributes there that I know come from her maturity.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 04:03:56 PM by benjio »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2013, 04:48:19 PM »

Lets be realistic..Yeah.. they laugh, but they laugh alone, because a Colombian man of any age- even a 60 year old taxi driver.. does  not want a single woman with kids over 30...maybe just for sex, if she's attractive..and  thats a shame , because there a lot of good ones, but if I were them, I wouldn't be laughing at anyone..

The same kind of mind set exists in many places in the Philippines. At thirty, they're old maids. Not only does it extend to marriageability, but it also extends to employment opportunity as well. It's already very hard for a Filipino male over age 30 to land a good job with a big company that pays a wage sufficient to live on--if you're a female it's even much harder than it is for the guys.

No real age or sex discrimination laws there. Employers make new employees work for free during weeks or even months of 'training'. Employers make employees sign that they'll be paid minimum wage and then they get paid less. With no legal divorce and annulments costing more than many USA divorces (if you can even get one after seven years of no contact with your 'spouse') couples are often forced to stay together in dysfunctional relationships in part because they both have to work piss poor jobs to avoid starvation. There's no 'welfare state' as we know it.

The idea of Americans living in public housing projects, with food stamps, cable TV and air conditioning, often with cars that run, kids who get free breakfast, lunch and after school care that includes dinner now--while neither parent works, blows my wife's mind. She's worked in the schools and all but cries seeing all that, along with Filipino children who could (should) have the books, computers, desks, chairs and so many other items that US schools (at least ours) throw away at the end of every year. We throw out computers every two or three years, changing computer brands. They pull the hard drives and toss out the rest.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2013, 05:10:34 AM »
I don't know, but I feel like a real Bobo having a debate with myself in a thread  thats been dead for 4 years ..JaJaJaJa.. :) ;D :-[ :-[ .

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2013, 05:18:16 AM »
Lot of simularity between Phillipines and Colombia. its hard for women over 30 and espescially over 40 to get a job. But there are a lot of rich people in Colombia as well, and a growing middle class.Where there are many people as poor as the Phillipines working in Colombia, (I work with them occaisionally as a volonteer), the per capita income is a fair bit higher than the Philipines..and there are a few meager social programs..No gravy train for the welfare types like in Canada and the US , thats for sure..

The same kind of mind set exists in many places in the Philippines. At thirty, they're old maids. Not only does it extend to marriageability, but it also extends to employment opportunity as well. It's already very hard for a Filipino male over age 30 to land a good job with a big company that pays a wage sufficient to live on--if you're a female it's even much harder than it is for the guys.

No real age or sex discrimination laws there. Employers make new employees work for free during weeks or even months of 'training'. Employers make employees sign that they'll be paid minimum wage and then they get paid less. With no legal divorce and annulments costing more than many USA divorces (if you can even get one after seven years of no contact with your 'spouse') couples are often forced to stay together in dysfunctional relationships in part because they both have to work piss poor jobs to avoid starvation. There's no 'welfare state' as we know it.

The idea of Americans living in public housing projects, with food stamps, cable TV and air conditioning, often with cars that run, kids who get free breakfast, lunch and after school care that includes dinner now--while neither parent works, blows my wife's mind. She's worked in the schools and all but cries seeing all that, along with Filipino children who could (should) have the books, computers, desks, chairs and so many other items that US schools (at least ours) throw away at the end of every year. We throw out computers every two or three years, changing computer brands. They pull the hard drives and toss out the rest.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2013, 05:18:16 AM »

Offline beulah

« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2013, 09:35:55 AM »
Lot of simularity between Phillipines and Colombia. its hard for women over 30 and espescially over 40 to get a job. But there are a lot of rich people in Colombia as well, and a growing middle class.Where there are many people as poor as the Phillipines working in Colombia, (I work with them occaisionally as a volonteer), the per capita income is a fair bit higher than the Philipines..and there are a few meager social programs..No gravy train for the welfare types like in Canada and the US , thats for sure..

So many attractive women everywhere.  How much English iss spoken in the Phillipines?  I speak good Spanish but no Tagalog?  The PI women I've met usually speak good english.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 101