It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Tolantongo, Mexico  (Read 2021 times)

Offline kai #2

• The Traveling Swordsman
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Tolantongo, Mexico
« on: May 31, 2016, 07:49:14 AM »
not soo much of a trip report but I went to Pachuca and Tolantongo this weekend w/ my girl and it was pretty amazing. Tolantongo is a warm water river. Iguess it flows close to a caldera warms and comes out on the other side of the mountain. It was nice be in nice warm water and I bet it great to go during winter when its cold outside. very beautiful for sure a hidden gem for visitors. I think you'd have to know somebody that knows this place to find it. Almost everybody is a local, I saw very few foreigners while I was there. Also, the more time I've spent in Mexico, the easier i think it to talk to girls there. Idk, if I did't know the girl I'm with now, I might do alright. These girls are super curious about black dudes at least and they made that very clear and obvious. Also not many foreigners go to Pachuca either. We went to a restaurant / salsatec and the DJ asked where the Americans are lol. It was a good time.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 08:04:50 AM by kai #2 »

Offline Gavan

• Trips: > 10
Re: Tolantongo, Mexico
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 08:30:19 AM »
Wow great pictures. Looks like a very nice place to visit.

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 10:25:13 AM »
Yeah, wow, beautiful photos. Never even heard of it before. Had to look it up on a map. And I've been to Mexico about 5 or 6 times (not counting T.J.).

Mexico really is a land of great beauty...

How did you guys get there? Looks to be pretty remote. Maybe a few hours by car/bus from the D.F.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 10:25:13 AM »

Offline kai #2

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 10:33:51 AM »
Yeah, wow, beautiful photos. Never even heard of it before. Had to look it up on a map. And I've been to Mexico about 5 or 6 times (not counting T.J.).

Mexico really is a land of great beauty...

How did you guys get there? Looks to be pretty remote. Maybe a few hours by car/bus from the D.F.

Well I stayed in Pachuca which is North East from Mexico City. The Caves are North, North West from Pachuca. We took the bus there, it was a pretty long ride. Our bus left at around 0740 and we didn't arrive until 1100. If you bus it you have to catch multiple buses or find a tour that goes direct. By car it'll still be 2hr ride or so, it was beautiful though. The caves are just amazing, its like being inside a natural sauna or something. I'd for sure would like to go back sometime

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 11:21:33 AM »
Any signs of cartel or narco violence? I follow the narco news from Mexico very closely and you seldom see anything from several small cities outside DF like Pachuca, Toluca and Puebla.

Offline kai #2

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 01:13:33 PM »
Any signs of cartel or narco violence? I follow the narco news from Mexico very closely and you seldom see anything from several small cities outside DF like Pachuca, Toluca and Puebla.

Nah, I felt fine the time in Pachuca. We went to small mountain town maybe 30min away and took the bus to another 15 up the hill and nothing bad or unusual. lol, i beat the guy in the arcade by the room and he was cool about it. No threatening gestures or anything. Every was cool and relaxed from what noticed

Offline Juan Valdez

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 01:37:36 PM »
Cool report, Kai, thanks for sharing :-)

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 303