It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Colombiana To English Translation  (Read 2549 times)

Offline Oiga!

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Colombiana To English Translation
« on: October 05, 2019, 06:36:01 PM »
Text message:" amor estoy llegando, espéreme". This means she has't left her house yet and you probably got the  the message twenty minutes after the agreed upon meeting time. Alternatively "amor ester en camino"

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Colombiana To English Translation
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 03:07:52 PM »
I’ve tried to change this behavior in a woman to no avail. I was dating a girl in Barranquilla for a while and would cancel plans with her anytime she was more than 45 minutes late. It upset her immensely!!! I mean she called me in tears a couple of times because she would show up to a place and they’d tell her I left. I would tell her repeatedly, “just give me the actual time you’re going to arrive. Don’t ask me what time, then I tell you, you say okay and show up 2 hours later!”

Her reasoning behind this tardiness was always the same. She wanted to look pretty for me. And I won’t lie, when we went places she looked absolutely stunning!! Not the prettiest girl I’ve dated in Colombia by any means but the way she did her makeup and the way she dressed, her hair. Just a really well put together girl when she made the effort but I was tired of her making me wait.

We tried her giving me a time. It got worse!!! I ended up waiting even longer when she would give a time. And I actually believe giving her the decision made her even less cognizant of the hour she started to get ready. In the end when I’d ask, she’d tell me unrealistic times like 10 p.m. to meet for dinner. Her logic being if she gave me some ungodly late hour she’d always show up early. Again though, she completely missed the point that the hour wasn’t the issue. It was me having to wait.

It was a pattern of behavior that showed me an unwillingness or incapability to adjust and it was very apparent in other aspects of our relationship. And this was one of the chicks that REALLY liked me. I mean, you can tell when they do. It’s different. I still had to end it. I’m friends with her on Instagram now and she looks better than ever. Definitely got some work done in all the right places, so you look at girls like that every once in a while and think, “HOLY $HIT SHE LOOKS AMAZING!!! Maybe I was too hard on her. The time thing is cultural though, and IMHO, better to accept it than try to fight against or change it. There will be much more important battles to be fought with her.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 03:11:48 PM by benjio »

Offline Oiga!

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 05:52:49 AM »
"Amor hay un trancon enorme". Won't be arriving anywhere near on time.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 05:52:49 AM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 08:49:55 AM »
I’ve tried to change this behavior in a woman to no avail. I was dating a girl in Barranquilla for a while and would cancel plans with her anytime she was more than 45 minutes late. It upset her immensely!!! I mean she called me in tears a couple of times because she would show up to a place and they’d tell her I left. I would tell her repeatedly, “just give me the actual time you’re going to arrive. Don’t ask me what time, then I tell you, you say okay and show up 2 hours later!”

Her reasoning behind this tardiness was always the same. She wanted to look pretty for me. And I won’t lie, when we went places she looked absolutely stunning!! Not the prettiest girl I’ve dated in Colombia by any means but the way she did her makeup and the way she dressed, her hair. Just a really well put together girl when she made the effort but I was tired of her making me wait.

We tried her giving me a time. It got worse!!! I ended up waiting even longer when she would give a time. And I actually believe giving her the decision made her even less cognizant of the hour she started to get ready. In the end when I’d ask, she’d tell me unrealistic times like 10 p.m. to meet for dinner. Her logic being if she gave me some ungodly late hour she’d always show up early. Again though, she completely missed the point that the hour wasn’t the issue. It was me having to wait.

It was a pattern of behavior that showed me an unwillingness or incapability to adjust and it was very apparent in other aspects of our relationship. And this was one of the chicks that REALLY liked me. I mean, you can tell when they do. It’s different. I still had to end it. I’m friends with her on Instagram now and she looks better than ever. Definitely got some work done in all the right places, so you look at girls like that every once in a while and think, “HOLY $HIT SHE LOOKS AMAZING!!! Maybe I was too hard on her. The time thing is cultural though, and IMHO, better to accept it than try to fight against or change it. There will be much more important battles to be fought with her.

I don't get it. On the one hand I know, having seen my wife prepped as Maid of Honor for friends over the top weddings, that doing their makeup,  nails, hair and more, CAN take hours.

In the past couple years, besides the skin care--preservative, moisturizing measures (you guys should also try, skin care) that she's also had me doing, that she's begun to wear a bit of makeup.

Her high cheekbones, black 'tiger fire' eyes, framed by a long, thick, luscious mane of shiny black hair, are a makeup artist's dream.

A touch of make up--just a shade below her cheek hollows to accent her somewhat triangular face shape,  a bit above her eyes and she's hot.

Like most guys, I think (for the right occasion) bright red lipstick is mega hot, but she nicely begs off, feeling it's 'too much.' She prefers matte lipstick, not the wet look, and colors along the line of peach,& mild red.

Fingernails? I often offer to treat her to the nail salon, but she almost always does her own, after she does mine--polishing our nails 1st, then adding clear lacquer after trimming cuticles, cutting nails.

It's awful that she usually does our nails Sunday nights, because it makes it awfully hard for me to operate the TV remote.

On a really bad night, she also wants to give me a massage, sometimes even have us both wear collagen face masks for 20 minutes, to improve our skin.

All that really messes with my Sunday NFL Football and Showtime TV viewing!

I've had Latinas more than any other group look at my fingernails, and I guess at my wedding ring, and say:

"Oooh--your wife does your nails--nice..." I have no idea how they figure it's her who does them.

If anybody thinks it looks 'gay' I don't care. She feels if I don't look good, it's her fault. Weird, I know--a cultural thing.

But back to makeup, it takes her longer to take that goop off, wash her face totally clean and put toner and moisturizer on than it did to put the makeup on. Less time for me to have that beautiful,  buttery soft morena body in bed.

Yeah, make up 'dolls her up' a bit and I must admit I'm into her tweaking it up a bit on date nights and social events, (total arm candy) but she looks super pretty w/o it. Sometimes when she's sleeping at natural and just look at her and go "dayum!"

But she's never late. This morning, in a whopping 55 minutes, she got up, took the almonds she soaked over night, put them in the blender, added pitted dates and honey, poured it into a bakery cheesecloth bag and squeezed out enough almond milk coffee creamer to last me for a couple days. Then as she's done for years, she squeezed a lemon into a tea cup of water, warmed it and brought it to me in bed. (Great for digestion, keeping weight off)

THEN, she showered, washed her hair, blow dried it, got dressed (always elegant, tasteful, unless it's casual, dress down Friday) and made my breakfast--usually oatmeal with whatever fresh fruits are in season, piled on top--(sometimes she does that with yogurt) and as I haven't even gotten out of bed yet, serves me, still in bed half awake.

On weekends, she usually makes a real breakfast, a lot of times it's made from scratch pancakes w fresh fruit and honey, (or maple syrup) along with Canadian style bacon.

We eat that at the table, she kinda insists sometimes, lol.

But on her work days, I eat in bed, watching her (sometimes I just stay asleep) as she decides how to fix her hair and add the  little bit of makeup and lipstick for 5 or so minutes,  and then she leaves for work.

And I typically go back to sleep, after a quick glance at the news.

She's usually up about 6:50AM and  out the door by 7:45-7:50, and in six years, she's been late to work ONCE, because someone else got in a wreck, slowing traffic.

But not ALL is good. If she's off to work at 7:50 rather than the more typical, comfortable  7:45, she doesn't always go to end of our driveway and bring me the local paper and Wall Street Journal for me to read in bed. Horrors!

I've sorta aged out of getting any woman of her young age difference to mine and with her physical beauty again, and I'd be hard pressed to find one who cares, really who dotes on me the way she does.

The newspaper issue not withstanding,  do you think I oughta keep her?
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 02:17:44 PM »
"Amor hay un trancon enorme"

What shre reamly means is

"Amor hay un  chimbo enorme"..reason she is late..

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 02:19:20 PM »
More "dark" humour..ja ja ja :P :o :-X

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2019, 01:02:48 AM »
"Amor hay un trancon enorme"

What shre reamly means is

"Amor hay un  chimbo enorme"..reason she is late..

Holy [snip]! you really need to move up the strata ladder. jajaja

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2019, 12:44:24 PM »

And I thought I read here in P.L.s very own MuddReport that Elex had a fall from atop a mountain,  the helicopter sent to retrieve him crashed,  the manned rescue crew of Colombian Military got to him, but they were all buried in an avalanche.

A trifecta.

But obviously not actually! Cheers, maybe PL will get more than one post a week!

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2019, 07:35:00 PM »
Be it north, west, east or south globally, different parts of the world view time differently and live their daily lives accordingly. People value different things--beit work, liesure, love, eating etc., all in their own ways, ways that generally reflect their respective cultures.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2019, 06:13:06 AM »

You reallly need to get a sense of humour...amongst other things.

Sheesh ..you take everything I say as lf it is serious.

Well..maybe I shouldnt be doing the same with you..ja ja

Obviously Monty Python would be way over your head.

Calipro "Life of Brian" isnt an acepted interpretation  of the Bible, nor is it a historically accurate recreation of events that ocurred in Palestine during the Roman occupation.

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2019, 08:50:10 PM »
You reallly need to get a sense of humour...amongst other things.

Sheesh ..you take everything I say as lf it is serious.

Well..maybe I shouldnt be doing the same with you..ja ja

Obviously Monty Python would be way over your head.

Calipro "Life of Brian" isnt an acepted interpretation  of the Bible, nor is it a historically accurate recreation of events that ocurred in Palestine during the Roman occupation.

I laughed when I read the post....thinking about who would write something like that. jajaja
But NO...I couldn't relate to the joke....Sorry

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864