It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Another new guy  (Read 4049 times)

Offline splurf

Another new guy
« on: November 28, 2006, 07:24:22 PM »
Hello, Name is John and living in good old New Zealand.  Lucky to have a job that has allowed me to explore the delights of this planet for many of my past 46 years.  Have spent more than one year living in Russia and wow were the women there good looking.  Even had my Russian wife for eight years who gave me two amazing kids.

Plus I have spent a lot of time in Central America where I was not overly impressed by the women and plenty of time in Brazil and Venezuala where I had way too much fun.  I go to Thailand three times a year on business which has given me some really amazing times in Cambodia, Vietnam, China, and my most recent favourite place the Philippines. 

When I travel I tend to go to the out of the way places not just the big cities.  So I have some amazing tales to tell of all the places I have been, and from all the girls I have met.

And I have never been to Columbia.  So that is next on my list for 2007 and I will spend five weeks there around May.  So I am here to find out all I can.  Maybe meet someone new to share my life, or maybe some one new to make my five weeks enjoyable.

Look forward to hear your comments and please let me know if you want any travel advise about any of the places I have visited and I am happy to share what I know.

John

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Another new guy
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 08:25:44 PM »
How is your Spanish? If it is good, I would check out the smaller cities in Colombia (Monteria, Manizales, Pereira, Armenia etc). that rarely see a gringo. You will be an object of fascination and wonder.

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 12:01:20 AM »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 12:01:20 AM »

Offline splurf

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 04:31:45 PM »
My Spanish is very rusty, but I just am starting a course and I am sure I will pick it up quick.  I used to be at about 50% comprehension. Thanks for the small city idea.  I did that in Russia and I was the only tourist everywhere.  Russian are very big on their marriage agencies for the locals and every small town has one.  So I just searched it out and every where I went I was king. 

In the smaller cities what is the best way to meet the girls.  Just approach them - hard when you are a little bit shy like me, though I still look mid 30's and am in good shape so that might help.  Or do you go to bars and discos. Or are there agencies in the small towns as well?  Or do the women approach you.

Any guidance is vastly appreciated.  I plan on five weeks, but a head start on finding love would be great!

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 09:22:59 PM »
The women are so approachable it's easy. You know your chances of being shot down are very small. I would use any opportunity to talk to women who interested me or who looked like they were interested in me - asking directions, asking what they would recommend you see in town, any lame excuse to start talking to them.

Offline splurf

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 09:54:02 PM »
Good advice and then I would be getting the girls that I want.  I will do some research on the places you mentioned as it would be nice to be someplace scenic.  If it does not work for me I can always go to a B&B in Cali.  Plus I want some time on the Carribean coast.

I know in Asia if you ask a girl to travel with you she has her packs packed in a flash.  Is it similar in Colombia?    Are the girls bored with their lot in life and looking for excitement.  Or are they most interested in a husband?  What sort of age gap is normal bw you and your new honey?  I am a normal fit guy so will not scare them with my looks, but will not win a beauty contest either.  And I know I am past my time of picking up 18-23 yr olds, though I can still dream!  And how do the local guys compare and why are they interested in us?  In asia most of the local guys look like crap and drink and cheat.  When I was in Venezuala the guys were as good looking as the girls the top girls were out of reach because of this.

Lots of questions I know, but I want to get off the plane running and then I can help future newbies like me!!  Thanks again.

Offline papi

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 01:09:28 AM »
Colombia does not measure up to Thailand...prepare for far more conservative chicas, especially on the coast. Buddhists - Catholics…apples and oranges
Red Bull may give you wings, but if Flakes could fly - BAQ is in fact an airport

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 300