It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: COVID Test Requirements  (Read 9244 times)

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
COVID Test Requirements
« on: November 09, 2020, 11:54:28 AM »
Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is healthy and doing well. Up until now I was under the impression that entry into Colombia from any foreign port required proof of a negative PCR test taken within 96 hours of arrival. I just read that as of Nov. 4th, this requirement has been lifted. Can anyone confirm? I’m arriving Friday and was supposed to take my third test tomorrow morning (I’ll probably do it anyway as my insurance pays for 100% of the cost) but I just wanted to confirm.

Offline Calipro

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: COVID Test Requirements
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 01:59:54 PM »
Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is healthy and doing well. Up until now I was under the impression that entry into Colombia from any foreign port required proof of a negative PCR test taken within 96 hours of arrival. I just read that as of Nov. 4th, this requirement has been lifted. Can anyone confirm? I’m arriving Friday and was supposed to take my third test tomorrow morning (I’ll probably do it anyway as my insurance pays for 100% of the cost) but I just wanted to confirm.

According to the news here ...no Covid test is required to enter Colombia....but I would check with the airline you are flying...to make sure they will let you on the plane.

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 05:38:49 PM »
According to the news here ...no Covid test is required to enter Colombia....but I would check with the airline you are flying...to make sure they will let you on the plane.

Thanks Cali,

I finally found some reputable sources online that were saying the same thing. I’ve also heard rumors about Colombia shutting things down again in December. Do you think that’s a possibility.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 05:38:49 PM »

Offline Calipro

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 07:54:06 PM »
Thanks Cali,

I finally found some reputable sources online that were saying the same thing. I’ve also heard rumors about Colombia shutting things down again in December. Do you think that’s a possibility.

I don't think there will be another full blow lock down ....but they did have what they call toque de queda here on Halloween weekend along with let seca.....so there wasn't any going out after 10 pm nor were any bars open that weekend.

I could see something like that happy again around Christmas and New Years

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2020, 12:10:05 PM »
I don't think there will be another full blow lock down ....but they did have what they call toque de queda here on Halloween weekend along with let seca.....so there wasn't any going out after 10 pm nor were any bars open that weekend.

I could see something like that happy again around Christmas and New Years
The people complaining most about lockdowns here in San Diego are the ones who've worsened the spread by refusal to social distancing. Slow learner's...

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2020, 03:03:53 PM »
The people complaining most about lockdowns here in San Diego are the ones who've worsened the spread by refusal to social distancing. Slow learner's...

It's the real socially active people, a lot under age 30, who've been the 'super spreaders'--and most of them never even knew they were covid positive. Close to where we live, you can see them elbow to elbow outside on the patio bars, dozens of them packed inside and out, no masks for months now.

Meanwhile as the case numbers go up, we see zero tickets being issued for the March 2020 'law' requiring masks be worn given out. 15 million tourists a year, lots of bachelorette parties, etc.-- it's plenty crowded downtown and not a single ticket issued.

We have no enforcement, added upon the sad fact that have no discipline as a people to follow common sense, never mind 'getting behind the science.' We don't really see people acting mindfully for the betterment of anyone but themselves. And the governmental agencies are just as dysfunctional.

I think that the pet gerbils we had as kids were smarter than humans these days, although like human beings, gerbils are one of few mammal species that 'eats it's own.' My wife reads religious stuff and wonders if doom is coming, if this is IT, but I remain forever pessimistically optimistic that we're OK. For a little while yet, anyway....
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 05:53:50 PM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2020, 09:58:56 AM »

It's the real socially active people, a lot under age 30, who've been the 'super spreaders'--and most of them never even knew they were covid positive. Close to where we live, you can see them elbow to elbow outside on the patio bars, dozens of them packed inside and out, no masks for months now.

Meanwhile as the case numbers go up, we see zero tickets being issued for the March 2020 'law' requiring masks be worn given out. 15 million tourists a year, lots of bachelorette parties, etc.-- it's plenty crowded downtown and not a single ticket issued.

We have no enforcement, added upon the sad fact that have no discipline as a people to follow common sense, never mind 'getting behind the science.' We don't really see people acting mindfully for the betterment of anyone but themselves. And the governmental agencies are just as dysfunctional.

I think that the pet gerbils we had as kids were smarter than humans these days, although like human beings, gerbils are one of few mammal species that 'eats it's own.' My wife reads religious stuff and wonders if doom is coming, if this is IT, but I remain forever pessimistically optimistic that we're OK. For a little while yet, anyway....
Yep the invincible under 30 crowd are the biggest spreaders. Doesn't help that the Georgia governor isnt socially responsible in his decision making and message on the virus.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2020, 11:37:02 AM »
Hey Guys,

Great to hear about people beginning to be able to travel internationally again. No one with a US visa is allowed into my wife's country. She can enter, as she has dual passports, but even then, she'd have to spend 14 days quarantined in a 'govt facility' before she could see family.

Hell, we wanted to visit Vancouver Canada, but forget about that too--both will likely continue like this for months longer.

Benjio--hope if it's a business trip, that you're able to mix 'business with pleasure!'

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2020, 11:47:01 AM »
Hey Guys,

This is Colombia.They change their mind more than their underwear.

They even had a ban of all non emergency travellers from Canada and Europe that lasted all of 3.days.

The big rumour now, substantiated somewhat by a lawyer I use is you have to show EPS for the last 6 months when renewing your resident visa and have to show your world wide income and pay approximately 2% of your income to EPS.

Another rumour is  they are dropping visa renewal frpm 3 and 5 year visas to 1 year and less to get more $ plata.

Of course all this could change tommorow and no one knows the real situation until they actually go through the process ( which I will in April)

Right now Ecuador is looking attractive to me in the long run.

Offline Calipro

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2020, 04:01:17 PM »

30 year olds have a better chance of dying in a car accident then Covid....so they probably aren't very concerned about contracting it.

Plenty of people feel they should be able to do what they want regardless and if you are afraid of getting Covid-19...then stay home...and order in.

I think it would take people dying in the streets here ...before the Colombian government would do another complete lock down.

We have been open for a couple months and things still aren't back to normal.

Lots of businesses went under and there isn't as many cars on the road as before the lock down

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2020, 10:24:03 AM »
30 year olds have a better chance of dying in a car accident then Covid....so they probably aren't very concerned about contracting it.

Plenty of people feel they should be able to do what they want regardless and if you are afraid of getting Covid-19...then stay home...and order in.

I think it would take people dying in the streets here ...before the Colombian government would do another complete lock down.

We have been open for a couple months and things still aren't back to normal.

Lots of businesses went under and there isn't as many cars on the road as before the lock down
Of course they're not concerned but they are killing others...

Offline Calipro

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2020, 10:46:22 AM »

I worked for the Post Office for 35 years and had this frase drilled into my head over the years

Safety depends on me

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2020, 10:51:09 AM »

And not everyone "afraid" has the option to ---"then stay home...and order in"

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2020, 10:51:09 AM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2020, 11:16:10 AM »
I worked for the Post Office for 35 years and had this frase drilled into my head over the years

Safety depends on me

Speaking of death, risk & mayhem brings to mind the oft used saying:

"Going postal"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Going_postal

I guess by now you're pretty good at ducking?  ???
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 11:28:30 AM by robert angel »

Offline Calipro

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2020, 01:48:54 PM »
Speaking of death, risk & mayhem brings to mind the oft used saying:

"Going postal"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Going_postal

I guess by now you're pretty good at ducking?  ???

I never experienced work place violence at the post office.

In 35 years I only saw one guy punch another guy in the mouth and then he left and never came back. I told the guy that got a bloody lip that the casual help doesn't get paid enough to listen to your [snip]. Jajaja

The 249-page report concludes two years of study and reveals that postal workers are only a third as likely as those in the national work force to be victims of homicide at work (0.26 vs. 0.77 per 100,000 workers annually

https://www.reliasmedia.com/articles/51304-violence-among-postal-workers-is-a-misnomer

Offline Calipro

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2020, 02:26:54 PM »

Hazmat suits aren't that expensive....masks just slow down the spread they aren't even close to being good protection....the only masks that will prevent the spread are N95 masks and they generally aren't available to anyone but healthcare workers....but if you can get a hold of them....you don't really have to worry about what anyone else does.
Remember safety depends on YOU. Jajajaja

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2020, 06:27:20 PM »
"Afraid" haha. Yeah the Facebook tough love to put us mask wearers in that category, Trump following idiots protesting for their "rights"...

Offline Calipro

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2020, 07:23:54 PM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2020, 11:44:34 PM »
Hazmat suits aren't that expensive....masks just slow down the spread they aren't even close to being good protection....the only masks that will prevent the spread are N95 masks and they generally aren't available to anyone but healthcare workers....but if you can get a hold of them....you don't really have to worry about what anyone else does.
Remember safety depends on YOU. Jajajaja

Don't forget to correctly complete your hazmat 'condom cover' suit attire with footwear appropriate for a gentleman 'south of the border'...

https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/chamula-cancun-huarache-sandal?inventoryCountry=US&color=020&size=W%206&gclid=Cj0KCQiA-rj9BRCAARIsANB_4ACbKPBqsABq7zPwfk4ZrCd_PdT5QJkVUScSMK4kb3S-m48GDMvZnTcaAsU-EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&type=REGULAR&quantity=1

Offline Calipro

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2020, 09:40:43 AM »

Don't forget to correctly complete your hazmat 'condom cover' suit attire with footwear appropriate for a gentleman 'south of the border'...

https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/chamula-cancun-huarache-sandal?inventoryCountry=US&color=020&size=W%206&gclid=Cj0KCQiA-rj9BRCAARIsANB_4ACbKPBqsABq7zPwfk4ZrCd_PdT5QJkVUScSMK4kb3S-m48GDMvZnTcaAsU-EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&type=REGULAR&quantity=1

I just wear an N95 mask which actually protects me from the virus.....the rest of the masks just slow down transmission.... probably by half...from looking at the stats.

If I had health risks I probably wouldn't leave the house because even nurses in hazmat suits sometimes contract the virus ....with every precausion taken.

I pity the fools that are depending on the government or random individuals for their protection

Now that I think about it....working for the Post office may have saved my life.

Remember....safety depends on YOU jajajaj

« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 11:07:06 AM by Calipro »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2020, 12:13:23 PM »
This is Colombia.They change their mind more than their underwear.

They even had a ban of all non emergency travellers from Canada and Europe that lasted all of 3.days.

The big rumour now, substantiated somewhat by a lawyer I use is you have to show EPS for the last 6 months when renewing your resident visa and have to show your world wide income and pay approximately 2% of your income to EPS.

Another rumour is  they are dropping visa renewal frpm 3 and 5 year visas to 1 year and less to get more $ plata.

Of course all this could change tommorow and no one knows the real situation until they actually go through the process ( which I will in April)

Right now Ecuador is looking attractive to me in the long run.

What's Ecuador got going for it? Or Uruguay for that matter? I've heard they're a bit more '1st world' than most of Colombia, but I really have no idea.

My wife has been taking Spanish lessons, but unfortunately I don't think that'd help MY flirting game down there, lol--after all, I AM a nature lover--Oh the 'birds!....

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2020, 08:50:31 AM »

What's Ecuador got going for it? Or Uruguay for that matter? I've heard they're a bit more '1st world' than most of Colombia, but I really have no idea.

My wife has been taking Spanish lessons, but unfortunately I don't think that'd help MY flirting game down there, lol--after all, I AM a nature lover--Oh the 'birds!....

More organized..and for me more acess to mountains..plus no talk of taxing expat overseas income or assets.

And for guys on this site..OK to meet women  well

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2020, 08:50:31 AM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2020, 07:28:26 PM »

More organized..and for me more acess to mountains..plus no talk of taxing expat overseas income or assets.

And for guys on this site..OK to meet women  well

Are the women generally lighter complected in Ecuador compared to Colombias'? I am a sucker for golden morenas-- the hot ravens--those at that perfect physical point between 'cute' and 'hot'--- with black hair and eyes, killer in white jeans or a lil black dress. In second place, a choice natural blonde with brown eyes and a good tan has been known to cause me to veer off road.

I guess I'd be concerned that they might look more like frauleins than senoritas.....

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2020, 10:08:15 AM »

Are the women generally lighter complected in Ecuador compared to Colombias'? I am a sucker for golden morenas-- the hot ravens--those at that perfect physical point between 'cute' and 'hot'--- with black hair and eyes, killer in white jeans or a lil black dress. In second place, a choice natural blonde with brown eyes and a good tan has been known to cause me to veer off road.

I guess I'd be concerned that they might look more like frauleins than senoritas.....

Lot of Venezuelans and Colombians  Spanish and mulato Ecuadorians in the bigger cities and in the North

Further South i.e.  Cuenca more Andean indigenous like in Peru

Onmy my experience from 3 weeks there

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128