It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Why do men from Latin America treat women so badly?  (Read 25933 times)

Offline soltero

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Why do men from Latin America treat women so badly?
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2008, 09:27:43 AM »
I  hope this epiphany slowly fans out and glows across the board. I am sure that if we all look back, we can remember that there were probably plenty of AWs that would have made excellent wives if they could have been gotten to in time (before "life" got to them).

I am with Jeff...I knew I wasn't ready back in the day, and the pickings now are slim to none, but to say that all women here are hellish ballbusters without taking some responsibility for why they are that way is not fair nor valid. I am sure that if we all take the time to remember, we can pull out at least one or two American women from our pasts that would have been keepers if the timing were right, etc., etc....

Live as if you will die tomorrow, Plan as if you will live forever...

Offline eldercunningham

« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2008, 09:45:01 AM »
Soltero,
You make a good point. In all sincerity we all should consider what we have contributed to the problem in our younger day's not willing to commit. Some of us done varying degrees of damage, so to a limited degree it is hard to look at AW's behaviour without looking at our own. It is with this thought in mind that I am still open to a AW, however a blind man can see the benefits associated with a relationship with a Latina.

Offline Henry

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2008, 10:06:18 AM »
Thanks for the advice, Soltero. . . .  I wouldnt want to get crossways with a guy that never dated women

in America.
I should say I've never been on a date with an American woman. I have banged some chicks from the internet way back, but no dates. As for relationships on American soil, it was always with FWs.

But thanks for sharing in the hate. We should all be above personal attacks, shouldnt we?

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2008, 10:06:18 AM »

Offline Henry

« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2008, 10:08:52 AM »
Be careful, WIII, disagreeing with Henry will get you blocked! We should all consider ourselves fortunate and blessed to be receiving the word on AWs from the guy who says he has NEVER DATED ONE!  :o

Yes....by all means, please agree with the guy whose strong opinions enlighten the rest of us so greatly because his vast experience in dating none of them makes him the authority on AWs here...
I have never been in a relationship with AWs. That does not mean that I havent had enough interaction with them in my every day life to see what they are all about. A conversation with a woman over a few hours should tell you most of her views on life, marriage, children, the sexes, relationships, money, etc. It doesnt take dating one to realize her viewpoints tend to be a certain way which arent conducive to long term relationships. How's that for generalization?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 10:19:09 AM by Henry »

Offline soltero

« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2008, 10:22:42 AM »
I have never been in a relationship with AWs. That does not mean that I havent had enough interaction with them in my every day life to see what they are all about. How's that for generalization?

That's like saying, "I live near a rose garden, but I can see all the bees from over here, so I am not going to try and sniff one because I might get stung, but since I live near the garden, I consider myself an expert on roses anyway. Hell, I have all the books and I can see them from here."

I consider it the epitome of arrogance to think you can sit on the sidelines and actually believe you even HAVE an opinion! Personally, I want to hear what the guy that got stung has to say about the experience.

I thought you had me blocked?

Offline william3rd

« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2008, 10:26:26 AM »
Soltero, why do I get this feeling that some of our members will be on the next comet out of Dodge?. . . . They missed Halle-Bopp and are just waiting for the next arrival.
Wild Bill Livingston, Esq.

Offline soltero

« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2008, 10:28:12 AM »
Soltero, why do I get this feeling that some of our members will be on the next comet out of Dodge?. . . . They missed Halle-Bopp and are just waiting for the next arrival.

WIII, my thoughts were along the lines of "don't drink the kool-aid"!  ;)

Offline fathertime

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2008, 10:31:04 AM »
 I am sure that if we all take the time to remember, we can pull out at least one or two American women from our pasts that would have been keepers if the timing were right, etc., etc....

As I look back, I can say I dodged a few bullets too, but yes while young there were plenty of nice girls with good intentions that were cast into the outer darkness simply because of greaner pastures I guess.  That is typical for a young man

On a side note, I am obviously no longer a 'looker' in any way, but low and behold the last 2 days I have had a very young & attractive lady of 23 come over and hold my gaze & make her intentions clear, while her daughter and my daughters swam in my little above ground pool that I dragged out.  It is reminiscent of my life about 20 years ago but this sort of thing can put an old fella in a bit of a jam.  I am always amazed when these sort of opportunities arise, especially when I look at myself in the mirror.  

Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline fathertime

« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2008, 10:38:57 AM »
I should say I've never been on a date with an American woman. I have banged some chicks from the internet way back, but no dates.

I think "Dates" are the totally corny.  I never go on 'dates' with American women, that was just not how things were ever done in my life.
Even when I took a lady to the drive in movie theater, I did not consider it a 'date'.
Fathertime!
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline daytrader

• ** mui feliz **
    • Mechanical Trader
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2008, 10:40:40 AM »

On a side note, I am obviously no longer a 'looker' in any way, but low and behold the last 2 days I have had a very young & attractive lady of 23 come over and hold my gaze & make her intentions clear, while her daughter and my daughters swam in my little above ground pool that I dragged out.

Fathertime!

FT, you have a helluva water system in your town.....what are they putting in it that would affect the female gender to such an extent?  LOL

DayTrader

Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee (Tom Cruise): I think I'm entitled to them.
Kaffee: I want the truth!
Jessep: You can't handle the truth!

Offline Henry

« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2008, 10:45:28 AM »
Ahh, OK. So it would be arrogant for me to say that your chances of finding a traditional woman in the US are slim? I dont think that is stretching it. And I stand by what I said - most AWs do have some underlying hate for men. I dont have to date them to see that. Try debating one and you'll find out very quickly. I've talked to enough women to figure out that most of them do have a negative view on men. For example, what do you think most AWs think when you tell them you are marrying a FW? The first thing they'll most likely think or say is "that loser had to get a Mail Order Bride." But I'm sure no AW thinks this way of either of you two.

Now I see that you guys are striking at the personal. That is what people with weak arguments do. I must have struck some emotional cord that has brought down the ideological world you've held onto since childhood. My apologies. Halle-Bopp? That's ridiculous. But have fun if you it makes you feel better to call me crazy.

And if you don't like my opinions, hey, there is an ignore function. :D

Offline fathertime

« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2008, 11:13:13 AM »
FT, you have a helluva water system in your town.....what are they putting in it that would affect the female gender to such an extent?  LOL

DayTrader

I hear you DT.
Whatever they've done, I'm considering bottling it up and taking to the Miss America pagent.

Fathertime!
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline daytrader

• ** mui feliz **
    • Mechanical Trader
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2008, 12:46:38 PM »
Ahh, OK. So it would be arrogant for me to say that your chances of finding a traditional woman in the US are slim? I dont think that is stretching it. And I stand by what I said - most AWs do have some underlying hate for men. I dont have to date them to see that. Try debating one and you'll find out very quickly. I've talked to enough women to figure out that most of them do have a negative view on men. For example, what do you think most AWs think when you tell them you are marrying a FW? The first thing they'll most likely think or say is "that loser had to get a Mail Order Bride." But I'm sure no AW thinks this way of either of you two.

Now I see that you guys are striking at the personal. That is what people with weak arguments do. I must have struck some emotional cord that has brought down the ideological world you've held onto since childhood. My apologies. Halle-Bopp? That's ridiculous. But have fun if you it makes you feel better to call me crazy.

hell, forget about dating AW, just trying having a talk with them!  I was trying to have a normal conversation with a typical AW at a get together at a friend's house (after a baby's baptism).  I mentioned to this woman that I was between boats and I was looking at a pre-owned Bluewater Yacht  -- her first statement was " well, you don't know how to pilot one of those, who is going to drive the boat after you buy it?". 

1> She didn't know my nautical experience
2> She immediately adopted the viewpoint that I was incompetent
3> She immediately came to the conclusion that she need to give me her advice
4> She had no faith that I could exercise good judgement in making the decision to buy, maintain and pilot a $300k to $400k motor yacht.  (when moving to a larger size boat, a buyer typically gets training on the bigger boat by the buyers salesman for free in exchange for the salesman getting the very decent commission.  Also, docking and preventive maintenance for the next year is also typically built into the price for the yacht.  You get a much lower price for these services from the Marina where the boat is listed for sale.)

Typical AW that is ignorant of how things are done (when did an AW ever admit she didn't know something and calmly asked for your advice?) and incapable of treating a male with respect. 

DayTrader

Kaffee (Tom Cruise): I think I'm entitled to them.
Kaffee: I want the truth!
Jessep: You can't handle the truth!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2008, 12:46:38 PM »

Offline jm21-2

• Spouse's Country: Taiwan
« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2008, 12:55:18 PM »
I agree with Jeff and Sol....if you missed the boat, you can be out of luck. Luckily the marriage age is going up, so occasionally I meet a nice girl who's completing graduate school, and didn't really date that much because she was engrossed in her studies. Or she had a college sweetheart and they ended up breaking up because they went to different graduate schools and the long-distance relationship failed. Unfortunately, they're just starting on their careers and, like I said, the idea of being a house-wife has absolutely zero appeal to them. I've met maybe two who can even cook, heh. If I wanted a working woman though, I'd probably be hitched.

EDIT:
Another thing I don't like about working women, is that you have to conform your career to theirs. Yes, a house-wife doesn't want to be moving around all the time, but she's not facing the same consequences of a career woman.

I mean, after college I moved home, then moved to CA for law school, then back up to a different part of Oregon, and now I'm thinking about joining the Army, or teaching abroad, and will take the WA bar. If I was married to a career woman, would she have been alright with all those moves? That's a lot to ask of a woman. More likely I would have had to compromise and my choice of schools and jobs would be much more limited.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 01:15:18 PM by jm21-2 »

Offline william3rd

« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2008, 02:32:35 PM »
Your wish is my command, Boppster!!!!!! ;D
Wild Bill Livingston, Esq.

Offline soltero

« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2008, 02:39:24 PM »

Saying that most AWs hate men would be erroneous. Saying that ALL AWs (which is what you said) is just looney tunes. I have already stated what my issue is with you. I don't think you are unintelligent by any stretch of the imagination. I just think you are a couch potato when it comes to life and use your intelligence to talk yourself out of going outside and letting some sunshine hit you. Most of what you say seems based in theory rather than any kind of social experience whatsoever.

If you want to leave the block off and debate me directly and assist me with revamping what I believe to be an accurate opinion of you, then please do so. Just be aware that my opinion is based solely on what you, yourself have written, so I would lay off the haughty "I know everything there is to know" taint to your writings unless you want me to help you to help yourself look as foolish as possible. Whenever you are ready, I will gladly meet you in the Flame Room, until then, chew on my opinion until you start hacking. I would hope you would say something to change it, but thus far, it's only been more of the same.

Offline osteve

« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2008, 02:59:37 PM »
I  hope this epiphany slowly fans out and glows across the board. I am sure that if we all look back, we can remember that there were probably plenty of AWs that would have made excellent wives if they could have been gotten to in time (before "life" got to them).

I am with Jeff...I knew I wasn't ready back in the day, and the pickings now are slim to none, but to say that all women here are hellish ballbusters without taking some responsibility for why they are that way is not fair nor valid. I am sure that if we all take the time to remember, we can pull out at least one or two American women from our pasts that would have been keepers if the timing were right, etc., etc....

Sol, thats the problem: "life " does get to them along with being raised to value independence over everything else.As far as taking responsibility for why AWs are the way they are, well, I have never been a player or mistreated women in any way so I don't feel as though I have contributed to the way they are. IMO, this is one way feminists get away with alot of crap: they portray women as victims and shame men into submission. I usually agree with ya Sol, you always have alot of good points of view. But this time I have to respectfully disagree.

Offline soltero

« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2008, 03:16:09 PM »
                          Sol, thats the problem: "life " does get to them along with being raised to value independence over everything else.As far as taking responsibility for why AWs are the way they are, well, I have never been a player or mistreated women in any way so I don't feel as though I have contributed to the way they are. IMO, this is one way feminists get away with alot of crap: they portray women as victims and shame men into submission. I usually agree with ya Sol, you always have alot of good points of view. But this time I have to respectfully disagree.

Osteve, I can respect your disagreement. When I say "we", I mean we as men whether we were the players or not. Maybe times have changed, but the little girls I grew up with were more interested in playing with Barbies and Easy Bake Ovens, and when they got to high school, they were doing everything they could to get the attention of the boys they were interested in (within reason). Something changed them from that to the harpies we claim they now are, and I can't believe it is any rhetoric alone.

We do have to share in some of the responsibility for the way they are. I don't consider them victims, because they should have to bear some of the responsibility as well. I am just saying that they didn't get there on their own.

Offline osteve

« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2008, 04:22:43 PM »
Osteve, I can respect your disagreement. When I say "we", I mean we as men whether we were the players or not. Maybe times have changed, but the little girls I grew up with were more interested in playing with Barbies and Easy Bake Ovens, and when they got to high school, they were doing everything they could to get the attention of the boys they were interested in (within reason). Something changed them from that to the harpies we claim they now are, and I can't believe it is any rhetoric alone.

We do have to share in some of the responsibility for the way they are. I don't consider them victims, because they should have to bear some of the responsibility as well. I am just saying that they didn't get there on their own.

I agree with ya Sol, and the way I handle my responsibilty is to treat women with respect. You may not consider them victims but I think alot of AWs feel that they are.The best thing I ever did was to marry a woman from another culture.She doesn't have any of the baggage that AWs have and she appreciates me.I would have been hard pressed to find that here in the US.

We men do need to accept some(only some) of the responsibility for the way AWs are only because we are a part(only a part) of the society that has produced them, but it is up to the AWs to change and move forward.They don't need to keep blaming men for the way they are and never move on. I think more men in the US and other feminist plagued countries should look elsewhere for women that are capable of having a good relationship.....that is, of course, if the men can't find it in their own back yards.

Offline af1

• Bat country. We can't stop here.
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2008, 04:57:18 PM »

Something does happen, they get old enough to watch Oprah and are raised to believe that their independence is the most important thing of all.They are not taught a sense of balance.I just don't believe that the way women are is directly related to the way men treat them.After all, if it were, wouldn't Latinas be much worse than women here in the US?Latin men treat their women much worse than American men treat AWs.

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2008, 05:06:15 PM »
Interesting. My wife got married the first time at the age of 28. She did not want to get married any younger than that because she wanted to make sure that she got an education and got her career started. She was afraid that if she got involved with someone, that would have put an end to that. She values her independence and ability to stand on her own two feet. It allowed her to take care of her family after her husband died.

Offline af1

• Bat country. We can't stop here.
« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2008, 05:53:02 PM »
Interesting. My wife got married the first time at the age of 28. She did not want to get married any younger than that because she wanted to make sure that she got an education and got her career started. She was afraid that if she got involved with someone, that would have put an end to that. She values her independence and ability to stand on her own two feet. It allowed her to take care of her family after her husband died.

Exactly UC, thats the sense of balance that AWs lack.She(your wife) values her independence but still values family.Where is she from?

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2008, 06:52:09 PM »
Exactly. She is from Medellin and there are plenty more like her.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2008, 06:52:09 PM »

Offline moneyrone

• Simply The Truth
« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2008, 07:23:41 PM »
                      Something does happen, they get old enough to watch Oprah and are raised to believe that their independence is the most important thing of all.They are not taught a sense of balance.I just don't believe that the way women are is directly related to the way men treat them.After all, if it were, wouldn't Latinas be much worse than women here in the US?Latin men treat their women much worse than American men treat AWs.
Af1, like you said, AW are taught to be independant at a very young age. They are also taught to compete with men, almost on every level! Thats why they believe men and women are interchangeable when it comes to building a family. Men are made to feel like an A$#hole  if he stands up for himself. When I talk to AW about this, some say they know there's a double stantard in there favor, but if men allow it, that's on them! It's all about balance, with anything. Imo, we live in a society, thats not producing good men or women
Peace By Nature, Joy By Choice.

Offline Hoda

« Reply #99 on: April 14, 2008, 04:21:13 AM »
Easy Bake Ovens.

Oh Snap....I haven't heard that in a month of Sunday's  ;D I betcha, you still have some of those little Green plastic Army men & the "Afro-pic" with the peace sign in the middle ;D ;D ;D ;D

Anybody got any "Original Speed Racer or Gigantor" DVD's  :D ;D :D ;D

Peace....Hoda
Illegitimi Non Carborundum / Out Beyond Ideas of Wrong doing & Right doing, there is a field....

I'll meet you there...

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864