It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Any Expereince From Argentina?  (Read 2249 times)

Offline Zon

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Any Expereince From Argentina?
« on: April 11, 2008, 01:48:37 PM »
This follows on the heels of another thread that asks "Why so much Columbia?" 

I am familiar with Caribbean and Central America.  I hae become acquainted with Colombia, and since I have a large network of "advdnturers" ... I have heard the name "Argentina" many times.  Today, at lunch with a friend who is from Argentina and was there just 6 months ago  ... he grabbed my arm and said, "GO just for a week."  As if he was trying to let me in on a BIG secrete, or SAVE my life.

Obviously, Colombia has a mature agency network. But it is, obviously, a place with negatives.  DOES ANYONE have any current info on Argentina?

Gracias

Offline Miguel_

• Probie
Re: Any Expereince From Argentina?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 06:11:50 PM »
I've been there and dated a woman who lived there.  She was very intelligent, attractive and kind, but about 10 years older than the women I've dated in other Latin countries. 

IMHO, Argentina is a great place for a vacation, but not a great place to find a girlfriend.  There are no legitimate agencies to my knowledge in Argentina catering to foreign men.  Although I found the people to be friendly, they have a reputation for being arrogant and rude.  For me, the Spanish in Buenos Aires (B.A.) was sometimes difficult to understand.  I didn't have problems elsewhere though.

In Colombia, it's easy to walk down the street and find a date for the evening.  (I'm talking good girls, to take to dinner here by the way.)  In Argentina it's not.  In terms of purchasing power parity, Argentina is a relatively wealthy place by Latin American standards.  Being a gringo really isn't much of an advantage, in the ritzier parts of B.A. anyway.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 06:15:17 PM by Miguel_ »

Offline Henry

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 07:36:35 PM »
These people are Caucasian and very proud. You will not find many willing to leave Argentina. They seem to be in love with their countries. Chile too.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 07:36:35 PM »

Offline Zon

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 07:34:58 AM »
Pride is one of the Seven Deadly Sins

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 05:20:35 PM »
It's not just the Argentines and Chilenos who are proud of their countries. My wife is very proud of being Colombian. In her opinion, she is Caucasian as well.

Offline pablo

• I don't have to show you any stinking badges!
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 10:23:09 PM »
Rivardco,

I've been to Argentina twice and literally had a blast!  Buenos Aires is a world class city unlike any other Latin American city I have visited.  To cubby hole the Portenos (or other Argentines in general) as being proud and not going there as a result, is a very narrow minded costly mistake. 

There is a large European influence but I don't think they could be classified as being Caucasian but rather Latin.

Your friend is correct about Argentina but I would give it much longer than a week.  I stayed for a month on my last visit and I couldn't get enough.  The food, art, music, scenery, wine, and diversity of the country is amazing!

Based on your profile photo you don't look very old and certainly don't have a third eye on your forehead so you'd have more opportunity with the ladies there.  True, they don't have any viable agencies in Argentina, have lot of smokers in the capital city, they love their country and don't normally care for large age difference in relationships but should that stop you from having a wonderful time and meeting some great people?  I sure would not let that deter me!

I did a trip report on my first trip to Argentina that you can find in the archives.  If you can't find it, PM me. 

Offline Zon

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 07:51:15 AM »
Excellent input Paublo!

Thank you very much.
'
I am fortunate not to look my age, and make up works wonders on my third eye lol

Regarding age gaps:  I have dated three girls in the US since my divorce:  their ages were 25; 32; and 28.  I have dated three girls from the FSU: their ages were 24; 28 and 28.  So, naturally I seem to date younger women.  I was the one that was most uncomfortable in these circumstances - not the girls.  All of these ladies were mature and independent - not the sorority girl at college coming home with a new boyfriend who is 15 years older.  Although, I can date and have "fun" with American girls with large age gaps, there is something that causes a disconnect.  This is not the case with girls from Eastern Europe *Generalizing of course*.

Do you see Colombian ladies differing from Argentinian ladies?

Offline soltero

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 08:10:26 AM »
Rivardco,

Just a word of advice based on my experience with Latin women and socializing in general with them and HIGHLY analytical people. Copious amounts of questions and introspection drive them INSANE. I am sure that once you decide to actually go, you will either prove or disprove this for yourself. Just giving you a heads up...
Live as if you will die tomorrow, Plan as if you will live forever...

Offline Zon

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 09:17:27 AM »
Gotcha.

Would NEVER enter into any discussion like this with a woman.   

This is like getting financial or legal advice in ADVANCE of a deal. 

I understand what you are saying and it also is applicable to ALL women.  It goes to the heart of what a man should be to a women clear minded and stable.  This is the genetic role of the male.  A man's expression of uncertainty, and a woman's expression of capability is at the root of role confusion in the US.

Offline pablo

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 10:45:45 AM »
Do you see Colombian ladies differing from Argentinian ladies?

I'm assuming that you are talking about physical characteristics.  I saw very few morenas and not as many triguenas in Argentina than you do in Colombia and no Meztizo look.  Since there has been a large influx of European immigrants (Italy, Germany, etc.) you have more of the "Caucasian" look; taller, long legs, lighter skin and hair color with many natural blonds.  I saw some absolutely stunning women in Buenos Aires.  An example of an Argentine look is posted below, a famous model named Carolina Ardohain. 

Regarding the age limits on dating relationships between Colombia and Argentina, it is much less of a problem in Colombia.  I have dated women of all ages in Colombia.  In Argentina, it is similar to the US, a five or ten year gap is considered appropriate but I'm speaking in general terms of course. 

If you want to see more of her photos, here is her web site: http://www.pampita-ardohain.com.ar/
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 10:47:37 AM by pablo »

Offline pablo

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 12:29:52 PM »

There is a large European influence but I don't think they could be classified as being Caucasian but rather Latin.

I did a little reading on the subject and it looks like a retraction is in order.  There are plenty of Caucasian looking Latinas in Argentina!  Spank my pampitas!

http://ojtr.org/peoples/italianandcaucasian.html

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864