Forum > Latin -> General discussion

F3 Tornado in Barranquilla

<< < (3/3)

Montrealer:
Lapentier,
No sirens or nothing that I know about.

As for the locals knowing what they were dealing with, there have been tornados here in the past, from what I've read, but this is one of the stronger ones from what I understand.

Clean-up is happening fast.  I think one of the advantages that Colombia has with dealing with natural disasters, is that the building supplies and engineering are so dirt cheap and poor quality compared to NA standards.

lapentier:
I appreciate the report.  The pictures you took were really interesting; not the usual backdrop I expect for this type of a storm.  To me, tornados in an urban area are always a scary sight.

True, an F3 is not the a very powerful storm compared to those hitting Oklahoma in the F5.  However, I am guessing this is one of the most powerful they have seen in Baranquilla.  An F3 is a powerful, dangerous storm in its own right.  I guess if your lady misses events such as this, you can always bring her back to one of the prairie provinces...  My wife's relatives moving in from the Philippines have been very happy with their new homes in Alberta.

Best wishes to you in your quest for happiness in Colombia.

Mark

clone927:
My Baqn girlfriend told me about this. I didn't think tornado happen down there. I guess I was wrong. Good Pics.

fuzzyuno:
 Montrealer

That tornado actually hit my wife's school she worked at. I did not hear how bad the damage was but the way she was talking there was kids there when it hit.

Montrealer:
There was a school that was hit pretty hard, but it's not in the media anymore so I can't recall the name, but yes there were kids inside.  From what I remember, none were seriously hurt, but the school had to shut down indefinately.  Although it's been a while, I don't know if that verdict has changed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version