It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Why mature Chinese women wants to date foreign guys  (Read 2961 times)

Offline rosexu

• Probie
  • I am Rose Xu
    • Love from China
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Why mature Chinese women wants to date foreign guys
« on: February 28, 2017, 10:48:21 PM »
Chinese women who are 40 to 50 years old were raised with traditional Chinese values. It means family and marriage is very important to them. 20 to 30 years ago it would be regarded as a loss of face if a women got divorced. Today close to 50% of marriages in the Chinese tier 1 cities like Beijing and Shanghai end in divorce.

The Chinese opinion on marriage and relationship are changing and become more westernized. Divorce and sex before marriage is now accepted by the young generation that were born in the 80ties and 90ties.

However for the generation born in the 70ties and 60ties sex and divorce are still sensible topics. Divorced women from that generation often find it difficult to find a local man at the same age who can accept she was married before and also have a child. It would also be difficult for her to be accepted by the parents and the family of the Chinese man

Therefore many Chinese middle aged Chinese women are eager to find a foreign boyfriend or husband because people from the west tend to care less about past relationships. In the west, large families brought together by two divorced couple are also very common and cultural accepted by all relatives involved

« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 12:28:48 PM by Dan »

Offline tyronerobinson

• Probie
  • I look at you and see the rest of my life in front
  • Spouse's Country: Other Asian
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Why mature Chinese women wants to date foreign guys
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 12:14:21 AM »
Some Western men are certainly spoiled by Chinese women. My former roommate said Western guys would never dare to treat Swiss women the way they treated Chinese women. Unfortunately, some Chinese women see Western guys as a free ticket to an overseas trip or a foreign passport, but there are gold-diggers anywhere in the world. The simple truth is Western men are exotic.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 09:44:30 AM »
It varies from person to person and culture to culture, but differences, even opposites,, can and do, attract. That said, I think most of us want, hope for something different in their girlfriend and/or wife that adds something not had before in a relationship. Not much of the ending up with the 'girl next door' anymore.

The same old, same old really does get stale.

The thing is, some people are too lazy and or scared to 'reach' and end up 'settling'---and/or if 'looking' abroad, most of the guys here never even get on the damn plane. Yakity yak online, dealing babes to boost their egos maybe, perhaps trolling for a free cam show, but not putting plans into motion so much.

My Asian wife comes from a very traditional background, is well educated in a big city and while she maneuvers about the professional and interpersonal worlds of life in the USA very well twelve years later, she's retained her perspective as how to treat her husband, for better or worse,  richer or poorer.

She had her head screwed on pretty well from the start and I'm immensely thankful that hasn't changed.

Never marry someone expecting them to change, for them to lose that thing or two (or more) that you don't like, just because they're entering into a marriage. Old habits die hard.

That said, a trip back home for a few weeks and for some reason, it makes our marriage even better. Sort of a 'reset' button. Hell, it represents a real 'reality check' for both of us, making us realize how fortunate we are and how little some of the things we deal with, things we may even seem to value in the USA, actually hardly matter in real life. And what a rat race life we sometimes lead, while missing out on interpersonal opportunities. Too many people here (and abroad) are overly influenced with things like  Facebook (farcebook) and instagram, coveting the superficial, often artifical lives presented there.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 06:42:27 PM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 09:44:30 AM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 06:12:54 PM »
Quite some time back, I interacted with, dated women from China, as well as from Eastern European, Russia and former USSR nations. I was serious with one wonderful, gorgous woman from Kazakhstan.  Both her parents were Doctors and she had degrees as a registered nurse, as well as in Teaching.

She was half Asian, half Caucasian. As knock you dead gorgous as she was, mmmm, she was tall, lean and exotic, so was her personality--sweet,  sweet, sweet and that was a constant over time.

But life in her nation's largest city and capital up until 1997, 'Almaty' was rough, to put it nicely. Lots of crime, poverty, pollution, abusive men, including in some cases incest, along with rampant drug and alcohol use. The goverment totally corrupt, huge economic inequaility and even people working  hardly made enough to live off of. She was mugged several times. If that was the nation's showcase city, I can only imagine what it's like in other metro, as well as rural areas thereabouts. Yet, she never asked me for a cent.

Anyway, she was the one exception for me from China, Russia, E. Europe and the former USSR countries. Most of the woman I interacted from those areas with ran hot and cold, being all about love and romance for a period, as if I was the ONE, then sometimes suddenly disappearing when another, better 'catch' came along. Cagey, calculating, with 'agendas' to which 'romance' as we know it in a true, yes 'mushy,  sentimental' sense, was secondary at best. Many had stress, you might call it 'syndromes' from the conditions they endured all their lives. They were adding up guy's usefulness to them, like they were Math problems. 'Damaged goods' you could say. Wary, weary and jaded.

Not saying there still aren't some great women there--there still are some wonderful ladies--real 'wifey' material---it's just harder than ever to sort them out.

Nowadays, even in the rural provinces all over the globe, things have changed. Where there still aren't landline telephones, there are now cellular smart phones and Internet access, along with elements of the mass media, just about everywhere you might go, along with access to online dating sites. Korean soap operas,  KPop and fashion influence all the continents now, popular in the above mentioned areas, as well as in South and Central America. 'Off the beaten path' isn't what it used to be....

Believe you and me, I'm not some male version of 'Polly Anna'---the nations of women I have been intimate with probably covers most member nations of the United Nations. Been there, done that and then some. It's amazing I've survived without catching any STDs and still have two brain cells left to rub together, although I pretty much gave up 'partying' quite some time ago, before I got married--this second time again to a foriegner.

But I added up just the cash I spent 'playing', traveling and it came to at least 1.5 million dollars. Like Jimmy sang: "Made enough money to buy Miami, but pissed it away so fast. Never meant to last, never meant to last"----or as Errol Flynn also famously said: "I had a hell of a lot of fun and I've enjoyed every minute of it...."

No regrets. After all, you can't take it with you and after I pass, I'm still pretty sure my wife and kids will have some money as a cushion to rest on. Not enough to quit working, but some for when life throws them the inevitable, unexpected curve ball.

Oh well, I have a lovely, beautiful inside and out, marvelously forgiving wife for quite some time now and she makes all the money and miles now done gone, all seem like a well worn dime----but she's priceless. Sometimes, I think the only reason she's stayed with me this long is because she secretly pretends that it's 'Be kind to animals day' every day, LOL---she's no robot dummy submissive either.

When I do or say something stupid, she let's me know, once we're out of earshot of other people. She tries to give me excellent advice on my raising my sons, encouraging me to be patient and to not cut off their heads. Besides, with two, five year bachelor's degrees in both computer hardware and software engineering, she's got brains, along with heart and common sense.

But the bottom line on finding a great woman overseas is that things have really changed in the last ten, fifteen years. You need to change also. Technology and communication have become much easier, while also more complex in ability to deceive, presenting more of a 'slippery slope' than before.

Men and women all over, have gotten wise to being 'played' online, as well as in real life, and many have become 'players' themselves. Retaliation perhaps. If virginity and being sexually active with one person at a time hasn't changed enough globally already, stuff--'games' they (we) wouldn't dream of running in their (our) own village, city or social circle, be they scamming for money or playing bunches of people at the same time, who all think they're the 'one', seems much,  much more acceptable when done online. It's almost too easy.

There's just a certain level of anonomousity that the Internet and distance provides, that allows all kinds of shenanigans to go down all over the place. The internet's like a big sandbox, apart from your own real life's existence, a sandbox where you can sh!t in it as much as you want and create what ever persona you want in relative anonomity.

Hell, this isn't even Robert Angel posting this----he's at work for another hour or so. I'm actually his dog--I'm a golden retriever posting this....You see, on the internet, nobody knows you're  really a dog..... ;)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 02:45:14 AM by robert angel »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 09:44:07 AM »
Chinese women who are 40 to 50 years old were raised with traditional Chinese values. It means family and marriage is very important to them. 20 to 30 years ago it would be regarded as a loss of face if a women got divorced. Today close to 50% of marriages in the Chinese tier 1 cities like Beijing and Shanghai end in divorce.

The Chinese opinion on marriage and relationship are changing and become more westernized. Divorce and sex before marriage is now accepted by the young generation that were born in the 80ties and 90ties.

However for the generation born in the 70ties and 60ties sex and divorce are still sensible topics. Divorced women from that generation often find it difficult to find a local man at the same age who can accept she was married before and also have a child. It would also be difficult for her to be accepted by the parents and the family of the Chinese man

Therefore many Chinese middle aged Chinese women are eager to find a foreign boyfriend or husband because people from the west tend to care less about past relationships. In the west, large families brought together by two divorced couple are also very common and cultural accepted by all relatives involved

http://xuxurose.blogspot.com

Once they're into their twenties and it only gets harder as they get older, if they don't already speak English, it will be a very steep, uphill battle to aquire even rudimentary English speaking & writing skills. That and once they have lived here long enough to get a green card and experienced the relative freedoms life in the USA provides, a lot can change.

They may, seeing how they already did it once already, seek divorce and move to areas like metro NYC, Chicago and California, where there's plenty of Chinese already and not being able to speak passable English isn't near the handicap it might otherwise be elsewhere in the USA.

There are places in the USA where you can live and never have to learn English, as Asian, Spanish and Middle Eastern languages prevail for speech, writing and shopping. (signs). For example, outside Detroit, Michigan (Dearborn) is the largest population of Middle Eastern people outside of the Middle East itself.

In parts of the west,  south Florida and NYC, not being able to speak Spanish puts people who only speak English at a real disadvantage.

A lot of research has shown that once you start to get into your teens, in all but a few fortunate individuals, the brain's ability to learn, to acquire a second language at a proficiency level drops sharply.

So the above doesn't just pertain to China, of course. I know some Colombians to again name just name one of many other nations/cultures, who came here in their twenties and thirties and decades later, still struggle with English.

Some nations just don't put learning even basic English in school as a very high priority.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 10:18:06 AM by robert angel »

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 10:19:45 PM »
Once they're into their twenties and it only gets harder as they get older, if they don't already speak English, it will be a very steep, uphill battle to aquire even rudimentary English speaking & writing skills. That and once they have lived here long enough to get a green card and experienced the relative freedoms life in the USA provides, a lot can change.

They may, seeing how they already did it once already, seek divorce and move to areas like metro NYC, Chicago and California, where there's plenty of Chinese already and not being able to speak passable English isn't near the handicap it might otherwise be elsewhere in the USA.

There are places in the USA where you can live and never have to learn English, as Asian, Spanish and Middle Eastern languages prevail for speech, writing and shopping. (signs). For example, outside Detroit, Michigan (Dearborn) is the largest population of Middle Eastern people outside of the Middle East itself.

In parts of the west,  south Florida and NYC, not being able to speak Spanish puts people who only speak English at a real disadvantage.

A lot of research has shown that once you start to get into your teens, in all but a few fortunate individuals, the brain's ability to learn, to acquire a second language at a proficiency level drops sharply.

So the above doesn't just pertain to China, of course. I know some Colombians to again name just name one of many other nations/cultures, who came here in their twenties and thirties and decades later, still struggle with English.

Some nations just don't put learning even basic English in school as a very high priority.

What do you call someone who can only speak one language?

An American.

My wife has never learned English past a very rudimentary level but nevertheless she is a production supervisor at the Toyota plant in San Antonio, Texas. In most parts of Texas English is optional. We have spent the last 14 years speaking only Spanish to one another and I really don't care if she learns English. How many Americans can say they have read novels in their original language as I have with English, French and Spanish?

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 04:46:50 AM »

What do you call someone who can only speak one language?

An American.

My wife has never learned English past a very rudimentary level but nevertheless she is a production supervisor at the Toyota plant in San Antonio, Texas. In most parts of Texas English is optional. We have spent the last 14 years speaking only Spanish to one another and I really don't care if she learns English. How many Americans can say they have read novels in their original language as I have with English, French and Spanish?

True. It's in no small part due to  the schools usually waiting until high school to teach a foreign language. By that age, they're not like 6 year olds, who can pick up English just by watching TV.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 300