It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Jailbirds on Latín American Cupido  (Read 1329 times)

Offline Elexpatriado

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Jailbirds on Latín American Cupido
« on: March 19, 2017, 10:38:57 AM »
It's not only Naive Gringos from Moose Dick Idaho, Chicken Líps Alabama or Corn hole Iowa who get scammed on the Cupido dating sites.

It happens to Colombianas a well.

My girlfriend knows this 50 year old Colombian woman, single, no kids , lonely, who was on the Latín Cupid site looking for a romantic foreigner to sweep her off her feet.

The lady does some kind of service transmitting documents to Department de Justicia and other government agencies for Lawyers in Armenia.she doesnt make any money doing this (maybe salario mínimo), but also has a small Salón de Belleza.

Well, despite this, she managed to save 4 million pesos, her life's savings.

Anyway, she suposedly met this.guy on Cupido she fell in love with. He was supposedly from England. He wrote to her only in English , and she translated with google translator.

Well my GF told the woman to talk to her should she notice anything fishy.

This guy sent her pictures of him in The UK and the like, but there were no teléfone calls on skype and no vídeos of him talking to her.Seems kind of suspicious, doesnt it ?

Well One day she came into.my GFs office and was trying to talk to her, but my GF was busy with clients and told her to come back later.

She came back a few days later and told her that the guy was coming to Colombia to visit her in a couple weeks,and planned to marry her in Colombia, and he also sent a package (via México LOL) which included an expensive wedding ring, jewels, gifts for the wedding.

The only catch was she had to send $500 to a bank account (supposedly in México) because this guy couldnt send the money for some reason. The person even sent a foto of the Weigh Bill from a Courier company in México to Colombia for the items (obviously Fake..LOL)

Well she finally sent the money 1.5 million plus pesos by Western Unión.

She then wrote the guy, who was now strangely writing in Spanish..even though he only wrote in English before and claimed he didnt understand Spanish.

The guy said the Package was held up in customs and a Mexican customs agent would phone her.

Well a lady with a Mexican acent said tbecause the value of the package was so high,(supposedly $20'000 US or something similar LOL) they would have to pay another $1500 US to release it.

Ja ja..crazy

Well pretty crazy and convoluted story. Dont know how many of the details are 100 % accurate, but pretty sure this gal was taken big time, because once when I phoned my GF I heard here castigating this woman for about 5 minutes saying "why didnt you come speak to me? " why did you send any money?" "Dont under Any circumstances send any more money"

They couldnt trace any phone calls. The poor naive gal can kiss the plata good-bye.

My GF is pretty sure this initiated out of a jail in Colombia. She spent a few months as part of her articaling training working in a Jail in Quindio, and this type of scam is pretty popular with the inmates, who have a lot of time, and free access to internet and telephone.

Sorry about typos and miss-spelled words . Working from IPhone.

Offline Awesome

• Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Jailbirds on Latín American Cupido
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 05:28:50 PM »
Inmates in Colombia have access to the internet?  How so?

Which girlfriend of yours are you referring to expat, the 33 year old attorney, or the one who was with you when you witnessed the murder?

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 05:42:27 PM »
Inmates in Colombia have access to the internet?  How so?

Which girlfriend of yours are you referring to expat, the 33 year old attorney, or the one who was with you when you witnessed the murder?
The same one.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 05:42:27 PM »

Offline Awesome

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 06:58:25 PM »
The same one.

Oh they're one and the same.  That's good, I'd assumed she'd dumped you already.  Maybe there's hope for you yet.

Offline buencamino3

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 04:47:56 PM »
It's not only Naive Gringos from Moose Dick Idaho, Chicken Líps Alabama or Corn hole Iowa who get scammed on the Cupido dating sites.

It happens to Colombianas a well.

My girlfriend knows this 50 year old Colombian woman, single, no kids , lonely, who was on the Latín Cupid site looking for a romantic foreigner to sweep her off her feet.

The lady does some kind of service transmitting documents to Department de Justicia and other government agencies for Lawyers in Armenia.she doesnt make any money doing this (maybe salario mínimo), but also has a small Salón de Belleza.

Well, despite this, she managed to save 4 million pesos, her life's savings.

Anyway, she suposedly met this.guy on Cupido she fell in love with. He was supposedly from England. He wrote to her only in English , and she translated with google translator.

Well my GF told the woman to talk to her should she notice anything fishy.

This guy sent her pictures of him in The UK and the like, but there were no teléfone calls on skype and no vídeos of him talking to her.Seems kind of suspicious, doesnt it ?

Well One day she came into.my GFs office and was trying to talk to her, but my GF was busy with clients and told her to come back later.

She came back a few days later and told her that the guy was coming to Colombia to visit her in a couple weeks,and planned to marry her in Colombia, and he also sent a package (via México LOL) which included an expensive wedding ring, jewels, gifts for the wedding.

The only catch was she had to send $500 to a bank account (supposedly in México) because this guy couldnt send the money for some reason. The person even sent a foto of the Weigh Bill from a Courier company in México to Colombia for the items (obviously Fake..LOL)

Well she finally sent the money 1.5 million plus pesos by Western Unión.

She then wrote the guy, who was now strangely writing in Spanish..even though he only wrote in English before and claimed he didnt understand Spanish.

The guy said the Package was held up in customs and a Mexican customs agent would phone her.

Well a lady with a Mexican acent said tbecause the value of the package was so high,(supposedly $20'000 US or something similar LOL) they would have to pay another $1500 US to release it.

Ja ja..crazy

Well pretty crazy and convoluted story. Dont know how many of the details are 100 % accurate, but pretty sure this gal was taken big time, because once when I phoned my GF I heard here castigating this woman for about 5 minutes saying "why didnt you come speak to me? " why did you send any money?" "Dont under Any circumstances send any more money"

They couldnt trace any phone calls. The poor naive gal can kiss the plata good-bye.

My GF is pretty sure this initiated out of a jail in Colombia. She spent a few months as part of her articaling training working in a Jail in Quindio, and this type of scam is pretty popular with the inmates, who have a lot of time, and free access to internet and telephone.

Sorry about typos and miss-spelled words . Working from IPhone.

Extortions from jail cells are becoming quite common. I got a weird message on my cell myself about a stranded passenger needing money. They get a cell number somehow,  fish for information then come up with extortion strategies.
Hermosamente feliz

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864