It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: first surgery in Colombia  (Read 10166 times)

Offline Awesome

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: first surgery in Colombia
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2017, 03:51:48 PM »
She might be that kind of naive girl that still thinks that a kid will tie a man down... que linda..
(it might thu but only if you both stay in love and committed, nothing to do with a baby)

I don't know if cp is "tied down", but he did spend 10 grand on a testicle surgery and is ready to sign her up to receive all of his death benefits and probably a lot more besides that.

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2017, 06:12:39 PM »

I don't know if cp is "tied down", but he did spend 10 grand on a testicle surgery and is ready to sign her up to receive all of his death benefits and probably a lot more besides that.

First she has to have the baby then then marry me and then I'll sign her up for death benefits and my pension jajaja

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2017, 06:17:03 PM »
First she has to have the baby then then marry me and then I'll sign her up for death benefits and my pension jajaja

Whatever you do , dont tell her about the last part.

There are guys who have done exactly the same thing, and then "mysteriously" disapeared in Colombia.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2017, 06:17:03 PM »

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2017, 06:51:27 PM »

There are guys who have done exactly the same thing, and then "mysteriously" disapeared in Colombia.
Jaja.  For the last 5 years my wife as known if I die she gets 3 years of my salary in benefits but I'm still alive...

Offline Calipro

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2017, 07:04:26 PM »

And here I was thinking the lowest they could go to get ahead in life was to have a baby with someone they didn't love.  Now I find out they are capable of murder LOL

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2017, 08:00:21 PM »
At least this thread bring new meaning to the phrase 'nut job' on PL
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline John W

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2017, 12:18:14 AM »
Congrats CP on finding a woman you want to settle down with.  Congrats to Benjo also!  Your girlfriend is gorgeous! Lots of inspiring stories.  I agree with Chris F that having kids in your 50s is much more difficult.  I am also in my early 50s and just had a baby with my wife a few months ago.  Neither of us had a prior marriage or any prior children.  I am already too old to be having kids, but we are planning on having a second child.  I have known a few people who are an "only child", and I think it is very lonely.  I want my kids to have siblings, so that is how I am rationalizing have another child when many of my contemporaries are welcoming grand children. 
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 12:21:02 AM by John W »

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2017, 09:35:59 AM »
Congrats CP on finding a woman you want to settle down with.  Congrats to Benjo also!  Your girlfriend is gorgeous! Lots of inspiring stories.  I agree with Chris F that having kids in your 50s is much more difficult.  I am also in my early 50s and just had a baby with my wife a few months ago.  Neither of us had a prior marriage or any prior children.  I am already too old to be having kids, but we are planning on having a second child.  I have known a few people who are an "only child", and I think it is very lonely.  I want my kids to have siblings, so that is how I am rationalizing have another child when many of my contemporaries are welcoming grand children.
I had a similar rationale for having 2 kids. My daughters are 20 months apart and I do have to warn you, having 2 small kids is harder than just 1...

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2017, 10:59:57 AM »
I had a similar rationale for having 2 kids. My daughters are 20 months apart and I do have to warn you, having 2 small kids is harder than just 1...

Yes, it is, the cost of two cages is twice as much. Besides, sometimes, daughters don't learn or cognitively grasp the word, meaning of 'elope'---resulting in additional expenses, just as you anticipate, downsizing, retiring into your 'golden years' and entering into the 'crustacean era'. You have grandkids, expect to pay to visit and indulge them too....

So as we know class, kids can cost a lot of money.

But just a heads up, theIr need for your money in most cases never ends. I have two sons that are college age and this week alone, I got hit up for two new iPhones, a pair of prescription frame Persol brand (James Bond's, classic, tasteful choice of French eyewear) a $1400 Microsoft Surfacebook computer for one of my boy's Computer Science major needs (the previously seldom used $1700 Alienware laptop I had and gave him fried) and his car needed major work. Oh and he needs new, more current style clothes. The horror to not have jeans skinny enough!!!  To their credit, they both hold down jobs, but nonetheless life can be expensive, requiring extra help--cash infusions.

I have texted them (as typical, no fast reply as they're very busy lads--unless they need something right now), to inform them I'm looking to retire before too long, sell the houss to move far, far away and perhaps keep a P.O. box in our current locale.

Hint, when they don't reply to your text, wait a while, send a retext-- just "?" and after two or three "??", "???" I typically get a reply.

Anybody got a line on a lightly used Winnebago?

But overall, just grasp this:

"Money isn't everything, but it sure keeps the kids in touch"

Offline Ray

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2017, 03:42:06 PM »

Anybody got a line on a lightly used Winnebago?

Do you have any idea how much it is going to cost to ship that Winnebago to Davao?

LOL!

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2017, 05:18:13 PM »
Don't want to be too much of a downer but since CP mentioned death benefits I'll ask a general question to the board:

What do women who are married to guys with a large age gap think about the guy dying WAY before she will be gone?  Do they think about it all? If they do think about it does it bother them?

I recall a few years ago talking to this woman from the U.S.A. who said her rule with age gaps was 10 years max. And a big part of that was because she didn't want to end up alone later in life. Granted most women in the U.S.A. live longer than men but her concern was living for decades longer without a significant other, etc.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2017, 06:11:45 PM »
Don't want to be too much of a downer but since CP mentioned death benefits I'll ask a general question to the board:

What do women who are married to guys with a large age gap think about the guy dying WAY before she will be gone?  Do they think about it all? If they do think about it does it bother them?

I recall a few years ago talking to this woman from the U.S.A. who said her rule with age gaps was 10 years max. And a big part of that was because she didn't want to end up alone later in life. Granted most women in the U.S.A. live longer than men but her concern was living for decades longer without a significant other, etc.

You should live in Colombia or other developing country.

You worry  way too much about things only North Americans or Europeans  will think about.

If you die earlier, the gal will most likely be way better off than if she hooked up with some perro mujeriego machista barrio boy.

On that very subject though, my GF, who is 26 years younger than me, is convinced she will go first, because her health is not always great, and mine (up until now, knock on wood) is.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 06:15:37 PM by Elexpatriado »

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2017, 06:17:03 PM »

You worry  way too much about things only North Americans or Europeans  will think about.

If you die earlier, the gal will most likely be way better off than if she hooked up with some perro mujeriego machista barrio boy.

On that very subject though, my GF, who is 26 years younger than me, is convinced she will go first, because her health is not always great, and mine (up until now, knock on wood) is.
So true.
Colombians don't think that far ahead. They live for the moment and focus on the present.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2017, 06:17:03 PM »

Offline Calipro

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2017, 06:43:53 PM »

I've tried to talk to my girlfriend about out living her and she doesn't want to hear it.

She says I might out live her. God decides who dies first so they don't see a point planning around life events that you don't have any control over

Or so she thinks. I have absolutely no intention of living past 80.  But I can't tell her that without pissing her off

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2017, 07:23:13 PM »
I've tried to talk to my girlfriend about out living her and she doesn't want to hear it.

She says I might out live her. God decides who dies first so they don't see a point planning around life events that you don't have any control over

Or so she thinks. I have absolutely no intention of living past 80.  But I can't tell her that without pissing her off
Generally Colombian women hate talking about death. "No me gustan temas negativas"....

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2017, 08:20:11 PM »

Of course, I get that in most cases she is getting a "better deal" by moving to the gringo's country. And that will likely trump concerns about age.

I still think it is a legit point to bring up with her. As CP indicated, he brought it up with his lady. It is not a pleasant topic and I get they won't want to focus on it much.

Time flies. Best to at least mention this unpleasant reality at least once before you tie the knot. That is all.

Offline no comment

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2017, 10:52:24 PM »
The 50 something year old father club isn't so small.  We've got a 6 month old.  Just one baby changes everything.

We'll all be dealing with an adolescent as we're pushing 70 and maybe college tuition soon after.

Offline Chris F

• Spouse's Country: Peru
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2017, 01:40:35 PM »

Here are the two reasons why it's even harder for men who are in their fifties to have babies with their young foreign wives.

1. The wife's side of the family, in most circumstances but not all, are all back in South America. Therefore her mom and or sisters cannot provide any assistance with the baby as most latin families normally do.

2. For the husband over fifty having children, his parents will not be able to provide much assistance because they are both in their mid eighties if they are still living.

What all this means is that your wife never really gets a break from the baby due to no one being able to help until you come home from work.

The above reasons applied to me as well as a good friend who also found his wife in South America.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 01:47:57 PM by Chris F »

Offline buencamino3

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2017, 06:02:36 PM »

Here are the two reasons why it's even harder for men who are in their fifties to have babies with their young foreign wives.

1. The wife's side of the family, in most circumstances but not all, are all back in South America. Therefore her mom and or sisters cannot provide any assistance with the baby as most latin families normally do.

2. For the husband over fifty having children, his parents will not be able to provide much assistance because they are both in their mid eighties if they are still living.

What all this means is that your wife never really gets a break from the baby due to no one being able to help until you come home from work.

The above reasons applied to me as well as a good friend who also found his wife in South America.

In Colombia anyone with the economic resources that most gringos can boast of will have a niƱera. In many cases live in.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 06:06:02 PM by buencamino3 »
Hermosamente feliz

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2017, 06:21:46 PM »

And if you have a maid, au pair, nanny etc., you might want to make sure she's big, fat and ugly, or else risk potential 'conflict of interest' and worse...

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2017, 07:11:25 PM »

I'm 46 and these things apply to me too. The only family member we have who can help with child care for our two kids is my mom who is 79....

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2017, 09:00:32 PM »
Not having any family around during my first marriage to occasionally watch the kids really took a toll on our marriage. To compound the issue and to avoid over exposing our kids to baby sitters, day cares and such, my ex worked nights and weekends, so I basically worked days, then got home about the same time our kids did when they finished school. So I was sort of 'the' parent.

You HAVE to find private time, undistracted to be with your wife. Not just after they go to sleep, not just for a a rare Friday, Saturday night, but sometimes for several days of romance, vacation etc.

Otherwise you WILL burn out.

It got to the point where there was nothing we really communicated as between just her and I. It was all logistics--who was taking this child or both to wayyyy too many events.

My kids did scouts, music lessons, band, tae kwan do, swim team, soccer, base ball, wrestling, chess club and more. Don't do all that to your kids. Kids need to get bored sometimes, to not have non outside activity time at home consumed by Xbox, Playstation and Nintendo. Don't make those your baby sitters.

You think your kid might be AD/HD? Those video games contribute to that and a good Psychologist will ask parents to not let their child go NEAR such a game console for two weeks, before they'll start doing real in depth testing.

But if you've let your marriage all but die because it's ALL about the kid/s and not enough you and her, the kids will grow up screwed up in the head to an extent anyhow.

Then if divorce comes, you better have a good medical plan that allows counseling for the kids.

It's already a tough role. Don't make it more complicated than it has to be. Putting yourselves first occasionally will ultimately make you better parents.

Offline buencamino3

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2017, 05:47:34 PM »

Sounds like a good strategy. Hope it all plays out according to what you want.
Hermosamente feliz

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2017, 05:47:34 PM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2017, 11:46:46 PM »
I should've put this post on this thread. Probably was a waste of my time and energy anyhow, seeing how even if people read this or if anyone goes back into the archives, this place is running on life support, the 'Dr's been out of the room' a long time and it appears it's about to go dark forever.
__________________________________________________________________________ _______________

I think it's quite much more the norm than the exception that marriage puts at least a bit of a damper on a couple's sex life.

Unlike before, when you no longer have to 'get it' where and when you can, be it on a date once or twice a week that you've been anticipating, your place, her place, hotel, wherever, however,  just imagining bout what your gonna do, expecting a few twists and suprises perhaps, getting your juices all worked up about 'jumping her bones' as we used to say, LOL-----perhaps a quickie at lunch, in a jet airplane bathroom (more difficult than it sounds, believe me-- bumps n bruises...) the opportunies for novel eroticism once married, or dare say, with kids, can wane. An inside lock on the laundry room door, well mounted shelving and 'spin cycle' take on added meaning.

But yea, add kids and it tends to exacerbate an already challenged scenario. Her body's gonna change--can you deal with that, without losing the 'hots' for her?  She's gonna get wider just from a lot of sex, a baby or two will add to that. You'll probably become less 'buff' yourself.

We see the occasional, TV, movie actress who seems to have defied that post pregnancy body blimp out, stretch marks, boobs dropping several inches etc., but typically that's with a team, inc. a full time personal trainer, dietician a personal chef and a LOT of discipline over two or three months, doing little else. Then maintaining that. Maybe lipo, other surgery too. Oh--and the right mindset and genetics to start.

Don't buy into that, don't pay too much attention coveting what hollywood shows, never mind the "All is soooo perfect with us--just look!"  Bull sh!-t all too often portrayed on farce book.

But try being a 'stay at home parent' raising a Pre K kid, keeping the house up, shopping and preparing food, managing household affairs, finances and you'll be so physically tired, you'll be delighted to go back to a '9 to 5' job lifestyle. Been there, done that. Even with one stay at home parent being dynamite at managing all that and still hot looking and 'ffrisky'--- while the other works 9 to 5, once the kid gets sick, can't sleep etc., sex may be the last thing either of  you think about at home.

I try and stay in shape and she notices if my body's ripped or if and where exactly I've gained a couple pounds. Just heard it in fact. From today's physical lifting, bending and busting my ass all day, outside, I was allowing my aching back to arch out, my T shirt hanging out over my stomach a wee bit and she asked: 'Did you gain a couple pounds, Honey?"

She HATES the movie 'The Big Lebowski' ---"Too much swearing!!!" she says, (so I insist we watch "Good Fellas' instead) but to defuse what could be tense situation, leading to spousal abuse charges and police visits, I'll borrow a line from TBL and snap at her: " SHUT THE F___K UP DONNY! YOUR OUT OF YOUR ELEMENT!!" Really, it works--she giggles and changes the subject. I've gotten her that Americanized, lol.  Not that I was pissed at her for noticing, she notices everything after all, and while we had a few tense, 'pissy' words earlier about the outdoor project while I was sweating and swearing, we worked past those, comprimising on some elements. Gotta have that 'give n take'...

I learned from my first marriage that sometimes you HAVE to fight, to 'let it out' sometimes or else it'll build up pressure and something bad's gonna happen, something's gonna blow up real bad eventually.

They say: "Never go to bed/asleep mad at each other". Good advice, but take it from me, once married to a passive agresssive women---

"Never go to bed mad at each other, STAY UP and fight!!!"

Beides, it may even lead to incredible sex afterwards....

She's got a lot of years on me age wise, but she still encourages us to work out together. Today, as indicated above, we really worked. We laid about 1800 pounds of paver stone, after laying and leveling base 'paver' sand, then fIlling in the cracks with more special sand. Some of the stones weighed half of her weight, no lie and I had to keep asking her to quit carrying them over, as I leveled previous stones. Looks good, only a couple of wobblers and best to wait for a few rains before having back at it. THAT was today's workout. Grilled honey glazed wild salmon and salad after. And a LOT of water.

OK, l lied, as we're still starving AND sore. Me, 200 pounds, took two naproxen, (Aleve) she 93 pounds tops (about her weight when she got here) took one. She's in the kitchen now, heaping Boar's Head brand corned beef onto Pepperidge Farm Jewish rye bread with Grey Poupon on it, dollops of really great organic saurerkraut, topped with pepper Jack cheese, all roasted until the cheese melts. Old Filipino recipe by now, LOL. Hell, it's still St. Patrick's Day around here.

Kind of fun in a sadistic way to do 60 to 90 minutes of hot (110 to 112 degrees) Power Yoga, but I lose 4 or 5 pounds each time. More flexible too. Her idea, along with occasional massages she insists we have together. For some odd reason, she doesn't want me in a private room with a female masseuse!  Been begging off hot yoga a bit lately, because it IS killer, but we'll be back. Maybe 10--15 people show at yoga, 10 being other really hot babes, so the scenery's great anyway. Imagine killer babes, in skin tight gym wear with no panty lines, a couple scrawny gay guys and then me, lol. Add walking 2 or 3 times a week briskly, perhaps some short sprints and light jogging and some weights and we 'maintain'. I have a 'wellness coach' work with me once a month and physicals every six.

For keeping it hot in the bedroom whilst married with kids, besides working out together in whatever fashion whenever, wherever, I do suggest split bedoom plan houses (remote control cam w/sound for baby/kid's room)  and in some cases, a rolled up towel at the base of the Master bedroom door and sometimes a pillow duct taped to the back of the bed's headboard so your 'activities ' don't disturb them. Kids are curious creatures, so keep things they ought not see or hear, where they won't.

You really have to keep an open mind, exploring new things in the bedroom, new mindsets that are within the boundaries of your imagination and morality. Reach....

Otherwise, to put it bluntly 'the same old sh!t gets old' after a while.

Took a break from posting this silly post on this sillier site and ate. As said, supper' wasn't enough, so she finished our stacked , two handed style sandwiches for 'dinner'. Kosher pickles on side, brilliant add on.

Damn, for a woman raised to focus on education and respecting her man,  not on cooking, who started here learning from: "The Three Ingredient Cookbook" ( ie Campbells Cream of Mushroom soup, porkchops and rice or noodles, equals 'stroganoff" ) to becoming acknowledged by my family as an ace 'honorary Italian' quality Italian chef, baker, and great lady overall, that woman fixes one, hella corned beef sandwich!!!!!

Maybe there's Jewish in the bloodline, LOL. Must be. Like I've always said here, Jewish girls are great lovers.....
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 06:36:29 AM by robert angel »

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2017, 09:03:21 AM »
Kids change a relationship, in some ways for better, some for worse...My wife is very spontaneous, so she's good about getting the kids preoccupied, so we can do our thing, but yeah the kids demand alot of attention, and there have been plenty of times they wind up knocking on our locked bedroom door, demanding one thing or another...

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 299