It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Sad story  (Read 1844 times)

Offline Elexpatriado

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Sad story
« on: January 21, 2019, 09:15:37 AM »

Dont know if the Latin Page is the right place

This is a really sad story. Just shows you how many sad, lonely old (and maybe not so old always) guys there are out there, and how easily they can be scammed.

He never even met the "Woman" just her profile online, and he sent "her" all his money. His lifes savings.

And if you look at the foto, she aint even very attrctive. Lookslike she (the picture anyway) hit the "wall" at high speed.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/senior-wires-life-savings-through-td-bank-in-romance-scam-1.4980649

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Sad story
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 10:59:47 AM »
a lot of people target old people because they they are easy targets.  doesnt have to be online either.

my dad would  drive to the grocery store when he  was older , about the only time he drove.  some lady saw him, started talking to him. soon after, she came to his house for a visit. luckily  my brother just happen to be there when this lady arrive. he asked her " who are you and what are you doing here"

my dad lived out in the sticks so she couldnt say " oh i was just in the area"   she didnt really have a valid reason as to why she was there, so my brother took a photo of her license plate  number and told her,"  dont come back here again"

unfortunately, older people are easy targets, more so the men when it comes to women.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 11:28:58 AM »
a lot of people target old people because they they are easy targets.  doesnt have to be online either.

my dad would  drive to the grocery store when he  was older , about the only time he drove.  some lady saw him, started talking to him. soon after, she came to his house for a visit. luckily  my brother just happen to be there when this lady arrive. he asked her " who are you and what are you doing here"

my dad lived out in the sticks so she couldnt say " oh i was just in the area"   she didnt really have a valid reason as to why she was there, so my brother took a photo of her license plate  number and told her,"  dont come back here again"

unfortunately, older people are easy targets, more so the men when it comes to women.

Your brother was sure she wasn't there for help with an 'oil change'?
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 11:28:58 AM »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 12:33:12 PM »

This is a really sad story. Just shows you how many sad, lonely old (and maybe not so old always) guys there are out there, and how easily they can be scammed.

He never even met the "Woman" just her profile online, and he sent "her" all his money. His lifes savings.

And if you look at the foto, she aint even very attrctive. Lookslike she (the picture anyway) hit the "wall" at high speed.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/senior-wires-life-savings-through-td-bank-in-romance-scam-1.4980649

This guy wasnt that particularily old..but the loss of his wife plus his cancer made him.emotionally very vulnerable

Really sad situation
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 08:32:45 PM by Elexpatriado »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 02:59:31 PM »

This guy wasnt that particularily old..bit the loas of nos wife plus bus o en can her made hum.emotionally very venerable

Really sad situation

Sad, true. But while it's obviously relative to your own particular yardstick,  I dare say age 67 would be considered "old" by most people.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 03:47:25 PM »
Your brother was sure she wasn't there for help with an 'oil change'?

lol my dad was too old for that, he wasnt into women much at his later point in his life. he was more into his kids and grand kids  and shooting squirrels 

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 08:31:17 PM »
Sad, true. But while it's obviously relative to your own particular yardstick,  I dare say age 67 would be considered "old" by most people.

I fixed Up.my post

Offline buenopues4

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 03:18:33 PM »

This sounds autobiographical.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2019, 05:53:05 PM »

This sounds autobiographical.

Nope I didnt die of cancer neither did my wife and NEVER gave a nickel to someone I never met in my life

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5874
Latest: BillyGeots
New This Month: 3
New This Week: 2
New Today: 1
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 253