It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: places to go on a date in Barranquilla  (Read 1018 times)

Offline lucumo

• Probie
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
places to go on a date in Barranquilla
« on: January 01, 2018, 01:55:47 PM »

I´ve heard there is not much to do in Barranquilla compared to other cities.

I was wondering if anyone can recommend some places to take a girl in Barranquilla?  I prefer something inexpensive because I just met this girl so I just want to get to know her. 

It would be best if the place has wifi so I can use google translate when necessary.  I know some some [/size]Spanish but not enough for a deeper meaningful conversation. 

I prefer to also do something more active as well because sitting at a table is kind of boring and can sometimes feel like pressure. 

I don´t mind doing alot of walking on the streets even when its hot but a woman might not want to do that. 

I could go to a mall but I don´t want a woman to think we are going shopping for expensive things.
[/size]
[/size](That would of course be a way to screen them if they are in fact a goldigger because then they will try to get you to buy them things)
[/size]

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: places to go on a date in Barranquilla
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 02:00:11 PM »
I liked to go bowling, I liked to find a pool to swim in, I liked going to the mud volcano.  WIFI will vary from place to place. 

Fathertime! 
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline buencamino3

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 02:51:41 PM »
Maybe someone else will remember the name of it as I don't but there is (or at least was ten years ago) a restaurant and hotel on the beach about an hour out of Barranquilla going towards Cartagena. The current is a little strong so you have to be careful but it made a good day trip with beach and lunch. In the city (nd much cheaper) you could take in the Museo Romantico, a quirky old museum dealing with the history of Barranquilla including Carnival. Some interesting and weird stuff.
Hermosamente feliz

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 02:51:41 PM »

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 03:42:55 PM »
Maybe someone else will remember the name of it as I don't but there is (or at least was ten years ago) a restaurant and hotel on the beach about an hour out of Barranquilla going towards Cartagena. The current is a little strong so you have to be careful but it made a good day trip with beach and lunch. In the city (nd much cheaper) you could take in the Museo Romantico, a quirky old museum dealing with the history of Barranquilla including Carnival. Some interesting and weird stuff.
I went to  solanilla last week. Beautiful views of the beach. You can go swimming in the pools and eat there.  Maybe more appropriate for a girl you already feel comfortable with...

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 04:43:54 PM »

I’m pretty sure I know the place you’re talking about but it’s 30 minutes away, tops. Depending on the time of day you may have been in traffic so coming from the Northern most part of the city I guess an hour is possible. I don’t remember the name either though.

There was a great restaurant in Castillo Salgar. Pretty sure that’s still there because they host lots of wedding recptions. There’s also a rooftop patio bar near El Centro called Coco Beach or something. This was my favorite place because they had like these bungalows where you could just lounge on really comfortable sofas and enjoy your date in private. Not sure if it’s still there but El Pulpo Paul has great food and live music on the weekends. Across the street from that restaurant there’s a hotel with a nice restaurant/bar on the top floor. Live Salsa on Fridays there. La Dolce Vita was always awesome but again, not sure if it’s still open. There’s a bakery with the same name so make sure you tell your taxi driver you want to go to the restaurant. For some reason they always assume you mean the bakery. Your best bet is Buena Vista. Kind of a cliche place to take a girl in Quilla for a date, but there’s a theatre, game room and more places to eat than you can count. Also a great ice cream palor. Mag Mandango for the best soup or grilled meat. There are ton of options now...the city has grown tremendously. Best of luck to you.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 04:49:45 PM by benjio »

Offline buencamino3

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 05:06:41 PM »
That sounds about right. It was too long ago and I couldn't remember.
Hermosamente feliz

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5874
Latest: BillyGeots
New This Month: 3
New This Week: 2
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864