It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Fiance here and all is well!!!  (Read 4660 times)

Offline the_ace33

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Fiance here and all is well!!!
« on: January 18, 2015, 06:03:54 PM »
She landed last night.  We have spent one wonderfull day and one wonderfull night together so far!  Everything is just what I had imagined it to be! 
tengo una esposa de medellin

Offline michaelb

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Fiance here and all is well!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 08:09:41 PM »
Congratulations!

Offline Awesome

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 09:07:42 PM »
Great news brother!!  She's here just in time for the rodeo and mardi gras.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 09:07:42 PM »

Offline fathertime

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 11:00:34 PM »
Good luck Ace...you have waited for this moment for a long time...here's to hoping you can make the most of it!

Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline the_ace33

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 07:59:58 PM »
Its been great so far.  She gets along with my family well and she is already helping with my biz!  We are getting along so well its scary!  I have to admit though like fathertime says its a takes some getting use to having someone living with you and around you all the time.  I dont really need any privacy,  she doesnt mind when I have gas or I need to kind of have my alone time.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 09:07:09 PM »
Its been great so far.  She gets along with my family well and she is already helping with my biz!  We are getting along so well its scary!  I have to admit though like fathertime says its a takes some getting use to having someone living with you and around you all the time.  I dont really need any privacy,  she doesnt mind when I have gas or I need to kind of have my alone time.

Sounds great--enjoy it--these are the best of times for you and she--I hope you have many, many happy years together!
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline dewey4350

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 08:53:27 AM »
Congradulations I can only imagine the time you waited........

Offline stevekoozer

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2015, 02:22:22 PM »
 Awesome news man good to hear

Did you get out for some Deer hunting this past season?

Offline the_ace33

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 09:15:33 PM »
to answer your question steve, no sometimes my father can get me in for a hunt but this year he could not.  I think I have come to the conclusion that for the most part marraige has alot more to do with having a good partner and less about the physical things that men dream about.  I am glad that I chose to settle down with a really nice girl who can help me in my life instead of causing me another problem.  Although I do find her attractive physically,  I find her the most attractive in the other functional ways.  Like a help mate the way god intended.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2015, 09:35:42 PM »
to answer your question steve, no sometimes my father can get me in for a hunt but this year he could not.  I think I have come to the conclusion that for the most part marraige has alot more to do with having a good partner and less about the physical things that men dream about.  I am glad that I chose to settle down with a really nice girl who can help me in my life instead of causing me another problem.  Although I do find her attractive physically,  I find her the most attractive in the other functional ways.  Like a help mate the way god intended.

Hey,  "Like a help mate the way God intended" - - thats GREAT---I can't begin to count the ways my wife helps me and how my life is so much better for it.

That said,  there's also a lot to be said for a great woman who: 'Likes to help mate the way God intended'  ;D

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 09:14:58 AM »

Always good to read about a guy who can recognize the virtues of a good paisa. They are the best women on earth.

Offline dewey4350

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 10:02:16 AM »
 I'm so curious about the transition and eveyday changes are like. Good thing is its still going well. LOL

Offline stevekoozer

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2015, 07:33:03 AM »

Man that's great, finding one you get along with and can spend time with without undue amounts of stress or drama. Too many guys go just for young and sexy arm candy and don't consider other more tangible long term attributes. Only got out myself for a couple of days this past season lucky enough I filled my tags with some effort.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2015, 07:33:03 AM »

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2017, 05:14:03 PM »
Ok, the thread is nearly three years old. But I hope The Ace is doing well with his lady from Medellin. He hasn't posted in nearly as long...

« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 05:21:08 PM by Hector_Lavoe »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2017, 07:34:40 PM »
Usually if it's been a long time with someone who made quite a few, regular posts, things are either very, very good, (busy) or all too often, not too good...

For us, shown here this fine Friday evening, things are fortunately still in the 'very good' department and we still haven't let a significant age difference drift us apart. Hell, I'm thinking about retiring (31 years and uma done..) and besides getting in better physical shape,  planning some crazy travel adventures for us.

Oh, speaking of the past and good things, spoke w Steve Koozer not too long ago and things sounded pretty cool w he and the same lovely Colombiana he's been sweet on for quite a while. Need to let him know the craziness that was running roughshod here a while back has subsided ..
Fosgate5's life looks like it's gonna get even better b4 too long also....
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 08:04:09 PM by robert angel »

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2017, 08:13:16 PM »
^^Robert: Glad all is well with you and your wife and your life. Good luck on the retirement plans and the travel adventures.

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2017, 10:04:26 PM »
Usually if it's been a long time with someone who made quite a few, regular posts, things are either very, very good, (busy) or all too often, not too good...

For us, shown here this fine Friday evening, things are fortunately still in the 'very good' department and we still haven't let a significant age difference drift us apart. Hell, I'm thinking about retiring (31 years and uma done..) and besides getting in better physical shape,  planning some crazy travel adventures for us.

Oh, speaking of the past and good things, spoke w Steve Koozer not too long ago and things sounded pretty cool w he and the same lovely Colombiana he's been sweet on for quite a while. Need to let him know the craziness that was running roughshod here a while back has subsided ..
Fosgate5's life looks like it's gonna get even better b4 too long also....
Looks like youve been pumpin some iron Rob...
As for those no longer posting i suspect most ran into relationship trouble...

Offline Kiltboy1

• She Loves What's Under The Kilt
  • Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2017, 10:48:37 AM »
Old KB checking in too.

Not everyone has crashed and burned. Some of us are just really busy and in my case I made a pledge to myself to do other things with my free time other than browsing forums .

My wife just celebrated her 40TH Birthday this week( see photo) and we will be celebrating out 13TH wedding anniversary in March.
My daughter is a JR in College and my son is  freshman in high school and an honor student. My life is full and wonderful and I am blessed to have a great family.

I just sold my Mfg Rep. Agency to a Private Equity firm and like Robert, we are going to do a lot of traveling to places we have never been before.

I hope all the other old posters are doing well too and Rob, you do look like you have been hitting the gym. Looking good Ole Man !

KB

She Loves What's Under The Kilt !

Viva Ecuador !

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2017, 12:14:43 PM »
Old KB checking in too.

Not everyone has crashed and burned. Some of us are just really busy and in my case I made a pledge to myself to do other things with my free time other than browsing forums .

My wife just celebrated her 40TH Birthday this week( see photo) and we will be celebrating out 13TH wedding anniversary in March.
My daughter is a JR in College and my son is  freshman in high school and an honor student. My life is full and wonderful and I am blessed to have a great family.

I just sold my Mfg Rep. Agency to a Private Equity firm and like Robert, we are going to do a lot of traveling to places we have never been before.

I hope all the other old posters are doing well too and Rob, you do look like you have been hitting the gym. Looking good Ole Man !

KB
That's good to hear that you're doing well. I'm not surprised, since your marriage has endurance a long time, and you had noted what you learned from your prior marriage to a Colombiana.... I wonder more about the guys who report in the first few weeks of their fiancee arriving that all is well, how those relationships develop, but yet we never hear from them again....

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2017, 03:42:46 PM »
^^KB: As M.C. stated I am not surprised to hear all is well with your marriage. Congrats on the sale to the P.E. firm and enjoy your travels.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2017, 06:21:59 PM »
Old KB checking in too.

KB

HL, MC, KB, guys..

Thanks for the regards. Just goes to show that there are women out there that are truly beautiful INSIDE and out. But.... "Gotta get on the plane...."   While others may stereotype and we even tend to generalize here, each of us has a unique story. But I think we all worked things a bit harder,  reached a bit farther and while our wives have done a lot to make us happy, we've reciprocated the same back.

For us, my holding her family in high regard and letting her send some of her income home, is something that she hugely appreciates. Besides, it's not a whole lot and they don't expect handouts. I got some great deals on Levis jeans for her brothers and some nice threads from Aeropostale, Hollister--like 60 to 80% off, for stuff that is always 100% USD retail price 'over there.' Today, we found American Eagle shoes--their version of 'Vans'--new for $5.99 at Rugged Wearhouse/Gabes. Hell, I got a pair! I enjoy it, like it's some kinda happiness shopping sport, knowing the smiles my modest spending will generate. It couldn't have been apreciated any more, if I was even able to send my wife to Paris or Rome for an entire wardrobe. She looks great and manages to do so frugally right here.

As to me pushing weights, nada in a long time. But that's one thing I'm looking to do, just to tone up a bit.  We just eat right 'most' of the time and try to go for long walks. That and a tea cup of warmed up fresh squeezed lemon juice 10-20 minutes b4 breakfast--that keeps 6 - 8 pounds off easy. Strange but true.

But building cardio endurance, hitting the dreaded treadmill, a bit of low impact action, light to medium weights, swimming-- that what these old bones need. Finally realize after all those years that my Dr. saying: "Use or or lose it" that the celery and cottage cheese son of a gun Dr. was (is) right.

Some mosturizer, skin care (YES, for us guys late 40's, on into into 50's!!) and hopefully she won't have to take me to the taxidermist anytime soon...

Best of the holidays for everyone!

Offline iambboy8012

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2017, 12:15:36 PM »
Like, hearing things like this thread. Gives a little light at the end of the tunnel, and hope for newbies like myself.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 211