Forum > Off-Topic Items

Corona

(1/40) > >>

robert angel:
My wife is home 24X7 now, as she's able to work her technology job at home, with 2 monitors and her computer tweaked for international phone access and other tricks impossible not so long ago.

It's kinda weird. I like her around, but this isn't quite how I figured it'd happen--not like 'boom'--instantly.

My 22 y/o son in Atlanta, just 2 months into his 100K a year 1st job after college graduation, is doing his AI work for the mega firm he signed on with. He's able to from his posh apartment on a wicked fast PC he self built and 3 big monitors.

He'll be fine.

Both are following company orders.

My 28 y/o son who owns a (used to be) always full a AirBNB is in a bad spot. He rents it from the owner for 4K a month and runs his boutique AirBN out of it. But nobody's booking.

Then he waits tables at a swank place and routinely makes very good pay there--enough income to live off of alone, but now is sh!t out of luck--they're closing for an undetermined length of time.

He asked if he could crash at our house, when push comes to shove....

That it was a miracle that as hard as he tried as a hell raising teen, to break my wife and I up, but couldn't, isn't lost on me.

Meanwhile my wife's all about helping him with food, with him moving back home with us, with his bills, etc.

Amazing woman. "Family stays together, helps each other" she says. Most USA born step mothers would've poisoned his food 15 years ago....

My wife, him and my lazy, 'Do what I please, when I please' self,  are about to experience change--change that's going to require ongoing adjustments, to put it mildly

As I predicted  weeks ago, this isn't gonna be easy, it's only going to get harder, and it isn't going away anytime soon.

Trump said we might see some return to normalcy by July or August.

I'm afraid he's being a bit optimistic....

mambocowboy:

--- Quote from: robert angel on March 16, 2020, 05:46:24 PM ---My wife is home 24X7 now, as she's able to work her technology job at home, with 2 monitors and her computer tweaked for international phone access and other tricks impossible not so long ago.

It's kinda weird. I like her around, but this isn't quite how I figured it'd happen--not like 'boom'--instantly.

My 22 y/o son in Atlanta, just 2 months into his 100K a year 1st job after college graduation, is doing his AI work for the mega firm he signed on with. He's able to from his posh apartment on a wicked fast PC he self built and 3 big monitors.

He'll be fine.

Both are following company orders.

My 28 y/o son who owns a (used to be) always full a AirBNB is in a bad spot. He rents it from the owner for 4K a month and runs his boutique AirBN out of it. But nobody's booking.

Then he waits tables at a swank place and routinely makes very good pay there--enough income to live off of alone, but now is sh!t out of luck--they're closing for an undetermined length of time.

He asked if he could crash at our house, when push comes to shove....

That it was a miracle that as hard as he tried as a hell raising teen, to break my wife and I up, but couldn't, isn't lost on me.

Meanwhile my wife's all about helping him with food, with him moving back home with us, with his bills, etc.

Amazing woman. "Family stays together, helps each other" she says. Most USA born step mothers would've poisoned his food 15 years ago....

My wife, him and my lazy, 'Do what I please, when I please' self,  are about to experience change--change that's going to require ongoing adjustments, to put it mildly

As I predicted  weeks ago, this isn't gonna be easy, it's only going to get harder, and it isn't going away anytime soon.

Trump said we might see some return to normalcy by July or August.

I'm afraid he's being a bit optimistic....

--- End quote ---
Well, I think your son has a chance to behave better this time around...
I'm working from home with my little ones who are out of school till April 7...definitely an adjustment.  Thank goodness for NFL free agency distracting me from this crisis...

robert angel:

--- Quote from: mambocowboy on March 16, 2020, 06:42:47 PM ---Well, I think your son has a chance to behave better this time around...
I'm working from home with my little ones who are out of school till April 7...definitely an adjustment.  Thank goodness for NFL free agency distracting me from this crisis...

--- End quote ---

Thanks, Mambo. I need to quit pissing and moaning. No need to throw myself a pity party--that only makes it worse. I need to suck it up. I'm--WE'RE not sick, in pain, broke or homeless.

It actually could be a lot worse.

robert angel:

--- Quote from: robert angel on March 16, 2020, 07:01:37 PM ---Thanks, Mambo. I need to quit pissing and moaning. No need to throw myself a pity party--that only makes it worse. I need to suck it up. I'm--WE'RE not sick, in pain, broke or homeless.

It actually could be a lot worse.

--- End quote ---

And out of all this, maybe it's the time and opportunity for not just democrats or republicans, not just for US citizens, but for EVERYONE--ALL ages, citizens, races and religions to actively cooperate on something for once in history.

I don't recall anything in history that got the whole world working together to defeat something. Thankfully that spirit is good-positive-cooperative.

How is S. American life out on the streets---are they shutting down restaurants for two weeks like here?

robert angel:

--- Quote from: robert angel on March 17, 2020, 10:32:07 AM ---

How is S. American life out on the streets---are they shutting down restaurants for two weeks like here?

--- End quote ---

So, I guess it's like the tv show, The Twighlight Zone" and you're all dead already, or otherwise, everything's  OK...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version