It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Aloha from Dallas!  (Read 8923 times)

Offline Crum1515

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Aloha from Dallas!
« on: November 08, 2013, 06:11:11 PM »
Hello everyone, I have been a light browser for a while now, just now deciding to take the step from dabble to serious pursuit.  I am 30 and living in Dallas working as a network engineer.  Fortunately I am not a Dallas native, I hail from the great land of Seattle (GO HAWKS!).
I have lived all over the world, and in my travels fell in love with the Asian culture as a whole, and travel to Philippines and China for pleasure every once in a great while.  I have nothing but time on my hands and hope to meet, court, and marry a wonderful woman.
I see that this site is not super active but none the less I have found so much great information ranging from inspiring stories to great tips and advice.  Thanks you in advance for everything!

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Aloha from Dallas!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 09:37:14 AM »
Hello everyone, I have been a light browser for a while now, just now deciding to take the step from dabble to serious pursuit.  I am 30 and living in Dallas working as a network engineer.  Fortunately I am not a Dallas native, I hail from the great land of Seattle (GO HAWKS!).
I have lived all over the world, and in my travels fell in love with the Asian culture as a whole, and travel to Philippines and China for pleasure every once in a great while.  I have nothing but time on my hands and hope to meet, court, and marry a wonderful woman.
I see that this site is not super active but none the less I have found so much great information ranging from inspiring stories to great tips and advice.  Thanks you in advance for everything!

Hey Crum!

Glad you finally jumped in the water! That said, age 30 is a great age to be searching as it's an age that a lot of women (and their family) will assume a guy's ready to settle down a bit, has a decent job and is a 'catch'. The world can be yours!

You on some dating spots?
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 11:43:58 AM »
Welcome, Crum.  I've spent some time in both Dallas and Seattle, and I can understand your preference for Asia when looking for a life partner.  You've come to the right place.  Yeah, the Asian board here is usually pretty quiet.  Most of the chatter is on the Latin side.  But often rules and advice for one can apply to both.  Definitely delve into the archives.  Lots of stories and helpful advice.  And stick around.  Let us know how your search goes.  What is your mindset on how you'll settle on a particular country.  Guys here are married to women from all over, so whichever you chose for whatever reason, we have someone who can give you some helpful pointers.
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 11:43:58 AM »

Offline Crum1515

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 12:02:20 PM »

You on some dating spots?

The only site I am on at this time is DateInAsia.com - been a few days and the messages and such are pouring in, just taking my time and being smart haha.  Already had someone ask me for money.  You have any other social networking or dating venues that you recommend?

Thank you for the welcome!

Offline Crum1515

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 12:04:55 PM »
Welcome, Crum.  I've spent some time in both Dallas and Seattle, and I can understand your preference for Asia when looking for a life partner.  You've come to the right place.  Yeah, the Asian board here is usually pretty quiet.  Most of the chatter is on the Latin side.  But often rules and advice for one can apply to both.  Definitely delve into the archives.  Lots of stories and helpful advice.  And stick around.  Let us know how your search goes.  What is your mindset on how you'll settle on a particular country.  Guys here are married to women from all over, so whichever you chose for whatever reason, we have someone who can give you some helpful pointers.
Thanks!  I will definitely keep digging around here and slowly assimilate myself into the community.  I think I have kind of narrowed my scope down to China or Philippines.  My experience with both those cultures has been amazing, though I haven't ruled anything yet.

Offline Tanuki

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 09:57:31 PM »
Crum - Wish you the best of luck with the search.  I also used DateInAsia to find the woman I am now married too.  Just got to take it easy and don't just jump for the eye candy! 

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 10:55:29 PM »

The only site I am on at this time is DateInAsia.com - been a few days and the messages and such are pouring in, just taking my time and being smart haha.  Already had someone ask me for money.  You have any other social networking or dating venues that you recommend?

Thank you for the welcome!

Just came across this list, which includes some reviews. Not really sure how objective the reviews are, if they're driven by shall we say 'cash incentives' or what.

http://filipino-dating-websites.no1reviews.com/

Filipinacupid.com (they have similar 'cupid' operations in other parts of the world) and Cherryblossoms.com are probably the biggest and most well known.

With 'big', it can get a little mind blowing, especially at first, as in many cases hundreds of women, many of them very pretty, are contacting you--really pursuing you. It can go to a guy's head pretty fast, causing a guy to focus more on just how pretty, how 'hot' the gal's profile pictures are. In doing so, you can miss out on women who might only post one photo, and maybe that picture/s really aren't of high quality. Some choose not to have a picture at all.

So in other words, it's easy to get blinded by beauty and miss out on some real quality ladies. I was introduced to my Filipina wife by another Filipina,who was living in Vermont. She sent me some pictures and they weren't flattering, but we started chatting anyway. Then I saw her on cam I thought "OMG--too young, too cute---no way!" Then I realized she actually is one of those people, who besides being slim and petite, has genetics that make her look about half her actual age and yet she was (is) quite mature and not some vain, light weight cutie pie. So initial impressions can be deceiving--for good and bad alike.

Some of the sites have features that let you separate the newest profiles from the rest and sometimes that can help you find a really nice girl before some other guys latch onto her.

But once again, it can get overwhelming and can 'go to you head' pretty easily, as a lot of what seem like 'perfect tens' are declaring you as their 'favorite' and maybe even giving you an inflated idea of just how great a catch you are, so try not to get overwhelmed!

You can also Google to look for free websites for meeting Filipinas and I've heard some positive things about some of them. I Googled 'Best free Filipina personal ad sites' and this is what I got: >>About 2,850,000 results (0.36 seconds)<<

As you might gather, while it can be a lot of fun overall and hopefully rewarding in the end, there's a lot of separating the 'wheat from the chafe' so to speak, in the process!

Offline Crum1515

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2013, 09:43:02 AM »
Crum - Wish you the best of luck with the search.  I also used DateInAsia to find the woman I am now married too.  Just got to take it easy and don't just jump for the eye candy!
I am really liking DateInAsia - the amount of outreach to me has been astounding.  About 99% of them I just delete though for various red flag reasons.  Thanks for the encouragement!

Offline Crum1515

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2013, 09:45:45 AM »

With 'big', it can get a little mind blowing, especially at first, as in many cases hundreds of women, many of them very pretty, are contacting you--really pursuing you. It can go to a guy's head pretty fast, causing a guy to focus more on just how pretty, how 'hot' the gal's profile pictures are. In doing so, you can miss out on women who might only post one photo, and maybe that picture/s really aren't of high quality. Some choose not to have a picture at all.

So in other words, it's easy to get blinded by beauty and miss out on some real quality ladies. I was introduced to my Filipina wife by another Filipina,who was living in Vermont. She sent me some pictures and they weren't flattering, but we started chatting anyway. Then I saw her on cam I thought "OMG--too young, too cute---no way!" Then I realized she actually is one of those people, who besides being slim and petite, has genetics that make her look about half her actual age and yet she was (is) quite mature and not some vain, light weight cutie pie. So initial impressions can be deceiving--for good and bad alike.

But once again, it can get overwhelming and can 'go to you head' pretty easily, as a lot of what seem like 'perfect tens' are declaring you as their 'favorite' and maybe even giving you an inflated idea of just how great a catch you are, so try not to get overwhelmed!

As you might gather, while it can be a lot of fun overall and hopefully rewarding in the end, there's a lot of separating the 'wheat from the chafe' so to speak, in the process!
Yeah, I am vary careful about not being blinded by the glamour haha.  Thank you for the tips and insight.  I am committed to the long slow win, not going to jump onto the first girl so to speak haha... unless she's the one.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 08:07:16 PM »

Heyo Crum,
Narrowing down the field of prospects yet? Maybe you're just 'dabbling'--getting your feet wet and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

But if you're entering the 'process of elimination' and thinking of who to see live and where to visit, once you get below 30 women , you're getting somewhere. At twenty, it's still pretty hairy juggling time, web cams and such--pretty shallow really. Get to ten and each one becomes more in depth and intense. Thereabouts, you really have to look long and hard, trying not to let looks alone be the primary deciding factor. You get down to five and they typically each know they're in the 'final five' and some may issue you ultimatums that you 'commit or desist'.

Oh, the agony and the ecstasy!! :D

Offline kai #2

• The Traveling Swordsman
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2013, 04:31:58 PM »
Hey, I'm also 31 living in Far North Dallas and I'm a software Developer. What part do yo live?

Offline Crum1515

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2013, 06:48:30 PM »
Hey, I'm also 31 living in Far North Dallas and I'm a software Developer. What part do yo live?
I live technically in Wylie, but I am right on the border between Wylie and Sachse.  I think the development I am in is called like Woodbridge or something.

Offline Crum1515

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2013, 06:51:16 PM »

Heyo Crum,
Narrowing down the field of prospects yet? Maybe you're just 'dabbling'--getting your feet wet and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

But if you're entering the 'process of elimination' and thinking of who to see live and where to visit, once you get below 30 women , you're getting somewhere. At twenty, it's still pretty hairy juggling time, web cams and such--pretty shallow really. Get to ten and each one becomes more in depth and intense. Thereabouts, you really have to look long and hard, trying not to let looks alone be the primary deciding factor. You get down to five and they typically each know they're in the 'final five' and some may issue you ultimatums that you 'commit or desist'.

Oh, the agony and the ecstasy!! :D

I am certainly trying to get a list together haha, but they seem to be scratched off as fast as I add them on.  Have a few girls I talk to regularly in the Philippines, and one in China; so that puts the short list at about 4 right now.  There seems to be a lot of scams and "marry me and get me out of here now" going on.
I couldn't imagine juggling 20 haha, I am finding it taxing trying to make time for 4+ now.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2013, 06:51:16 PM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2013, 07:40:51 PM »
Once you get down to a handful of women to whom you're trying to decide about investing time, money and even your LIFE into, it can get real intense. That is at least if you're serious about it. No pain, no gain, same with risk and somewhere, somehow, inevitably people will get hurt, even heart broken.

There's an old song that says 'There's a broken heart for every light on Broadway", but in this age of the internet and international travel, I think there's a broken heart for every light in all of NYC!

There's a broken heart for ev'ry light on Broadway, A million tears for every gleam, they say, Those lights, above you, think nothing of you, It's those who love you that have to pay. There's a sorrow lurking in each gloomy shadow, And sorrow comes to ev'ryone some day, ‘Twill come to our brothers, But think of the mothers with broken hearts for each light on Broadway .Second verseThere's broken-hearted husbands, and there's broken-hearted wives, And broken-hearted sweethearts who must now lead double lives; And there's the boy and girl who thought ‘twas right to take a chance, And they all must pay the fiddler, if they dance :
Fred Fisher, 1915

Offline Crum1515

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2013, 08:47:21 AM »
I couldn't agree with you more Robert!  Luckily I am pending a career change that will let me work remotely from anywhere so long as I have an internet connection, and this will make the trips over to visit and meet these lovely ladies so much less stressful.  I am pretty excited though.  Final opened up my search criteria a bit and now have to work down from the list of about 50 I am conversing with...

Seems like all my free time is spent chatting with these wonderful ladies haha!

Offline michaelb

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2013, 06:01:36 PM »
Kai and Crum--I live in Dallas city, Denton county and Carrollton/FB school district....so you two should be able to figure out within a block or two of where I am, ha ha.

Offline kai #2

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2013, 12:06:29 PM »
Kai and Crum--I live in Dallas city, Denton county and Carrollton/FB school district....so you two should be able to figure out within a block or two of where I am, ha ha.

I don't know anything about school distrincts but I think we live close by. I'm live in Dallas, Denton County. Midway and Tollway roughly

Offline michaelb

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2013, 12:41:48 PM »
Yeah, looks like we're within a couple of blocks of each other.

Offline Crum1515

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2013, 04:12:55 PM »
Haha!  I work in Carrolton.  On Keller Springs, in between midway and marsh.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2013, 05:41:03 PM »
Sounds like maybe you guys should open an Asian restaurant, a grocery or at least a sari sari together, being so close to one another! ;D

Offline Carson007

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2016, 01:38:07 PM »
Hey MichaelB, Crum, and Kai...I'm also in the area.  I live in the Las Colinas and Valley Ranch area.  Would love to meet and chat you all up to learn more.  I'm single again and ready to move forward in my search.

I think Kai and Crum are in my age range as well..what about you MichaelB?

Offline kai #2

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2016, 06:53:35 AM »
Hey MichaelB, Crum, and Kai...I'm also in the area.  I live in the Las Colinas and Valley Ranch area.  Would love to meet and chat you all up to learn more.  I'm single again and ready to move forward in my search.

I think Kai and Crum are in my age range as well..what about you MichaelB?

Yep, I'm 33 living in Far North Dallas / Addison

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5873
Latest: zeggers
New This Month: 2
New This Week: 1
New Today: 1
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864