It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Is filipinocupid.com worth it?  (Read 19446 times)

Offline SoWell

• Probie
Is filipinocupid.com worth it?
« on: February 21, 2011, 02:27:08 AM »
Hi guys

I set up a free account but found out quickly that without a paid account going on the website was pointless unless you like looking at pictures...

I'd like to get a general consensus of what paying member's think of the website, also are most of the profiles on there real or are a small percentage of them fake?

Offline AndyLee

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Is filipinocupid.com worth it?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 04:58:44 AM »
I signed up for the free account, too, which enables you to search profiles to judge the percentage you find attractive. Then you can decide if there are enough attractive profiles to justify the expense of becoming a full member.
I was searching in the 40 plus range and quite frankly I could not find enough attractive 40 or older women to make it worth my while to join. I did get several interests from good looking younger women but they were probably just looking for someone to send them gifts.
As for scammers, there are scammers on every Internet list, you can quickly weed them out because they will ask for money or hint that they need money for something, or have an emergency can you please help them out. There is no way to weed out scammers, even the best sites have a problem with it. All the Cupid sites to my knowledge are managed the best they can, once they recognize a scammer they delete their account, but a determined scammer will be back on line a few minutes later with a new profile.
In the end it's up to the reader to determine if someone is a scammer and decide to communicate with them or not.
That's just my take on it, free advice is worth what it costs, ya? :-\
If you are unhappy change something. Quit your job. Move. Leave your miserable relationship. Stop making excuses. You are in control.

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 10:52:33 AM »
TheCharlieOwl

True!   But FREE sites also attract scammers (ladies) and game players (men) unfortunately.  After all, what do we expect from FREE sites! lol

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 10:52:33 AM »

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 11:08:54 AM »
Hi guys

I set up a free account but found out quickly that without a paid account going on the website was pointless unless you like looking at pictures...

I'd like to get a general consensus of what paying member's think of the website, also are most of the profiles on there real or are a small percentage of them fake?

Welcome SoWell.   filipinocupid.com is from the same company as ColombianCupid and this is where I met my lady.

Offline euforia51

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 11:46:42 AM »
True!   But FREE sites also attract scammers (ladies) and game players (men) unfortunately.  After all, what do we expect from FREE sites! lol
I'll tell you what you can also expect from a free site ... a beautiful woman like the one I'm in a relationship with.

Offline thekfc

• No man was ever wise by chance. Seneca
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 12:01:22 PM »
I'll tell you what you can also expect from a free site ... a beautiful woman like the one I'm in a relationship with.
If we were all forced to wear a warning label, what would yours say?

Offline euforia51

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 12:19:55 PM »
Dayum KFC ... LMAO ... where are you buying your feed for your emoticons?

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 12:28:04 PM »

You aren't the only 1.....  read my next posting!

Offline z_k_g

• Gimingaw ko sa akong uyab!
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 09:27:57 PM »
Hi guys

SoWell,

I would NEVER EVER pay one red cent!

The sites are all the same with pretty much the same women...and GUESS WHAT?

All the hot women get gazillions of emails and chat requests!!

So...why pay?

Go to www.dateinasia.com or www.tagged.com and you will get thousands of hot pinays waiting for you! 

Get a yahoo messenger account and go at it!!  Its all Free!

There are plenty of quality pinays on the free sites, but.....you will also get ladyboys, scammers, fakes, bar girls and just plain losers, but you'll get the same if you come out of your pocket with your CASH on the paid sites!

Date in Asia and Tagged dude!

Free, fun and effective!

Zulu
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline piglett

• your porkness
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 10:49:58 PM »
Hi guys

I found my wife on FilippinaHeart which is now filippinaCupid
not exactly sure why they changed their name but the site is exactly as it was when i used it. I signed up for a membership for a few months.
i found that the girls that wanted to live chat with me were more often than not scammers. most but not all "good girls" want the man to make the 1st move.

good luck & welcome to PL
piglett
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Offline hasv2000

• Probie
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2012, 10:07:24 PM »
I  found a very easy way to spot a fake one is to be added to their facebook. if they say they dont have one its a fake profile.

Offline Tanuki

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2012, 08:34:17 AM »
Hmmm...  Might be effective.  However, for those that do accept, I am not sure I would want strangers on my facebook page until we established a very good relationship. 

Offline Jhengsman

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2012, 08:54:00 AM »
People thought I was crazy a couple of years ago when I said you need to see their facebook to see if someone was real, with real relatives, real friends and real classmates instead of just seeing a ladyboy's/scammer/etc.. glamour profile. Now in the news are stories of human resources people demanding that people have open up their facebook so the investigator/employer can take a peak at job applicants "real" attitudes. If you are looking for a mate online then there should be a bigger online presence then just what a commercial dating site lets you see.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2012, 08:54:00 AM »

Offline thekfc

• No man was ever wise by chance. Seneca
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2012, 09:33:23 AM »
I  found a very easy way to spot a fake one is to be added to their facebook. if they say they dont have one its a fake profile.
Not necessarily - not everyone is on facebook, plus see below.

Hmmm...  Might be effective.  However, for those that do accept, I am not sure I would want strangers on my facebook page until we established a very good relationship. 

+1 on that.

It would be good to see someone's fb page but at the same time precaution have to be taken as there are a lot of creeps, weirdos, freaks, scums, nutcases, screwballs & basement dwellers out there who.......(you know the rest). ::)

If we were all forced to wear a warning label, what would yours say?

Offline Ray

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2012, 09:44:13 AM »
Now in the news are stories of human resources people demanding that people have open up their facebook so the investigator/employer can take a peak at job applicants "real" attitudes.

All the more reason not to be on facebutt.

Your personal life, family, and friends are absolutely no business of some nosey potential or current employer. If the terms of employment require you to have an open facebutt page, then tell that employer to go pound sand.

Ray

Offline Jhengsman

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2012, 06:10:24 PM »

All the more reason not to be on facebutt.

Your personal life, family, and friends are absolutely no business of some nosey potential or current employer. If the terms of employment require you to have an open facebutt page, then tell that employer to go pound sand.

Ray

Unfortunately the old days of the internet with BBSs,  avatars and user names are coming to an end. As we see with less traffic on message boards like this one as more and more people spend their time on twitter and facebook. Even on sites that still use names and avatars you are seeing more people posting their real names and photos all over the open sites. If you visit any news or even commercial site and try to leave a message they almost demand you sign in with your facebook ID and then try to use you as part of their marketing scheme with a "like" sign up, or whatever the terminology is. I have heard that google + is even trying to clear their site of the user names and will only allow you to stay if you use true information on a single account. I still think that if she is on a dating site and not on facebook or any of their competitors to keep track of relatives and classmates who are OFWs or moved away from home for any reason then something is wrong

Offline donwells

• Probie
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2017, 06:41:50 AM »
Hi,

I know it is bit old but I would like your opinion. I am planning to buy paid membership of filipinocupid and I am already member of similar kind of dating site. Question is filipinocupid is real and girls over there are real?

thanks in advance
Don Wells
my personal filipino cupid review and result.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2017, 08:07:33 AM »
I would say "Yes", but it's a numbers game and most of the numbers aren't good. You have to choose carefully. Be methodical, take notes. See who's true and consistent in responding,  versus who seems pretty, but a bit flaky. Don't be the dummy who'll accept crap get on some wanna be princess, just because she looks oh so hot.

You can click on an area and get only "new members" and or photos, but they could be putting up new, even duplicate profiles. But it boils down to putting in the time and getting past the "learning curve. There are sooo many women,  many of them very young and pretty, many, who like the guys, running ego games and outright scams.

But it's weird---my wife's sister is a beautiful, college graduate, working as an RN. No kids, no baggage, sweet and not remotely bitchy and with attractive profile pics, still doesn't get hits on Filipino Cupid. She looks great, a polo shirt in each shot, an athletic hat, maybe guys go more after half naked undereducated women, trying to get free cam shows. As bad as the situation might seem with a lot of the ladies, the guys they have to choose from are generally worse. That dynamic feeds each other learning scams and such.

But there obviously some great women on there. You just have to sort the 'wheat from the chaffe'. Unless you have or try to foster connections in the Filipino community, what other venues do you have? It's  a helluva a lot cheaper than buying a ticket and flying over there cold turkey.

If nothing else, spend a while on Cupid and cherry blossoms and make some contacts to meet over there to go out to eat with, maybe tour you around. Have a great vacation and learn first hand about the culture and what you might be getting into. It's been great for me . I've worked the sites, made one woman one trips that were unsuccessful, had personal introductions,  don't regret any of it.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5874
Latest: BillyGeots
New This Month: 3
New This Week: 2
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 331