It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Changes are Coming!  (Read 13698 times)

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Changes are Coming!
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2011, 11:39:39 PM »

Hey Dewed,

I was just curious about your handle. Do you pronounce that like "Dude"?

Or is there some other special significance?   ;D

Ray

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • Russian Women Discussion
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2011, 10:41:17 AM »
Some of you may have noticed that the 'Quick Login' now forwards you to the full login page. This was one of several new security features incorporated into the site and now requires a stricter form of verification. At most, this should add only a couple of seconds to your login time - and that, only once in a great while depending on the length of time you tell the system to keep you logged in.

Just FYI

- Dan

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2011, 04:42:13 PM »
Some of you may have noticed that the 'Quick Login' now forwards you to the full login page. This was one of several new security features incorporated into the site and now requires a stricter form of verification. At most, this should add only a couple of seconds to your login time - and that, only once in a great while depending on the length of time you tell the system to keep you logged in.

Just FYI

- Dan
Hey Dan!

I was just going to ask if this was a permanent feature.    I have to do 2 simple math problems and also type in those 6 letters each time I log in.  It is a bit of a pain, but I suppose you have good reason for having it there.

Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2011, 04:42:13 PM »

Offline Dewed

• Administrator
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2011, 04:54:04 PM »
You should not have to log in every time you visit the site. There really is no reason to log out, unless of course you suspect someone will access your computer and use your account without your knowledge.

Yes, Dewed rhymes with food. I'm originally from the Pacific Northwest where it rains 364 days a year.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2011, 04:55:17 PM »
Hey Dan!

I was just going to ask if this was a permanent feature.    I have to do 2 simple math problems and also type in those 6 letters each time I log in.  It is a bit of a pain, but I suppose you have good reason for having it there.

Fathertime!

Yes - but you can set the amount of time the system keeps track of your login, and unless you explicitly log out, you will NOT have to login again during that period.

- Dan

Offline Dewed

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2011, 06:35:05 PM »
FYI, you will now find a "Chat" option in the top menu.   Enjoy.
Yes, Dewed rhymes with food. I'm originally from the Pacific Northwest where it rains 364 days a year.

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2011, 08:47:03 AM »
looks good so far

Offline Dewed

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2011, 01:58:28 AM »
The Gallery has been converted. Members that have posted pictures previsouly may want to review the categories that their pcitures are in and possibly edit them, assiging them to a more appropriate category.

Offline pchip

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2011, 07:57:20 AM »
Oh and also in relationship status, maybe adding something between looking and committed (committed means engaged no?) because when I was in a relationship I had to change to "no selection" since I was no longer looking but I wasn't engaged either, something like "in a relationship" or "not looking"

Dan, Dewed and all the others in the background

First off, tkx for the upgrade, it changed the site and I think much for the better. Second, I think IV's comment is right on. Something's needs to be between no selection and committed.  "In a relationship" would be best.  Also would be good to add "Not Looking"...

Finally, any way to put the ignore button back?  Can't stand colcorazon anymore...

Tkx a mil again!!

Cheers

Offline AndyLee

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2011, 08:36:16 AM »
Yes, the ignore button was a great option for squelching trolls like Colcorazon.

Also, when I open the site there is a Darth Vader style black drop down on the upper right that blocks half the screen, it appears and disappears in a scroll fashion that is ugly and distracting, it is white type on black background which is the absolute hardest combination to read. What is it's purpose and how can I block it so I don't get annoyed evertime it scrolls in and then scrolls out....if it stayed put long enough for me to actually read it then it might make sense but as it is it's just a nuisance (sort of like Colcorazon).
If you are unhappy change something. Quit your job. Move. Leave your miserable relationship. Stop making excuses. You are in control.

Offline InnocentVixen

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2011, 12:12:25 PM »
Finally, any way to put the ignore button back?

I never used the ignore button but understand why some people might want to use it, may I suggest that it gives you a warning when you use it though? I clicked on it a couple of times in the past by mistake while scrolling down and after I noticed the first time I would find myself checking my block list often to make sure I had not done it again.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2011, 10:16:40 PM »
Yes, the ignore button was a great option for squelching trolls like Colcorazon.

Also, when I open the site there is a Darth Vader style black drop down on the upper right that blocks half the screen, it appears and disappears in a scroll fashion that is ugly and distracting, it is white type on black background which is the absolute hardest combination to read. What is it's purpose and how can I block it so I don't get annoyed evertime it scrolls in and then scrolls out....if it stayed put long enough for me to actually read it then it might make sense but as it is it's just a nuisance (sort of like Colcorazon).

You have an Ignore feature - just spend a few minutes looking around the settings in your 'Profile'.

- Dan

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864