Forum > Article Submissions

Finding a wife through an agency.

<< < (2/4) > >>

Capstone:
A agree with Dave, a K-1 should never be used or looked upon as a 90 day trial period - that is not or never has been its intent/purpose. A much better rule to follow is NEVER file a K-1 petition for someone until you are absolutely sure that they are the one person whom you want to spend the rest of your life with. I believe a person would be much better served by this rule than to try and use a K-1 as some sort of trial period.

Not to mention if you did take the full 90 days or even close to it then your fiancée would no longer be able to receive a SSN until after AOS is complete - as the SSA will not issue a SSN to a K-1 who has 14 or less days of validity remaining on their I-94.

EDIT: This is assuming of course that you would want to wait until you knew for certain that you were actually going to get married before getting the fiancée a SSN as she could get one before you actually get married (but of course why bother to get a SSN for someone if you weren't sure if you really wanted to marry them or not).

masonb:
Hey guys,

Let me rephrase the 90 trial period so that you can fully understand what I'm trying to say.  I agree with what you all are saying in regards to this.  90 day trial period maybe was the wrong title for this section.  If you read that paragraph I'm simply stating that there are certain things you should do in order to make the transition comfortable for your foreign lady.  This is basically to ensure that within the 90 days your foreign lady is 100% willing and ready to marry you.  Obviously it isn't like buying merchandise.  I called it the 90 day trial period because those 90 days are crucial in providing your fiancee with enough support to make her feel comfortable with the transition.  Its more like a 90 day trial period for HER not YOU.  You are right that when you fill out the K-1 visa you should be ready to marry, however it can be pretty overwhelming for your woman and following these steps will ensure a smoother transition for everyone so that she doesn't feel like she is making a mistake by moving to the states.  In Bud Patterson's "Foreign Bride 101" he states that his wife was extremely on edge for a while when she first moved to the states with him and he couldn't understand that it wasn't his wrong doing but her being worried that something might go sour.  This is what compelled me to mention this transitional period.

As far as all posts in regards to AFA doing business illegally all I can say is that AFA is 100% positive that everything is legally operated and accounted for in PI.  AFA has been confidently operating in PI for 4 years and I personally doubt that they would risk legal repricussions to hold tours in one location.  AFA runs so many tours to so many places it just wouldn't make any sense to illegally operate anywhere.  I know a lot of you want some actual proof and I can understand that.  Unfortunately I am unable to provide this information/documentation.  In my other posts I stated that there are a few ways you could go about finding out if what I'm saying is true and genuine.  I apologize for not being able to provide this information but there really is nothing I can do to set your minds at ease except for the suggestions I've already made.  If you don't want to look into it further on your own accord than I really don't know what else to tell you.

Ray:

--- Quote from: masonb on August 21, 2009, 04:45:00 PM ---
As far as all posts in regards to AFA doing business illegally all I can say is that AFA is 100% positive that everything is legally operated and accounted for in PI.  AFA has been confidently operating in PI for 4 years and I personally doubt that they would risk legal repricussions to hold tours in one location.

I know a lot of you want some actual proof and I can understand that.  Unfortunately I am unable to provide this information/documentation.  In my other posts I stated that there are a few ways you could go about finding out if what I'm saying is true and genuine.  I apologize for not being able to provide this information but there really is nothing I can do to set your minds at ease except for the suggestions I've already made.  If you don't want to look into it further on your own accord than I really don't know what else to tell you.

--- End quote ---

You are nothing but a lying shill for AFA!

Either provide the proof or STFU!

All this stupid nonsense about AFA being sanctioned by the Philippine Government is just a bunch of bull shyt!

Now either provide the proof or stick it shill! We're tired of your BS!

Ray

Capstone:

--- Quote from: masonb on August 21, 2009, 04:45:00 PM --- In Bud Patterson's "Foreign Bride 101" he states that his wife was extremely on edge for a while when she first moved to the states with him and he couldn't understand that it wasn't his wrong doing but her being worried that something might go sour.  This is what compelled me to mention this transitional period.

--- End quote ---
Wow next this guy will start quoting King Dphax from his award winning and best selling "Survival Guide for Single Men". ;D

Dave H:

--- Quote from: Capstone on August 21, 2009, 07:29:28 PM ---Wow next this guy will start quoting King Dphax from his award winning and best selling "Survival Guide for Single Men". ;D

--- End quote ---

Hey Capstone,

Maybe he/she gets a bonus for each of Bud Patterson's books sold. Bud is listed as the AFA "Sales Manager," one of masonb's bosses.

Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version