It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Hello...what is the best place for me to go?  (Read 6840 times)

Offline Happydude

• Probie
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Hello...what is the best place for me to go?
« on: May 08, 2013, 08:09:23 AM »
Hello to everyone on the forum.  I am new member here.  I am looking for a serious relationship.  I have come back from a trip to Ukraine but felt it was not for me.  I am considering trying to find a relationship in Latin America.  I am of Indian (East Indian not Native American) background, late 30s, grew up in the United States and know basic Spanish.  I can learn Portuguese if I need to.  What would be the best place for me to search?  I want to find someone in her late 20s to early 30s...I have only traveled to Mexico and not other parts of South America.  Where would the women be most open to dating someone from a different cultural and ethnic background.  Thanks for your help and advice.

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Hello...what is the best place for me to go?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 08:47:53 AM »
Hello to everyone on the forum.  I am new member here.  I am looking for a serious relationship.  I have come back from a trip to Ukraine but felt it was not for me.  I am considering trying to find a relationship in Latin America.  I am of Indian (East Indian not Native American) background, late 30s, grew up in the United States and know basic Spanish.  I can learn Portuguese if I need to.  What would be the best place for me to search?  I want to find someone in her late 20s to early 30s...I have only traveled to Mexico and not other parts of South America.  Where would the women be most open to dating someone from a different cultural and ethnic background.  Thanks for your help and advice.

Come to Brazil. There's only about 2000 East Indians living in Sao Paulo and Rio but a lot of them are small business owners. The only cleaners I trust with my suits in Rio is owned by a man from India that's married to a really good looking Brazilian Woman from Minas Gerais. I've seen some other Indian guys on the beach with some really nice looking Brasileras. I'm not sure if they were tourist and it was a pay-for-play kind of thing, but I was definitley a little envious either way. LOL!!!  ;D  Believe it or not there are about a dozen Indian Restaurants in Sao Paulo.

Colombia is an awesome place to wife hunt but the general population is sometimes extremely ignorant when it comes to different races. Stereotypes prevail as truth, and most Colombians allow the entertainment industry to influence how they perceive cultures outside of their own. For example, I can guarantee you that as soon as you tell a Colombiana you're Eastern Indian, she will assume you're exactly like Raj Koothrappali from the Big Bang Theory. Brazil has a much more globally integrated culture...in the big cities at least. Mexico and Peru would probably hold some promise for you as well.

There was an Asian Gentleman (I believe he was Korean) posting here a while back that was hellbent on going to Barranquilla to try and date Colombianas. I exchanged a few PM's with him and I advised against it, suggesting Sao Paulo instead. I've seen Asian Guys that were interested in using Jamie's services in the past and they had absolutely no luck from what I remember. I may be wrong though. I'll ask Jamie again when I see him.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 08:58:12 AM by benjio »

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 05:41:19 PM »

Come to Brazil. There's only about 2000 East Indians living in Sao Paulo and Rio but a lot of them are small business owners. The only cleaners I trust with my suits in Rio is owned by a man from India that's married to a really good looking Brazilian Woman from Minas Gerais. I've seen some other Indian guys on the beach with some really nice looking Brasileras. I'm not sure if they were tourist and it was a pay-for-play kind of thing, but I was definitley a little envious either way. LOL!!!  ;D  Believe it or not there are about a dozen Indian Restaurants in Sao Paulo.

Colombia is an awesome place to wife hunt but the general population is sometimes extremely ignorant when it comes to different races. Stereotypes prevail as truth, and most Colombians allow the entertainment industry to influence how they perceive cultures outside of their own. For example, I can guarantee you that as soon as you tell a Colombiana you're Eastern Indian, she will assume you're exactly like Raj Koothrappali from the Big Bang Theory. Brazil has a much more globally integrated culture...in the big cities at least. Mexico and Peru would probably hold some promise for you as well.

There was an Asian Gentleman (I believe he was Korean) posting here a while back that was hellbent on going to Barranquilla to try and date Colombianas. I exchanged a few PM's with him and I advised against it, suggesting Sao Paulo instead. I've seen Asian Guys that were interested in using Jamie's services in the past and they had absolutely no luck from what I remember. I may be wrong though. I'll ask Jamie again when I see him.

The Barranquillera's ideal male makes no room for Asian guys. They call them "chinos." You could put a butt ugly white guy next to a good looking Asian and they'd probably choose the ugly white guy. They also tend to discriminate against darker skinned people. The reasons why are beyond me but the prejudices seem to exist in Barranquilla.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 05:41:19 PM »

Offline htown

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 11:34:26 AM »
French Guiana
Dance with the one who brung ya!  :)

Offline Happydude

• Probie
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 02:14:18 PM »
Thanks I will try Brazil...and maybe also contact Jamie and see what he has to say.  I know a couple of Indian guys who have married Columbians...but there are always exceptions!

Offline aumaip81

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 02:50:37 PM »
Hi Happy dude,
I am also of East Asian background, but born in the UK. It depends on your taste in women. Brazil and Colombia are my two top choices. Since you already know spanish, colombia seems logical. I think you will have some luck in which ever country you go.
I agree latinas seem to have stereotypes for indian men. But some of them also find our culture and traditions interesting.  They are very interested in Indian fashion.  We are something a little different and can be intriguing if you play your hand right. We have very similar family values to latinas. Also certain latinas can pass for an Indian girl. A very attractive one.
The big advantage you have is that the visa will be less of an issue when it comes to marriage. However, how your family react is a different story!!!
Good luck!!!

Offline drell283

• Spouse's Country: Peru
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 08:09:49 PM »
I'm currently in a relationship with a Peruvian girl and have been to see her 5 times in Lima. If she wasn't with me, she would want to be with an Asian guy. I think that women in Peru would be accepting of you. I can't say that I have seen a lot of East Indian people there, but I know that they have people of Asian descent there. More than I saw when I was in Bogota.  Peru even had a president of Japanese ancestry before. He is in prison now, but hey, they were willing to elect him so they can't be totally opposed to non Andean people.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 08:29:01 PM »
French Guiana

Ohh--THAT French Guiana?
 I saw a movie (below)  a long time ago and bought it when it was put on DVD. While I wouldn't recommend staying at the place the actors stay at in this film, the area does have a lot of beautiful scenery, the jungle is lush, the women lovely and the beaches and ocean are nothing short of gorgeous! Looks like you can make a lot of long term friends there too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-ycRyNR5k8
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Happydude

• Probie
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 09:45:23 AM »
Aumaip,
my family's reaction is no problem...they are actually fine with me dating and marrying someone of another culture.  But I agree...lots of Latinas have a fascination with Indian clothes and I had the same experience dating Slavic women...some were just enthralled with Bollywood :-)

Offline aumaip81

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2013, 10:12:47 AM »
lots of Latinas have a fascination with Indian clothes

And they look great in the indian clothes too!!!

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2013, 06:57:23 PM »
I think your best bet is Houston, Texas.

Offline V_Man

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2013, 06:49:35 AM »
I did a pop quiz woth some Colombianas:
The verdict is that Indians smell bad.
As far as I know only one of them has actually even met an Indian. However they all know it is of course true. So it must be true.  ::)
I asked if they would like to go to India.
They all thought that would be a wonderful idea.  ???

This is Colombiana logic on certain topics for you and this is the sort of thing you would be facing.
However I have found that Colombian people will judge you for who you are more than what they assumed, once they have a chance to meet you.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2013, 07:06:01 AM »
As far as I know only one of them has actually even met an Indian. However they all know it is of course true. So it must be true.  ::)

This is Colombiana logic on certain topics for you and this is the sort of thing you would be facing.
However I have found that Colombian people will judge you for who you are more than what they assumed, once they have a chance to meet you.

Mahatma Gandhi, on being asked, “What do you think of Western civilization?,” was reported to have answered, “I think it would be a good idea”.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2013, 07:06:01 AM »

Offline Ricardo1

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2013, 05:39:55 PM »

Agree with you VM.  I would expect that to apply across the board for other countries as well - whether in Latin America, or Asia.  So you may find that the women's perception of you will be skewed (positively or negative, depending for example, as mentioned in this thread - on your ethnicity) as will their concept of life abroad (again, in a positive or negative way).   It ultimately doesn't matter too much as the ladies will be evaluating the man's personality, character, behavior more than anything else.  But then again, their preconceived notions may be reflected in their ability or willingness to adapt to life abroad.  Jaime discusses this (Colombiana) mind-set on his website, and I find it to be generally true. 

Offline htown

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2013, 11:43:43 PM »
You grew up in the united states.  That means you're a gringo.  Maybe a dark skinned gringo, but still just another gringo, and your experience will be similar to most other gringos.  The fact that you know spanish and have traveled to latin countries will be your best asset in getting what you want and cutting through all the bs that plagues those who have less familiarity with the people and culture.
Dance with the one who brung ya!  :)

Offline V_Man

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2013, 03:36:30 AM »
Htown is right. The fact you know Spanish is going to be a huge difference.

Offline Happydude

• Probie
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2013, 12:36:54 PM »
Well I learned both Spanish and Russian on my own and Spanish was much easier...almost like an Indian language  :)

Offline Gavan

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2013, 02:26:40 PM »

The Barranquillera's ideal male makes no room for Asian guys. They call them "chinos." You could put a butt ugly white guy next to a good looking Asian and they'd probably choose the ugly white guy. They also tend to discriminate against darker skinned people. The reasons why are beyond me but the prejudices seem to exist in Barranquilla.

Yeah, this seems to be the same everywhere in Latin America. A lot of Peruvian women also think "chinos" are ugly, and yeah, lighter skin and European features (especially combined with blue/green eyes) are considered ideal (although they don't like too pale either).

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5877
Latest: WilliamAlorp
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 1
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 89