Forum > Immigration and Visas

Canadian Passport

(1/4) > >>

utopiacowboy:
When I was visiting Montreal a couple of weeks ago, I got my passport photos and applied for a Canadian passport. I am a Canadian citizen although I have not lived in Canada since 1976. It just arrived FedEx today and I don't know why - it just made me so happy to have it in my hands. Hurrah for me!

robert angel:

--- Quote from: utopiacowboy on August 16, 2016, 01:47:27 PM ---When I was visiting Montreal a couple of weeks ago, I got my passport photos and applied for a Canadian passport. I am a Canadian citizen although I have not lived in Canada since 1976. It just arrived FedEx today and I don't know why - it just made me so happy to have it in my hands. Hurrah for me!

--- End quote ---

That's cool---congratulations. While you might not be planning to work there, Canada has slightly more land area than the USA, but more natural resources in a greater variety, yet only has about 35 million people. The winters can be awful and the taxes high, but we love going there--lots of room, beautiful nature all around, happening cities in places--a great vacation. There's such a variety of people from everywhere there and most of them get along quite well.

Once they get a real grip on bringing in immigrants---and they bring in a lot, and if they don't have them already, give them the right support to develop skills to help grow the economy, it has the potential to really prosper. From Vancouver to Banff, onto Toronto, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and north, it's like a sleeping bear ready to wake up and roar.

We're in no hurry to give up our USA citizenships, my wife has dual citizenship, but I can't help but remember that having Grandparents born in Ireland, I qualify for Irish citizenship.

Depending on your family bloodlines, you might be suprised how easy it is to pick up a second, even third citizenship and passport. Same in some other European countries

""""Citizenship through descent from Irish grandparents''''''

'''''If one of your grandparents is an Irish citizen who was born in Ireland, but none of your parents was born in Ireland, you may become an Irish citizen. You will need to have your birth registered in the Foreign Births Register"""

In other parts of the world, some Asian nations, as well as S. America's Paraguay and Uruguay, don't even require you have any descendants from there to get citizenship.

Personally, complain we may, but I think that overall, we have it pretty good in the USA, but that's not to say that we don't have options!

AndyLee:
congratulations Utopia.....and you too, Robert, if I were you I´d jump on that Irish thingy, wow, that would be cool to get a citizenship handed to you because of past generations.
Its a different feeling, powerful even, to have two citizenships. I just got mine here and now I´m ready to go for the third...this time in Ecuador.
I just popped back on P-L too see if inter-personal communications conditions have improved....and I see they absolutely haven´t.
When I left you guys were fighting only Awesome The Idiot.....aka Ray Jr, now I see you´re entangled with the idiot Ray and his alter-ego Fuzzyone. Two of the finest idiots to ever grace the pages of P-L. .
After glancing over a few threads I see there is absolutely nothing new on that front, they are still holding forth as if they actually had a clue what they are talking about.
What really surprises me is why Fathertime hasn´t taken it upon himself to rip this Ray Jr. guy a new ass*hole yet. Guess the old FT has lost his touch, totally unlike the persona of the guy that used to be the Sheriff of Planet-Love.
On a more enjoyable topic, I´m finally making an honest woman out of my girlfriend. We´re getting married here in Colombian today in a civil ceremony like with the Justice of the Peace. Later we´ll be going for the K-3 spousal visa in the US, but actually we plan to live in Ecuador for a few years first.

That´s actually why I popped back on here for a few minutes. I´d like to hear from other gringos who have gone through the K-3 process. Is it better or faster or easier or less expensive than the K-1? What do you think of it?
Take care y´all, and don´t let the bestards get the best of yee!

robert angel:

--- Quote from: AndyLee on August 16, 2016, 05:28:10 PM ---congratulations Utopia.....and you too, Robert, if I were you I´d jump on that Irish thingy, wow, that would be cool to get a citizenship handed to you because of past generations.
Its a different feeling, powerful even, to have two citizenships. I just got mine here and now I´m ready to go for the third...this time in Ecuador.
I just popped back on P-L too see if inter-personal communications conditions have improved....and I see they absolutely haven´t.
When I left you guys were fighting only Awesome The Idiot.....aka Ray Jr, now I see you´re entangled with the idiot Ray and his alter-ego Fuzzyone. Two of the finest idiots to ever grace the pages of P-L. .
After glancing over a few threads I see there is absolutely nothing new on that front, they are still holding forth as if they actually had a clue what they are talking about.
What really surprises me is why Fathertime hasn´t taken it upon himself to rip this Ray Jr. guy a new ass*hole yet. Guess the old FT has lost his touch, totally unlike the persona of the guy that used to be the Sheriff of Planet-Love.
On a more enjoyable topic, I´m finally making an honest woman out of my girlfriend. We´re getting married here in Colombian today in a civil ceremony like with the Justice of the Peace. Later we´ll be going for the K-3 spousal visa in the US, but actually we plan to live in Ecuador for a few years first.

That´s actually why I popped back on here for a few minutes. I´d like to hear from other gringos who have gone through the K-3 process. Is it better or faster or easier or less expensive than the K-1? What do you think of it?
Take care y´all, and don´t let the bestards get the best of yee!

--- End quote ---

Wow Andy, congratulations!! I'm kind of suprised! It's been a while, but last time I heard, the time difference between a K1 and K3, if you're looking to bring her to the USA for whatever reason, was about the same. For more current info, for 'particulars', I'd have a look around Visajourney.com.

I don't check my Yahoo email often enough, but we ought to stay in touch more there and this as good a reason to as any to do so. Salute!!!

Elexpatriado:

--- Quote from: utopiacowboy on August 16, 2016, 01:47:27 PM ---When I was visiting Montreal a couple of weeks ago, I got my passport photos and applied for a Canadian passport. I am a Canadian citizen although I have not lived in Canada since 1976. It just arrived FedEx today and I don't know why - it just made me so happy to have it in my hands. Hurrah for me!

--- End quote ---

Has this anything to do with the US federal electión and its potencial outcome?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version