It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: A rich man's endeavor ?  (Read 5098 times)

Offline RioRanger

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
A rich man's endeavor ?
« on: September 25, 2011, 05:41:39 AM »
Ok, so I have been taking the time to research as must as I can about finding a wife in BAQ. I came across a GQ magazine  while on deployment in the middle east. After reading the article I began to think about my own Latin heritage  ( puerto rican)  and how nice it would be to date and possibly marry a women that was not corrupted by American capitalism. I dated women from my my on race and can tell you there is little difference from a Puerto Rican women and any other women in the US.

Anyway, I have been reading all that I can about Jamie's site and what he has to offer. I am also aware that some on this site do not see a need to use his services, which is fine to each his own. During my reading I continuously  hear the same thing about the amount of trips one must take. I had plan on taking a trip down to visit Jamie once my leave is approved. With that being said I am very worry that I won't be able to visit a women should I find as often as some of you stated. For two reason: money being one of them, which I don't make any thing close to a six figure salary. Uncle Sam is not Bill Gates so there us only so much I can spend. The other part is with the amount of visits sine on here say is best. I know I am not able to leave for two week every 3 months due to my unit deployment status. I was thinking, not counting the first trip down there that I would  come back every 6 months  should I met that special Latina.

So, my question is should I wait to get out of the military to make the trip ( have another 2 years on my commission which would make me 37 years old when I leave) Or try and work around it. Another thing that has me somewhat nervous is what I have been reading and how the women from Columbia  find it hard to adjust to American living  and become homesick. I do not want to be on deployment only to have a dear John letter sent to me stating she left and went back home.

Any help would be nice to have on this matter.

Sua Sponte!

Offline pablito

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: A rich man's endeavor ?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 07:50:55 AM »
All I would say is that I don't know if I'd wait the two years to start your search.  Realistically, consider how long the process takes, even if you meet the girl you wind up marrying on your first trip.  The time it will take to get to know each other well enough to decide to marry, the time it takes to arrange and get married, then the time it takes to do the immigration and everything else it takes to get her home with you.  Two years for all that would be speedy, in an optimistic scenario. 

The concern I would have would relate to  your ability to maintain the long distance part of your relationship while on deployment.  If you have reasonable access to the communications equipment needed to maintain a long-distance relationship, for say at least 15 minutes or so every day or few days, it won't matter to her whether you're in the theatre or at home.  If you're going to find yourself, or may find yourself, in a position where you would be unable to maintain regular contact for large stretches of time, then I would be tempted to say you should wait to get the ball rolling.

Offline whitey

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 07:51:21 AM »
Ok, so I have been taking the time to research as must as I can about finding a wife in BAQ. I came across a GQ magazine  while on deployment in the middle east. After reading the article I began to think about my own Latin heritage  ( puerto rican)  and how nice it would be to date and possibly marry a women that was not corrupted by American capitalism. I dated women from my my on race and can tell you there is little difference from a Puerto Rican women and any other women in the US.

Anyway, I have been reading all that I can about Jamie's site and what he has to offer. I am also aware that some on this site do not see a need to use his services, which is fine to each his own. During my reading I continuously  hear the same thing about the amount of trips one must take. I had plan on taking a trip down to visit Jamie once my leave is approved. With that being said I am very worry that I won't be able to visit a women should I find as often as some of you stated. For two reason: money being one of them, which I don't make any thing close to a six figure salary. Uncle Sam is not Bill Gates so there us only so much I can spend. The other part is with the amount of visits sine on here say is best. I know I am not able to leave for two week every 3 months due to my unit deployment status. I was thinking, not counting the first trip down there that I would  come back every 6 months  should I met that special Latina.

So, my question is should I wait to get out of the military to make the trip ( have another 2 years on my commission which would make me 37 years old when I leave) Or try and work around it. Another thing that has me somewhat nervous is what I have been reading and how the women from Columbia  find it hard to adjust to American living  and become homesick. I do not want to be on deployment only to have a dear John letter sent to me stating she left and went back home.

Well, I'm not rich, don't make 6 figures, but I was fortunate to have some money in the bank, little debt, and a bunch of vacation time built up.

My advice to you would be to spend your vacation time in Colombia during the next 1.5 years.  It's a fun place to spend time - lot's to see and do.  Visit different regions, learn the culture (of course it helps that you are latino, but Colombia has it's own unique culture).  Maybe date casually if you can.

Then, about 6 months away from the end of your commission, start getting serious.  Try to focus on developing relationships with women with marriage potential, whether through Jamie's, online, whatever.

It is really hard to develop a successful relationship with a Colombiana if you can only visit for a short time every 6 months.  Finding a young, attractive woman with that kind of patience and faithfulness is possible, but not easy.

My wife and I are both very very patient people, but we've been apart for 4 months now and the last couple months get harder each day.  I don't know how the guys on the Asian board do it!
Hablo espanolo mucho bieno!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 07:51:21 AM »

Offline Woody

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 08:15:50 AM »

I'm not sure where money enters into it. You are a single O2/O3 with what, four years? Most likely an O3. You're doing pretty well as far as pay goes, my friend. I started my process on E5 pay, I was financially stable and could have easily afforded a trip every 3 months. The only real challenge would be getting your leave approved. That, of course, assumes that you have not taken on debt that would significantly constrain the amount of spending money you have available.

I would say go for it. I give it a 50/50 shot you meet someone with potential on your first trip, but you will want to go back anyways. This process is not a one time deal where you are guaranteed to meet the love of your life. For some people, sure, they manage to meet the girl for them the first trip. Just be prepared for disappointment along the road and have fun during your journey.

Offline whitey

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 08:19:12 AM »
Good to see you posting again, Woody ... I always enjoyed your posts and was thinking of you when reading this thread.

Have you made it to the Philippines yet?

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 08:52:52 AM »

My wife and I are both very very patient people, but we've been apart for 4 months now and the last couple months get harder each day.

RioRanger

I have been apart from my girlfriend for 8 1/2 months - twice as much as Whitey's, and the relationships is still strong.  My girlfriend and I are also very patient people. 

It will work only if both you and your future girlfriend are patient people!!

You can always eliminate these women who aren't very patience.  If you are looking for "hottest" possible woman, then your chance is very thin, because they are not very patience-type women.

Good luck.  It is not impossible to find a woman in your current situation, but it is not very easy. 

Offline fathertime

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 09:46:20 AM »
Rioranger,  I would definitely give it a go on the first trip to BAQ.  After the first trip, you can figure out a plan going from there.  You may find it is not your 'cup of tea' or you may think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread.  If you don't like Colombia, you obviously won't be back, but if you do like it, I bet you find a way to get there a couple more times before your tour is up, and lay the groundwork for when you exit the military in 2 years.  I'm not seeing any reason to put it off since it is something that is on your mind. 

Having some extra cash is helpful, because nothing is free and first trips can cost quite a bit if you use an agency.  Once you develop contacts after a visit to Jamie's or however you meet people, costs can go down on subsequent trips. 

Fathertime! 
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline RioRanger

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 09:50:30 AM »

RioRanger

I have been apart from my girlfriend for 8 1/2 months - twice as much as Whitey's, and the relationships is still strong.  My girlfriend and I are also very patient people. 

It will work only if both you and your future girlfriend are patient people!!

You can always eliminate these women who aren't very patience.  If you are looking for "hottest" possible woman, then your chance is very thin, because they are not very patience-type women.

Totally understand and agree with you on all things. I am pretty versatile in being able to discern the ones a not very patience. However, I will look to Jamie and his staff to fill in and gaps I may have missed.   I am going with mind set that I need to stay
focused , realistic  about my expectations , staying within a reasonable age range ( 25 to 35) , and bookmark this website for quick reference.  As far as my paygrade O-3 would be correct.

I should be able to deal with a long distance relationship as I dated a women that LA and I was stationed in Ga. We were together for almost 4 years. I am not going to say it was easy because that would be either very bad fiction or a lie. However, we made it work the best we could.

Good luck.  It is not impossible to find a woman in your current situation, but it is not very easy.
Sua Sponte!

Offline opusone

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 09:59:10 AM »

Hello Rio,

I too ,have latin heritage, and if you will , permit me to address some of your concerns. Though women from" the isle of enchantment" can be no different from an American woman, this is merely a symptom of a status that has been adopted, rather than the real cultural ways of women from Puerto Rico. As you probably well know , it never used to be like that , but with more influences from the mainland, women became more and more aggressive . This is a very touchy subject with any Boriqua because in my opinion, she is not traditionally like that. With so many transplants coming back home and poisoning the minds of these women, it was just a matter of time.

Having said that, more and more Colombianas are adopting the same attitude and for the same reasons. There is no doubt that as more women from Colombia become exposed to wealth, education, rights, and the tilted system the U.S. has to offer, you will eventually find more and more of them acting no different than Boriquas do now.

To your other concerns, I don't think it is as expensive as you think to visit Barranquilla . I could give you a more accurate breakdown , depending on how much time you want to stay , and what your daily needs/requirements would be. I am assuming you speak Spanish, so I can tell you that you have a leg up on most of the men that would visit Jamie's agency. I mention this because you may not have to take as many trips as the next guy, since communication for you will be the most valuable tool you can use wen away. Jamie's is good for two reasons:
1. You don't have a lot of time, and hopefully you won't be treating this as  a tour excursion or vacation.
2. He really does his best to weed out a lot of crap that you otherwise would have to spend a lot of time figuring out. He's quite good at this I have been told. Furthermore, you won't be lost while traversing in a strange land.

In summary, I think that if you're feeling the burning sensation in your loins, have a little cash to spare, take the plunge.  Why wait two years, if this is on your mind heavily now? If in fact you don't find the woman of your dreams on the first try, think of all the friends, and other people you will meet who will gladly point you in that direction. In Colombia, an audible from a friend carries a lot of weight, so I say go for it. If you're a looker, trust me, you might have to beat them off with a stick.

Offline RioRanger

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 10:12:33 AM »
Rioranger,  I would definitely give it a go on the first trip to BAQ.  After the first trip, you can figure out a plan going from there.  You may find it is not your 'cup of tea' or you may think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread.  If you don't like Colombia, you obviously won't be back, but if you do like it, I bet you find a way to get there a couple more times before your tour is up, and lay the groundwork for when you exit the military in 2 years.  I'm not seeing any reason to put it off since it is something that is on your mind. 

Having some extra cash is helpful, because nothing is free and first trips can cost quite a bit if you use an agency.  Once you develop contacts after a visit to Jamie's or however you meet people, costs can go down on subsequent trips. 

I am thinking it should cost me total around 3500.00 to spend the three day and a little more if I can stay longer at 180.00 a day. I talk with Jamie briefly a few month ago and he seem to know what he is talking about, at least as far as I can tell. Now that I am thinking about it maybe after I find aone that I am compatible with I might be able to spend time ar her house and cut the hotel cost down. That's if she does not stay with her parents  which is almost a sure bet in a latino family.  Anyway when I get home today I call and pay for the tour up which will force me to commit to going. Not say a city full beautiful single latinas is not enough of a incentive to go.lol

Fathertime!
Sua Sponte!

Offline Chris F

• Spouse's Country: Peru
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2011, 10:23:33 AM »
Hello RioRanger,
I am in agreement with others to take the plunge and head down there and see what happens. While there use your time wisely and date as many women as possible to see which one you really connect with on all levels.
My only concern is the fact your in the military. If you bring someone here to the U.S. it is critical that you are with them here to help your new wife adjust. Some women have an easy time adjusting  ( I was lucky) while others it is more of a hand holding process that can go on for some period of time.
You cannot bring someone here and tell her that you have to leave in two days for a three month  deployment. This is simply not going to work. If you decide to move forward with finding someone in another country this aspect of your job must not continue.
Good Luck to you!!

« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 11:09:03 AM by Chris F »

Offline Woody

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2011, 10:27:21 AM »
Good to see you posting again, Woody ... I always enjoyed your posts and was thinking of you when reading this thread.

Have you made it to the Philippines yet?

Not yet. Getting this job in Afghanistan kinda killed my relationship with a Filipina that was going very well. Then again, how would you take it if less than two weeks before the guy was to arrive, he cancels because he got a "job in Afghanistan" starting four days after he was supposed to visit. So yeah, that killed that relationship.

I will say this, it is nice being able to travel like I can now. When you make over six figures take-home pay and have no bills or debt....it is nice. Anyways, I'll be taking two weeks of vacation every four months. I decided I was going to the Philippines no matter what, so I got back on FC. I have been chatting with two wonderful ladies for the past three weeks and will be going to Manila around mid-October. There is no commitment or anything yet, just well developing friendships with good potential. I am planning a trip to Palawan (most likely, at this point) for some scuba and eco-tourism(caves!).

On a side note, I patched up relations with my ex in Colombia, we are now very good friends.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 10:29:02 AM by Woody »

Offline Woody

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2011, 10:33:36 AM »
You cannot bring someone here and tell her that you have to leave in two days for a three month  deployment. This is simply not going to work. If you decide to move forward with finding someone in another country this aspect of your job must not continue.
Good Luck to you!!

That doesn't really happen anymore. Deployments are very predictable these days. Unless he is an operator(doubt it, given his username is is probably attached to Ranger Bat), that is pretty much a non-issue.

BTW, Rio, if you end up at KAF, let me know. :)

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2011, 10:33:36 AM »

Offline opusone

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2011, 10:41:48 AM »

On a side note, I patched up relations with my ex in Colombia, we are now very good friends.

Were you married to her or just a girlfriend, Woody? Either way, was your job an interference , or was she not as understanding?

Offline Woody

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2011, 10:56:51 AM »

Were you married to her or just a girlfriend, Woody? Either way, was your job an interference , or was she not as understanding?

Colombiana was a girlfriend. With the Filipina the job became a direct interference, just because of the timing in getting offered the job(I never applied, they called me!). She didn't really believe me and the trust was broken, so that relationship sank.

With the Colombiana it never became an issue. I could see that our relationship, at least not as the individuals we were at the time, would not work out in the long term. Who knows, a few years down the road, when both of us have done some maturing, we might find we are then right for each other. *Shrug* Can't dwell on that, time to "keep moving forward!"
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 10:59:51 AM by Woody »

Offline opusone

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 11:16:25 AM »

Colombiana was a girlfriend. With the Filipina the job became a direct interference, just because of the timing in getting offered the job(I never applied, they called me!). She didn't really believe me and the trust was broken, so that relationship sank.

With the Colombiana it never became an issue. I could see that our relationship, at least not as the individuals we were at the time, would not work out in the long term. Who knows, a few years down the road, when both of us have done some maturing, we might find we are then right for each other. *Shrug* Can't dwell on that, time to "keep moving forward!"

Foreign women need a lot of "hand holding" for obvious reasons. After all, everything is new, and although exciting, can be fraught with risks. Any sign (probably miscommunication more than anything) that things are not in order, spooks em. I definitely give American Women the edge when it comes to taking risks and not caring about the consequences.

Offline whitey

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2011, 11:55:34 AM »
Glad to hear you have plans and things seem to be going well, Woody.  Best of luck to you.

Offline Chris F

• Spouse's Country: Peru
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2011, 12:37:07 PM »

That doesn't really happen anymore. Deployments are very predictable these days. Unless he is an operator(doubt it, given his username is is probably attached to Ranger Bat), that is pretty much a non-issue.

BTW, Rio, if you end up at KAF, let me know. :)
[/quote/]
You are correct about that. I guess what I meant to state is that any type of deployment is difficult on a military wife who has been living here. How is a woman coming from another country, with no friends, family, or common language here going to handle the situation?  In my opinion, his new wife would need to be here at least one year before he is sent off on deployment again.

Offline RioRanger

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2011, 12:47:30 PM »
Have some kind of support group in the states is one thing that has me worried if I start my search now. I spoke with my family about doing this and my mother is dead set against me doing this. So, I am not sure if she would be willing to spend time with her while I am away. The last thing I what is for a women to be stuck in the house with nothing to do but wait on me. To me that is no way to live and can only lead to her having issues down the line. This is just my opinion of course  as I have little experience in the area. So I will have to look to you guys for advise while doing some research on my own.  But then again I maybe counting my chickens before they hatch. I want to make sure that I fully prepared when I make my trip down there so, I am keeping my expections on a level with what I can and not compromise on.

I have been told that I am easy on the eyes and I keep myself in good physical shape so I hope that will help however, I know it will not be easy to just chose 1. So what I am think is after I done with the tour I will try and have at least 4 that I will make an effort to get to know better and see what materialize  over time. Do you guys think that is a good way to go about it?
Sua Sponte!

Offline opusone

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2011, 02:48:04 PM »
Have some kind of support group in the states is one thing that has me worried if I start my search now. I spoke with my family about doing this and my mother is dead set against me doing this. So, I am not sure if she would be willing to spend time with her while I am away. The last thing I what is for a women to be stuck in the house with nothing to do but wait on me. To me that is no way to live and can only lead to her having issues down the line. This is just my opinion of course  as I have little experience in the area. So I will have to look to you guys for advise while doing some research on my own.  But then again I maybe counting my chickens before they hatch. I want to make sure that I fully prepared when I make my trip down there so, I am keeping my expections on a level with what I can and not compromise on.

I have been told that I am easy on the eyes and I keep myself in good physical shape so I hope that will help however, I know it will not be easy to just chose 1. So what I am think is after I done with the tour I will try and have at least 4 that I will make an effort to get to know better and see what materialize  over time. Do you guys think that is a good way to go about it?

do it like Father Time did, knock her up quick as soon as she gets here, plus you know your mom would be happy to become an abuelita , so that would ease tensions. Send mom up to help take care of the kid and things will work out. During your tour, date like 50 if you can , and if you say you're easy on the eye, then make your own contacts from around town. Tax drivers, restaurant workers , hotel workers, people in the shops, etc.. Start your own network. Make your Spanish work for you. Does wonders.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2011, 03:24:29 PM »

Based on what you have said, you have nothing to be at all concerned about in regards to your physical appearance.  Many men have done just fine with much less.

Regarding your mother.  She may be dead set against it now, but after you bring the woman you intend on marrying here to the USA, I would think she would lighten up.  If you know your mother is completely unreasonable and will never change, then you would have to consider keeping her away from your new wife.  After a woman upends her life, and moves to a foreign land one of the last things you want is for her to feel unwelcome. 

When the day comes that you find a lady and you bring here to the states, you can encourage her to enroll in an English class, or something else that will help her branch out and make a couple/few friends. 

As ChrisF mentioned, if you are going to be away from a lady you are just bringing to the USA, that is going to be very difficult and perhaps even unfair to her.  My impression is that you were done serving in 2 years and would thereby have a job that keeps you closer to home.  If that is not the case, she will probably need time to adjust with your help or somebody else.

Good hunting!

Fathertime!

02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline fathertime

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2011, 03:39:25 PM »

do it like Father Time did, knock her up quick as soon as she gets here, plus you know your mom would be happy to become an abuelita , so that would ease tensions. Send mom up to help take care of the kid and things will work out. During your tour, date like 50 if you can , and if you say you're easy on the eye, then make your own contacts from around town. Tax drivers, restaurant workers , hotel workers, people in the shops, etc.. Start your own network. Make your Spanish work for you. Does wonders.

Hey now!  We did wait  7 months before my wife became pregnant!  I do agree though having a grandchild takes the relationship to another level for mothers and if they aren't already melted, they usually are afterwords. 

Fathertime! 
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline opusone

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2011, 09:18:25 PM »

Hey now!  We did wait  7 months before my wife became pregnant!  I do agree though having a grandchild takes the relationship to another level for mothers and if they aren't already melted, they usually are afterwords. 

Fathertime!

Lol, pardon the miscalculation. I figured you went right at it. I still think it was the best method and it keeps her/ grandma busy in the event she needs help.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2011, 09:18:25 PM »

Offline V_Man

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2011, 12:31:39 AM »
Mate, I agree with the others. Take a much longer term view. Spend the next 2 years getting some practical experience to see if you like the culture, can speak the language, visit other cities, other countries, etc. etc. After that you will be 37 and then almost old enough to consider marring someone. A couple of years after that, you will be 39 and then almost wise enough to go through with it. You will still be young enough to attract a wonderful, sexy woman in almost any country including Colombia.

Offline RioRanger

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2011, 04:58:22 AM »
I would like to first say this on the record: I really do appreciate  everyone that has taken the time to answer my question. Something tells me I am not the first to voice these concerns. To be honest I was expecting to get a response along the lines of " please use the search engine". Anyway, just wanted to say thank you to all for the honest and insightful  answers.

The one answer about getting her pregnant as soon as she enters the US made me laugh for a few seconds. However, I am sure there is some merit to that statement. And now that I think of it I am the only one of my sibling  ( 5 total) that does not have a kid and seeing I am the oldest male, my mother has brought this to my attention on several occasions but more in a joking way. There is a running joke in my family that when I get married my mother will be calling at night making sure we are doing what we need to do to make a baby lol!

Anyway, if anyone can help me understand the approximate cost for the tour and how much of a drop will it be in cost after my first tour is over and I am ready to visit again?
Sua Sponte!

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864