It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: 90 Day Fiance on TLC  (Read 41799 times)

Offline TheGreatAdventurer

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: 90 Day Fiance on TLC
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2014, 06:59:59 AM »
Nothing ever does... but if I don't fire myself up and go for what I really want, what's the point?

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2014, 08:53:31 AM »
Nothing ever does... but if I don't fire myself up and go for what I really want, what's the point?

Yes, you do have to set goals and while being realistic is wise, aiming high isn't necessarily a bad thing. I have short range and long range plans, including some dandy long range ones, like retiring in my 50's at a higher income, with a 3% annual income increase, living overseas at our home there 4 or 5 months---at our home in the USA 7 or 8 months, but I don't put too much stock in anything several years off--just too many intangibles.

I know if I retire overseas, that I'll be pretty much a babe magnet and keeping my pants on will probably be a daily challenge--not that I've had any problems keeping them on outside the home thus far. But I also know that if I play the field, my younger wife, will for the first time, make my life pretty uncomfortable too! That said, as time goes by, we figure on spending less and less time overseas. 'Lead us not into temptation--deliver us from evil'.....
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2014, 10:08:06 AM »
If you live in Colombia and she is HOT and a Narco with Billions of pesos wants her, he will get her if he can give her things you cannot.

The old" Love conquers all" does not apply in LA

Wow. Every Colombiana would run off with a dangerous Narco... maybe some would but come on now.
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2014, 10:08:06 AM »

« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2014, 10:13:18 AM »
Hmmm.... would Paola run off with a billionaire Narco?  8)

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2014, 10:21:06 AM »

lol yea

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2014, 10:59:28 AM »

LOL--My wife has told me ahead of time the only guy she'd leave me for is Leonardo DeCaprio.

At an estimated net worth of a measly 200 million USD, I guess that's chump change compared to a narco billionaire.

Nonetheless, I'm rather glad that Leo prefers tall, fair haired South American super models!

« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2014, 11:18:09 AM »
LOL--My wife has told me ahead of time the only guy she'd leave me for is Leonardo DeCaprio.

At an estimated net worth of a measly 200 million USD, I guess that's chump change compared to a narco billionaire.

Nonetheless, I'm rather glad that Leo prefers tall, fair haired South American super models!

Hah... well we are talking Leo here... can't think of a single girl that wouldn't!

Offline braziliangirl

« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2014, 01:26:55 PM »
Hah... well we are talking Leo here... can't think of a single girl that wouldn't!

I wouldn't. He isn't handsome and doesn't look very manly to me.

By the way, just found this interview with Paola and Russ from the show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtlWJfJjNkk. Thought you guys would be interested.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2014, 01:43:46 PM »

By the way, just found this interview with Paola and Russ from the show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtlWJfJjNkk. Thought you guys would be interested.

DeCaprio is a 'pretty boy' and I think that and his eyes really appeal to a lot of females. That said, like normal mortals, he's getting his wrinkles and extra pounds--and so it goes.... I try not to be envious of anyone, but it does appear from the outside that he has the proverbial 'life of riley'.

Get a load here of Leo doing a spot on, no botox  impression of his 70+ year old pal, Jack Nicholson!
https://www.google.com/search?q=leonardo+dicaprio+impression+of+jack+nicholson&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS477US477&espv=210&es_sm=93&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=s0T

« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2014, 02:23:22 PM »

Hah... well that's good to know!

Hey BG, while we're on the subject, how attractive does the average Brazilian girl find guys with the Thor/Conan/Tarzan thing going on?  You know, basically long hair and an extremely muscular physique...

Offline braziliangirl

« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2014, 03:31:11 PM »
Hah... well that's good to know!

Hey BG, while we're on the subject, how attractive does the average Brazilian girl find guys with the Thor/Conan/Tarzan thing going on?  You know, basically long hair and an extremely muscular physique...

I guess just like there are women for every taste here, their taste can vary a lot.

Talking about Thor, Chris Hemsworth is definitely a hit here. Most of my friends do like muscles, but not extremely muscular guys and long hair is not very popular unless the girl is into metal. But I live in the North, which is more conservative.

Girls in Rio are all about gym culture, so a guy like you describe would probably be successful. Benjio may know more about that since he lives there.

I prefer big guys with beards. But I'm weird, anyway.  ;)

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2014, 04:09:35 PM »

I guess just like there are women for every taste here, their taste can vary a lot.

Talking about Thor, Chris Hemsworth is definitely a hit here. Most of my friends do like muscles, but not extremely muscular guys and long hair is not very popular unless the girl is into metal. But I live in the North, which is more conservative.

Girls in Rio are all about gym culture, so a guy like you describe would probably be successful. Benjio may know more about that since he lives there.

I prefer big guys with beards. But I'm weird, anyway.  ;)

And a most wonderful kind of weird, I think most guys who've followed you would say! ;D

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2014, 04:54:52 PM »

I was on Ipanema Beach a few weeks ago with some friends of mine and as usual I spotted a woman that was nothing short of a freaking goddess. She was standing at one of the thousand refreshment stands that litter the beach buying coconut water. And of course her top looked like two strings tied together covering her nipples and her bottoms look liked a sling shot without the handle. Although I'm in a committed relationship and I've always been a faithful guy it's very difficult to let go of those old hunting habits at times. So I spotted something the guy had on his stand I couldn't go another second without and made my way over. I honestly just wanted a closer look. Girls in Rio, no matter how hot they are, are usually pretty nice when you approach them but all of them are kind of "standoffish" at the beach. The secret is to somehow, someway manage to maintain eye contact. Before I get to the conversation I had with her I need to explain that Ipanema Beach has an extremely large and athletic population of gay men.

Me: You know beer is much better for a tan.
Her (Smiling): I don't drink alcohol
Me: I was talking about pouring it on your skin. But that's ok...I think the coconut water works fine as well.
Her (Laughing): Thanks. I'll remember that next time

Just then one of the guys playing volleyball (with a rainbow flag flying on both net poles) yells something out in Portuguese looking in my direction. He wasn't talking to me but it looked like he was.

Her: I think your friend wants something to drink too
Me: HE'S NOT MY FRIEND! I like my boys fat and hairy! (Joking of course)
Her (Laughing): Me too
Me: REALLY?!!!
Her: Yes. As you can see all the guys with perfect bodies in Rio are gay. It's even worse when you find a straight one with a perfect body.
Me: Why's that?
Her: Look at me. I think I'm fairly attractive, don't you?
Me: Yeah, you're not bad
Her: When I've made love to a guy that's in really good shape, they spend the whole time looking in the mirror closest to the bed flexing their muscles. They never look at me. It's not romantic. It's not sexy. Don't you think looking at a girl is important when you're intimate?
Me: Yes, most definitely (laughing my ass off)

I honestly thought she was joking. Just making funny conversation like I was. But her and her boyfriend left around the same time my party and I did, and sure enough...6 ft., 350 lbs. hairy guy in a speedo. Now I'll admit...I could smell the money on the guy from 50 feet away. I won't go into detail but he was obviously doing pretty well for himself. So I'm sure that had something to do with it as well. But that's a conversation I won't soon forget. The sight of the guy in the speedo? I've been trying hard to forget but it haunts me.  ;D

BG is right. The expectation for physical perfection amongst men and women in Rio is out of this world. Most of the best looking girls want a guy that's in good shape. I told the story just to make the point that there's always the exception. So keep hope alive guys.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 04:56:34 PM by benjio »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2014, 04:54:52 PM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2014, 05:20:13 PM »
DeCaprio is a 'pretty boy' and I think that and his eyes really appeal to a lot of females. That said, like normal mortals, he's getting his wrinkles and extra pounds--and so it goes.... I try not to be envious of anyone, but it does appear from the outside that he has the proverbial 'life of riley'.

Get a load here of Leo doing a spot on, no botox  impression of his 70+ year old pal, Jack Nicholson!
https://www.google.com/search?q=leonardo+dicaprio+impression+of+jack+nicholson&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS477US477&espv=210&es_sm=93&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=s0T

Zigged when I should've zagged...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 05:22:46 PM by robert angel, Reason: ??? »

Offline whitey

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2014, 05:38:15 PM »

Her: When I've made love to a guy that's in really good shape, they spend the whole time looking in the mirror closest to the bed flexing their muscles. They never look at me. It's not romantic. It's not sexy. Don't you think looking at a girl is important when you're intimate?

Aw man, I'm busted!
Hablo espanolo mucho bieno!

« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2014, 05:49:34 PM »
Ahhhhahahaha....  awesome story B!

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2014, 06:25:30 PM »

I was on Ipanema Beach a few weeks ago with some friends of mine and as usual I spotted a woman that was nothing short of a freaking goddess. She was standing at one of the thousand refreshment stands that litter the beach buying coconut water. And of course her top looked like two strings tied together covering her nipples and her bottoms look liked a sling shot without the handle. Although I'm in a committed relationship and I've always been a faithful guy it's very difficult to let go of those old hunting habits at times. So I spotted something the guy had on his stand I couldn't go another second without and made my way over. I honestly just wanted a closer look. Girls in Rio, no matter how hot they are, are usually pretty nice when you approach them but all of them are kind of "standoffish" at the beach. The secret is to somehow, someway manage to maintain eye contact. Before I get to the conversation I had with her I need to explain that Ipanema Beach has an extremely large and athletic population of gay men.

Me: You know beer is much better for a tan.
Her (Smiling): I don't drink alcohol
Me: I was talking about pouring it on your skin. But that's ok...I think the coconut water works fine as well.
Her (Laughing): Thanks. I'll remember that next time

Just then one of the guys playing volleyball (with a rainbow flag flying on both net poles) yells something out in Portuguese looking in my direction. He wasn't talking to me but it looked like he was.

Her: I think your friend wants something to drink too
Me: HE'S NOT MY FRIEND! I like my boys fat and hairy! (Joking of course)
Her (Laughing): Me too
Me: REALLY?!!!
Her: Yes. As you can see all the guys with perfect bodies in Rio are gay. It's even worse when you find a straight one with a perfect body.
Me: Why's that?
Her: Look at me. I think I'm fairly attractive, don't you?
Me: Yeah, you're not bad
Me: Yes, most definitely (laughing my ass off)

I honestly thought she was joking. Just making funny conversation like I was. But her and her boyfriend left around the same time my party and I did, and sure enough...6 ft., 350 lbs. hairy guy in a speedo. Now I'll admit...I could smell the money on the guy from 50 feet away. I won't go into detail but he was obviously doing pretty well for himself. So I'm sure that had something to do with it as well. But that's a conversation I won't soon forget. The sight of the guy in the speedo? I've been trying hard to forget but it haunts me.  ;D

BG is right. The expectation for physical perfection amongst men and women in Rio is out of this world. Most of the best looking girls want a guy that's in good shape. I told the story just to make the point that there's always the exception. So keep hope alive guys.  ;D

Great story--had me laughing. Was able to visualize the woman alright, but as we've never seen Benjio--I had to add a couple decades to him and picture one of my fav actors--Denzel Washington, running B's dialogue! ;D

Offline braziliangirl

« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2014, 08:01:35 PM »
And a most wonderful kind of weird, I think most guys who've followed you would say! ;D

You're so nice, Mr. Angel. Thanks!  ;D

--

Benjio, your story reminded of an Information Security teacher I had when I was studying Computer Science. He was handsome and very charming and future Math teachers that saw him at the corridors would sigh loudly for him. Of course, his class was filled with nerdy guys (I was the only girl), so he felt like he needed to teach them about girls too. He used to tell them to look for the not so pretty ones, because they were the ones who would put most effort into making intimate times good. He used a much less elegant language, but you get the point.

Offline Zon

« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2014, 11:20:22 PM »
hmmm

Offline buencamino

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2014, 09:15:48 AM »

Offline braziliangirl

Offline braziliangirl

« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2014, 02:55:15 PM »

Come on, even Alan and Kirlyam? They seem OK so far.  :)

I'm glad I said so far. Just watched the last episode. Alan seems so insecure and controlling. Poor Kirlyam. He doesn't even let her speak...

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2014, 04:31:49 PM »
hmmm

Zon's been to the movies lately--THAT's where he's been! (See explanation below)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAhIg5Dy3uA
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 04:41:57 PM by robert angel »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2014, 04:31:49 PM »

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2014, 07:32:03 PM »

I'm glad I said so far. Just watched the last episode. Alan seems so insecure and controlling. Poor Kirlyam. He doesn't even let her speak...

Alan doesn't seem insecure. He is insecure and feels like she is out of his fuddy duddy league. As for Kirlyam she is not even legal to work in the United States so that alone puts her modeling career on hold. I wasn't up for dating a model wannabe either. I suspect this is all part of the story-line, but if it was a real life situation I'd say send her back. You can't fault a guy for not wanting to date someone who wants to be a model. She's too short to ever make it big time, but she could still get sucked in and not be what Alan bargained for. I'm not a fan of Alan the guy, but the one thing I do understand is a guy not interested in the modeling thing.

Offline whitey

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2014, 04:38:39 PM »

Alan does seem very insecure to me too, and a little controlling ... some of which is likely his insecurity and the rest religious beliefs.  I doubt I'd be too thrilled about her modelling either though, and I wonder if these agencies are just out to take her (actually his) money to create a portfolio that will never lead to meaningful work.  But ole Alan seems pretty passive-aggressive about the whole thing at this point.

Kirlyam actually reminds me a lot of my wife (minus the model aspirations) ... expressive, big smile, petite, positive, enthusiastic, a little innocent and naive.

And how about the Russian girl?  Sure feel sorry for her having Drunky McFoulmouth as a mother-in-law.  The poor girl looks like a cornered rat in every scene.  Still, ole drunky may actually be right that she may have ulterior motives or be a poor match for her son.
Hablo espanolo mucho bieno!

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864