It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: 90 Day Fiance on TLC  (Read 41800 times)

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: 90 Day Fiance on TLC
« Reply #125 on: February 20, 2014, 08:43:36 PM »
LMAO!!! Should have gone with ski the fastest in the heart of a Winter Olympics year FT. HA HA!!!!!

Hehe.  Perhaps shot-putting in the snow  while on skis should be an event. 

Fathertime! 
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #126 on: February 20, 2014, 09:01:17 PM »
I gotta break it to you, that is par for the course for a many many young unmarried men. 

Unless you've been to wealthy areas and were still pulling beautiful girls I'm not sure you know what you are talking about. You flew over DF for a reason right? It's cool, you went to the dating climate you felt best for you. But there are places in Latin America that are more challenging than others to go out and pick up a woman. I doubt there are many barrios more challenging than condesa, santa fe, and polanco.
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline fathertime

« Reply #127 on: February 20, 2014, 09:16:37 PM »
Unless you've been to wealthy areas and were still pulling beautiful girls I'm not sure you know what you are talking about. You flew over DF for a reason right? It's cool, you went to the dating climate you felt best for you. But there are places in Latin America that are more challenging than others to go out and pick up a woman. I doubt there are many barrios more challenging than condesa, santa fe, and polanco.

Ahhh, so you are acting big and ‘competing’! haha.  So you think you are ‘top notch’ because as a young man you went to Mexico on vacation, and perhaps got over your fussiness for a few moments, and boned a couple rich chicks ( who now are trophies in your closet).  The fact that you find that a big deal, and something worth bragging about is definitely a lot sillier than you seem to realize.  I’m pretty sure most anybody on the website can recall some flings with beauties….not a big thing…really it isn’t. ::)  
Fathertime! 
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #127 on: February 20, 2014, 09:16:37 PM »

Offline Elexpatriado

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #128 on: February 20, 2014, 09:21:50 PM »
You guys spend way too much time debating on this forum and watching that stupid Reality show..only my opinion..

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #129 on: February 20, 2014, 09:33:39 PM »
You guys spend way too much time debating on this forum and watching that stupid Reality show..only my opinion..

It's pretty entertaining if you've K1ed a girl before anyways.

Offline DRGUY1

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #130 on: February 20, 2014, 11:46:27 PM »
It's pretty entertaining if you've K1ed a girl before anyways.

I really have no time for reality shows, but I'm hooked on this show too…I've actually watched repeats…haha

It's the first time we've seen something like this on TV.

I think it may actually help with some of the negative perceptions, especially if all the couples get hitched. It puts a face and human element to the process….but it could also go the other way. :P

Offline Jhengsman

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #131 on: February 21, 2014, 07:03:36 AM »

I really have no time for reality shows, but I'm hooked on this show too…I've actually watched repeats…haha

It's the first time we've seen something like this on TV.

I think it may actually help with some of the negative perceptions, especially if all the couples get hitched. It puts a face and human element to the process….but it could also go the other way. :P
Unfortunately it is a reality show with the drama inducing edits if not outright scripting and acting that entails. Lisa Ling's 1 hour documentary for the Oprah Network which has the same target audience is probably a more fair representation. Even if she started with guys on romance tours and did not start as the women first came to America as the 90 Day Fiance program does.

Offline Ray

« Reply #132 on: February 21, 2014, 03:51:20 PM »
Unfortunately it is a reality show with the drama inducing edits if not outright scripting and acting that entails.

Correct! The drama on this show is obviously contrived and downright stupid.

Take the phony drama they are playing up with the Russ & Paola story.

OH NO! Russ might have to go back to work before the wedding and then poor little Paola will have to go back home because there won't be any wedding within 90 days! OH NO! Stay tuned to see how the phony drama plays out... LOL!

First of all, if the stupid bozos have their marriage license like they shoud by now, they could be married today in a civil ceremony at the court house and nobody would have to go home.

But of course the show producers have to contrive a dramatic situation to get us bozos to tune back in next week to see if the dumb chick will be deported or not...

Most all of these reality shows are phony so don't get carried away with the fake drama. I think this stuff is targeted at teenage girls(?)

Ray

Offline fathertime

« Reply #133 on: February 22, 2014, 09:40:22 AM »

Correct! The drama on this show is obviously contrived and downright stupid.

Take the phony drama they are playing up with the Russ & Paola story.

OH NO! Russ might have to go back to work before the wedding and then poor little Paola will have to go back home because there won't be any wedding within 90 days! OH NO! Stay tuned to see how the phony drama plays out... LOL!

First of all, if the stupid bozos have their marriage license like they shoud by now, they could be married today in a civil ceremony at the court house and nobody would have to go home.

But of course the show producers have to contrive a dramatic situation to get us bozos to tune back in next week to see if the dumb chick will be deported or not...

Most all of these reality shows are phony so don't get carried away with the fake drama. I think this stuff is targeted at teenage girls(?)

Ray

i can't get myself to watch this silly show.  i haven't seen one second of it yet. 

Fathertime!
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #134 on: February 22, 2014, 10:36:33 AM »

But for the record your wife is from Honduras, not a rich girl from Mexico City. And the GDP per capita in Honduras ($4,744) in 2012 was less than half of Colombia's ($10,671). So even if your wife's status back home was an upper middle-class girl with a college degree she got a major economic upgrade by going north to the USA with a college educated guy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 10:41:33 AM by Hector_Lavoe »

Offline Ray

« Reply #135 on: February 22, 2014, 01:38:47 PM »

i can't get myself to watch this silly show.  i haven't seen one second of it yet. 

Fathertime!

Hey bozo, you aren't missing anything...    :D

Ray

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #136 on: February 22, 2014, 02:55:05 PM »
But for the record your wife is from Honduras, not a rich girl from Mexico City. And the GDP per capita in Honduras ($4,744) in 2012 was less than half of Colombia's ($10,671). So even if your wife's status back home was an upper middle-class girl with a college degree she got a major economic upgrade by going north to the USA with a college educated guy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

Forget about the math man. You gotta worry about getting shot over anything else there right now. I'd say it is a big secret how hot the women are there, but there is no point in even discussing it with the way things are going. The good news for me is that I don't have this big extended family to provide for. I got their backs when and if they need it. But that's it.

Offline Jhengsman

« Reply #137 on: February 24, 2014, 07:17:24 AM »

Ray
So I checked out the TV board this morning and it seems the last episode was the weddings. Suddenly the the theme of the posters shifted from losers and the prostitutes who will leave them in three years to ohh what a wonderful couple. Its amazing what a white dress and copying a royal ceremony can do

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #137 on: February 24, 2014, 07:17:24 AM »

Offline Jhengsman

« Reply #138 on: September 21, 2014, 06:18:33 PM »
There is more traffic over here so the cross post.

Its back season 2 starts October 2, 14. Six couples are announced including two American women with foreign fiances.

The women come from the Philippines, South Africa, Brazil and Colombia. The men from Tunisia and Nicaragua. With the Brazilian and Tunisian having large age gaps.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 66