It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Colombian Cupid = A Total Waste of Time  (Read 13022 times)

Offline Jedimaster

Colombian Cupid = A Total Waste of Time
« on: June 13, 2010, 08:36:04 PM »
I've signed up with Colombian Cupid and so far it appears to be a complete waste of time.   Here are the three types of women that, in my opinion, comprise the vast majority of women on the site.

1. The Attention Seeker- this type of woman isn't really looking for anything serious on the website, she is on Col Cupid because she is addicted to all the attention that she is receiving. 

2. The "Match.com" Woman.  This type of Colombiana might actually be looking for something serious on the site, but her requirements are so strict that in all likelihood she will never find what she is looking for.  Here is an example of a profile of the "match .com" Colombiana--
"Looking for a man who is very handsome, at least 6'0 (1.83m) tall, very athletic, very financially secure, and lives within 50 miles of Madrid, Spain."

Who fits this decription?  Antonio Banderas maybe?  And when you look at the pictures of the woman she is usually average looking, overweight, etc.  These women are like the Colombiana counterparts of the match.com AW's in that they dont seem to have realistic expectations of the guys they want to meet.

3.  Scammers --women looking for WU payments, "giros".  There was another Col Cupid thread in which JimD talked (cont'd)

Offline Jedimaster

Re: Colombian Cupid = A Total Waste of Time
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 08:42:43 PM »
about scammers on Col Cupid and he was right on the money.  IMHO there are plenty of women on the site who post hot swimsuit photos in order to ensnare guys into sending them money.  These women will often post that they are looking for a guy between 18 and 80 years old, 30-93, or "open" for age.

For the guys who live in Colombia, as well as the guys who have visited Colombia, please tell me that ColombianCupid is a very poor representation of the women that you would actually find in Colombia
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 08:48:58 PM by Jedimaster »

Offline Woody

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 08:51:08 PM »
2. The "Match.com" Woman.  This type of Colombiana might actually be looking for something serious on the site, but her requirements are so strict that in all likelihood she will never find what she is looking for.  Here is an example of a profile of the "match .com" Colombiana--
"Looking for a man who is very handsome, at least 6'0 (1.83m) tall, very athletic, very financially secure, and lives within 50 miles of Madrid, Spain."

Who fits this decription?  Antonio Banderas maybe?  And when you look at the pictures of the woman she is usually average looking, overweight, etc.  These women are like the Colombiana counterparts of the match.com AW's in that they dont seem to have realistic expectations of the guys they want to meet.

You soon learn to completely ignore what she is "looking for." Most of the time whatever she puts in there is BS anyways(A lot of times it is her own description!). I have women contact me ALL THE TIME that have requirements that I am no where near. (Sorry, but I'm 6'0" with a linebacker build, not some skinny average height and weight dude)

If she has been on there for more than a year, you are probably wasting your time (Anyone with an ID under 600k, I'm at 700k for a September 2009 registration). By this, I mean she is usually "seasoned." Look for women with IDs in the 800 range if you want more quality experiences.

Sure, you'll have to wade through the weeds to find the flower, but it will be fun in the end. Just look for what you want, contact them. If they don't get back to you, so what? I get about a 50% response rate for anyone that has been active in the past month, it drops off sharply after that.

As for the swimsuit scammers, I don't get those. Then again, I make it known early on that I will be visiting Colombia again in July. So, it may be that the scammers don't bother since I'll be there in person in a few weeks, so they wont have time to run a long play.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 08:52:48 PM by Woody »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 08:51:08 PM »

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 10:22:48 PM »
Colombian cupid is  pretty much a waste unless your looking for prepagos, which is what the gringos it in Medellin  use it for. i personally know 7 gringos who live in Medellin who use Colombian cupid to meet girls for potential sex. i will say it again, any normal girl is gone within 2 weeks after signing up, the ones that are left are professionals.  i have met tons of girls from there in person, 70% do not look like their photos in person. some i personally know on there from Medellin who are scamming men for $$$.

you might find a normal girl there, but will take a lot of time.

try match.com in Colombia,  it in Spanish, but a lot less professionals on it.

Offline kojak

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 01:07:26 AM »
This is what I've also heard about Colombian Cupid, waste of money. I've just joined a new site "http://www.cybercupido.com" quite a few Colombianas on that site, been trying to look up info. on this site can't fine anything. Is in Spanish so figured not a lot of Americans use it. Does anybody have info. on cybercupido?

Regards, Kojak.   
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat." --Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Zon

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 05:58:28 AM »
My first experience with online dating web sites was Russian websites.  Talk about opposite world!

The quality of correspondence I have had on Colombian cupid is very poor.   Even when I lived in Colombia, I rarely used it even to meet women.   

A generalization that is largely true - The women that are attractive and applying themselves in the day, do not have the time or inclination to waste time online.

I have found that the latinas that can effectively use the internet the best are Peruvians - it takes time and intelligence.   

Bottom line = it takes time and living in the environment to meet women most effectively in Colombia - and Spanish

Offline El Escéptico

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 08:16:52 AM »
A very attractive girl I know that lives in Envigado (near Medellin) Colombia 20 years old, learning English, comes from a well off family, was on the site for three days. First problem her mother told me was the hundreds of responses. Second she just did not find any of the first 20 or so close to her liking and the entire process just scared her. She got so overwhelmed she just cut the listing on C. Cupid after 3-days. Her Mom said the requests came from the USA and Europe and that most of them were guy's in their 40's.

I have a trip report from Medellin. I am going to write about the agency scene in Medellin. So be on the look out.

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 09:41:17 AM »
JediMaster
I met my girlfriend, Astrid through ColombianCupid.   NOT every girls who signed up in the ColombianCupid are looking for $$$, etc.  It is up to you to know what you are looking for. 
There are many girls who signed up ColombianCupid work as “cam prostitutes" such as livejasmin.com.  How do I know?  Someone wrote me a letter in my Facebook, telling me that my ex-girlfriend worked there, and she gave me the links.   When I saw her there, and had a look at the website and recognised many of the girls from ColombianCupid!
Anyway, Jedi,  it is NOT impossible to find a genuine woman in ColombianCupid, but it might require lots of time before you find a genuine woman.

GOLDEN RULES:

1 - Do not try to look for the 'hottest' girl only.  You will have too many competitions.  If you are not a good-looking person, not very romantic, not caring person, tell that to yourself, what does she see in you?   $$$$$$$$
2 – When she added you in MSN, do check in Hi5 and/or Facebook and see if it says “In a Relationships”, “Married”, “Engaged”, or have too many friends.  I have caught many women who are already involved in relationships.  Some of them have denied!
3 – IGNORE any women who did not make any appointments to meet you in MSN, etc.  At least, if she did not apologizes or explain to you the first thing she comes online MSN.    If she cannot make the appointment to meet you, then she is potentially cannot meet you at the airport.  FULL STOP! 
4 – IGNORE any women who are on multi-chat.  It shows that they aren’t serious about you.

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 09:43:14 AM »
A very attractive girl I know that lives in Envigado (near Medellin) Colombia 20 years old, learning English, comes from a well off family, was on the site for three days. First problem her mother told me was the hundreds of responses. Second she just did not find any of the first 20 or so close to her liking and the entire process just scared her. She got so overwhelmed she just cut the listing on C. Cupid after 3-days. Her Mom said the requests came from the USA and Europe and that most of them were guy's in their 40's.

I have a trip report from Medellin. I am going to write about the agency scene in Medellin. So be on the look out.

Let me guess.... many of them were asking for nude pictures, or asking some weirdos questions ????

Offline Pivery

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 10:09:30 AM »

Although I never used or any of the web chat sites to find my fiancée, I felt that the women on the sites I browsed through initially were not
completely honest and were only online looking for someone to talk to. The majority of the very attractive women are going to get flooded with
email while the women a little rough around the edges are not going to get a whole lot of attention, so as a result both types drop out quickly.

So if you're not trying to marry the next super model,you could wind up with someone you could spend your life with. But you do need to
weed through the ladies only looking to fill some of their down time or just looking to add to their friends list on their facebook account.

It is definitely possible to find your Mrs. Right through a chat site, but the odds are stacked against you I feel.

Pivery

"Take care of your lady or somebody else will."

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2010, 01:03:25 PM »
my normal female friends that i know that used CC before were scared off within about a week, from guys asking for nude photos, how much $$ for a one night stand, and even a few who seemed normal, they met in MSN for chat and web cam, and when they turned on the web cam, the men was completely naked, go figure jaja

a few in Medellin actually met  some gringos  in person, very few  were normal, the  majority were only looking for sex. unfortunately, one friend was dumb enough to go back to the guys apartment on the 2nd date, where he got a too aggressive and she had to run out of the  apartment,

so, its difficult to find a good girl on internet sites. it takes a lot of time,

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2010, 01:46:30 PM »
Idiot men are the one to blame!

They have successfully:

1)  scare genuine women away
2)  giving scammers to scam some 'good' men

Offline Kiltboy1

• She Loves What's Under The Kilt
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2010, 02:52:24 PM »
I met My Beautiful Ecuatoriana wife on Cybercupido.com

It can be done !

KB
She Loves What's Under The Kilt !

Viva Ecuador !

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2010, 02:52:24 PM »

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2010, 05:18:00 PM »

You have to be picky during the process.After using different ways to meet women I'd have to say that I kicked 'em to the curb alot faster when I used websites.Sure, I did kick alot of them to the curb online but there are ALOT more to choose from online as well.

Researcher
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2010, 06:34:21 PM »
It can be done. I met my wife on amigos.com back when it was a good deal. You could pay $10 for a month and write to the women who interested you giving them your real email address. Back then my wife was 42 but she had tons of responses usually from guys far younger than herself.

Offline JimD

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2010, 07:43:22 PM »
As I posted earlier Ricardo of allcollombiangirls is starting his own version of Colombian Cupid (Latin Colombian Cupid). Hopefully there will be more "reality" on that site.
Esposa y mosa vida hermosa

Offline whitey

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2010, 09:06:01 PM »
My fiance was on amigos.com.  

My best friend liked her picture and profile, wrote her a little for a month, and had dinner with her on one of his trips.  While they both liked each other as friends, it was pretty clear that there wasn't any romantic interest.

Several months later I asked him if he knew anyone that would like to study Spanish/English with me.  Knowing my taste, he introduced me to Nazly via an email, and we began corresponding.

Other than her experiences with me and my buddy, the vast majority of the other guys were as MUDD described.  There are truly  A LOT of a-holes out there.  For those of us that are "normal", it's hard to believe.

Any decent woman will screen very carefully and will become quickly frustrated and disgusted ... and still it's quite likely that some guy playing the long con will disappoint them.  It didn't happen to my fiance, but has happened to her sister and some friends.

So ... there are good women out there, but they may not last long.  In a way it's like a double edged sword ... the women may be more suspicious of you, but if you prove over time you're a decent guy, you'll stand way out of the crowd.
Hablo espanolo mucho bieno!

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864