It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: 90 day finance..  (Read 10496 times)

Offline Elexpatriado

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Re: 90 day finance..
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2017, 02:28:10 PM »

From my experience that's the extent of it though....."public." I have upper class, well-educated, younger, handsome friends in Colombia. Mostly guys I knew from work and almost all of them married with young children. Although they maintain that, "I wouldn't touch most of the girls these gringos are making their wives" persona when everyone else is around, get them to a strip club/brothel, local beer stand or less than reputable night club. A nice a$$, some big, bubbly man-mades, a pretty face and all of a sudden they're all about equal opportunity. I remember hearing a story from a friend of mine about a maid getting her 15 year old daughter a part time job in the house where she had worked for years. The 18 year old son ended up sleeping with the daughter and getting her pregnant. His parents could care less that he got a girl that young pregnant. It was the class of people she came from. I'm not sure what happened but my assumption would be they paid for it all to go away to save face in their circle of friends...but the point is give your average Colombian a wet and willing hole and all that class crap goes out the window.

Yes..the hypocrisy and denial is unreal..especially with your "Christian" types..

Oh we are into Colombia bashing again... 

Offline ignorante

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2017, 05:00:26 PM »
Here is a good one this older woman went to Amsterdam to meet a much younger man and all she did was badger him to marry her shortly after meeting her... every time she would mention getting married the camera would pan over to him and he had a look like someone pissed in his wheeties...  this view just shows what she looks like  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpN_sjJW9UM
  Holy crap!  Did you see the photos SHE used?  There would be no way to tell it was the same person!  Talk about bait and switch.

Offline Fuzzyone

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2017, 06:03:43 PM »
  Holy crap!  Did you see the photos SHE used?  There would be no way to tell it was the same person!  Talk about bait and switch.

She did not think much of herself by doing that with the photos.....

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2017, 06:03:43 PM »

Offline utopiacowboy

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2017, 03:30:20 PM »
On the last episode one guy finds out that the woman he flew to Paris to meet has a boyfriend. They don't get paid that much on this show to look like complete idiots yet there they are.

Meanwhile the other loser in Brazil made his girl take pregnancy and STD tests. She was pissed about it and they came up negative but I can see her thinking, I am going to leave your ass once I get to the US as soon as I can.

The chick in Haiti has two old geezer boyfriends and one is coming to visit from the DR while the other guy is all jealous.

You look at these guys and it's obvious why they couldn't get a woman in the US - no woman would have anything to do with these fools. It would be interesting if they would actually have a couple where the guy was attractive and accomplished and the woman was not a gold digging visa hunter. I guess no one would want to watch - instead we have these car wrecks!

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2017, 09:19:43 AM »
It would be interesting if they would actually have a couple where the guy was attractive and accomplished and the woman was not a gold digging visa hunter.

Agreed. And the guy doesn't necessarily have to be very attractive or accomplished....just normal with some level of self respect/esteem. The show could be just as entertaining if they weren't embracing all the drama and making men seem desperate and needy but their target audience wouldn't enjoy it as much.

Again, these days entertainment (especially on Cable TV) is all about exploiting women's impulsive and irresponsible shopping habits. Women drive 70-80% of all consumer purchasing in the U.S. and Europe; and it's for that very reason that the televised media machine caters to female preferences in entertainment absolutely anytime they get the opportunity. While "Everyday, Hardworking Husband" is at work busting his a$$ "Susie Homemaker" is at home watching television deciding what the family "needs" to buy. Even women with full time jobs make most of the purchasing decisions in the average American Household. What do we see when we watch TV now? Almost every sitcom in the last 25 years that involved a married couple had an incapable, idiotic man that couldn't manage to survive a week without his wife. This theme even applied to cartoons like The Simpsons and Family Guy. If it wasn't that the show involved some lame, beta male type that couldn't get a date to save his life or homosexual men in shows like Will and Grace (not that there's anything wrong with that). The reason Two and a Half Men was so successful is because Charlie Sheen's character was such a breath of fresh air for men, but they still had to offset his chauvinism with a brother that was a habitual door mat.

90 Day Fiance could just as easily be a realistic show with real men that are interested in foreign women and follows them through the process of meeting, courting and eventually failure or successful marriages but that doesn't sell dish washing liquid. What American Women want to see is relationships with foreign women that are dumpster fires at best so they can be reassured that their new found feminist power structure isn't being threatened by men realizing they have options outside the U.S.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 09:49:51 AM by benjio »

Offline Fosgate5

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2019, 08:06:34 PM »
Have not watched this since the season with the Mary Jane entrepreneur got dumped by the gold digging Ukranian/Russian. Watched season one with the wife and she liked that one then jumped to season six......H :o ly shat what a piece of crap show that's become. How is that even made it 6 seasons is just unfathomable to me. If anything this show is grabbing viewers who dabble into the idea and by the show I would guess they scare off about 90% of the people from international dating.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2019, 11:45:37 AM »
Have not watched this since the season with the Mary Jane entrepreneur got dumped by the gold digging Ukranian/Russian. Watched season one with the wife and she liked that one then jumped to season six......H :o ly shat what a piece of crap show that's become. How is that even made it 6 seasons is just unfathomable to me. If anything this show is grabbing viewers who dabble into the idea and by the show I would guess they scare off about 90% of the people from international dating.

My wife has always disliked that show and I can't recall the last time we watched it. We didn't even realize it's still on in fact.

It really paints the whole picture poorly--inaccurately, with often pathetic characters, who probably have situational dynamics  quite different than the reality most people here experience.

But then it's basically like presenting a combination circus--train wreck scenario and for the TV audience, as well as PL's, that's what people like to look at the most.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2019, 01:20:08 PM »
LOL! If you get married you will be "financing" longer than 90 days.
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline ag1987

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2019, 03:35:37 PM »

Sad thing also is it portrays the process of bringing a woman here wrong in my mind - with lots of the couples, they make it seem like the 90 day threshold is a built-in "trial period"..."89 days to wed....45 days to wed...11 days to wed...." blah blah blah. They definitely found the worst of the worst, "built for TV" ridiculousness. The weirder, the better. How about the dude from the first or second season, in his late 50s/early 60s, brought home an 18/19 yr old from the PI. Creeeeeepy.

Just another garbage reality TV show. The bigger guy from CA is currently serving a 2.5 yr prison sentence in AZ as he was caught with 300 lbs of weed in his vehicle LOL.

Offline Wildstubby

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2019, 03:56:29 PM »
This is all hype TV. I remember watching Deadliest Catch a long time ago. Then I figured out that they were scripting the infighting and the competitions just for the 'drama' ratings! This 90 Day Fiance is the same way. Similar as the Weather Channel now naming winter storms in an effort to hype it and make more money!

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2019, 04:09:11 PM »

Sad thing also is it portrays the process of bringing a woman here wrong in my mind - with lots of the couples, they make it seem like the 90 day threshold is a built-in "trial period"..."89 days to wed....45 days to wed...11 days to wed...." blah blah blah. They definitely found the worst of the worst, "built for TV" ridiculousness. The weirder, the better. How about the dude from the first or second season, in his late 50s/early 60s, brought home an 18/19 yr old from the PI. Creeeeeepy.

Just another garbage reality TV show. The bigger guy from CA is currently serving a 2.5 yr prison sentence in AZ as he was caught with 300 lbs of weed in his vehicle LOL.

The fact is that to most people (not that we really care overall, nor should we) already feel that what we're doing is weird and unnatural.

But while it can safely be said that as guys looking for wives or women for steady companionship abroad, that  we're already "weird" to them, the people shown on these shows when we initially watched, are REALLY at best, on the far, outer fringe.

It's not that different than the way they depicted country folks in the horrendous 2012-2017 TV series, "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" ---increasingly, just like 'real' VS 'fake' news, the line between 'reality', VS parody TV, is a bit blurred.

But however accurate or inaccurate, the "reality TV" genre is, it's THE number one watched type of television programming and is also one of the cheapest to produce.

The other biggie is crime scene/forensic/mystery 'investigation shows, which have hooked so many people that we currently have enough people in colleges studying these criminal professions, to last hundreds of years.

Like ancient Rome and it's decline, with it's "bread and circuses", it all mirrors where society's head is at these days..

Long ago, before cable TV was even an entity,  the saying was "TV is like chewing gum for the mind". Still true, but apparently it's more addictive than ever before

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2019, 04:21:05 PM »
This is all hype TV. I remember watching Deadliest Catch a long time ago. Then I figured out that they were scripting the infighting and the competitions just for the 'drama' ratings! This 90 Day Fiance is the same way. Similar as the Weather Channel now naming winter storms in an effort to hype it and make more money!

They say that in the USA, the Weather Channel is THE most watched channel on TV.

I guess because such a variety of demographics, especially the elderly, watch it. Same thing makes bowling the number one participation sport---everyone can get in on it, even older folks and little kids.

In contrast, even with occasional typhoons, in my wife's country, the weather channel would be an utter failure.

To them, it's either cold or hot, raining or not, and there's not a lot they can do either way. And they know it.

We are so caught up worrying about stuff we really can't do anything about in this nation,  that we don't worry or do anything about things we could change.

Offline Jhengsman

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2019, 04:58:39 AM »
LOL! If you get married you will be "financing" longer than 90 days.
Looking at this latest season, no you won't. You just have to get to their so-called reunion episode.  ::) [size=78%] Reunion when the cast was never together in the first place. Then the quick divorce before any state would order any support. And the cast goes their on way hoping that TLC won't be the high point at the start of their entertainment career.[/size]

The first two seasons were produced before the show aired so there was a greater percentage of real couples. Since then we had a couple of religious couples showing us how to go about relationships in their church approved way and the first women bringing the men over and the actors. Rumor says they have found a same sex couple for season 7. I wondered if they were duped into thinking "the documentary" like others who did not watch the show before signing up

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2019, 04:58:39 AM »

Offline Fosgate5

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2019, 08:24:13 PM »
Looks like the latina married to Colt got herself arrested and charged...for the second time. I cringed when I saw their interation with that over grown man child. I recall telling her to calm down after he refused to defend her after his brother pretty much fleeced her and then his mother started in on her. Thought he was lucky she didn't rip his head off then. I'm thinking that guy and his family will eventually cause her to stab his ass while he's sleeping. https://www.eonline.com/news/1004234/90-day-fiance-s-larissa-arrested-for-domestic-violence-after-fight-with-colt

Offline Fuzzyone

« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2019, 09:33:45 PM »
 Larissa started bitching as soon as she fly into Las Vegas, I would have turned around and sent her back home because she was not happy from day one. With that idiot Colt living with his mother did not help... the show sucks too much drama and the people in it just trying to get attention to try making money!

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2019, 06:49:35 AM »
Larissa started bitching as soon as she fly into Las Vegas, I would have turned around and sent her back home because she was not happy from day one. With that idiot Colt living with his mother did not help... the show sucks too much drama and the people in it just trying to get attention to try making money!

I agree. I watch some types of reality TV but it is too drama hyped at times.
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2019, 08:36:10 AM »
I agree. I watch some types of reality TV but it is too drama hyped at times.

For most viewers, namely the 'targeted audience'--there can't be TOO much drama, just like for celebrities,  typically (besides however unsubstantiated, accusations of male behavior deemed inappropriate to females) there's no such thing as 'bad publicity'.

Like towards the decline of the Roman Empire, with it's 'bread and circuses' -- the masses can't get enough crap, for their daily fix.

The means of delivery are different today, but the mindset's basically the same.

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2019, 09:05:48 AM »

The guy didn't have air conditioning in his car! In Las Vegas! He should be branded with a big L on his forehead.

Offline Fosgate5

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2019, 07:35:02 PM »
Holy cow! I googled 90-day fiance arrested and selected images and there is a whole trove of crimminal records and photos of people on that show. One guy got smacked with arson and insurance fraud, another several DUI and drug arrests. That Danielle that was married to Mohammad has a wrap sheet of theft, forgery, identity theft a mile long. Ironically it seems almost everyone after season two has an arrest record. That must be part of their requirements.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 467