It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Prepago al Maximo  (Read 58249 times)

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
Prepago al Maximo
« on: November 14, 2011, 12:01:07 PM »
This tale may very well be placed in the Trip Reports section after it's read by an administrator, but I'm putting it here initially as it's only one of many very interesting experiences I've had staying, working and dating in Colombia.

I just returned to the states from working in Bogota for a few weeks. After some very bad experiences during my first couple of trips there I actually have a new found appreciation for Colombia's capital. It is what is. A bustling metropolis chock full of all the nuances that come along with living in a big city. My company has a bad habit of sending me to South America for a month to do three months worth of work. It doesn't help that the work ethic there amongst my colleagues is little "laxed" to say the least. Everyone arrives at around 8:30, chit chat around the coffee machine until about 9:15, work actually starts around 9:30, 2 1/2 hour lunch starting at 12, and forget about any serious work in the afternoon. I've become accustomed to the routine so I get everything I can done when the opportunities present themselves. This go round I found myself with a little free time in the evenings, so as usual I decided to get out and explore. I met a gentleman in the hotel bar the last time I was there and this time he invited me to see a pro basketball game. I gladly accepted. Let's face it, we're not getting much basketball here in the states these days...so I was glad he asked. Long story short, Bogota vs. Medellin, 3 fist fights, bottles thrown on the court, 5 players ejected, almost a fight between the Paisas and Bogotanos in the crowd. All and all a very entertaining evening.

Anyway, I tried to set up some dates in Bogota via Colombian Cupid before my trip. I was going to be there for a while so I figured why the hell not. I was chatting with a couple of girls before I actually arrived but they both fizzled out. One replied to every single message I sent her up until the day before I arrived, but when it came down to setting up a time to have lunch...nothing. Never surprised by the flakiness of Colombianas, but I'm sometimes still baffled by how far they'll go before flaking out. My last day in Recife a very attractive Colombiana showed "interest" in me on CC, so I returned the favor. I never really take anything but a message from a girl seriously so I didn't think anything of it, but five minutes after my "interest" was sent she sent me a message and said she liked my pictures. We chatted for a bit. I was packing and I actually second guessed her picture as it looked like a model's professional head shot so I didn't really take her seriously. Her Spanish was precise and professional, none of those chat and text abbreviations for everything like the young girls do. ("k" for "que"...stuff like that). That showed a level of maturity that kind of increased my interest for the moment.

Her profile said she was 31, single, never married...no children. Physically she reminded me of Tatiana Ramos, the Colombian Model. If anyone doesn't know who that is, go to Google right fast and look her up. It's worth the trouble, believe me. But I also want to give everyone here an idea of how unbelievable I thought this woman contacting me was. I was sure they were fake pics initially but I continued to play the game. I mentioned I was going to be in Bogota the next day and she said we should meet up. Here's where I went into complete denial mode. "This can't be real!!!" I mean I don't think of myself as shabby by any means, but honestly I don't even bother with women that look like her. Entirely too high maintainance. I don't give a damn where they're from. I reluctantly agreed and she PM'ed me her phone number. It was nothing but work as usual when I got to Bogota. The first day I got to the office it was nonstop meetings, training, and programming. Things finally started to wind down around the afternoon of the third day. I honestly hadn't even thought about my new virtual friend.

I got to the hotel around 7 p.m. that fourth day of my stay. Luckily my office is only about three blocks away so I walk there everyday. Bogota is brisk and fresh in the mornings so it's usually a very pleasureable stroll. Always gives me an opportunity to check out the local talent as well. Bogota girls are definitely not the most attractive in Colombia on average but there are some stunners there. Plus nothing turns me on like a woman in those suede, knee high boots with the heels all the girls there wear. Usually when I get to my hotel room after work I'll fire my laptop right back up and start working again but I checked my personal email first that day. Looky, looky, a message from my new friend. Let's just call her Liz for this story's sake. Her short message asked one simple question, "Llegastes bien?"

I went to her profile on CC, looked at her pictures again, and told myself, "[snip] IT!!!" I gave her a call. Took me three times to get threw and I almost gave up after the second, but oh how destiny will give us a little nudge right when we need it. She answered this time. When I told her my name she didn't know who the hell I was. I thought I dialed the wrong number but checked it on the phone and verified it was correct. Then I just told her, "El hombre de cupido." That straightened things out. She sounded excited to hear my voice, but got a little annoyed when I told her how long I had been in Bogota because I hadn't called her. I told her I had been working. She mentioned again she wanted to meet. I thought for a second. I was in my hotel room in my boxers and a wife beater and really didn't feel like getting dressed for one thing. ADEMAS...I still didn't believe those were her pictures. Again, I told myself "[snip] IT!!!!"

I told her we could have a drink at the hotel bar if she wanted to stop by but I wasn't leaving that night. I was too tired. She agreed. Again, my mind was blown. Okay...so I hopped in the shower to freshen up the hot spots, threw on a pair of slacks and nice shirt and a dash of cologne. I was out of the room 15 minutes after I got finished giving her the address to the hotel. I got down to the bar. There was live music. A very pretty female vocalist and a piano player performing some Colombian Tunes I didn't recognize. The bar was relatively empty. A couple of British guys having a beer and a young American guy playing pool. I sit down, ordered a jack and coke and waited.

The pictures were real. She showed up about 45 minutes after I got down to the bar. I would have probably waited a couple of hours. She wasn't dressed up much. Jeans, a skin tight sweater, those boots I love, a beenie, a scarf, yada yada. Her makeup, hair and nails were flawless though. She froze the room for a second when she walked in. I think the piano player missed a key watching her. She spotted me immediately, smiled and made her way over to me. This is the second woman I've met in the hotel bar. The last one was very beautiful. Liz was breathetaking that night. It's amazing how a woman's face can be so visually appealing that it makes you pause for a second to appreciate what you're looking at. I couldn't tell if the breast were plasticos yet but they were trying to bust through that tight ass sweater like two puppies playing under a blanket. She started to take all her winter accessories off, the scarf and hat, etc and had a seat. Gotta love the bartender. Don't get me wrong, the service at this hotel is impeccable, but he almost tore down the top shelf getting over there to get a closer look. You know Colombian guys...as soon as she ordered a beer and he stepped out of her line of vision he was looking back at me to give me the thumbs up.

Conversion was dull initially but it picked up when she told me she lived in Houston for a year. Had pictures in her phone and everything. iPhone? Mmmmm....don't see many single Colombians with those...especially unemployed ones. Okay...maybe I'm just being suspicious. While leaning in closer to her to look at the pictures in her phone I got a closer look at her boots. Manolo Blahniks. I always know them when I see them. I bought a pair for an ex-girlfriend here in the states a few years back. Won't mention how much I paid for hers, but Liz's pair run about $1400 stateside. Can't imagine how much they cost in Colombia...IF SHE HAD EVEN BOUGHT THEM THERE. Turns out Liz had lived in Spain for a few years, had been to Egypt, France, Germany, Japan, and China. Also studied in Miami for a while in her teens. I couldn't help but ask about her family. Father was a factory working in Buenaventura, mother was a Paisa Housewife. The money questions soon followed. Then I start to find out about her ex's. You read that correctly gentlemen. Ex's...plural on the "Ex." Little Ms. Liz has dated some very "financially stable" men in her lifetime. One a lawyer from Miami, another an oil tycoon from Texas. Another a very successful architect from Spain. She also had a picture with Ryan Leslie. I'm sure no one knows who that is here but he's a pretty successful music producer. When I asked was he also an ex, she told me, "era complicado" and smiled.

She made it a point to mention all the things these guys bought her, the trips she had taken, showing me tons of photos. I appreciated her candidness. She laid her cards out on the table without completely showing me her hand, so to speak. I was getting the message. "I'm a gorgeous, fun, devoted girlfriend, but I cost....bigtime." We sat and talked until about 11 p.m. I had fun. I think she knew from my expressions while she was talking about the lifestyle she was accostumed to that I wasn't going to contact her again. I paid the bar tab and walked her out to catch a cab. She gave me a warm hug and kiss on the cheek before she got in and asked me when I was leaving Bogota. I told her. She told me to give her a call the next time I was in town. I told her, "por supuesto!"

I looked for her profile when I got back to the states to see her pictures one more time but it appears she has removed it. I find myself searching for it every time I'm on CC since I've returned. I've also been asking myself, "What about my profile would make a woman think I'm rich?" The picture with a tie? Mentioning of a love for nice clothes and gourmet food? Dunno. I got an email from her right before I started this thread with one simple message: "Llegastes bien?"

Offline beginthebeguin

• WOVO - is a go
  • Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Prepago al Maximo
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 01:08:32 PM »
I've got one word: "Run!".   ;)
"Any club that would have me as a member I wouldn't want to join." - G. Marx,  not Karl

"Now children all colombianas you meet on the internet are bad. Muukay". - Mr. Makey

Offline z_k_g

• Gimingaw ko sa akong uyab!
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 01:37:46 PM »
Nice!  ;)

Zulu
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 01:37:46 PM »

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 01:39:45 PM »
holy krap!!!!!!   thats sounds just like a girl i met in medellin 2 years ago, too damm funny!!!!!!  :o

when i met her, first thoughts were " noooooo wayyyyyy, this girl is hot!!!! " then it all fell into place and i put it all together, she was a "long term prepago" man was i was bumbed out, oh well ;)

good story though

Offline benjio

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 01:47:08 PM »
holy krap!!!!!!   thats sounds just like a girl i met in medellin 2 years ago, too damm funny!!!!!!  :o

when i met her, first thoughts were " noooooo wayyyyyy, this girl is hot!!!! " then it all fell into place and i put it all together, she was a "long term prepago" man was i was bumbed out, oh well ;)

good story though

Mudd,

I know this sounds horrible, and I'm definitely not this kind of guy. But if I were a millionaire, I probably would have explored the option. Physically, I can only think of maybe a dozen women I've seen in my entire life that could even begin to compare.

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 01:49:03 PM »
Not only Philippines or Thailand have ladyboys, Colombia do.....  :D

Offline InnocentVixen

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 02:09:18 PM »
I think it's good this woman was so open and sincere, the fact that she has expensive tastes and that she is beautiful shouldn't be held against her, is not like she asked for money, I say thumbs up for not being afraid of showing what she has to offer and not hiding what she is after.

Dear Benjio, you shouldn't let her intimidate you or think less of yourself for considering this lady, you seem to have pretty good tastes yourself, you are educated and overall you sound like a pretty good catch for anyone to me, so as long as you were open and made it clear you are not a millionaire, if she doesn't mind, why should you? you never know until you try. Then again if it was only the looks what she had going for herself as great as she was then she might not be a keeper, but maybe there is more in there.

Just think of all those guys back in the states that think they can't get anything else other than some old, overweight, nagging feminist woman... works the same everywhere, is not like all foreigners can only get a young, somewhat cute, somewhat sexy dirt poor uneducated latina, they CAN do better and that girl CAN be sincere even if you think she might be too good to be true...

Offline benjio

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 02:18:58 PM »
I think it's good this woman was so open and sincere, the fact that she has expensive tastes and that she is beautiful shouldn't be held against her, is not like she asked for money, I say thumbs up for not being afraid of showing what she has to offer and not hiding what she is after.

Dear Benjio, you shouldn't let her intimidate you or think less of yourself for considering this lady, you seem to have pretty good tastes yourself, you are educated and overall you sound like a pretty good catch for anyone to me, so as long as you were open and made it clear you are not a millionaire, if she doesn't mind, why should you? you never know until you try. Then again if it was only the looks what she had going for herself as great as she was then she might not be a keeper, but maybe there is more in there.

Just think of all those guys back in the states that think they can't get anything else other than some old, overweight, nagging feminist woman... works the same everywhere, is not like all foreigners can only get a young, somewhat cute, somewhat sexy dirt poor uneducated latina, they CAN do better and that girl CAN be sincere even if you think she might be too good to be true...

I agree IV. I've never had a problem with expensive women, just those that hide their expensive taste behind "sick grandmothers." I didn't see her as being out of my league per se. In the end, I just couldn't afford her, and I knew that. Outside of the money issue, I had the funnest date I've had in months, and with one of the most beautiful women on Earth handsdown. To be honest, I've never met a Colombiana IN Colombia that had traveled the world, and that life experience mixed with her intelligence made for a very enjoyable conversation.

So yeah, moral of the story...I need to win the lottery or something. ;D

Offline dennislevy

• pick a realistic goal and do it.
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 02:31:50 PM »
benjio

At any time before you met Liz, did you tell her or write her the name of your hotel, where you would be staying?  I assume was an upper end hotel and THAT might have been enough for her to fit you into her schedule and qualify you as a potential prospect for mantenance...

LOVE your writing style. jejejeje

Cuidate
Dennis
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 03:10:54 PM by dennislevy »

Offline Micky

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 02:32:40 PM »
"Not only Philippines or Thailand have ladyboys, Colombia do..... " - Gato

WTF does that mean?

BenJ - You know that I am here if you need back up!  -  Micky
Don't crap on my 2 yard line!

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 03:44:06 PM »
"Not only Philippines or Thailand have ladyboys, Colombia do..... " - Gato

WTF does that mean?

BenJ - You know that I am here if you need back up!  -  Micky

I was only joking as she could have been a ladyboy  ;D

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 03:47:22 PM »

So yeah, moral of the story...I need to win the lottery or something. ;D

Start your own business!!

Offline benjio

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 04:27:41 PM »

Start your own business!!

I own a business. Doesn't pay me half as much as my job and I'm never in the states long enough to seriously help it grow. I've considered rolling the dice and doing my own thing full time, but I've never been much of a gambler. Walking away from what I earn from my 9-5 job would be madness in this economy.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 04:27:41 PM »

Offline JimD

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2011, 05:13:15 PM »
Entertaining account. So she lived in Houston for a year. That means somebody married her or she went a-wall on a fiance visa. Who was it? Being Houston one supposes the oil tycoon but could just as easily have been some un mentioned schmuck. And is the idea that one of her "rich" boyfriends flew her around the world or was it the husband?  Either way I think it's true that Colombians can get visas pretty easily to enter Spain, Egypt and Japan but Germany and France are a different story. The burning question is why is she back in Colombia. And a final question: what part of her story do you believe? 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 08:06:41 PM by JimD »
Esposa y mosa vida hermosa

Offline whitey

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2011, 06:08:10 PM »
Great story as always Benjio.

Maybe you need to change your profile pic on CC though ...

Hablo espanolo mucho bieno!

Offline pablito

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2011, 07:34:21 PM »
Great story Benjio, sounds like picking up the tab was money well spent.  I think you're attitude is good too.  It sounds like she was pretty upfront with the deal, which is more than you can say about a number of relationships.

Even at $1,400 a pair for boots, I could have bought a heckuva lot of loving for what I paid for my divorce, and I still have to pay when issues come up.  More than I got from my ex, that's for sure.  And I am far from rich.  Quite frankly if you had the money her offer probably has less risk and cost associated with it than finding out you married a gold-digger.  And you could probably count on her to keep her end of the bargain,  ;D .

Offline beginthebeguin

• WOVO - is a go
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2011, 07:48:11 PM »
Don't forget Senor Cabaeza de Pata!!!

"Any club that would have me as a member I wouldn't want to join." - G. Marx,  not Karl

"Now children all colombianas you meet on the internet are bad. Muukay". - Mr. Makey

Offline Traveler

• Chiang Mai, Thailand
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2011, 07:55:14 PM »
Overall it is very hard to get visas to Schengen countries, including Spain, and the selectivity is relatively unifrom.  I can see certain countries making entry more difficult, usually for political reasons, but not easier.  She probably married somebody there or had to show a whole lot of money in the bank, or she has already traveled to the US and returned back, so they saw her as a low risk and a potential boon to the economy - upper classes in Latin America spend a lot of money shopping when they travel.

Egypt is not difficult to get a visa to because who would want to overstay a visa in Egypt?  Of all the places I have been to, it easily qualified as the least appealing country to relocate to  :)  - and that was before the unrest there.

Offline Deseo

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2011, 08:57:43 PM »
Great story Benjio, including the details like the Colombian bartender's reaction.

Tatiana Ramos is one hot looking lady.  Here's some photos in case any one is interested.

http://hiddentreasuresmag.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=375:gem-of-the-week-tatiana-ramos&catid=59:spotlight&Itemid=29

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2011, 09:12:03 PM »
The burning question is why is she back in Colombia. And a final question: what part of her story do you believe?

I was thinking the exact along the same lines.

Zulu
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2011, 10:14:18 PM »

as long as you know going in, its all about the $$$$ and once its gone, she is gone, then might as well have fun with it and enjoy the ride  ;)

Offline maritime04

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2011, 10:19:16 PM »
good story, i have ment soooo many questionable women like that in Colombia,.......... but you know who you are dealing with, its easy to spot.

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2011, 10:25:30 PM »
good story, i have ment soooo many questionable women like that in Colombia,.......... but you know who you are dealing with, its easy to spot.

Maritime,

Seems a bit discouraging to always be faced with women with such a predatory and single minded attitude. 

If you are looking for a relationship you always are watching your back (and wallet).

Is that mostly in the big cities or generally all over Colombia?

Zulu

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2011, 10:25:30 PM »

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2011, 11:00:38 PM »

I agree with IV on this one.Kudos to the woman for being up front with what she is looking for.Believe it or not there are guys with plenty of cash out there looking for such an arrangement.

Bogota is not much different than other big cities in countries like Colombia. There is alot of activity there so many people move there to find work or scratch out a living with their own business.Bogota reminds me somewhat of Mexico City in that regard and of the women also.There are attractive women there but you won't likely notice right off for a couple of reasons.First, there are more opportunities there so many women, like the men, are either busy studying in a college or working...sometimes both.So they don't have time to hang out in the street.

Second, if you check Bogota pretty much makes alot of top 10 lists of most dangerous cities in the world.My inlaws seem to get robbed on the street once every few months.Not long ago my sister-in-law was robbed while waiting for a bus in broad day light.A man came up to her, punched her in the face and took her purse. Oh yeah and she was visibly pregnant at the time.So it isn't exactly safe to the be hanging out and about.

Bogota isn't as easy to peg as other cities in Colombia it's not one of my most favorite places to visit but then when I went there I wasn't exactly looking for a spot to vacation.

Researcher
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline maritime04

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2011, 03:34:10 AM »
Bogota is huge in terms of space and people, large city.

Zulu not at all discouraging becuase those types of girls are easy too spot, and if you listen to them talk you can see what they are looking for. Those types of gals go where the money is, so they will be in the bigger cities, like bogota, Medellin, Cali its where the guys with big wallets live.

Ive Been on plenty of dates with women whom out classed me, IE they wanted guys who earned more money and honestly other there physical appeal i wasnt that intrested in them either.

Its a really good find, if you can catch one down on her luck, in between boyfriends  :) :) :) :) :) , they do after all have bills to pay.....................This post is acurately labled

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 178