It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Topic gear more for average guys (not players) regarding physical looks  (Read 18771 times)

Offline vallenatoman

So for some of u regular guys (not the players).

When you went to colombia to meet your ladies (Example Eufor in December, whitey, others as well)

How much do you really think physical looks went into your final attraction between you.

I mean everyone cant be brad pit models.

Alot of pics on here i have seen people look like regular people not necessarily pruned models.

FROM REAL 1st hand CURRENT experience or within a few years experience:

Do you feel your laddies judged you for you.....or more for your looks? or money?

Did you judge your ladies more for inside/overall or her looks?

Because you know i have heard 2 very polar things about colombians :

They are image oriented and shallow and look for looks and then

The women look inside and dont care about age and loooks.... hell this is even on websites even jaimies to an an extent,

Im curious. its not an easy topic necessarily...but share your feelings.

Offline euforia51

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Topic gear more for average guys (not players) regarding physical looks
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 10:26:59 PM »
How much do you really think physical looks went into your final attraction between you.
Oh maybe a little...

Alot of pics on here i have seen people look like regular people not necessarily pruned models.
Jeans and t-shirts ... all day long

FROM REAL 1st hand CURRENT experience or within a few years experience:

Do you feel your laddies judged you for you.....or more for your looks? or money?
Maybe a little for the looks but more importantly to make sure I could stand upright, walk without a limp, and didn't stink.
Money? No ... I had enough to get there and stay, didn't I?

Looks first, personality second. Looks will fade later on so the personality (inside) better stick. Nature designed men this way.

The women look inside and dont care about age and loooks.... hell this is even on websites even jaimies to an an extent,

Welcome back vallenatoman ... haven't seen you around in a while.

A wise man once said, deep down a good woman could really care less about your looks and especially how much money you have. They ultimately only care about one thing: and that is how you make them feel.

When you make your visit, of course you need to be presentable but dress in what makes you comfortable, confident, and in clothes that suit you.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 10:30:23 PM by euforia51 »

Offline piglett

• your porkness
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 10:52:08 PM »

When you make your visit, of course you need to be presentable but dress in what makes you comfortable, confident, and in clothes that suit you.
PM Dave, maybe he still remembers where he got his purple G-string
it's always a big hit with the ladies.  ;D :D ;D

piglett
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 10:52:08 PM »

Offline whitey

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 05:33:10 PM »
I mean everyone cant be brad pit models.

Well, you can see my picture ... I'm no Brad Pitt.  I'm 48 now, starting to lose the hair on top, but in decent shape (no fat ... ok, about 3lbs I like to get rid of around the waist).

I believe she judges me on the entire package.  Looks would be further down on her list as I'm only average looking.  But I think all women judge you to some extent on your ability to provide a stable home environment (i.e. money) ... nothing wrong with that ... it's built into the DNA.

I earn a reasonably good salary, but she had no idea how much I made.  I don't talk about material things and I don't flash - these things don't mean a whole lot to me.  I spend most of my disposable cash traveling to Colombia several times per year.

A few days ago we were talking about her learning how to drive when she comes to Canada, then she asked me what my car looked like.  We've been together for 3 years now and I just realized I've never sent her a picture of it, or talked about it.

I believe the reasons she's attracted to me are that I'm honest, faithful, affectionate, stable, enjoy and respect her language and culture, etc.

Boobs!  That's all that matters!

But seriously folks, for me Nazly is beautiful both inside and out, so there was no need to judge either way. 

I just spent several weeks down in Barranquilla, and there are beautiful women everywhere.  After the first couple weeks, it just became normal and it would take a stunning woman to really make me notice.  But now that I'm back here in Canada, it's incredible how old, ugly, pale, and sick everyone looks right now in the middle of winter and flu season.

I would never marry a woman for looks, but she needs to be attractive, and for me, that's mostly something I have to see in her face. 

Nazly is incredibly beautiful inside: honest, very loving and affectionate, family oriented, calm, not jealous, punctual, hard-working, non-material and smart with money (she has her own house), educated, religious without being zealous, etc, etc.

Im curious. its not an easy topic necessarily...but share your feelings.

Both things are true. Some colombianas are image oriented and shallow, and some aren't.  You just have to pick the right women, and you'll find plenty of good ones (as I always say, ad nauseum). 

Certainly Colombia is a much more beauty oriented society, but that's mostly a standard for the women to live up to.  I don't think the men are very good looking, especially on the coast.  In fact it amazes me how they produce such beautiful women.  Most of the guys I see on the coast are starting to get pretty overweight by the time they get in their 30's.
Hablo espanolo mucho bieno!

Offline euforia51

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 05:56:53 PM »
Well, you can see my picture ... I'm no Brad Pitt.  I'm 48 now, starting to lose the hair on top, but in decent shape (no fat ... ok, about 3lbs I like to get rid of around the waist).
3lbs, whitey? This is hardly worth the effort.

I believe she judges me on the entire package.  Looks would be further down on her list as I'm only average looking.  But I think all women judge you to some extent on your ability to provide a stable home environment (i.e. money) ... nothing wrong with that ... it's built into the DNA.
Agree here. Of course this depends on the kind of relationship she is looking for. I stated earlier, a woman is looking for how you make her feel. This is most important in the case just a fling, for example. In whitey's case, (and also mine) his woman is looking for the whole package of stability and also how he makes her feel.

I earn a reasonably good salary, but she had no idea how much I made.  I don't talk about material things and I don't flash - these things don't mean a whole lot to me.  
And these things don't mean a lot to a woman either. Typically, men screw themselves royally by flaunting their money and fancy clothes and cars. A shallow woman will play for a while until she gets bored. And a good woman will steer clear...

Boobs!  That's all that matters!
Colombia isn't one of the most "enhanced" countries in the world for nothing!

Certainly Colombia is a much more beauty oriented society, but that's mostly a standard for the women to live up to. ...  
It's actually true all over in many countries.

In fact it amazes me how they produce such beautiful women.
No kidding! My guess is it's something in the water ... at least in Medellin.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 09:39:29 PM by euforia51 »

Offline vallenatoman

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 08:51:42 PM »
Good responses.

Well i wouldnt call myself model but im ok looking guy. Pretty energetic.

But i dont judge on looks first most of the time...i really do look at the whole package as whitey says....as long as a lady meets some minimum attributes.

I know i tend to judge alittle more on looks than i should but im not shallow by ANY means. Average looks is fine for me in a womans or above.

Im not saying what im about to say because shes POPULAR now. I really thought shakira was cute even back in the mid 1990s and liked her :) she set a standard for colombian girls for me for a long time but i broadened my view after learning more about colombian ladies.

But i like shakiras personality kinda loca but shes smart. i like that type of colombian girl. shes very energetic , lightbrown skin but CAFE, love her with black hair better.

I want a girl who is a mix of energetic likes dancing and such but has some ambition.

Shakira is from BArranquilla as well.

I do like a range of course -- from cafe to darkish brown skin.

I know shakira is never gonna happen lol but man if i could finda girl similar in barranquilla wow id have  adream!

But  iwant a colombian lady whose fun to be around and talk to but knows when to get serious too.

ANyone else chime in on this?

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 09:29:14 PM »
With the exception of lacking women with naturally non brown eyes, I think I've seen babes in the Philippines that were as cute and in fact resembled pretty much anything I've seen coming out of Colombia, or even South and Central America in general.

From woman with pale, milky white skin and eyes like black diamonds, with waves of brown to black hair, looking like Spaniard royalty with their equine noses, to gals of light tan to darkish skin, with curly to straight hair, noses of all shapes and eyes ranging from Chinese looking to round as saucers, there's just an incredible variety of beauty over there.

The mix of pure Asian with Spanish and Indo Malay bloodlines produces some real stunners. No wonder the Ms. Philippines contestants have taken far more "Most Photogenic" top prizes in major international beauty contests than any other nation.

Just to walk around the malls or along a busy city street, is an eye opening experience.

All that and very little 'attitude' makes for a heady mix.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline euforia51

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 09:41:34 PM »
From woman with pale, milky white skin and eyes like black diamonds, with waves of brown to black hair, looking like Spaniard royalty with their equine noses, to gals of light tan to darkish skin, with curly to straight hair, noses of all shapes and eyes ranging from Chinese looking to round as saucers, there's just an incredible variety of beauty over there.
Damn robert ... you should be a romance novelist!

I know i tend to judge alittle more on looks than i should but im not shallow by ANY means. Average looks is fine for me in a womans or above.
Man, don't shame yourself and think you're shallow over the looks thing. It is the very first thing men take notice of by design. Why do you think women are ga-ga over cosmetics and fashion in general? And in Colombia, I think you'll probably see more boob jobs than anywhere else you may have been. Think about it. Typically, men are smitten with physical beauty in women. And yeah, I'd also like to hear from a few others. Researcher? UC? Gato? Kontra?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 09:56:28 PM by euforia51 »

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 11:13:57 PM »

You don't have to be a "Brad Pitt" look alike to do well with the Ladies in Colombia.As a matter of fact I'd say get ready for a whole different experience than here in the US.Women there are held to a much higher standard of beauty than here.One thing I will add is that you should try to put your best foot forward.It will pay off.Hit the gym if you can and keep clean shaven.You don't have to wear a suit and tie but try and dress neat.

Now, myself? I never worried about how I looked.Why? because I don't have to look at me! hehehe....just kidding.

Researcher
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 04:58:51 AM by Researcher »
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Woody

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 01:43:01 AM »
Man, don't shame yourself and think you're shallow over the looks thing. It is the very first thing men take notice of by design. Why do you think women are ga-ga over cosmetics and fashion in general? And in Colombia, I think you'll probably see more boob jobs than anywhere else you may have been. Think about it. Typically, men are smitten with physical beauty in women

Yup. Call me shallow, I call it being honest.

Here is my process on the dating sites:
1. Education/Age/Lack of children on the search filter
2. Initial looks from the small image(gets added to favorites) (Maybe 1 out of 20, was more like 1/10 for Latinas)
3. Second review, look at bigger pics to see if there is anything that says, nah to me.(nah = removed from favorites) (Maybe 1 out of 3)
4. Third review, read profile for any flags (About half)
5. Final tier: wait a day before sending interest and email. See if I still feel like she has potential tomorrow. (2/3)

Lets see, so out of 1000 profiles I look at, I end up with 2 or 3 I feel like emailing.

Fortunately, the woman I have been emailing back and forth for the past two weeks has been completely worth it. Ya know that perfect woman I described(sports, outdoors, photography, travel, love of learning, mellow and calm yet active, articulate, etc) a year ago? Well, so far she is a dead ringer. I don't yet know about cooking, but that is minor. She ain't a model, but she is a cutie, fo sho.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 01:44:53 AM by Woody »

Offline AndyLee

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 04:01:48 AM »
My experience is similar to Woody's......lots of looking then re-looking before contacting. I look for something special in the profile photo, not necessarily outstanding beauty. even an average looking woman can excite my interest if she has that special look of intelligence, self confidence, poise. My first scan looks at profile photo, age group, education, children, employment status and astrological sign. I do not look at profiles without pictures. I don't continue looking at the profile if the photo doesn't attract me or if the lady looks overweight. I am an ex-fat man and an ex-smoker I do not like to hang out with fat people or people who smoke.
I'm older, average looking, good communication skills, decent sort of guy.
I did an exercise two years ago in the US with Match.com. I reviewed 2000 women's profiles in DC region and selected 176 on the first scan. The next day I studied the 176 and eliminated half. Then I sent out winks to see what would happen. In the next 30 days I got 6 replies, none of which turned into a real conversation. So much for my success with American dating site.
Then I went on Colombian Cupid and did a search within 100 kms of my location near Pereira. That turned up 250 women's profiles I liked that were in my age group. The first day I selected 75 I found interesting. The second day I eliminated half of those. Then began either sending winks or intro letters to the 35 I found most interesting.
Over the course of a month I corresponded with 20 of them and chose to meet three of them. The three I met are all good choices and I am now exclusively corresponding with my top choice.
If you are unhappy change something. Quit your job. Move. Leave your miserable relationship. Stop making excuses. You are in control.

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 04:59:11 AM »
As some have commented, for guys it's always about looks first. In fact even now, every so often I'll look at my wife and think how cute she is. However hot chicks are a dime a dozen in Colombia and it's got to be about something more than looks for more than a momentary attraction to develop. The longer I knew my wife and learned more about her and interacted with her, the more attractive she became because her personality was just as cute as her exterior. In spite of a couple of personal tragedies (her father's and husband's early deaths) she was (and is) the happiest person I know.

Offline Dave H

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 07:34:55 AM »
PM Dave, maybe he still remembers where he got his purple G-string
it's always a big hit with the ladies.  ;D :D ;D

piglett

"Ol' Purple"...Sports Authority.

Dave
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 07:37:23 AM by Dave H »
The developmentally disabled madman!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 07:34:55 AM »

Offline Dave H

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2011, 08:04:25 AM »

Just to walk around the malls or along a busy city street, is an eye opening experience.

"I know nothing–NOTHING!"  ::)

Offline Dave H

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2011, 08:11:58 AM »

Then I went on Colombian Cupid and did a search within 100 kms of my location near Pereira. That turned up 250 women's profiles I liked that were in my age group. The first day I selected 75 I found interesting. The second day I eliminated half of those. Then began either sending winks or intro letters to the 35 I found most interesting.
Over the course of a month I corresponded with 20 of them and chose to meet three of them. The three I met are all good choices and I am now exclusively corresponding with my top choice.

Hey AndyLee,

If you haven't done so already, I would suggest that you try to determine if she is in the US legally. I have a number of friends in the US (including Latinos) who have been burned by foreign ladies (from various countries) trying to legalize their immigration status!

Dave

Offline whitey

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2011, 09:10:22 AM »
However hot chicks are a dime a dozen in Colombia and it's got to be about something more than looks for more than a momentary attraction to develop.

So true!  Good looks in Colombia are really just a minimum qualification ...
Hablo espanolo mucho bieno!

Offline Woody

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2011, 10:26:44 AM »
Hey AndyLee,

If you haven't done so already, I would suggest that you try to determine if she is in the US legally. I have a number of friends in the US (including Latinos) who have been burned by foreign ladies (from various countries) trying to legalize their immigration status!

Dave

Don't worry, Dave. His location(Pereira) is in Colombia.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2011, 12:22:56 PM »
It's almost impossible, with all the lovely ladies with pictures on sites, not to give first preference to those who 'catch the eye'--the really pretty ones. It only seems human and natural given that we're guys and the way things have worked out in our respective nations. It all falls in with what we learned back in 'bad dog school'.

That said, I still contacted some height--weight proportionate ladies with NO pictures on their profiles, because they seemed to match what I thought I was looking for.

I think it's especially a good idea if they are (you think) 'new' to having an online profile and have a high profile number.

That way, you kind of have the first shot at these ladies. I agree that the 'glamour shots' should definitely be avoided. I also note some women will have 3 or 4 pictures of themselves in different hotel rooms. or standing/sitting in front of well stocked bars. These are generally not good signs, unless they're executive/owner/operators of said establishments, in which case, they don't really need our sorry ass anyway. Same thing when she has three different bathing suits in as many pictures, at different resorts or has an awful lot of lingerie.

I am very fortunate in that my wife just had a single photograph that a mutual friend sent to me. We chatted for years after that, each seeing other people and we even had our own profiles, looking elsewhere. We were just 'friends'--as after seeing her on cam, I thought "OMG--she's so pretty, young and well educated--I't be asking for too much".

Boy am I glad she still used that almost homely old picture later on too, because if anyone ever had posted a picture that showed her as half as pretty as she really is, a whole lot more guys would've pursued her. Probably a pretty rare thing these days.

I guess the moral of the story is "There are many diamonds in the rough--you just have to look a little harder, take more time and dig a little deeper" And maybe give higher priority to the newer profiles.

Offline vallenatoman

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2011, 02:33:11 PM »
You know....

with all you guys talking about Phillipines and supposed beautiful good women there and having similarities to colombia i have been almost thinking of looking into the phillipines as well.

Woody -- i think you started a phillipines search extravaganza -- what do you think so far be fully honest?

Is it worth it..... can you give a mini-ALPHA report (kinda like you did with your colombia trip) that documents your PRE-trip search that you are doing now?

Robert can you chime in any specific advice for someone switching froim "colombia" search to "phillipines" searches? whats difference? how do you proceed with ladies there as far as relationships (fast, slow etc etc).

Honestly....i have my heart set on a colombian wife and life style (well HALF colombia half american style).

But i havent ruled out something similar but good....even phillipines have spanish names so that must mean soemthing :)

are they mixed with spanish ancestors i guess.

I just would not want to "GIVE UP" on colombia yet since i  havent  really done my search but i might for the first time loook over a PHILIPINE site...

What is a good website tahts not a scam for phillipinas (Woody, Robert? anyone?)

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2011, 03:15:03 PM »
Hey Val,

I have never pursued Colombianas and I really don't know enough to compare and contrast. The Spanish influence is so strong in the Philippines, that in some places, if you speak and understand Spanish passably, you can get by. Not too many places, but in some.

Throughout the 7000 Island (about 800 islands with significant populations) the standard greeting is 'kumusta ka/po' , so you can see right there, there's similarities in language throughout the islands, more or less.

And as said, there's a lot of Spanish looking babes. My wife's parents moved from Bohol to Compostela Valley (Davao Region), which is sometimes referred to as "New Spain'.

Websites? What used to be Filipina heart is now Filipina Cupid -- I guess there's ColombianCupic etc--probably Polish Cupid by now. I guess the other biggie is Blossoms.com was (Cherry Blossoms) and I hear some guys talking up DateinAsia--not sure if that one's free. The way all that and the internet runs, is way different than even five years ago, so don't lean too heavily on my references there.

However, you said:

>>Honestly....i have my heart set on a colombian wife and life style (well HALF colombia half american style).<<

I think you should follow your heart always. Keep a sharp and open mind to what's out there. but lead with brain, as you follow your heart.

And don't get TOO fixated on getting a total ten point fox. Those points aren't gonna last as long as your marriage hopefully will,and the hotter they are, typically the higher maintenance.

Be careful what you wish for. I'm not into taming any lions, and having three Hispanic Aunts growing up and dating some Latino gals, told me that the typically more easy going and accepting, forgiving Filipina mindset was a better match for me. I'm no saint, and I'm glad my wife rarely stays pissed with me more than a day, although she has a great memory. Some Latino girls I know never let crap go--the dramas went on forever.

Don't get me wrong though--there are some Filipinas that can spit fire as much as any Colombiana, I'm sure. There are also some very cosmopolitan women there, particularly in the major cities.

I'm sure Woody's not the first guy to change his focus from S. America to the Philippines, but I couldn't think of a better fellow to describe the overall experience in 30 words or less. The guy doesn't mince words and I think if possible, following his posts might be helpful.

Dave H has been there and back and has probably forgotten more than I'll ever know about Latinos and Filipinas, culture, etc.

There's no reason early in the game to pick one place completely over another--I'd look at the whole world, narrow it down to one hemisphere and then down from a handful of women, to the ONE you choose to bet your bankroll on and then go see her live, in living color, taking in not only what she's like, but her culture, family and the quality of the friends she keeps around her as well...

At least one regular poster here is weighing Japan against the Philippines and I think they're two very different places.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 03:34:54 PM by robert angel »

Offline euforia51

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2011, 05:42:05 PM »
You didn't ask but I'll say a word or two anyway. As well as the excellent suggestions Robert gave you to consider, you may also want to consider logistics if you're thinking of choosing a country. For example, consider if Colombia is closer to where you are than the Phillipines. I can reach Colombia in less than 12 hours with two flights, start to finish from where I am. The Phillipines, I don't know, 24 hours maybe? How many times could you make a visit in a given period if you wanted or had to? Is it feasible to make multiple trips to one place or another to visit your girl? Obviously, there are way more important things to consider ... this is just one more little piece.

Offline AndyLee

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2011, 05:56:24 PM »
euforia has a good point there....don't overlook the geographic accessibility. When I chose Colombia (over Ukraine) it was because of a 5 hour flight instead of a 15 hour flight. At one point I considered going on a "tour". The tour for Ukraine was $4000US and the tour for Colombia was $1500. Those were some of the things I thought about when I chose Colombia.
Another reason I chose Colombia is the in-country geography. I can live at sea level or at 8,000 feet elevation or any point in between to find the climate that is perfect for me. My personal comfort zone in colombia is give or take 5,000 feet elevation where the weather is eternal spring (think May in Maryland).
If you are unhappy change something. Quit your job. Move. Leave your miserable relationship. Stop making excuses. You are in control.

Offline JimD

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2011, 06:48:07 PM »
Generally there is more temperature variation during a twenty four hour period than over the course of months in Colombia. Average temperture is directly related to altitude dropping .6 degrees C for every one hundred meter increase in altitude. If you set a baseline of say 28 degrees C for Cali which is at an elevation of one thousand meters you can predict the temperature of any location in the country if you know it´s altitude. At 1524m (5000 ft) you would indeed have warm springlike temperatures.
Esposa y mosa vida hermosa

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2011, 06:48:07 PM »

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2011, 06:50:35 PM »
If you are looking for a lady whose say that looks isn't important, then why do you find a good-looking woman ????  ;D  That's the real question!!

I hate to say this, but 'looks' do play important part in the relationships, depending on women.

If you are not a very good-looking man and you haven't got much money, will you be very successful with hot/beautiful woman?   It shows that money also play important part in the relationships!

Offline JimD

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2011, 07:01:53 PM »
If you are not a very good-looking man and you haven't got much money, will you be very successful with hot/beautiful woman?  It shows that money also play important part in the relationships!

Gato well said. It plays a very important role in Colombia.
Esposa y mosa vida hermosa

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864