It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Medical for visa application  (Read 1315 times)

Gato4Astrid

Medical for visa application
« on: May 24, 2011, 10:51:22 AM »
 In other topic, on a posting Osa wrote that he didn't know the Colombian girls needed to get medical for going to other countries.  Neither do I.

I would like to know what medical is for?  Is it to check for HIV, or to check everything other than HIV too?

Offline michaelb

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Medical for visa application
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 11:43:38 AM »
Probably varies by the country they are intending to enter, I would think. They need one to come to the US as a fiancee or spouse (not sure, but think not as a tourist or student, but then those visas are hard to get for other reasons). Note that the US does this to spouses and fiancees from ALL countries, not just Colombia.

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 06:40:57 PM »
Yes - it is to check for communicable diseases. Tuberculosis, black plague, leprosy, smallpox, yellow fever, polio, and more, including HIV. It's to make sure the diseases are treated before the immigrant infects the local population where they end up. There were doctors and a quarantine/ treatment center at Ellis Island when shiploads of immigrants were coming from Europe over 100 years ago, so it's not some new hurdle the evil feminists have thrown up. I'd wager the UK has a very similar requirement - Japan sure does.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 06:40:57 PM »

Offline no comment

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 09:49:36 PM »
How maddening it is to see the hypocrisy in the contrast between theory and reality.  Jeff correctly points out the reason for the medical exam, and yet millions have come to the USA without having gone through any medical screening. 
My Peruvian wife took the exam with a choice of two doctors specified by the State Dept.  What a racket for these doctors... they get a steady flow of customers plus they can require certain vaccinations and profit even more.  This was our experience and one I've heard from another couple.  My wife had a certain vaccination but the doctor wanted a "booster" and the high fee that came with it.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 10:50:03 PM »
How maddening it is to see the hypocrisy in the contrast between theory and reality.  Jeff correctly points out the reason for the medical exam, and yet millions have come to the USA without having gone through any medical screening. 
My Peruvian wife took the exam with a choice of two doctors specified by the State Dept.  What a racket for these doctors... they get a steady flow of customers plus they can require certain vaccinations and profit even more.  This was our experience and one I've heard from another couple.  My wife had a certain vaccination but the doctor wanted a "booster" and the high fee that came with it.

NC, I’ve concluded a while back that many rules are only for us suckers…I play by them when it suits me.

Our govt. incentivizes bad behavior too, as evidenced by the 20 million here illegally and living off of various forms of govt. assistance.

Fathertime! 
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 12:14:41 AM »

I have to agree it is insane.All the hoops that are required to legally enter this country are so important yet the government won't seal the border.Crazy stuff but according to Obama we need those illegals to work for scratch so we can stay competitive in the world economy...hehehe....I wish he would make up his mind which side of the fence he is on!

Researcher
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5874
Latest: BillyGeots
New This Month: 3
New This Week: 2
New Today: 1
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 206