It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: baby shower and the virus  (Read 932 times)

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
baby shower and the virus
« on: October 04, 2020, 12:21:09 PM »
so went to a baby shower last night. about 20 people,  most wearing masks that dont work. talking to the soon to be father, told me that two  employees now have it from his work...... and in the family on the mothers side, in the party,  4 people had contacted the virus.   two  just had few symptoms, fever, headache and after a week or so gone. the 3rd, went into the hospital, tube down lungs, almost died. released after losing 10 kilos and still cant smell or taste food and half lung capacity. 4th died.  the virus is alive and well in medellin. be careful, clean your hands often

Offline Elexpatriado

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Re: baby shower and the virus
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 01:20:11 PM »
So why do you go to those things? I sure wouldnt.

The masks really dont work so good so best to keep your social bubble real small..
And keep distance from people.

Social distance is most important thing. Density of virus in the atmosphere varies roughly  by the inverse of the distance from.the source cubed.

Look your president .he got it

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2020, 03:33:35 PM »
so went to a baby shower last night. about 20 people,  most wearing masks that dont work. talking to the soon to be father, told me that two  employees now have it from his work...... and in the family on the mothers side, in the party,  4 people had contacted the virus.   two  just had few symptoms, fever, headache and after a week or so gone. the 3rd, went into the hospital, tube down lungs, almost died. released after losing 10 kilos and still cant smell or taste food and half lung capacity. 4th died.  the virus is alive and well in medellin. be careful, clean your hands often

I'm just saying a prayer for ya'll--really. So many stories, circles etc. It's hard to totally isolate. Real life just sees us, here in the pretty wide open USA, moving around doing almost like 'the social distance dance' when in public (avoiding people) and wearing masks. But like today I was up front person to person, paying cash to rent bikes at a state park. Besides--you have to buy groceries, pizza...

But we try and stay away from high human density environments--bars, restaurants  etc. Even the mall--although we 'risk' running in for food court take out at a local mall occasionally. Calculated risk.

I get a vibe on this site and a bit in general, that people are resigned, that vaccine or no vaccine, like hell or high water, that this damn virus simply has to run - burn it's deadly course--that it really boils down to mathematics, as it in the meanwhile culls the weak and elderly from the species as a whole.

It has put a world of hurt pretty much everywhere. If you haven't had it, chances are you know some one who's had it or their family has it by now. Exponential math.

I always hated math.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2020, 03:33:35 PM »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats