It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Anyone know whatever happened to Single Father no more?  (Read 6189 times)

Offline steven73

• Probie
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Anyone know whatever happened to Single Father no more?
« on: February 18, 2013, 05:11:45 PM »
Haven't been here in a couple of years..  I was sorry to read about Dennis Levy..  I knew Dennis at Latin American Introductions.  Very sad..

Does anyone here remember "Single Father No More"??  I lost touch with him but last I had heard a couple of years ago, he was having some real problems in his new marriage at the time with his girl in Peru..  Anyone know if he worked it out with her or not??  I remember he had 2 kids and they had gone down there as well.. He was working there, got mugged, lost his job there etc..  Just wondering if he is still married to the woman or not? 

Been in a relationship for the past couple years so I have been completely out of the loop.. 

Regards,
Steve

Offline Fuzzyone

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Anyone know whatever happened to Single Father no more?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 09:57:12 AM »
 Steve

I would look back at old messages here and you will find your answer to where he disappeared to!

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 09:58:16 PM »
Yeah, it's in the archives, and it's not pretty.
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 09:58:16 PM »

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 10:35:48 AM »
who cares about SFNM!!!   

I was the ONLY person who thought something off with him, but no-one listened to me!!  I remembered how almost everyone joined SFNM to attack me!!!! 

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 02:17:49 PM »

I think he changed his handle to "Single Father Once Again" (SFOA)...

;D

Offline Fuzzyone

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 03:58:18 PM »
who cares about SFNM!!!   

I was the ONLY person who thought something off with him, but no-one listened to me!!  I remembered how almost everyone joined SFNM to attack me!!!!

Jesus not again the poor me story!

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 06:43:20 AM »

Jesus not again the poor me story!

It is not "poor me" story...... Just to prove that your all wrong about him!!!  I am happy about the outcome

Offline Fuzzyone

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2013, 10:22:13 PM »

It is not "poor me" story...... Just to prove that your all wrong about him!!!  I am happy about the outcome

There you go again.... YAWN

Offline Puchungo

• Probie
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 11:05:24 AM »
Haven't been here in a couple of years..  I was sorry to read about Dennis Levy..  I knew Dennis at Latin American Introductions.  Very sad..

Does anyone here remember "Single Father No More"??  I lost touch with him but last I had heard a couple of years ago, he was having some real problems in his new marriage at the time with his girl in Peru..  Anyone know if he worked it out with her or not??  I remember he had 2 kids and they had gone down there as well.. He was working there, got mugged, lost his job there etc..  Just wondering if he is still married to the woman or not? 

Been in a relationship for the past couple years so I have been completely out of the loop.. 

Regards,
Steve

Hi - Jeff Geauvreau Turner is living in Lima, in Surco.

He just joined a group in Facebook, in which I`m the administrator (Expatriates In Peru). His profile is Jeff GT.

He got robbed at Las Pizzas Street in Miraflores, last Saturday night.

Do you know more about him? Because he is (according to what he posted on Expatriates In Peru, few days ago) helping a stranded British woman in Lima.

He`s not married to the Peruvian woman. He`s dating another woman.

I`m a little bit concerned.

Dario
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 02:33:00 PM by Puchungo »

Offline Dan Las Vegas

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 08:07:41 PM »
I think he has been "robbed" more times than I have been to Colombia!

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 08:25:25 PM »
I think he's been on the not so 'Magical Mystery Tour' for quite some time now. And it sounds like he usually has room for company. I'm pretty sure if you look under 'members' you can read his posts and the threads they are in.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Cyprus

• Probie
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2020, 04:48:51 PM »
Anyone who is looking for him, and I have been, he is up to it again. He still owes me around $4k.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/repatriation-to-canada

Same great SF drama

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2020, 10:41:53 PM »
Anyone who is looking for him, and I have been, he is up to it again. He still owes me around $4k.

Same great SF drama

That guy has more twists than a bag of cheetos--but it's still the same old bag.... :o

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2020, 10:41:53 PM »

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2020, 11:12:45 AM »

Same great SF drama

I can think of a lot more worthy causes to spend my money..LOL

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2020, 02:07:22 PM »

Same great SF drama

This site used to provide a litany of scams and cons put down by people, mostly by women on green guys--guys ripe for the pickin. But here as has again been the case previously, guys obviously run their games also and probably do so more than we know.

Most of the time, if you can tell the victims ahead of time, they still end up suckered.

And the games are going on as much as ever, even evolving in scope and sophistication.

I've seen some people set a trap and wait a long time--even years, before 'setting the hook' and ripping someone off.

Have to confess that I've been--have spent some time in the 'sucker barrel' and that probably once a sucker that lable's always somewhere in you--'on you'--so the stigma never really goes away entirely..
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 08:47:10 PM by robert angel »

Offline Fuzzyone

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2020, 11:33:26 PM »
 Last time I tracked this scum bag down he was in Lima whoring his daughter out to become a model and of course he had to make sure he was in some of the photos. It was no surprise he was trying to get more money, the only problem is he could not use the excuse the Indians were after him still because they never gave a crap about him in the first start. There was a guy I don't know who he was but he kept a track on single father for several years but I think he just got tired of the pursuit and moved on!

Offline Fuzzyone

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2020, 11:50:10 PM »
 I took a quick look and here is what he is up to now, same old scam just redirected it to take advantage of other people down on there luck. https://www.facebook.com/hannahmarygt/photos/pcb.1658651610958302/1658651404291656/?type=3&theater

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2020, 06:45:42 PM »
Last time I tracked this scum bag down he was in Lima whoring his daughter out to become a model and of course he had to make sure he was in some of the photos. It was no surprise he was trying to get more money, the only problem is he could not use the excuse the Indians were after him still because they never gave a crap about him in the first start. There was a guy I don't know who he was but he kept a track on single father for several years but I think he just got tired of the pursuit and moved on!

Seen all kinds of characters over the years here,  but if there's a rotten apple in every barrel,   this guy is it for P.L. Repeatedly.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2020, 11:35:50 AM »
Seen all kinds of characters over the years here,  but if there's a rotten apple in every barrel,   this guy is it for P.L. Repeatedly.

A while back we had a poster on the Asian side named Luther. Luther was a  rather eccentric, self described "Oddball" -- a yankee who settled in the Philippines.

When my wife went in for her K1 visa embassy interview 7000+ islands away from home in big bad Manila (where she'd never been before--that alone was scary enough)  her knees were almost shaking, nerves shot.

Being less than half my age and being scared (but knowing it best to not show it)  she had to be prepared for anything. Walking in, she probably should've had an invisible 'red flag' attached to her head in the Embassy guy's mind. Even P.L. would've advised me against such a proposal.

She had memorized my family member names, birthdays, (even pets) all about my work, life, etc. She had a thick accordion file with pictures, receipts and 100's of pages of our yahoo chats. A lot of that USCIS "Packet" info had already been sent in and sitting on a desk,  perhaps even read. Now all that's done online.

But if before your marriage visa processing was only as good, fast and to be decided on acc to who's desk it landed on---now it boils down to who's computer monitor it goes to. Different process but essentially the same. Somewhere between slow and fast.

But she had memorized a TON of stuff and just as she is, she dressed fashionably modest and went in as her number was called--scared but prepared. The whole process, from the false rumors that the USA hospital that had done her physical was staffed by wicked dyke nurses and then if you survived that, that they were ruthless in the interview, wasn't lost on her.

She was ready to walk into the lion's lair.

Then out of a zillion possible questions, the embassy official asked her what was a very, very small footnote was about--a crumb we had over the past few years occasionally mentioned.

"Tell me about Luther" he asked....

OMG-she was stumped! She thought really hard for a minute from 100's of pages/subjects. Sooo much stress and info spinning in her head, it suddenly came back--she explained that he was some character on P.L. who I'd mentioned in an offhand way.The smallest of footnotes.

Never heard of it happening before or since, but instead of waiting days or weeks for 'the decision'--instead of waiting nervously----on the ride back to her boarding house, she got a text message:

"Ms. ______,  Congratulations, Wishing you all the best in your new nation and life., Mr. _____, United States Embassy, Manila"

« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 06:26:35 PM by robert angel »

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2020, 12:57:18 PM »

A while back we had a poster on the Asian side named Luther. Luther was a  rather eccentric, self described "Oddball" -- a yankee who settled in the Philippines.

When my wife went in for her K1 visa embassy interview 7000+ islands away from home in big bad Manila (where she'd never been before--that alone was scary enough)  her knees were almost shaking, nerves shot.

Being less than half my age and being scared (but knowing it best to not show it)  she had to be prepared for anything. Walking in, she probably should've had an invisible 'red flag' attached to her head in the Embassy guy's mind. Even P.L. would've advised me against such a proposal.

She had memorized my family member names, birthdays, (even pets) all about my work, life, etc. She had a thick accordion file with pictures, receipts and 100's of pages of our yahoo chats. A lot of that USCIS "Packet" info had already been sent in and sitting on a desk,  perhaps even read. Now all that's done online.

But if before your marriage visa processing was only as good, fast and to be decided on acc to who's desk it landed on---now it boils down to who's computer monitor it goes to. Different process but essentially the same. Somewhere between slow and fast.

But she had memorized a TON of stuff and just as she is, she dressed fashionably modest and went in as her number was called--scared but prepared. The whole process, from the false rumors that the USA hospital that had done her physical was staffed by wicked dyke nurses and then if you survived that, that they were ruthless in the interview, wasn't lost on her.

She was ready to walk into the lion's lair.

Then out of a zillion possible questions, the embassy official asked her what was a very, very small footnote was about--a crumb we had over the past few years occasionally mentioned.

"Tell me about Luther" he asked....

OMG-she was stumped! She thought really hard for a minute from 100's of pages/subjects. Sooo much stress and info spinning in her head, it suddenly came back--she explained that he was some character on P.L. who I'd mentioned in an offhand way.The smallest of footnotes.

Never heard of it happening before or since, but instead of waiting days or weeks for 'the decision'--instead of waiting nervously----on the ride back to her boarding house, she got a text message:

"Ms. ______,  Congratulations, Wishing you all the best in your new nation and life., Mr. _____, United States Embassy, Manila"

That is a weird story.....Did the embassy personal wonder if the conversations were fake?

I went with my last wife's interview in Bogota.

When they found out I was there .....they separated us and asked us a bunch of questions to see if our answers matched.....one question that surprised me was  " when was the last time you had sex with your wife?"....I told them last night.....we didn't have sex in the morning because we were in a hurry to get to the interview. Jajaja

Then I knew they wanted to deny my wife's visa when the lady interviewing us.....looked at a picture of my apartment in Cali and said.... so this is your apartment in Cali where your wife lives....and I said Yes....she says..... see this sofa in the background.....where did you buy it....I told her Bodega de Muebles .....then she asked if my wife was with me when I bought it and I said Yes she was....I could see her eyes light up thinking she had me. Then when she asked my wife where was the sofa purchased she told her Bodega de Muebles.

If you don't know your wife well the husband should probably skip the interview.

I doubt the interview with my current wife will be as tough considering I live with her in Medellin and we have a child together ....but who knows what these people are capable of.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 12:59:41 PM by Calipro »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2020, 02:39:47 PM »
That is a weird story.....Did the embassy personal wonder if the conversations were fake?

I went with my last wife's interview in Bogota.

When they found out I was there .....they separated us and asked us a bunch of questions to see if our answers matched.....one question that surprised me was  " when was the last time you had sex with your wife?"....I told them last night.....we didn't have sex in the morning because we were in a hurry to get to the interview. Jajaja

Then I knew they wanted to deny my wife's visa when the lady interviewing us.....looked at a picture of my apartment in Cali and said.... so this is your apartment in Cali where your wife lives....and I said Yes....she says..... see this sofa in the background.....where did you buy it....I told her Bodega de Muebles .....then she asked if my wife was with me when I bought it and I said Yes she was....I could see her eyes light up thinking she had me. Then when she asked my wife where was the sofa purchased she told her Bodega de Muebles.

If you don't know your wife well the husband should probably skip the interview.

I doubt the interview with my current wife will be as tough considering I live with her in Medellin and we have a child together ....but who knows what these people are capable of.

As far as I know, guys weren't allowed anywhere near the interview, or to the US Hospital, St. Lukes--where the physical was required to be conducted. Probably just as well. She wanted me to at least be outside waiting nervously, ready to hold her hand and pending approval, to fly with her to the USA, but I had her go solo. Looking back, even though we (more she) did the USCIS paperwork, money was a bit tight, me with two young boys at home, coming financially stung from a USA style divorce (to a VERY different Filipina!) and me just being more frugal then.

She was good applying common sense to confusing K1 details--she later helped others with her 'knack' for that.
We had her going into the US Embassy nervous because although we had close to four years of documented interaction, there were a whole lot of fraudulent K visas going down. So they were wary and ready, looking for anything 'out of the ordinary.'Looking for the classic 'red flags' that add up the wrong way, such as the huge age gap, her youthful beauty, high educational level and modest economic village background. So overall, we were outside the norm. She was literally young and innocent without much income. She had quit her good after college graduation job, when I asked her to marry me. They never would have given a freshly hired employee weeks of leave and let her keep her job there. And it was Coca Cola and they were about to make her a 'regular'--a big deal over there. Meanwhile, sex trafficking was already an issue the  US Embassy/USCIS was active on.

She had the Embassy/USCIS packet all set up, organized and memorized pretty well. It wasn't too long, which is actually bad, but it was apparently long enough.

I have no idea how much of it all that the nice guy read. Maybe all, maybe he wafted thru it--maybe some quirky guy named Luther was on the single page he pulled and asked a question about?

What REALLY happened? We'll never know, I suspect the gentleman from the Embassy had a good cup of coffee that day and that he was a good judge of character. He probably approved of her within the first few minutes and in terms of 'fake'--he likely felt that she was as sincere and truthful as they come.

What really is weird, is how the Embassy official extended the sweet personal courtesy of an almost immediate text message as she was in the taxi, assuaging her fears that she might not have passed. It was a good day.

But that's weird. Like 'fairy tale' weird. 

That same lack of confidence, really more her 'insecurity' about passing her interview have served her well. She was ready. As earnest as they come. It's helped her in life with so many tasks--home, school, jobs--even in marriage & career, as she works harder than the next girl, even over compensating in certain ways to do things well, always politely. Sooo Asian. Family. Others before self...

Hard to believe that interview has got to be 16 years ago. I am so glad that she still thinks and even dreams in her own language/culture and that she's still kind of 'dyed in the wool' in terms of retaining her cultural upbringing. She does have more shoes and clothes now, I suppose...

That story about the couch and being interviewed 'police detective style' was great. People out there are still having nightmarish, seemingly never ending hangups with K visas and still need to be prepared.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 03:26:17 PM by robert angel »

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2020, 05:59:48 PM »

As far as I know, guys weren't allowed anywhere near the interview, or to the US Hospital, St. Lukes--where the physical was required to be conducted. Probably just as well. She wanted me to at least be outside waiting nervously, ready to hold her hand and pending approval, to fly with her to the USA, but I had her go solo. Looking back, even though we (more she) did the USCIS paperwork, money was a bit tight, me with two young boys at home, coming financially stung from a USA style divorce (to a VERY different Filipina!) and me just being more frugal then.

She was good applying common sense to confusing K1 details--she later helped others with her 'knack' for that.
We had her going into the US Embassy nervous because although we had close to four years of documented interaction, there were a whole lot of fraudulent K visas going down. So they were wary and ready, looking for anything 'out of the ordinary.'Looking for the classic 'red flags' that add up the wrong way, such as the huge age gap, her youthful beauty, high educational level and modest economic village background. So overall, we were outside the norm. She was literally young and innocent without much income. She had quit her good after college graduation job, when I asked her to marry me. They never would have given a freshly hired employee weeks of leave and let her keep her job there. And it was Coca Cola and they were about to make her a 'regular'--a big deal over there. Meanwhile, sex trafficking was already an issue the  US Embassy/USCIS was active on.

She had the Embassy/USCIS packet all set up, organized and memorized pretty well. It wasn't too long, which is actually bad, but it was apparently long enough.

I have no idea how much of it all that the nice guy read. Maybe all, maybe he wafted thru it--maybe some quirky guy named Luther was on the single page he pulled and asked a question about?

What REALLY happened? We'll never know, I suspect the gentleman from the Embassy had a good cup of coffee that day and that he was a good judge of character. He probably approved of her within the first few minutes and in terms of 'fake'--he likely felt that she was as sincere and truthful as they come.

What really is weird, is how the Embassy official extended the sweet personal courtesy of an almost immediate text message as she was in the taxi, assuaging her fears that she might not have passed. It was a good day.

But that's weird. Like 'fairy tale' weird. 

That same lack of confidence, really more her 'insecurity' about passing her interview have served her well. She was ready. As earnest as they come. It's helped her in life with so many tasks--home, school, jobs--even in marriage & career, as she works harder than the next girl, even over compensating in certain ways to do things well, always politely. Sooo Asian. Family. Others before self...

Hard to believe that interview has got to be 16 years ago. I am so glad that she still thinks and even dreams in her own language/culture and that she's still kind of 'dyed in the wool' in terms of retaining her cultural upbringing. She does have more shoes and clothes now, I suppose...

That story about the couch and being interviewed 'police detective style' was great. People out there are still having nightmarish, seemingly never ending hangups with K visas and still need to be prepared.

I have been to everyone of my wives interviews....it was at one time recommended by immigration lawyers that all husbands and fiancees show up to the interview....I think the assumption was that showing up was proof that the relationship was genuine especially is the couple had spent only a few weeks together.

I really don't know that going to my current wife's interview will be necessary since we have been living together in Colombia for about a year and a half and also have a child together. But I might go if they aren't still limiting people due Covid. 

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2020, 06:25:50 PM »
I have been to everyone of my wives interviews....it was at one time recommended by immigration lawyers that all husbands and fiancees show up to the interview....I think the assumption was that showing up was proof that the relationship was genuine especially is the couple had spent only a few weeks together.

I really don't know that going to my current wife's interview will be necessary since we have been living together in Colombia for about a year and a half and also have a child together. But I might go if they aren't still limiting people due Covid.

It'd probably be fine either way, but with so very much at stake, I'm pretty sure you'll end up attending, even if just sitting outside waiting patiently. And most women would want their spouse outside.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2020, 06:25:50 PM »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864