It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Back from Colombia  (Read 22324 times)

Offline Rschnb67

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Back from Colombia
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2016, 02:19:25 AM »
That will be my last post I don't think this site is for me I don't need advice from four or five backpacking idiots who think they know everything but then they are online every night as if they were the authority. Do you all have a perfect marriage is with beautiful Columbian wives or maybe your wives are so hot that's why you're online all the time instead of hanging out with them. Probably the same guys who didn't fit in with the jocks where the nerds wear can't even get a decent American woman so this is their thing in life. And anybody who puts a post up is at their mercy like we are all supposed to look at them and take their word for Laura give me a break. Hey mambo I never said I was getting married stop commenting on everything you see bud  just read it and go back to your big fat wife. Thanks for nothing

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2016, 03:38:09 AM »
That will be my last post I don't think this site is for me I don't need advice from four or five backpacking idiots who think they know everything but then they are online every night as if they were the authority. Do you all have a perfect marriage is with beautiful Columbian wives or maybe your wives are so hot that's why you're online all the time instead of hanging out with them. Probably the same guys who didn't fit in with the jocks where the nerds wear can't even get a decent American woman so this is their thing in life. And anybody who puts a post up is at their mercy like we are all supposed to look at them and take their word for Laura give me a break. Hey mambo I never said I was getting married stop commenting on everything you see bud  just read it and go back to your big fat wife. Thanks for nothing

So what's is the visa for?   'Sex Visa'  is there one?

Offline Ricardo1

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2016, 04:39:08 AM »

Then why do you post in the first place, if you aren't open to getting comments.  You put stuff on here, that screams "red flag" and when you get replies that you don't like, you now threaten to pick up your marbles and go home.  Get a grip bud - this is a forum for, hopefully, open, civil, and free dialogue.  Someone, previously used the term "Mr. Thin Skin".  I suppose it was intended to refer to you, and apparently some folks here are already getting under yours.
Hey, if you're not prepared to take some verbal bruising, you're likely on your way to getting some for real, 'coz you don't seem ready to bear constructive criticism. 

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2016, 04:39:08 AM »

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2016, 08:02:19 AM »
Okay, I said too much.

I am the biggest talking hypocrite myself when it comes to doing dumb things,and thinking with my little head,  but at least I keep my mistakes in Colombia, not drag them back to Canada (or the US) where they get magnified 10 times.

Backpacker..LOL ...yeah, like all expats are like what you saw on the beach in Cartagena

Jocks and Nerds... LMAOF ;D ;D

Half they guys her living in Colombia (even though they fight amongst each other) could buy your company and get your a$$ fired if they wanted to..not that they go on with childhood rants about how much they own, what their net worth is,  jocks and nerds, 401(K)s, Fat wives, and my dick is bigger than your dick..nyah,nyah,nyah..
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 08:12:01 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline Rschnb67

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2016, 08:28:30 AM »
Father Gato Expat mambo Ricardo  you are the main reasons this site sucks you people sit around and think you know everything about women obviously you know nothing or you wouldn't be on the computer by the way is that your woman on the profile pic  Geez  wonder you're on the computer all day and night

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2016, 08:53:05 AM »
Father Gato Expat mambo Ricardo  you are the main reasons this site sucks you people sit around and think you know everything about women obviously you know nothing or you wouldn't be on the computer by the way is that your woman on the profile pic  Geez  wonder you're on the computer all day and night

but you are ALSO sitting on the computer.  You are as loser as we all are  :D

Offline kai #2

• The Traveling Swordsman
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2016, 12:02:51 PM »
This place should just be renamed to 'planet-hate and sometimes we meet girls'

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2016, 12:09:04 PM »
I'm sorry to hear you have had such a terrible experience visiting here.  If you find that you want information there are probably some other websites out there with less losers on it, where you will for more comfortable.
Thanks for the mini trip report and good luck with the lady.

Fathertime! 
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2016, 02:00:29 PM »
I got Hate Mail from the guy too, but I deleted it before I read it..LOL ;)

Ha ha.. As m old bass in Oregon said "If they cant take a joke, foch em"

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2016, 02:05:24 PM »
This place should just be renamed to 'planet-hate and sometimes we meet girls'

Speaking of "Haters" why didnt MUDD and Calipro get their licks in here?

Nobody hates anybody, some people just take things too seriously.

Hes only known the gal 3 weeks,and hasnt even maried her.  if he was married to her 5 years, or even 6 months it would be another story, andt people wouldn be so critical and judgmental, out of compassion.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 02:09:36 PM by Elexpatriado »

Offline Calipro

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2016, 02:22:18 PM »

Jeeze three weeks a woman and shes incredible and your gonna marry her..what a fairy tale..

Well I don't see any thing wrong with a guy taking a chick he likes to Cancun and aren't they all incredible three weeks into a relationship.

I did think about calling you out on the misleading comment "your gonna marry her...what a fairy tale"....since I didn't see anything that he posted that would indicate that he was considering marriage at this point.

But I don't think it is really necessary to nit pick your posts to much these days as most posters have gotten to know your views on women and relationships by now.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 06:12:06 PM by Calipro »

Offline Rschnb67

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2016, 05:13:19 PM »
Calipro too bad everybody on this site is not like you it would be a pretty cool site yes I'm doing the best I can every three months I get a week off and we been doing things Cancun Colombia and Cancun again I don't see what's wrong with that these guys are jumping all over me also I really really enjoyed Colombia  I had a great time there. There are other kinds of visa besides fiancĂ© maybe you guys don't know that ?my lawyer says there is he's handling it.   OK ex-pat it's your turn you can say whatever you want again buddy

Offline mambocowboy

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2016, 09:18:56 PM »
I'm sorry to hear you have had such a terrible experience visiting here.  If you find that you want information there are probably some other websites out there with less losers on it, where you will for more comfortable.
Thanks for the mini trip report and good luck with the lady.

Fathertime!
What a hypocrite. Do you think we've forgotten who you are? You were the king of personal attacks  on ZON, Dennis Levy (RIP), Robert Angel, and Benjio among others.  What a bunch of phoney baloney ...

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2016, 09:18:56 PM »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2016, 10:44:58 PM »
im not saying anymore. I said enough. I am not one to talk. like i said i am the expert on thinking with my little head and [snip]ing up with the women

I honestly hope it works out.  JUst Take care, ok?.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2016, 11:19:06 PM »
What a hypocrite. Do you think we've forgotten who you are? You were the king of personal attacks  on ZON, Dennis Levy (RIP), Robert Angel, and Benjio among others.  What a bunch of phoney baloney ...

I'm pretty sure you misunderstood the post I made as I didn't word it as good as I should have, I was also listed by Rchsb as one of the site losers, so I should have said "us losers" instead of only 'losers'.  Of course I don't actually believe the site is full of losers, but I do believe that Rchsb believes it is true....so if that is the case, he might be happier finding a different group to discuss his adventures with. 

Yes I was the king of personal attacks many moons ago, but nowadays I'm less interested in engaging like that on PL. 

Fathertime! 
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Kiltboy1

• She Loves What's Under The Kilt
  • Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2016, 06:09:35 AM »
let the guy have some fun and enjoy the Honeymoon period of courting his lady. We all had those great times on vacation , no responsibilities, ect. The real work will start if he indeed brings his lady back to the States. Honeymoon over !!!! . He will need to have a lot of patience as bringing a woman here is just like raising a small children, no matter how mature he thinks the is. He will have to do everything for her, teach her to drive, take her to her classes, make sure she is not hanging out with what I like to call " The Latin Mafia Women".
Let him have fun because regardless of what he thinks he knows, he does not know because hey," you don't know what you don't know"

Enjoy Cancun, CTG or where ever else you want to hook up

KB
She Loves What's Under The Kilt !

Viva Ecuador !

Offline Awesome

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2016, 07:44:06 PM »
Rschnb67 just because someone voices their opinion about the way you're going about things, you shouldn't let it bother you.  Maybe they're wrong, or they might even right.  It doesn't matter.  Treat it as what it is, just chatter on the internet, nothing more nothing less.  You're a grown man and you're going to do what you feel is best for you.  If a poster thinks you're doing something wrong just respectfully agree to disagree.  Would you rather Mambocowboy genuinely think that you're making a mistake and not say anything so as not to hurt your sensitive feelings?  Or would you rather that he give his honest opinion?

I can tell you one thing if you're this sensitive over a couple of mild comments on an internet forum how are you going to react when your novia has one of her notorious Colombiana mood swings?  Do you think you'd be able to handle that?  Hopefully you won't have to experience that as not all Colombianas are like that, but the ones who are like that...whew you better watch out.

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2016, 09:56:57 AM »
I can tell you one thing if you're this sensitive over a couple of mild comments on an internet forum how are you going to react when your novia has one of her notorious Colombiana mood swings?  Do you think you'd be able to handle that?  Hopefully you won't have to experience that as not all Colombianas are like that, but the ones who are like that...whew you better watch out.

That's a very good point.

Offline Shadow_mas

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2016, 05:37:03 AM »
Rschnb67 let me tell you a secret. Both on this and other sites I manage I often seen people like you who get upset at the long time members and (sometimes) disappear in a huff of smoke.In almost all cases it turns out that the things that were said hit very close to home, but instead of taking the advice the instinctive reaction was to ignore and get angry. I am aware that the people here can turn a mole hill in to a mountain, and if you would see everything as a red flag you might to be able to build any relationship. On the other hand you hve to understand you are not the first person that comes along with such a story, and the long time members here know what happened to most of them.

You are the only one who knows how your relationship is going and you determine what advice you ask and take. Just do not expect people here to cheer you on in anything you do.
Even the most crusty and antagonizing poster here would like to see a happy outcome rather than the (amusing) train wreck. There for never be shy to post good news.

Offline Juan Valdez

« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2016, 03:32:51 PM »
Rschnb67 let me tell you a secret. Both on this and other sites I manage I often seen people like you who get upset at the long time members and (sometimes) disappear in a huff of smoke.In almost all cases it turns out that the things that were said hit very close to home, but instead of taking the advice the instinctive reaction was to ignore and get angry. I am aware that the people here can turn a mole hill in to a mountain, and if you would see everything as a red flag you might to be able to build any relationship. On the other hand you hve to understand you are not the first person that comes along with such a story, and the long time members here know what happened to most of them.

You are the only one who knows how your relationship is going and you determine what advice you ask and take. Just do not expect people here to cheer you on in anything you do.
Even the most crusty and antagonizing poster here would like to see a happy outcome rather than the (amusing) train wreck. There for never be shy to post good news.

+1

Offline Rschnb67

« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2016, 03:35:05 AM »
OK sorry about the short temper I guess I took things a little too personally I do read everything and I appreciate the advice I will keep my eyes open and try to realize it's not always going to be like a vacation thank you.i know there will be lots of challenges and things to overcome but like most of you I am focusing on the good points of my girl she's sweet and affectionate beautiful and loving and I'm just hoping that will overcome the other habits that might arise. I was married to an American for 17 years and I could barely get a kiss on the cheek from her she was the most cold unaffectionate woman in the world that is the reason I originally looked to Colombia[size=78%] Sorry about the war of words with everybody I'll try to keep an open mind just keep your comments positive somewhat haha[/size]

Offline Kiltboy1

• She Loves What's Under The Kilt
  • Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2016, 06:18:22 AM »
OK sorry about the short temper I guess I took things a little too personally I do read everything and I appreciate the advice I will keep my eyes open and try to realize it's not always going to be like a vacation thank you.i know there will be lots of challenges and things to overcome but like most of you I am focusing on the good points of my girl she's sweet and affectionate beautiful and loving and I'm just hoping that will overcome the other habits that might arise. I was married to an American for 17 years and I could barely get a kiss on the cheek from her she was the most cold unaffectionate woman in the world that is the reason I originally looked to Colombia[size=78%] Sorry about the war of words with everybody I'll try to keep an open mind just keep your comments positive somewhat haha[/size]

Most of us here went through years of Coldpuss from ex wives. Go back and look at some of my history in the 2003-2005  years. I got divorced  from a sourpuss just like you and within 2 years I was married to a woman from Cali I thought was just the best thing since sliced bread. She pushed all the right buttons and earned an Academy Award for Best Actress. It  was a nightmare. So when we try to help you out though our bad experiences, just keep your eyes open.One thing that has seemed to work well for guys here to see if red flags popped up is to tell the women that you are not interested living in the USA anymore and want to move to Colombia. Tell her that you think with your savings you could get a nice Strata 3 apartment for you both and then see what her reaction might be. That could tell you a lot of things about how she perceives your relationship.
She Loves What's Under The Kilt !

Viva Ecuador !

Offline fathertime

« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2016, 07:47:02 AM »
Hola Rschnb67!
Just as you are focusing on the good points of your new lady, you can consider focusing on the posts you feel contain information/experiences that you can utilize.  If there are other points you would rather not hear, then you can disregard them.  Overall it sounds like you are enjoying yourself, and have the life experience to make your own choices in an educated way...after that the chips fall where they may...at least that is the way I see it.

Fathertime! 
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2016, 07:47:02 AM »

Offline Juan Valdez

« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2016, 08:13:47 AM »
Rsch:
Keep in mind that this is an internet forum, and you have a multitude of personality types.

Believe it or not, even the comments you perceive as "negative" actually have your self-interest at heart.

The delivery may oftentimes leave a little, or a lot, to be desired, but there is no other reason for someone to make suggestions to you, unless it's been from their own personal experience, or someone who they know has experienced.
I believe at this point in time, all the active posters are people who have actually travelled to (mostly) Colombia (a few guys, other countries), met / dated multiple women. 

Some guys like Calipro have married Colombians in the past and value their ability to play the field (not deceitfully) with no desire to get married again. 

Other guys like Utopiacowboy are happily married to his Colombiana.
So you have a wide range of experiences, approaches, and preferences. 

But at the end of the day, you have a wealth of experience here, in all stages of relationships, and while you may perceive the message delivery to be flawed at times, the messages themselves may still be of great value to you.
We all hope for your story to become a success story :-)

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2016, 07:51:16 AM »

A guy once gave me good advice. With these Colombianas, dont confuse affection and sex with love. These girls are great actors. Tet will do what ever is necessary to get what they want. This is especially true when they are "starry Eyed" and being taken on fancy vacations. Its okay to do this, but you have to get them in real life situations as well. And dont wear your heart on your sleeve or make any commitments until you are absolutely sure. It s better to be single and play the field like CP or  even just enjoy life with friends and other activities apart from women and love yourself than getting sucked int the drama of a wrong woman.

If someone is still feeling upset and feeling neglected over a "battle Axe" gringa, it is probably the worst time to get hooked up with a Colombiana.

You have no idea what some of these women  have been through, until you listen to some of the personal experiences. And once they have been "damaged" no amount of "Fixing" is going to work.

The best advise I can give is to have a circle of friends, preferably Colombian, or even Colombian American you can  y introduce your GF to. Take your time and value their opinions. Dont get excited and offended when they tell you something you dont like. You can easily lose good friends (and maybe even another potential better GF) by fighting with them and being defensive.

I also like KBs idea of telling her you want to live in Colombia. That cuts out 90% of the visadoras right there.

The girl has got o be into you, and into you more than you are into her. And that means being with you under any conditions (within reason). Otherwise, its just a glorified "Girl Friend Experience".

Some things are just the truth, and have to be faced, like Death, Taxes, and the question "Does your Colombiana really love you?"

Most of us here went through years of Coldpuss from ex wives. Go back and look at some of my history in the 2003-2005  years. I got divorced  from a sourpuss just like you and within 2 years I was married to a woman from Cali I thought was just the best thing since sliced bread. She pushed all the right buttons and earned an Academy Award for Best Actress. It  was a nightmare. So when we try to help you out though our bad experiences, just keep your eyes open.One thing that has seemed to work well for guys here to see if red flags popped up is to tell the women that you are not interested living in the USA anymore and want to move to Colombia. Tell her that you think with your savings you could get a nice Strata 3 apartment for you both and then see what her reaction might be. That could tell you a lot of things about how she perceives your relationship.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 08:04:41 AM by Elexpatriado »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864