It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: FNG  (Read 9833 times)

Offline iambboy8012

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
FNG
« on: December 24, 2016, 02:01:53 AM »
Hello all,

Just found the forum, and so far from what I have read, good information. I reserved a spot in Jamie's agency for Feb 2017, in hopes of finding a Colombian partner. I'm 35 average guy divorced and make decent money and very friendly, I have no issues with meeting women in the States, it's just the Colombian charm that gets me. Over the last few weeks I have been reading horror stories and reading negative comments about Colombians in general. I guess I am looking to the experts for advice and tips and how to be successful. Look forward to the up coming weeks, and will post a trip report when I get back.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: FNG
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 06:43:45 AM »
Welcome to PL. While I don't think Colombian women,  broadly generalized suit my situation,  a few guys here have done really well. I think that they took more time and gave it more thought than the guys who met a gal and in short order,  decided that she was 'the one'  they were going to marry. Once you make a decision like that,  changing your mind is difficult and you may not see red flags you would otherwise.

If you don't speak Spanish already,  picking up on some basic phrases certainly wouldn't hurt.

If I was going that way,  I'd probably use Jamie's too. You may see a lot of beautiful women,  don't exclude women who aren't in the top ten percent of the 'hot range'. The 'merely pretty'  ladies probably be lower maintenance in the long run,  not used to being treated like princesses and once you compare her to the women in your neighborhood rather than Colombia's,  chances are she's going to to be a lot more attractive to you.

I dare say that whether it's most of Asia or South, Central America, being between 35 and 40 years old increases your appeal more than being below 30 or above 50 years old.You're in a bit of a 'sweet spot' age wise. They want a settled guy who isn't so much of a 'bad dog' type, going nowhere fast, as  are many of the local guys.

That said, don't come off as weak or too soft, sweet and sensitive, (especially in that culture) as some of the women will take to that like sharks take to blood in the water, although their actions and thoughts might not make that readily clear. After all, we're to an extent actors on our best behavior while 'courting' and you don't --or won't see the truth, the whole picture, for quite a while.

If you spend money like you're a millionaire in front of her, she may assume that's how you live normally.Their perceptions of 'life USA style' often have little relation to reality. If you get to the serious point, squaring reality versus perception and being honest about your past, your strengths and weaknesses, might not be a bad idea. It's all gonna come out in the laundry anyhow.....

Good luck!!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 10:11:04 AM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline iambboy8012

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 09:54:38 AM »
Thanks for the insight Robert, I understand Spanish, and speak a little, my step dad was Mexican-American. I've grew up around latinos/as all my life but they were Mexican. Can anyone tell me if there is much variation from Mexican to Colombian personalities?

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 09:54:38 AM »

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 10:03:24 AM »
Thanks for the insight Robert, I understand Spanish, and speak a little, my step dad was Mexican-American. I've grew up around latinos/as all my life but they were Mexican. Can anyone tell me if there is much variation from Mexican to Colombian personalities?

Yes, Mexicanas make good wives and Colombianas do not. You would be better off pursuing a Mexicana in the US. In Colombia it's all golddiggers as far as the eye can see.

Offline iambboy8012

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2016, 12:19:14 AM »
Wow its that bad utopia? Can you give insight as there are gold diggers in every nationality. I have read some tips from Marie, and the good info Robert gave, which is standard anywhere, but I'm guessing more intense in Colombia.

I would like to gather as much insight as I can before my trip, cause as they say "knowledge is power"! I've been in the game long enough, and have the war wounds as many of you guys have gotten as well, I just want to avoid them internationally.

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2016, 02:01:16 AM »
Wow its that bad utopia? Can you give insight as there are gold diggers in every nationality. I have read some tips from Marie, and the good info Robert gave, which is standard anywhere, but I'm guessing more intense in Colombia.

I would like to gather as much insight as I can before my trip, cause as they say "knowledge is power"! I've been in the game long enough, and have the war wounds as many of you guys have gotten as well, I just want to avoid them internationally.

UC is being facetious. There's every type of women in every single country. The trick is finding the right one for you.

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2016, 11:23:48 AM »
All kidding aside, why wouldn't you focus on a Mexican American woman living in the US already?

Offline iambboy8012

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2016, 12:57:42 PM »
Honestly I don't know! Maybe it's the challenge, and knowing it will be a difficult, but rewarding journey! Maybe I just want to see what's out there beyond the US, and go on an adventure. All that and maybe it was last year when I was in Hong Kong and met this gorgeous Colombian, and just liked the charm, and her overall personality. But mostly I think it's the challenge, and hey let's not forget about the travel also.  ;)

Offline MariaJBueno

• Colombia´s #1 Matchmaker
    • Exclusive Colombian Matchmaker
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2016, 01:59:41 PM »
Hello all,

Just found the forum, and so far from what I have read, good information. I reserved a spot in Jamie's agency for Feb 2017, in hopes of finding a Colombian partner. I'm 35 average guy divorced and make decent money and very friendly, I have no issues with meeting women in the States, it's just the Colombian charm that gets me. Over the last few weeks I have been reading horror stories and reading negative comments about Colombians in general. I guess I am looking to the experts for advice and tips and how to be successful. Look forward to the up coming weeks, and will post a trip report when I get back.

JUST HAVE FUN.. Not all Colombian women are golddiggers and yes there are gold diggers everywhere.
Listen to your heart, if it doesn't feel right it probably isn't. 

Welcome aboard.. Feliz Navidad!!
Let me personally help you find your Colombian queen today, and save you a lot of time, money, and heartache from dating the wrong women: 
www.ExclusiveColombianMatchmaker.com
----------------
Let's Talk!
http://bit.ly/2NRwsHG
Follow Me:
IG: @colombianmatchmaker
CH: @matchmakercol

Offline cdr1974

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2016, 02:27:04 PM »
Welcome aboard and good luck in your journey.

Colombia does hace its fair share of flakes and gold diggers but not half as many as Thailand and the Philippines. Those countries are mine fields and far less poor than most Colombians.

Using Jamie's is the best choice of what's out there with regards to agencies. He has been going along time. As he always States " this is a numbers game "

Only thing different with him at the moment is he does not only have girls from Barranquilla now, they are from various cities so that could be tricky logistically

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2016, 04:11:28 PM »
Welcome aboard and good luck in your journey.

Colombia does hace its fair share of flakes and gold diggers but not half as many as Thailand and the Philippines. Those countries are mine fields and far less poor than most Colombians.

Using Jamie's is the best choice of what's out there with regards to agencies. He has been going along time. As he always States " this is a numbers game "

Only thing different with him at the moment is he does not only have girls from Barranquilla now, they are from various cities so that could be tricky logistically

Guess you've been to all those places and stepped on more than your fair share of land mines,  but IMO,  comparing the women and your chances of ending up done dirty being the same in the Philippines, 
as in Thailand is nonsense.

Unless you're predisposed to bad luck,  there's still a fair amount of good apples/mangos on the trees everywhere I feel. You just need to know how to pick em. And I dare say that with over a 100 million people there,  the Philippines has plantations full. 

Furthermore, many of them are lovely,  even tempered women with excellent educations,  speak English quite well and have great work ethic.

We sometimes put blinders on ourselves,  limiting our options and going down the same rut in the road,  with predictable outcomes.

Having been around the world a few times, I hesitate to make blanket statements and I never,  ever say: I've seen it all"

Offline iambboy8012

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2016, 08:46:43 PM »
Thanks all,

I'll post my trip report, and take all the good advice on this forum! Appreciate the time everyone took.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2016, 08:29:02 AM »
IAB,

When you get to that angst ridden time of the 'final count down' where you might have a 2 or 3 women and need to make decision, if you want, run it by the peanut gallery here. You'll remain unknown personally, not that I think people here are inclined to get 'personal' and spread stuff about guys if they happen to know info, about where they come from.....

Sure it's an intensely personal decision and she could be Mother Mary MagDelaney and some guys here might say 'oye---too pious'----but albeit from the outside looking in and through a bit of a peephole at that, according to what you reveal, you might get some insights.

Anyways, we're here, feel free and use what you might choose.

Anyhow, wishing you the best and trip reports are some of the best parts of this site and I imagine they give a lot of guys who are afraid to 'get on the plane' the impetus to finally 'just do it'--so that'd be great.

Cheers,

Robert

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2016, 08:29:02 AM »

Offline iambboy8012

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2016, 07:51:54 PM »
Thanks RA,

I will definitely do that, just reading around the forum, I have been laughing my ass off. I was a little nervous earlier before this, but now I'm just going to go and have a blast and make the best of it. Who knows I may meet miss right, or at the very least miss right now lol. I'm sure the gallery will get their laughs from me, but hey I have thick skin anyways.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2016, 08:05:41 PM »
Thanks RA,

I will definitely do that, just reading around the forum, I have been laughing my ass off. I was a little nervous earlier before this, but now I'm just going to go and have a blast and make the best of it. Who knows I may meet miss right, or at the very least miss right now lol. I'm sure the gallery will get their laughs from me, but hey I have thick skin anyways.

You're quite welcome. If nothing else, you should have a great vacation. You sound sharp enough to avoid food and liquid induced sickness that's ruined many a trip. That and not letting your drink out of your sight and I can't see it being at least a great vacation, maybe more.

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2016, 05:44:40 AM »

Welcome to the board.

Yes, Mexicanas make good wives and Colombianas do not. You would be better off pursuing a Mexicana in the US. In Colombia it's all golddiggers as far as the eye can see.

To put U.C.'s quote in context: he has been married to a Colombian woman for over 10 years (possibly closer to 15 or 20 years). He just wants to keep them all to himself.

As Benjio noted, plenty of great ladies to be found in Colombia. You just need to use common sense and screen for the good ones.

As you already know, there are gold diggers in EVERY country. You should see the piece of work I met on Tinder in my hometown of Los Angeles a few months ago. Yikes! And she was supposedly a "nice" girl from Tennessee. No thank you. I'll take a nice girl from Barranquilla all day long over that kind of B.S. 

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2016, 05:53:25 PM »
I have been married to a Colombiana for nearly 10 years now. She just graduated college and has a degree in accounting. She is definitely not a gold digger. I hit the jackpot. Yep, there are gold diggers everywhere but it takes good judgement on your part to avoid them. Good luck.
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline iambboy8012

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2016, 06:02:17 PM »
Thanks HL your in my neck of the woods. Maybe one day we can compare Colombia stories over a beer or something. But I know what you mean, I was married to a gold digger for a year, and I lived with her for 3 years before! Needles to say she taught me to pay attention, and don't pedestalize a women.

I do have one question though cell phones, I'm not trying to get it stolen while I'm there. How did you guys handle that, purchase a cheap phone from there?

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2016, 07:06:44 PM »
Thanks HL your in my neck of the woods. Maybe one day we can compare Colombia stories over a beer or something. But I know what you mean, I was married to a gold digger for a year, and I lived with her for 3 years before! Needles to say she taught me to pay attention, and don't pedestalize a women.

I do have one question though cell phones, I'm not trying to get it stolen while I'm there. How did you guys handle that, purchase a cheap phone from there?

Purchase a cheap, unlocked phone here and buy a SIM with prepaid minutes and data when you get there. There are some relatively cheap plans available in Barranquilla now.

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2016, 08:59:35 PM »

Hey I.A.B., Yeah, I just noticed you are in Orange County. Well, good thing you moved on from her and at 35 your the perfect age to head down south.

Yes, that would definitely be cool to meet up for a drink. You need 10 posts before you can send/receive Personal Messages to other members. You are almost there. So we can exchange personal info after you cross that milestone.

Benjio's suggestion is probably the safest bet. However, in 2016 I traveled to Colombia two times as well as one trip to Mexico City. I brought my I-phone with me on each of those trips and I had zero problems.

If you have a very expensive smart phone probably best to leave it at home. In my case, my 2 year old I-phone 5-S was purchased for $300 two years ago and I was perfectly ok with letting it go if someone robbed me. These days smart phones are very ubiquitous in Latin America so you see people with them nearly everywhere you go. That said, I like the I-Phone 5 precisely because it is small enough to easily fit in my pocket.   

Offline iambboy8012

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2016, 09:15:09 PM »
Thanks for the info, come to think of it I was in Mexico City last year, and didn't even think to worry about my phone, but then again, I wasn't out and about during the day, I had work I had to do.

Offline Ray

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2016, 02:36:19 PM »
I have been married to a Colombiana for nearly 10 years now. She just graduated college and has a degree in accounting. She is definitely not a gold digger. I hit the jackpot. Yep, there are gold diggers everywhere but it takes good judgement on your part to avoid them. Good luck.

WOW!

Congrats to the Mrs. on earning her degree...

Ray

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2016, 06:36:21 PM »
with your age you will have a lot less issue wih gold diggers. jus follow he 40 red flags rule, practice our spanish, take your time and u will be ok.     think wih your big head
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 06:41:42 PM by Elexpatriado »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2016, 06:36:21 PM »

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2016, 04:48:11 AM »
WOW!

Congrats to the Mrs. on earning her degree...

Ray

Thanks Ray. She did great I am very proud of her.
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2016, 11:20:45 AM »

I have a Motorola with data and memo capacity. Bring your smart phone or whatever.You will need it to chat with girlson WhatsApp. I have lived in Colombia 4 years and been visiting for 12,and only had my phone robbed once,because of my own stupidity-and it was recovered later. And this included times I left it in a taxiand internet cafe.Both times returned to me.If you use your head it s not a problem.More of  an issue for the boba Colombianas.

I recommend at your age and with time and work restrictions going to Colombia,I really  recommend you look forLatinas (whatever type) in the USA if you are interested in a serious relationship.

The agencies and Cupid sites are full of Gold Diggers and prepagos. That's the reason they go there- to meet foreigners,a lot of them for money and or visas.Dont buy the story line that all Colombian men are bad, and the women are all angels.

The best Colombian women- estrata 5 or 6 ,educated and beautiful, dont go to these agencies or on the internet. They have toomany choices with the good,successful Colombian men.Better to go for an independent successful Latin woman in the US in your position.

That is one area  agree with Awesome 100%.

Way less hassle and risk looking for one already in the US than finding one in Colombia,visiting a few times,and then going through the visa processand flying her over.

I am quite busy right now,but I will PM you with my thoughts in more detail.

However,if you are gonna use an agency, Jaimie's and Maria's in Barranquilla appear to be the best ones, from what I have read here (i.e. HLs trip reportand before).
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 11:28:28 AM by Elexpatriado »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864