It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Brazil Bride Name Change  (Read 1503 times)

Offline AKS6226

• Probie
  • Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: None (yet)
Brazil Bride Name Change
« on: January 21, 2014, 01:09:39 AM »
Dear Forum Members,

I am an Indian marrying a Brazil Woman soon. Fiancee wants to change her Name to - Indian Hindu Name. Does this affect in her native Country(Brazil). What is the Process and Precautions to be taken.

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Brazil Bride Name Change
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 04:55:17 PM »
Dear Forum Members,

I am an Indian marrying a Brazil Woman soon. Fiancee wants to change her Name to - Indian Hindu Name. Does this affect in her native Country(Brazil). What is the Process and Precautions to be taken.

I live in Brazil and have had to deal with several government agencies since I've been here. In terms of efficiency, they are far better than those in a country like Colombia for instance, but still much more complicated than dealing with the same types of entities in the U.S. I'm assuming your fiance has also chosen to convert to the Hindu religion, so she definitely has a very good reason to legally change her name, but I have absolutely no idea where you all would start. I'll try to remember and ask a friend of mine in our legal department on Monday.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 105