It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Nuevo tipo aqui  (Read 3723 times)

Offline alex915

Nuevo tipo aqui
« on: September 14, 2010, 10:19:34 PM »
Hahaha!  So hopefully you got a good chuckle out of that headline!

My name is Alex.  A little about me:  I'm 35, single, never married with no kids (that I know of! ;)).  Originally from Mexico but have lived in the States for more than 20 years.  Speak both English and Spanish fluently and I speak some French and some Japanese as well.  Recently I decided that I wish to pursue the possibility of a long-term relationship with a woman of Latin descent (doesn't have to be Mexican but hey, it wouldn't hurt ;)) and after an internet search, I landed here.  Read several threads already but I decided to go ahead and register to introduce myself.

I hope to learn much from you fine folks.

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Nuevo tipo aqui
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 10:37:02 PM »
Hola Alex. We're happy to have you here.

Offline z_k_g

• Gimingaw ko sa akong uyab!
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 11:34:10 PM »
Welcome Alex!

I joined back in April. My advice is to read the archives, do some searches, and kinda get your feet wet.

Since you are already Latino, you should be able to put some of the advice on P-L to quick use.

We have some experts here to help if you need it (and some if you don't)  ;)!

Good Luck,

Zulu
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 11:34:10 PM »

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
  • Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 11:53:30 PM »

Hi Alex, welcome to the board.Alot of opinions here,just sift thru and find what works for you.
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline alex915

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 12:04:14 AM »
Thanks for the welcome!  Much appreciated.

Yeah, I've been reading several older posts and I must say that this is definitely foreign to me (get it?  get it!?  ;)).  I'm actually quite good with women.  It's just having been through dozens of women in the past 10 years or so have me decide that I am no longer interested in American women.

My parents (especially my dad) had bugged me about bringing back a girl from "the mother land" but I never really seriously considered it until now.

And that's why I'm here reading as much as I can!   ;D

Offline Dave H

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 01:53:10 AM »
Hi Alex,

P-L へようこそ!  (P-L e Yōkoso) Welcome to P-L!

I speak Spanish, but since I don't speak Japanese...I was wondering if you could translate this for me?  ;D

Dave

夏休みの宿題

日本では、ほとんどの子供たちが9月1日に学校に戻りますが、9月は新しい学期の始まりではありません。日本の学校は4月に始まり、3月に終わります。夏には5週間ほどの休みがあります。子供たちにはこの休みのために、普通いくつかの宿題が出されます。小学生の一般的な夏休みの宿題といえば、絵日記や読書感想文があげられます。自由研究(何をしようか困ることが多いものです)もよくある宿題のひとつです。私は、朝顔の成長の観察、月の満ち欠けの観測などの自由研究をしたことを覚えています。私にとって夏休みはいつもとても楽しいものでしたが、9月には、学校に戻って友達に会えることも楽しみでした。
The developmentally disabled madman!

Offline whitey

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 11:32:02 AM »
Bienvenidos Alex!
Hablo espanolo mucho bieno!

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 12:25:27 PM »
...since I don't speak Japanese...I was wondering if you could translate this for me?  ;D
夏休みの宿題...
IM-Translator says:
In Japan, summer homework, but returned to school on September 1, most children, the beginning of September is not a new term. Japanese school starts in April and ends in March. The summer holidays are about five weeks. The children for this holiday, you will have some homework normal. Speaking of summer homework in elementary school general is its diary and book report. Independent research (often in trouble is what to do) is one of the homework is also common. I have observed the growth of morning glory, remember that the freedom of research and observation of moon phases. For me, summer was always a lot of fun, in September, was looking forward to seeing friends going back to school.

Grammar is off (Japanese to English grammar always gets mixed up with the auto-translator software), but you kinda get the idea.  Refined somewhat, you get:
In Japan, most children with summer homework returned to school on September 1 since the beginning of September is not a new term. Japanese school starts in April and ends in March. The summer holidays are about five weeks. The children during this holiday will have some homework normally. Speaking of summer homework, in elementary school, general it is s diary and book report. Independent research (often getting in trouble is what I do) for one of the homework is also common. I have observed the growth of morning glory flowers, remembering the freedom of research and observation of moon phases. For me, summer was always a lot of fun, in September, and looked forward to seeing friends going back to school.
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Offline InnocentVixen

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 02:05:40 PM »
Bienvenido Alex :)

You have a big advantage because of your family and level of spanish, you will be able to approach women that had never considered dating someone out of their country, I think you could find a jewel pretty fast if you plan things right, that does not mean you have to marry her right away, take your time to get to know her and her family.

If your family is not the traditional mexican family keep in mind that it is a different culture, If there is anything I can help with questions about places in Mexico or mexican girls in general let me know and I will try to help.

Buena suerte with wherever you decide to start your search!

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 04:11:54 PM »

Buenos Aries, Alex--(or something like that) and welcome!

My Spanish is so bad, I can't even order at Taco Bell.... :'(
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 04:15:45 PM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline alex915

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 04:47:10 PM »
Haha!  So people do indeed have a sense of humor around here, huh?  I think I'm gonna like this place...   ;D

Thanks all for the cool welcome!  Yeah, I was actually trying to read some of that but my kanji skills are severely lacking and I also went the online translation route.  @Dave:  あんたね! ;).

InnocentVixen, I'm actually a Mexican man (born and raised in Mexico) who immigrated with his parents to the States as a teenager and has lived here for more than 20 years.  That in itself poses for me an interesting situation that I'll explain and request feedback on in a separate thread.  Hey, if you know of any cute, young, good-valued women, please send them my way!  ;)

Oh Taco Bell!  The epitome of Mexican food here in the States!   :D

Offline whitey

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 05:06:59 PM »
Buenos Aries, Alex--(or something like that) and welcome!

My Spanish is so bad, I can't even order at Taco Bell.... :'(

Robert, couldn't be easier to learn, man.  Just add an "o" to every word.  And if they still don't understand, talk louder until they get it!
Hablo espanolo mucho bieno!

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 05:22:36 PM »
Yea Whitey,

Re:

>>Robert, couldn't be easier to learn, man.  Just add an "o" to every word.  And if they still don't understand, talk louder until they get it!<<

I hear ya--been there and done that. Been to Mexico a few times--mostly tourist traps and some neat archaeological sites, but I did add an 'O' to my English and it wasn't even close to being "Spanglish" ( That's the name of a cute movie--even if it does have Adam Sandler in it)

Anyway--I was so bone headed and often 'under the influence' of one thing or another back then, that I would use the tiniest bit of actual Spanish language I knew and the rest was mostly English that I spoke with an awful Spanish ACCENT--as if that would help!

I did throw in a wee bit of what Italian I know, which made the whole thing even more ridiculi...

"Thanka youo very muchio, have a nicea dayio"  (Oye--Myo Corona")
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 05:22:36 PM »

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2010, 07:38:50 PM »
Robert, couldn't be easier to learn, man.  Just add an "o" to every word.  And if they still don't understand, talk louder until they get it!

Como usted frijole? (How you bean?)

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2010, 07:48:18 PM »
IM-Translator says:
In Japan, summer homework, but returned to school on September 1, most children, the beginning of September is not a new term. Japanese school starts in April and ends in March. The summer holidays are about five weeks. The children for this holiday, you will have some homework normal. Speaking of summer homework in elementary school general is its diary and book report. Independent research (often in trouble is what to do) is one of the homework is also common. I have observed the growth of morning glory, remember that the freedom of research and observation of moon phases. For me, summer was always a lot of fun, in September, was looking forward to seeing friends going back to school.

Grammar is off (Japanese to English grammar always gets mixed up with the auto-translator software), but you kinda get the idea.  Refined somewhat, you get:
In Japan, most children with summer homework returned to school on September 1 since the beginning of September is not a new term. Japanese school starts in April and ends in March. The summer holidays are about five weeks. The children during this holiday will have some homework normally. Speaking of summer homework, in elementary school, general it is s diary and book report. Independent research (often getting in trouble is what I do) for one of the homework is also common. I have observed the growth of morning glory flowers, remembering the freedom of research and observation of moon phases. For me, summer was always a lot of fun, in September, and looked forward to seeing friends going back to school.

Yes I remember by future wife and daughter visiting me during the summer and my daughter brought with her lots of homework she had to complete over the summer. Poor kids.

Yes, definitely Japanese has very different grammar compared to European languages:

Watashi wa eiga o mi ni ikitai - literally: I, movie to, go, want
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 07:51:26 PM by Jeff S »

Offline alex915

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2010, 11:03:06 PM »
Robert, couldn't be easier to learn, man.  Just add an "o" to every word.  And if they still don't understand, talk louder until they get it!
Ha!  I tell this co-worker of mine who I practice my French with "Hey, just add 'Le' to any sentence when you don't know the word/phrase."  Maybe I'll just use -desu with my Japanese!   ;D

Offline alex915

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2010, 11:14:35 PM »
Yes, definitely Japanese has very different grammar compared to European languages:

Watashi wa eiga o mi ni ikitai - literally: I, movie to, go, want

My background is in engineering so languages (with their structures, grammatical rules, etc.) come kind of easy to me.  Once you understand that Japanese is subject-object-verb (SOV) and English/Spanish/etc. are subject-verb-object (SVO), it's kind of easy for my brain to make the switch.  Hey, you just gotta speak a little like Yoda (who speaks in OSV, I believe).   :D

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 92