It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Hello All  (Read 5361 times)

Offline Cachaco

Hello All
« on: January 20, 2007, 08:42:44 PM »
Hello everyone,
I'm new here, but have been lurking for a few weeks. My goal is to meet a good woman to marry, and of course like most everyone here I'm looking to find her outside the U.S.
I'm focusing my search in Latin America and specially Colombia because I was born there, although I came to the U.S. as a kid and have lived most of my life here.
I'm now in my early forties, and hopefully I didn't wait too long to find a wife, but anyway, I'm going to give it my best shot.

Offline doombug

• VAWA certified to be 100% free of wife beating.
Re: Hello All
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 01:17:44 AM »

"I can get a great look at a t-bone steak by shoving my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it."--Chris Farley

Offline sean126

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 08:05:32 AM »
Glad you decided to join us.  Welcome.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 08:05:32 AM »

Offline Cachaco

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 02:35:26 PM »
Thank you, doombug and sean126.

Offline papi

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 11:03:29 AM »
hola, i used to exchange emails with another colombian under the old format. i assume you speak spanish..obviously a big help. What is your game plan?? bienvenidos
Red Bull may give you wings, but if Flakes could fly - BAQ is in fact an airport

Offline Cachaco

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 10:20:20 PM »
Hola Don Papi, gracias por la bienvenida. Yes, I am fluent in Spanish. I don't know that I have much of a game plan, what I'm doing is meeting ladies through websites such as colombiancupid, etc., which I think you advocated if I'm not mistaken?
I don't really intend to use the agencies, unless I find myself there in Colombia without any other options. I have been introduced to some women by friends and family in Colombia, but I haven't had good luck with them, I think I'm better off looking on my own.

Offline el_ruso

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 01:53:07 PM »
Hello and good luck.

Obviously your background and language are going to be major pluses.  I don't know your background, but if you set realistic goals and are a good guy, you will have no problems whatsoever.

I would not recommend you to use agencies, because in your situation you don't need them at all.  Your gameplan is good, try personals, try to go out with friends and family.  I am sure you will have plenty of success.

Offline soltero

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 03:30:24 PM »
I have been introduced to some women by friends and family in Colombia, but I haven't had good luck with them, I think I'm better off looking on my own.

Hello Cachaco, Welcome to the board. I am curious as to why the friends and family hookups didn't work out. Would you mind sharing that?
Live as if you will die tomorrow, Plan as if you will live forever...

Offline Cachaco

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 12:14:32 AM »
el_ruso,
thanks for your encouraging words. I'm trying to set realistic goals for myself, not going for the young model types but for more average looking women aged 30 and over (now).

soltero
To answer your question, I met a couple of women:

First one was early-thirties, two kids, I got along well with all three and we had a firm commitment (I thought) until I found out from multiple sources that she was out partying and lying to me about it. Strike one.

Second girl was mid twenties (probably too young..), no children, was not sure what she wanted, but told me she wasn't ready for marriage. I waited patiently for many months, then found out she now had a novio in Colombia, and was engaged to be married. Go figure. But I'm not bitter ;D  Strike two.

Well, you get the idea. If this happens again with another woman, I don't want to blame anybody for introducing me to her.

Offline P Daddy

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 05:51:32 AM »
Damn, a Colombian girl in her 30's, with 2 kids and she isn't an angel sent by God??  Some posters here who love to stereotype and generalize just MIGHT want to comment on this...

Hang in there Cachaco, like everything else, it's just a numbers game.  Get down there and expose yourself to as many women as possible and you'll have no problems.  I wouldn't rule out agencies totally, but just be careful...there are good girls in agencies, regardless of what anyone says.

Good luck!

Offline daytrader

• ** mui feliz **
    • Mechanical Trader
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 06:45:36 AM »
Some posters here who love to stereotype and generalize just MIGHT want to comment on this...

This in itself is a generalization....
Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee (Tom Cruise): I think I'm entitled to them.
Kaffee: I want the truth!
Jessep: You can't handle the truth!

Offline Cachaco

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 07:20:41 AM »
Thanks P Daddy. I agree we can´t generalize one way or the other about Colombia. Some guys here have been very fortunate to find good women, and I'm happy for them. So far I have run into (or rather been introduced to) only bad apples, but I am certain there are many good women still left in Colombia and that's why I'm not giving up just yet.

Offline P Daddy

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 08:20:48 AM »
This in itself is a generalization....

Sorry Daytrader, but it definitely isn't a generalization. There are some here that like to generalize and stereotype, so in this case it is a FACT.  "Some" could be as few as 2 or 3.  Better stick to daytrading instead of logic...and of course you've already shown that math isn't one of your strong points either... :o  LOL...

Sorry Cachaco, didn't mean to hijack your thread ;)

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 08:20:48 AM »

Offline daytrader

• ** mui feliz **
    • Mechanical Trader
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2007, 10:17:28 AM »
Keep using your smarts Cachaco and keep your positive attitude, it will come in handy when you meet a woman that you couldn't find in the States (in this lifetime)....I have been fortunate that I found my Cali Diamond, but I still take life one day at a time.  Since you are fluent, networking is smart, but meeting a few ladies via agencies might broaden your reach a bit. 

Welcome to the forum! 

DayTrader

Kaffee (Tom Cruise): I think I'm entitled to them.
Kaffee: I want the truth!
Jessep: You can't handle the truth!

Offline Cachaco

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2007, 02:34:43 AM »
Thank you daytrader, and congratulations on finding such a special lady.

Offline doombug

• VAWA certified to be 100% free of wife beating.
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2007, 11:58:33 AM »
Get down there and expose yourself to as many women as possible and you'll have no problems.

As long as no fuzz are around when you unleash the python.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 12:11:02 PM by doombug »

"I can get a great look at a t-bone steak by shoving my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it."--Chris Farley

Offline Cachaco

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2007, 12:04:02 AM »
LOL doombug  ;D That's funny.
Though I'm sure that's not exactly the kind of exposure P Daddy meant.. :o

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0