It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Poll

Should I write first then go, or just write?

Yes- Write then go, better to have contacts limed up
12 (75%)
No- Just go, one contact is the same as 100 letter
4 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: September 14, 2008, 03:32:08 PM

Author Topic: Your experience counts!  (Read 4118 times)

Offline Ramgoat

• Where is my Latin novia?
Re: Your experience counts!
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2008, 07:43:43 PM »
Papi; I'm nosey, why did you change your mind on bringing your girlfriend here?
Were any of the other guys aprehensive on this matter also? When I mentioned to a friend that I was planning to visit Colombia within a year to search for that special lady, he and others said to be carefut of women just looking for a visa.  I wonder if anyone has encountered this problem of a woman leaving them, or changing her attitude after a couple years of being in America.

Offline william3rd

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2008, 08:40:44 PM »
Over the recent years, MOST of the relationships are no more. I believe that only about 10% of my former clients are still married and that is the same number that came to mind to my friend, John Roth. You need to position yourself for success when you start the process. That way you dont end up reinventing the wheel over and over again.
Wild Bill Livingston, Esq.

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2008, 09:41:39 PM »
Over the recent years, MOST of the relationships are no more. I believe that only about 10% of my former clients are still married and that is the same number that came to mind to my friend, John Roth. You need to position yourself for success when you start the process. That way you dont end up reinventing the wheel over and over again.

That 10% figure is ghastly but I believe it!

Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2008, 09:41:39 PM »

Offline the_ace33

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2008, 02:30:35 AM »
You need to position yourself for success when you start the process. That way you dont end up reinventing the wheel over and over again.

This is the exact reason I started and will most likely finish my search with Jamie.  You need to position yourself under the care of someone who lives in a particular area and can best guide you.  Perhaps to some the service seems too expensive.  Ive heard it said here before "dont be cheap gringos"  That is good advice considering all the things that can go wrong when you go it alone in a new country.  Get with someone who has created a wheel and use that wheel as your guide to success.  Perhaps William 3rd provides a good "wheel" or service aswell.  It sounds like he may be an agency owner and has seen and learned alot from his experiences. 

Dating in your hometown and dating abroad are entirely different things.  I choose not to make it harder on myself by going it alone. 

tengo una esposa de medellin

Offline william3rd

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2008, 06:25:42 AM »
The smaller in country agencies are the way to go assuming that they can show credibility in how they operate their business. Romance tours and large agencies are NOT the way to go; you are just as likely to end up with a working girl or a green card girl. 

Feel free to ask me about my personal experience with a large agency and their unsavory operations and side businesses!!!!!!!
Wild Bill Livingston, Esq.

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2008, 07:28:12 AM »
Maybe that 10% figure is because the women really do not understand what they are getting into.  For example....my girl is watching a lot of the "WB" channel and I think she thinks life is like that here.  She denies it when I ask her...but some of the things she says makes me believe that she thinks so. 

And she will be a little bit shocked when she gets here that everything is not like TV and the movies.  Even though she has heard it from me and some of her friends that have been here....I don't think it has really sunk in.

And over there it seems like every person has a huge social circle.  So with just a little bit of cash and free time, you can have a great life. But here....it seems like things are a lot more tight.....not as large social circle for some reason.  Less free time. More responsibilities.

Over there things are cheap.  A woman can get her nails done, hair done whenever they want more or less if they have the cash that we make here.  But she does not realize that over here things are very different.  Things cost so much more.  That to have a cleaning lady here for the house costs the same as hiring an electrical engineer over there.

So in the end, she will probably have fewer friends, less social support, more responsibilities, less free time, and be with one guy for the rest of her life....rather than the casual, free life she can have in Colombia if she just had a little more cash.

And on the man's side....if she is not as happy, thin, pretty, satisfied as she was when he met her....maybe she does not fit into his life as well as he thought she would.

At least those are my thoughts.

All of this can be avoided if the couple are completely, 100% in love and dedicated to each other of course.....But how often does that actually happen?

Offline soltero

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2008, 09:39:12 AM »
All of this can be avoided if the couple are completely, 100% in love and dedicated to each other of course.....But how often does that actually happen?

None of it can be avoided, but forewarned is forearmed. Even though you have some idea of what she will end up going through, you haven't a clue yet as to the severity those combined tidal waves will hit her. You should be able to weather the storm, but understand that they have no earthly idea exactly how different life is here from what they are used to and from what they see on tv and in the movies.
Live as if you will die tomorrow, Plan as if you will live forever...

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2008, 12:05:09 PM »

These are good reasons I always say how important it is to be compatable. To be successful I think you need every possible edge.I know how difficult it can be living in a foreign country a long distance from your family and friends.I've experienced that "culture shock" and that alone can be difficult. Throw in a new marriage and it can be too much if the husband doesn't understand and isn't supportive.I know guys that are in that 10% and what most of them have in common is that they had a plan before they even started looking.
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline the_ace33

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2008, 01:52:16 PM »
My motto is failing to plan is planning to fail
tengo una esposa de medellin

Offline fathertime

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2008, 05:23:06 PM »
My motto is failing to plan is planning to fail

My motto is:  Fly by the seat of your pants and pray you don't crap yourself!

Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats