It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Politics, Politics, Politics  (Read 2442 times)

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: > 10
Politics, Politics, Politics
« on: February 17, 2017, 01:45:17 PM »
I know it's been very slow around here, so I was wondering if anyone is up for some spirited but CIVIL discussions on the current political situation in the USA.

How did you feel about the recent presidential election?

What do you think of our new president?

Have the liberals gone completely cookoo?

I see incessant whining by the liberal politicians and media and wonder if this is what the next four eight years is going to be like(?) CNN has pretty much become the anti-Trump channel 24/7, with MSNBC and other major networks trying hard to catch up to them. Some of this "fake news" and crybaby stuff I find hilarious.

I think the last election was the least boring of any I can remember. I mean John McCain and Mitt Romney were just total bores IMO. And Hillary was just pathetic.

Whether you agree with him or not, at least you must admit that Trump has livened things up a few notches...  ;D

Comments?

Ray

Offline Calipro

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Politics, Politics, Politics
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 05:33:11 PM »
I know it's been very slow around here, so I was wondering if anyone is up for some spirited but CIVIL discussions on the current political situation in the USA.

I see incessant whining by the liberal politicians and media and wonder if this is what the next four eight years is going to be like(?) CNN has pretty much become the anti-Trump channel 24/7, with MSNBC and other major networks trying hard to catch up to them. Some of this "fake news" and crybaby stuff I find hilarious.

I think the last election was the least boring of any I can remember. I mean John McCain and Mitt Romney were just total bores IMO. And Hillary was just pathetic.

Whether you agree with him or not, at least you must admit that Trump has livened things up a few notches...  ;D

Comments?

Ray

12 Million Democrats Voted In The Republican Primaries
http://www.redstate.com/diary/creinstein/2016/06/25/12-million-democrats-voted-republican-primaries/

And that doesn't even count the democrats that changed parties to vote in the closed primaries.

And God only knows how many registered democrats voted for Trump in the general election.

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 06:16:27 PM »

Comments?

Ray

He's never boring. But I prefer a president who tells the truth and can put his own narcissist needs and business interests aside to focus on what's best for the country...

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 06:16:27 PM »

Offline Ray

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 03:16:49 PM »

... I  prefer a president who tells the truth and can put his own narcissist needs and business interests aside to focus on what's best for the country...

So I assume you didn't vote for crooked lying Hillary?  ;D

Trump has disconnected from any business interests while he is in office, and he surely isn't serving to enrich himself, as the Clintons have done.

I believe Trump is going to accept a $1 annual salary...

Ray

Offline Ray

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 03:34:17 PM »

12 Million Democrats Voted In The Republican Primaries
http://www.redstate.com/diary/creinstein/2016/06/25/12-million-democrats-voted-republican-primaries/

And that doesn't even count the democrats that changed parties to vote in the closed primaries.

And God only knows how many registered democrats voted for Trump in the general election.

I think the fact that Trump won Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin can only be explained by millions of Democrats dumping Hillary and voting for a real change...

Did you know that the Democrats changed the law in California so that there will likely never again be a Republican on the ballot for a major statewide office?

Now, only the top two vote getters in the primaries can be listed on the ballot.

This last election was the first time in my life that there was no Republican on the ballot for the open California senate seat. You had a choice of two Democrats.

Ray

Offline Elexpatriado

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 07:51:51 AM »

Comments?

Ray

Based on his communications style, it appears to me  he might have Turrettes syndrome. Rightly or wrongly ,Its not just Liberals he is scaring, its foreign governments and population, and hard working decent, legal immigrants (as well as illegal ones whos only crime is that they are in the US illegally)
I agree with a lot of things he is preaching in theory.
Preventing  illegals from hopping over the border, not paying taxes and living on social security. Lowering taxes. More jobs in the US. Having a better health care  system than Obamacare., Preventing the US from having the same problem with a (largely Muslim) influx like in Europe.

However, not so sure about his method of solving these so called "problems" and his method of communicating what he is going to do. (some call it shooting from the hip, being flippant, a bull in a China Shop). One would think that Steve Bannon would coach him a bit before he goes into his tirades. Or maybe it is planned that way, I dont know.

And why all this fighting with the media? Between the Two of them, they sound like Awesome and Robert Angel going on.

All I can say, yes, the media is out to get him, but he is giving them more than enough ammunition , or more than enough rope to hang himself.

A number of questions need to be answered

1. Need details of Obamacare modifications- What about the nitty gritty details , and  how much will it cost? Details please.

2. The wall thing. Why are they concentrating on the wall thing when they continue to do stupid things like give Colombianas with no money, no job visas because they give BJs to Colombian American Visa officers. I am sure there are many other more effective loop holes they can close and be more effective than building a wall. Also, in this day and age, a much better deterrent is motion detectors snd drones, much more cost effective.

3. What is going to happen to all the illegals who are currently in the US, but are relied on for agricultural work, gardening, working in Restaurants, etc., etc.. Now dont tell me Trump supporters or their children are lining up to do this work, to prevent an economic catatsrophe if these workers are suddenly pulled out. Details of who he will deport or not, and how to prevent an adverse econoic ramifications, and how much it will cost. Details please.

4. Trade deals. A lot of work to be done on renegotiating without causing trade wars and a depression. By the way most economists agree free trade and globalization is good for everyone. But Joe Six Pack or whatever they call trump voters never studied Economics 101. Details please.

5.Temporary travel ban for 7 countries. What about doctors, software engineers, entreprenuars currently working in the US who are form these countries. How will Trump address the concerns of industry when he renegotiates his travel ban and tries to ou[snip]through? Anther thing, how come Saudi Arabia (The well spring of Terrorism), UAE, and Egypt, from where al the 911 bombers came from are not inluded in the travel ban? What are the DETAILS of his new proposal. Hope it is better thought out than the last temporary travel ban.

8. Military spending - increaseed by 64 billion. No logic to this. The US is not at war (yet). Where will the money for this come from (Details please)? Hope it doesnt lead to an unnecesary arms race.

9. AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL for true small "c" conservatives-Budget, deficit and debt. Trump wants to 1. ) Massively reduce Taxes. 2.) Massively increase Military spending 3). Spend Massive amounts of money on infrastructure, including the wall. What will happen with the deficit and debt? Something doesnt add up here. I guess Joe Six Pack never took math either.Details pleae.Need a detailed, accountable budget. Trump was supposedl a businessman. Hopefully he can provide the datails, with less gum flapping rhetoric.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 07:56:52 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline Ray

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 03:00:39 PM »

Based on his communications style, it appears to me  he might have Turrettes syndrome. Rightly or wrongly ,Its not just Liberals he is scaring, its foreign governments and population, and hard working decent, legal immigrants (as well as illegal ones whos only crime is that they are in the US illegally)
I agree with a lot of things he is preaching in theory.
Preventing  illegals from hopping over the border, not paying taxes and living on social security. Lowering taxes. More jobs in the US. Having a better health care  system than Obamacare., Preventing the US from having the same problem with a (largely Muslim) influx like in Europe.

However, not so sure about his method of solving these so called "problems" and his method of communicating what he is going to do. (some call it shooting from the hip, being flippant, a bull in a China Shop). One would think that Steve Bannon would coach him a bit before he goes into his tirades. Or maybe it is planned that way, I dont know.

And why all this fighting with the media? Between the Two of them, they sound like Awesome and Robert Angel going on.

All I can say, yes, the media is out to get him, but he is giving them more than enough ammunition , or more than enough rope to hang himself.

OK, you asked some good questions and I'll give you my take on them, but try to answer a couple at a time.

But first, what is this nonsense about liberals being "afraid" of Trump?

What they are really afraid of is losing their leftist gains under 8 years of super-liberal Obama. I think it is obvious that the American people are fed up with Obama's leftist policies, lies, and divisive politics. The November election, and all of the liberals who lost their state seats over the last 8 years clearly bears that out.

The fact is that LEGAL immigrants (like Trump's wife) have absolutely nothing to fear from The Donald, if they stop listening to the leftist propaganda.

Yes, the liberal media is definitely in the tank for leftists and will do anything to help the Democrats oppose EVERYTHING Trump is trying to do. I find it rather refreshing that we FINALLY have a president who isn't going to sit by like a weenie and let the media make up lies and fake news stories without fighting back.

Hell, CNN is no longer a news outlet, but a cheap, leftist mouthpiece that only exists to bash Trump 24/7. I say good on him for calling out their phony fake news BS!

Ray

Offline Ray

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2017, 03:28:56 PM »

1. Need details of Obamacare modifications- What about the nitty gritty details , and  how much will it cost? Details please.

Obamacare needs more than modifications. The whole thing is a disaster and needs to be flushed. The only people who seem to like it are those getting good insurance for free because of government subsidies, and ultra liberals who want the government to control everything in our lives.

The Republicans are working hard on a replacement plan, and there are several that are being considered. I say give them a chance to hash it out and debate it carefully so we don't get another Pelosi "you need to pass it so you can know what's in it" fiasco.

I don't understand why the Democrats won't take the opportunity to get involved in the planning and negotiations so they can have their own input considered. They just can't let go of that stupid Obamacare mess.

2. The wall thing. Why are they concentrating on the wall thing when they continue to do stupid things like give Colombianas with no money, no job visas because they give BJs to Colombian American Visa officers. I am sure there are many other more effective loop holes they can close and be more effective than building a wall. Also, in this day and age, a much better deterrent is motion detectors snd drones, much more cost effective.

The "wall" is going to happen whether the Democrats or Mexico like it or not. And no, a wall (or fence) is not the only answer.

Trump also wants to enforce sanctions on employers of illegals, and enforce a tracking system for visitor visa violations.

I am very familiar with the border fence here in the San Diego sector, and yes, there are and have been for many years, high-tech sensors planted along the border that can detect movement, metal, sound, and video for example. The problem has been that if you don't have a wall, and wait for the illegals and drug smugglers to cross over, then run around the countryside chasing them down, you not only waste a lot of manpower, but the leftist crybabies will lawyer them up and prevent immediate deportation. Obama and his stupid "catch and release" policy was a total joke.

Now the Mexican government is advocating that illegals caught sneaking in should demand a lawyer and court hearings so they can tie up and destroy our legal system. And California is planning to provide legal representation for ALL illegals at taxpayer expense.

If you don't stop them before they cross, then you're wasting your time and money.

Ray

Offline Ray

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2017, 02:39:31 PM »

3. What is going to happen to all the illegals who are currently in the US, but are relied on for agricultural work, gardening, working in Restaurants, etc., etc.. Now dont tell me Trump supporters or their children are lining up to do this work, to prevent an economic catatsrophe if these workers are suddenly pulled out. Details of who he will deport or not, and how to prevent an adverse econoic ramifications, and how much it will cost. Details please.

I agree with Trump and the Republicans that it is useless to talk about what will happen to the illegals who are already here until we stop the bleeding at the borders and crack down on visa violators.

There has been a fairly wide non-partisan view that some illegals should be allowed to stay. I think if an illegal immigrant has been her for a considerable time (8-10+ years?), without any major criminal history, would be allowed to stay and legally work here under a special visa category but WITHOUT any path to citizenship. I think a majority of Republicans were ready to go along with that a few years ago until Obama declared that he would never sign such legislation unless they were all allowed to become citizens. That roadblock killed the whole deal.

As for the so-called "dreamers", those who were smuggled in by their parents at a very young age, I agree with Trump that we should be compassionate and probably allow most of them to stay and even have a chance at becoming citizens.

The real problem in dealing with the illegals who are here is that liberal Democrats are not willing to compromise. They will insist that EVERY illegal who is here, whether they have been here for 1 day or 5 years, should be allowed to stay, become citizens, and bolster their Democrat voting block. They will not agree to deport ANYONE. For liberals, it is all about future votes and attaining power. If these liberal Democrat mayors and governors are not willing to follow our existing immigration laws, then why should we think they will follow any new revised immigration laws? They will continue to defy federal law and do whatever they want to consolidate their power. These dumb-ass "sanctuary cities" (and states) must be FORCED to obey our laws or suffer the consequences.

And this nonsense that Americans will not take "menial" jobs that illegals are filling is total BS. My daughter worked in a major restaurant chain where there were many college and high school students employed part time in bussing and dishwashing jobs. The working conditions were good and they shared tips with the waitresses. She said the American youngsters were all eventually forced out in favor of hiring illegals, who worked for less pay and never complained for fear of deportation.

Americans will do most all of the work being dominated by illegals if the pay is right. One acceptation may be hard stoop labor on farms, but we already have long-standing laws on the books allowing farmers to hire temporary foreign labor. So don't pay any attention to the leftist BS that we need illegal labor.

Ray

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864