It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Embassy Interview (Bogota). Needed Documents?  (Read 5375 times)

Offline Ken2

Embassy Interview (Bogota). Needed Documents?
« on: January 25, 2006, 11:30:09 AM »
My fiancee has recieved an interview date for the 6th of Feb. Her papers dont tell her which papers I need to provide, nor has the embassy (Bogota)contacted me. They have only told her what they need from her. I have an idea of what to bring, but would perfer to be fully prepared. Whats with them not contacting me to inform me????? Any body know exactly which forms are REQUIRED by the petitioner? thanks

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: > 10
Embassy Interview (Bogota). Needed Documents?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 11:53:56 AM »
Ken,

The embassy only contacts the visa applicant and the petitioner is not normally required to attend the interview. All the required documents, including those from you, should be listed in her interview instructions.

Bring an original I-134 Affidavit of Support notarized by a U.S. notary and your financial documents (Tax returns (3), W-2’s, employer letter, etc.). This stuff is required.

Also bring the originals for any documents that were filed as photocopies with your petition. Be sure to include a complete copy of any divorce decrees.

You should also have evidence of meeting within 2 years before filing and evidence of a valid relationship, including phone records, some sample letters (6-10), photos, etc.

Ray

Offline Joeylikey

One more thing
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 12:51:53 PM »
I am currently going through this process.  One added document they wanted was a bank statement showing deposits, balance, and when the bank account was opened.  Hopefully, my wife will be done by today. She has been in Bogota for five days. She hates it there. Too cold.

Planet-Love.com

One more thing
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 12:51:53 PM »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats