It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Follow the "Immigration Battle in the Senate"  (Read 1495 times)

Offline doombug

• VAWA certified to be 100% free of wife beating.
Follow the "Immigration Battle in the Senate"
« on: April 01, 2006, 09:45:49 PM »
"Use this page for hourly updates on action on the floor as Senators consider the most sweeping and radical immigration changes in the last 80 years. This page contains summaries and links to all information you need to understand the legislation, the process and the votes."

http://www.numbersusa.com/hottopic/2454.html

The latest entries:

TODAY: (March 31) Senators continued debating S. 2454, a bill by Sen. Bill Frist (R-TN) that includes moderately tough enforcement provisions and doubles permanent green cards. No votes took place today. The vote on whether or not to replace the Frist bill, in its entirety with the bill passed by the Senate Judiciary Committee is expected on Monday afternoon.

UPCOMING: Senate Judiciary Chairman Arlen Specter (R-PA) is quoted as saying the Senate could work on the bill all next week and into that weekend.

STATUS: On March 27, the Senate Judiciary Committee passed a proposal introduced by Sen. Arlen Specter (R-PA; no bill number) and sent it to the Senate floor for action. The Committee replaced the amnesty and temporary worker provisions in the Specter bill with even worse provisions contained in a bill (S. 1033) introduced by Senators John McCain (R-AZ) and Ted Kennedy (D-MA).

From the same site, you can send faxes such as this to your Senator:

Dear [This fax will go to Your U.S. Senators ]

As you consider immigration legislation this year, I urge you to oppose any program that would result in the legalization of illegal aliens.

I understand several Senators are pushing proposals to reward illegal aliens with amnesty and jobs, and to make it easier for new illegal aliens to come here. This would be a disaster for our already overburdened border patrol and immigration enforcement agents, as well as for hardworking Americans who are already having trouble making ends meet.

Instead, I hope you will support an enforcement-only immigration bill like the bipartisan House-passed H.R. 4437. It contains much-needed provisions to prevent illegal aliens from being rewarded with jobs and to increase border security.

Please oppose all guestworker/amnesty programs.

Sincerely, [Your Name Will Appear Here]
http://www.numbersusa.com/fax

"I can get a great look at a t-bone steak by shoving my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it."--Chris Farley

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 138