It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: TLC - 90 Day Fiance  (Read 31662 times)

Offline Jhengsman

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: TLC - 90 Day Fiance
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2014, 04:23:28 PM »
Of course you realize that all of this drama is contrived just as it is on most reality shows.

I wonder if Daya is her real name, or if it is just a stage name made up by the show producers. For you guys out there married to Filipinas, ask them what "daya" means in Tagalog...   ROFLMAO!

Ray

You were right the fans broke the TLC security, Steve, not Brett was on a missionary trip where he met his wife Dhedhe

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2014, 06:08:17 PM »
They really managed to round up a bunch of bozos for this show. What a collection of losers! The only one I like is the South African chick and even she has the misfortune to be hooked with some idiot who thinks dumping her in a house out in the middle of nowhere for weeks on end is going to endear him to her. She needs to get on a plane back to South Africa. I like the Colombian chick too but again, her guy is a complete loser. No green card is worth putting up with these morons!

Offline dewey4350

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2014, 04:49:22 PM »
Well I watched it after I seen the post here. I have yet to bring a lady over-but the men on that show are as gutless poor example of men as Ive seen also. The man that's in Florida I haven't figured out if he is just that patient or equally dense. Both if I had to guess. Then the gutless dude that is marrying the Filipino. OMG I think we all know why the blond left him in the first place. But Daya if that is her name has no Filipino accent hardly any. And for me I have never seen a Filipino lady not get along with any child. I'm like some of you others what a bunch of outcasts on each side.....

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2014, 04:49:22 PM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2014, 05:16:29 PM »
They really managed to round up a bunch of bozos for this show. What a collection of losers! The only one I like is the South African chick and even she has the misfortune to be hooked with some idiot who thinks dumping her in a house out in the middle of nowhere for weeks on end is going to endear him to her. She needs to get on a plane back to South Africa. I like the Colombian chick too but again, her guy is a complete loser. No green card is worth putting up with these morons!
Well I watched it after I seen the post here. I have yet to bring a lady over-but the men on that show are as gutless poor example of men as Ive seen also. The man that's in Florida I haven't figured out if he is just that patient or equally dense. Both if I had to guess. Then the gutless dude that is marrying the Filipino. OMG I think we all know why the blond left him in the first place. But Daya if that is her name has no Filipino accent hardly any. And for me I have never seen a Filipino lady not get along with any child. I'm like some of you others what a bunch of outcasts on each side.....

It really goes to show that many viewers (including a whole lot of American women) are being catered to as they rub their hands in utter glee, hoping to see a horrific train wreck, so they can probably go and say "Told you so!". After all, it MUST be true--I saw it on TV!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwhxeaVfk3s
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2014, 07:22:38 PM »
The show is designed for short spurts of drama to keep the viewing audience entertained with their short attention spans. I don't see the show as an attempt to depict the males as dirty old men.... sex tourists, etc. They got a nasty fat hag on there with a younger guy... so I figure it's just TV trash with no obvious anti male agenda.
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline Elexpatriado

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2014, 06:39:12 AM »
Good to see you back BCC. I have never watched any of these shows, nor do I care too. I guess I could look for re-runs on YouTube.

Even though I have seen one show, I agree with you 100%. There is no conspiracy against men looking for foreign women by the American Women rubbing their hands in glee, as RA says. The reality is, everybody else in the world could care less, they couldn't give a sh¿t what individuals do, and are too busy with their own lives to care what a few rare "eccentric" men are doing.

As a matter of fact , if anything,my experience is people generally feel sorry for guys when things go wrong with their foreign bride endeavors.

quote author=bcc_1_2 link=topic=7725.msg119989#msg119989 date=1416536558]
The show is designed for short spurts of drama to keep the viewing audience entertained with their short attention spans. I don't see the show as an attempt to depict the males as dirty old men.... sex tourists, etc. They got a nasty fat hag on there with a younger guy... so I figure it's just TV trash with no obvious anti male agenda.

Offline Fosgate5

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2014, 09:54:48 AM »
I power watched season 1 and the first 5 episodes of season 2 after seeing this post. The first season you could tell they were grasping to find and create drama when there really was none. The Columbian woman they tried to play off as a gold digger and the guy as immature living with his parents. First the guy, he's single and gone 2 months at a time in the oil fields. I'm sure he and his folks probably agreed it would be a waste of money to pay rent on an empty apartment and easier for them to get his mail relayed to him etc. Far as I can say for as many oil field hands I have met the guy was a very patient man and he does make decent money for what he does. They tried to play her off as a gold digger wanting nice things but what woman doesn't like to be spoiled a little. With the boots they tried to really dig in as they caught her quoting "More expensive means more beautiful" as everyone gasps. Only much later do we see she started a business with her brother in Columbia designing and making shoes. OK so she fly's off to Columbia to help the company she started with her brother as she was the designer. Anyone who knows entrepreneurship knows entrepreneurs are driven people and to sit on your ass waiting for permission to work while the company you helped start is right there and is probably struggling. So what if she complained about the guy being gone to work, first off It was their wedding, second if I would not be surprised if they had it already planned that she would go back to Columbia when he was working but when they saw how they yanked the rug out from under him there is no guarantee that they won't do it repeatedly when she is back in country thus leaving them no time to see one another.

The ex-wife just needed a falcon punch to the cooter and her new idiot husband needed his mouth sewn shut (comment at lunch). The guy was strapped for cash yet if he pisses her off she seems like the woman that if he pisses her off she will hang him with child support etc. So she has all the cards in her favor as she clearly knows it as she lectures the couple like a parent. This should serve as a warning to brides to be cautious entering a relationship when there is an ex bag of guts hanging around. I'm sure the filipina got here and just realized what she got herself into.

The Russian chick, cant blame her for being the way she was with the family constantly doubting her and some of the things they said right to her face. In my area there are many Russian, Ukrainian immigrants and some that came over as brides. They seem cold and expressionless when they first got here because many of them are frightened as to what to expect. In Europe there is a term "Ugly American" which is a certain close minded American with stereo types of not respecting cultures and for making and ass out of themselves in foreign countries. I knew guys when I was in Germany that would still try to flaunt we won WWII to the Germans to try and win an argument. Some of those Russians get the same treatment from Americans who remember the cold war as people try to embarrass them. Again, nothing there but a scared woman who left everything to come here to a family that wants to grill her.

The Brazilian woman was just so freaking sweet and cute seemed perfect for what a lot of men seek and she wound up with a decent guy with a decent family. With that said I would not be surprised if TLC didn't setup the hair dresser and plant the idea of modeling and push them along to this naive little princess to get a little drama and conflict going.

The couples they showed all turned out pretty decent and of course the transition is not necessarily smooth. I think it opened the eyes of some as to what to expect, maybe have your finances in order for one but also gave a situations a couple may face.

With that said I am surprised they did not show this couple or maybe I just wasn't paying attention.
http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/90-day-fiance/videos/cancel-the-visa-and-break-up.htm

Offline Fosgate5

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2014, 10:23:58 AM »
My take so far on Season 2 = A friggin train wreck. Look at the Americans they found on this one. Just a great classification of people.

First you have the Hippy chick who has no job (shocker) and marries a musician from another country. (Why the hell did they not stay in Nicaragua? Better weed in the US?) Who knows on this one as I don't think we are going to see the entire story until the end.

Next you have the guy from Tunisia coming to the bible belt for the love of his life...wait for it...a big lazy eyed woman living in Klan country with a redneck brother just waiting for the green light to go deliverance on him.

Front and center is the woman from South Africa marrying a naive American who's balls have not dropped yet and is afraid of what his father will do as he tells everyone in the world he is a racist. Not to mention like someone else pointed out the guy put him up in a remote location. Great way for an introduction, "Oh my fathers a racist and were going to lock you up in the woods." I'm sure her only reassurance is that there are camera crews around. Maybe it will turn out.

Next up you have the 23yr old from Brazil marrying some putz from FL with the personality of a robot, house keeping of a hoarder (work in progress room and playboy collection), a father in law that thinks its a good idea since she doesn't like clowns to dress up like one and greet her. Pair that with the guys criticism of her bikini yet he can sneeze a storm cloud without enough manners to cover up himself. She should have stayed in Brazil like her instincts were telling her.
On to the Filipina with the crazy eyes and personality. She has to be a plant to be a warning to Americans as she is clearly using him and he has yet to show a spine.

In all TLC is clearly showing the stereotypes of what society believes in "Mail order brides." They are showing the Americans to be the stereotypes of what society believes the foreign dating types are with one woman being the green card seeker they have been waiting for. Season 2 is absolutely disgusting but hey this the network that brought us Honey Boo Boo. What do you expect? Part of me wishes following in the heels of a successful season one will wind up with the current producer to be fired, a return to a more sensible group like season 1 or the series to just be canceled. Another part of me thinks, good, this will show foreign women to be cautious as well as it may bring up red flags for them to inquire about and eliminate some of my competition. However, how many will this discourage from trying in the first place?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 10:29:25 AM by Fosgate5 »

Offline Ray

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2014, 02:24:06 PM »
I guess they stopped the clock with a quick civil ceremony

I wonder how many of these couples actually married shortly after the fiancé arrived and all this 90-day crap is just more contrived drama to pretend that they might all change their minds and go home before the last minute wedding.

Did anyone else notice that Nicaragua dude was wearing a wedding band in the last episode? I guess he forgot to take it off for the camera...  ???

Ray
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 02:25:50 PM by Ray »

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2014, 05:48:11 PM »
Good to see you back BCC. I have never watched any of these shows, nor do I care too. I guess I could look for re-runs on YouTube.

Even though I have seen one show, I agree with you 100%. There is no conspiracy against men looking for foreign women by the American Women rubbing their hands in glee, as RA says. The reality is, everybody else in the world could care less, they couldn't give a sh¿t what individuals do, and are too busy with their own lives to care what a few rare "eccentric" men are doing.

As a matter of fact , if anything,my experience is people generally feel sorry for guys when things go wrong with their foreign bride endeavors.

I do see things on a more micro scale. Most women want nothing more than to be friends with my wife. The women that don't tend to be married to (or dating) my guy friends and view her as someone to compete against (as they come up wanting).

Granted in the past when feminists come on here and act nice some men will tuck their balls in and be nice back (unaware of what actually gets taught in the classroom). But I don't think the show is feminist, so I don't really have a particular problem with TLC's latest piece of contrived drama for the masses. Let's talk about that 19 kids and counting. How irresponsible is it to promote a family that has 19 or 20 kids as being positive and worthy of promotion. What if every family had 20 kids. What would the world be like? Anyways, it's hard for me to get that worked up about 90 Day.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 05:50:19 PM by bcc_1_2 »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2014, 09:22:20 PM »
Second the motion that it's good to see you back, Bcc_1_2. You and I may not have agreed on a whole lot the last couple of years, but not only do you have every right to express your opinion-- -but you typically do w/o being a low ball jerk--the nana nana boo boo, name calling stuff isn't your style, thank goodness.

Besides, the whole 'point, counterpoint' dynamic your views sometimes elicit is probably a good thing. Why, it even livens up the place! Cheers! :)
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2014, 01:50:59 PM »
Second the motion that it's good to see you back, Bcc_1_2. You and I may not have agreed on a whole lot the last couple of years, but not only do you have every right to express your opinion-- -but you typically do w/o being a low ball jerk--the nana nana boo boo, name calling stuff isn't your style, thank goodness.

Besides, the whole 'point, counterpoint' dynamic your views sometimes elicit is probably a good thing. Why, it even livens up the place! Cheers! :)

Well the problem is I get very little out of this site anymore. But a lot of married guys run into that around here. And over the past 8 or 9 years the travel content continues to drop. What we get now is a bunch of armchair quarterbacking, 2nd guessing, guys talking about doing stuff they never will do, politics that have little practical application in the chica hunt, etc. But when Honduras comes up in the news I will tell people how it really is. Most places aren't as bad as they say it is. Honduras actually is right now. And that's depressing.

Offline Fosgate5

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2014, 11:05:41 AM »
If TLC wanted a dating show for ratings they should look at this site and look at a all the gold digging american women. Spent most my life trying to stay away from women like this and these guys are actually dumb enough to go looking for women like that. They may not be taking money but I still think they are hoo-ers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr5s5VGhYTo

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2014, 11:05:41 AM »

Offline Ray

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2014, 01:27:58 PM »
If TLC wanted a dating show for ratings they should look at this site...

They do look at this site...

http://www.planet-love.com/index.php?topic=7777.0

Ray

Offline Fosgate5

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2014, 02:12:12 PM »
Sorry, I should have clarified when I said this site I meant the company in the video link. No way would I want to invite a circus into my marriage and try to create drama and put our relationship at risk.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 02:15:59 PM by Fosgate5, Reason: add »

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2014, 08:59:27 PM »
The last episode really pissed me off where the father of the US groom who is marrying the South African woman started spouting off about interracial marriage. Here he was claiming that it is not accepted in the US and blah blah blah.... You would think from living in Texas where interracial marriages are very common and quite accepted that he would know better. Ignorant racist [snip].

Offline michaelb

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2014, 09:19:39 PM »
Notice though that the future sister-in-laws did everything possible to help her and make her welcome.  Good for them.   

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2014, 04:39:08 PM »
Notice though that the future sister-in-laws did everything possible to help her and make her welcome.  Good for them.

Very true. I was proud of them for doing the right thing. The shame of it is she seems like a very sweet girl who doesn't deserve to be treated this way by her prospective father-in-law. He can't see her - just her skin color! I notice his wife didn't share in his sentiments and was kind to her as well.

Offline Ray

« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2014, 05:31:19 PM »

Very true. I was proud of them for doing the right thing. The shame of it is she seems like a very sweet girl who doesn't deserve to be treated this way by her prospective father-in-law. He can't see her - just her skin color! I notice his wife didn't share in his sentiments and was kind to her as well.

Relax UC, this is just the phony plot the show producers set up. Wait until the phony wedding ceremonies later and then everyone, even "racist" father, will be all happy and loving. Dad might even make a move on the girl's mom... LOL

Ray

Offline dewey4350

« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2014, 08:39:13 AM »
Ray has spoiled the ending LOL

Offline Fosgate5

« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2014, 02:31:50 PM »
I'm not shocked at all by the father being the way he is. You get out in areas of Texas and see the old "Sundown Town" signs still up in some areas and the attitude is obviously still there.

Offline dewey4350

« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2014, 11:11:51 AM »
Except for the last two years I lived in Texas. I lived in north East Texas then the center even a couple years in West Texas. All in all 40 years. The center of Texas and south is intergrated. West Texas has never changed its always been intergrated. Now you want a red neck go to East Texas its more like 75% good ol boys! And I'm like you as soon as they wed it will change. Besides the show is doing exactly what they want it too. Because we talk we assume and  LOLwe predict...Personally I cant wait for more episodes now LOL its like my " as the earth turns '.

Offline Fosgate5

« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2014, 03:58:00 PM »
I went on a field exercise west of Fort Hood Texas near Eden and my unit passed through a tiny town that had a similar sign only far more expletive directed at blacks. I was driving an my NCO was in passenger seat and was like "WTF!?" being from Atlanta GA. As he zipped up the window on the HUMVEE I reassured him by saying "It's ok sergeant. They'll shoot my Opie Taylor looking azz first for being a race trader so you'll have a chance to get away if we are captured. Me? I'm screwed!" He laughed his azz off. Though he got nervous on a few occasions when civilian ham radio enthusiasts would see our big antennas and would stop along the highway and try to peek at our classified radio equipment. We wouldn't let them and they would comment on our nice pea shooters. (back then we didn't carry live ammo on us and Mexican cartels were crossing the border and purposely getting into an accident with a HUMVEE and then jacking them for their weapons then run for the border.)

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2014, 03:58:00 PM »

Offline Jhengsman

« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2014, 05:39:41 PM »
Of course you realize that all of this drama is contrived just as it is on most reality shows.

I wonder if Daya is her real name, or if it is just a stage name made up by the show producers. For you guys out there married to Filipinas, ask them what "daya" means in Tagalog...   ROFLMAO!

Ray
upon further review and the hundreds online following this it looks like TLC Anglicized her name Dhiah, depending upon how you translate the language and alphabet from its original Arabic source. Nobody is asking or posting whether she is Muslim or how far back the faith may go in her family, yet.

Offline Fosgate5

« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2014, 11:01:44 PM »
Spoiler alert: If you have not seen the last episode do not read.

Shocker, the lazy eyed woman who kept hiding financial problems continued to hide them after they were married. We also saw how her sweet daughters turned on their attitudes. (Just think of how those three act when the cameras are not there.) I could all but guarantee that they guy was trying to line up getting his hind end back to Tunisia as quickly as possible. Can't really blame the guy.

I was kind of surprised the Brazilian woman stayed and married the guy especially after seeing the auction episode and seeing him complain about her nagging at the bar. Who knows though, someday he could wake up and she's gone if he does not change for her. He reminded me of a guy I knew that worked for a large computer company who brought over and married a little Russian hottie. He had very few social skills and I saw him at a car show with here once. You could tell she was uncomfortable as he just stood there looking across the lot, not holding her hand or conversing with her for what seemed like eternity. She was with him maybe a year before she bounced bac. k to Russia.

The racist father I'm not so sure if he really was if you watch how quickly they switch to him and out again as  if they are taking snippets out. To me overall the guy just seemed like a concerned parent that was the last to find out and was kind of blind sided.

Daya. What can I say, step mom is a witch. Does not show up to your sons wedding? If my mother would have done that I would have told her don't bother coming around then either. Good to see the guy finally grew a pair and probably would not be surprised if mom was the reason for the first breakup. "I just said what had to be said." What a self centered kniving witch. I know of two weddings where the parents just turned into absolute children and one mother in law was the reason for the divorce by "saying what needed to be said." in her opinion. So what she said the ring looked possibly fake when she got off the plane. How long of a trip was it? I looked up flight plans to Billings and Missoula from Manila. 26-34 hour flight time if your lucky enough to get one. 47-54 hours if not. That does not include other travel time to Manila or from the arrival destination to the guys house. I can tell you my ex was less than personable after 8 hour flights. She would have been Cthulhu coming off plane dragging the corpses off with her. And who knows, drama inserted by the producers? I myself when I flew from Germany to the states was not so bad but for whatever reason going back east to Germany sucked. Usually took me 2 weeks to shake of the jet lag and get into a regular sleep schedule again from a 28hr travel plan.

Nobody else was much of a concern and they will probably work out.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5873
Latest: zeggers
New This Month: 2
New This Week: 1
New Today: 1
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 152