It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: One needs less documentation to be President...  (Read 3979 times)

Offline OrlandoGringo

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
One needs less documentation to be President...
« on: November 19, 2011, 12:59:06 AM »
...of the United States than one does to bring a fiance/spouse to the United States.  Look at all of the BS one has to go through yet it seems nobody is asking presidential candidates for their bona-fides that would prove they are even eligible to be president.  This country is ------!

Offline maritime04

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: Resident
Re: One needs less documentation to be President...
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 03:08:58 AM »
Yes, very complex process that stared in Feb. and ended this October. lots of forms, paper work, stress and worry.

Offline mambocowboy

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 05:46:49 PM »
Speaking of which, USCIS received my K1 fiancee visa materials 9/14/11 for my Colombian fiancee, and when I check the UCSIS website, it says they'll notify me in writing as to the next step. How long can I expect to wait, or is there anyway to speed this process up? Thanks

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 05:46:49 PM »

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 06:55:14 PM »

Once they have your petition, there is nothing that you can do to speed things up except to have everything ready for the next step when it comes. You just have to hurry up and wait like everone else in line.

Probably another 6 months or so from the time your petition was received...

Ray

Offline maritime04

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 01:24:27 AM »
recived by USCIS march 15th Completed July 5th

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 05:03:48 PM »
Maritime, how long after March 15 was it that you received further instructions on how to fulfill the rest of USCIS requirements? thanks

Offline jm21-2

• Spouse's Country: Taiwan
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 05:29:40 PM »
Once you've sent in the initial paperwork it should just be waiting until your fiance gets an interview date unless there's a problem and they send you an RFE. You should get a notice of action with a tracking number that you can use to track the progress every other day whilst pulling your hair out hoping for some sort of change. 

Offline Ray

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 06:31:46 PM »

Maritime, how long after March 15 was it that you received further instructions on how to fulfill the rest of USCIS requirements? thanks

cowboy,

At this stage you have already fulfilled the USCIS requirements for the fiancée visa, assuming that your petition package was complete and accurate.

The next instructions should be sent to your fiancée after your petition is approved by CIS. But don’t wait for them to mail her the instructions. She should be working on her documentation now for her visa interview.

She will need stuff like a passport, certified birth certificate, police certificates, English translations, etc., so those are things for her to be working on ahead of time.

You should both download the K-Visa Interview Instruction Package from the Bogota Embassy’s Web site so you will know what is going to be expected.

http://bogota.usembassy.gov/appt-package.html  

You should also download a copy of Form I-134 Affidavit of Support and Form I-864P from the CIS Web site so you can start working on your financial documentation, which you will need to send to your fiancee later on for her interview.

Ray

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 06:41:58 PM »
Ray, thanks for the info as that will help us be better prepared.... Of course I have been checking USCIS website everyday with my case number only to see the same relatively useless message that "we will notify you in writing...." I just visited her last week in Barranquilla, and am trying to gauge when I should visit again. Of course I'd like to visit again in about three months as that is a realistic interval given my financial situation, but am also trying to estimate when I might be able to expect her arrival here...

Offline Ray

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 02:38:32 PM »

A visit every 3 months or so sounds great.

My guess for the total time from submitting your petition until she can jump on the plane is somewhere around 8-10 months.

There are a few guys here who recently went through the K-1 process with a Colombiana fiancee, so they can give you more accurate typical timelines based on their personal experience.

Good luck,

Ray

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 05:40:17 PM »
Once you're in the USA, there's more paperwork involved in keeping your dog legal than there is for your child--There's more attention paid to making sure your dog's staying up to date on shots, not running loose and behaving badly than there is for keeping a child in schools, healthy and behaving well. Don't want to feed and clothe your child? We provide free breakfast and lunch as well as school uniforms!
Nowadays, they hardly even bother if your child in school hasn't had his/her shots, but they keep computerized records on dogs and haul you into court and fine you $$$ if you don't 'obey' and kep the shots current.
Also, our schools know who the illegal alien children are, but they're instructed 'not to ask questions'.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 08:29:37 PM »
So I've been reading over some of the paperwork. Apparently, my fiancee will have to have lab tests and a physical done (in that order) in Bogota, before she has the interview. This seems to guarantee she needs to take at least two trips there from Barranquilla...After this process is done, and she and I will have jumped through the many immigration hoops, I don't think I'll have much sympathy for illegals.

Offline whitey

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 08:36:47 PM »
So I've been reading over some of the paperwork. Apparently, my fiancee will have to have lab tests and a physical done (in that order) in Bogota, before she has the interview. This seems to guarantee she needs to take at least two trips there from Barranquilla...After this process is done, and she and I will have jumped through the many immigration hoops, I don't think I'll have much sympathy for illegals.

That sucks.  My wife was able to have all her exams and paperwork done in Barranquilla, with no trip to Bogota required for anything, including interviews.  However, this process is Canadian and we were married ... no fiance visa option for us.
Hablo espanolo mucho bieno!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 08:36:47 PM »

Offline michaelb

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011, 10:04:40 AM »

It's been several years, but my wife (fiancee at the time) managed to do it all in one trip. Once you know the interview date, schedule the medical appointments a couple (or a few) days before it. Check with some of the doctors on the approved list, I'm sure they do that kind of scheduling all the time.

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2011, 10:36:47 AM »
It's been several years, but my wife (fiancee at the time) managed to do it all in one trip. Once you know the interview date, schedule the medical appointments a couple (or a few) days before it. Check with some of the doctors on the approved list, I'm sure they do that kind of scheduling all the time.
you don't need to provide any documents if your ohbummer

pig
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Offline michaelb

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 12:49:43 PM »
Birth certificates? We ain't got no birth certificates. We don't need no birth certificates. I don't have to show you any stinking birth certificates.

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 02:08:05 PM »
Birth certificates? We ain't got no birth certificates. We don't need no birth certificates. I don't have to show you any stinking birth certificates.
HE HE HE
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Offline V_Man

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2011, 05:49:34 AM »
The issue is that us men don't lobby. We dont create political pressure to make these processes easier.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133130
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 222