Forum > Asian -> Trip Reports

Malaria and Dengue Fever Medication Warning

<< < (2/2)

robert angel:
Good to see the military taking a move towards more precautionary methods. I remember not too long ago soldiers having to get shots and take medicines they did not want to, but that they weren't given much choice in the matter. Just like the branches of govt. need oversight, so does the military.

benjio:
I got Dengue Fever here in Brazil in November of 2013. That's what I got for hanging around still, fresh water in Barra. I have NEVER been so ill in my entire life...not even close. An off and on fever that was at 103 degrees at one point, an incessant headache, vomitting, diarrhea, chronic fatigue, absolutely no appetite and a rash on my legs that still has me using Cocoa Butter to try and fade out the scars it left. The worse part was going to the hospital and having the doctor tell me there was absolutely nothing they could do. The only treatment for Dengue is waiting it out....period. I was in the bed around 10 days and lost 17 lbs (may have been more...didn't weigh myself until I started eating solid food again).

After hearing there was absolutely no treatment for Dengue from several doctors, including a few in the U.S., I'd be suspicious of anything someone wanted to shoot into my harm in an attempt to get rid of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version