It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Then and Now on Planet Love  (Read 15271 times)

Offline Jedimaster

Re: Then and Now on Planet Love
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2012, 08:58:53 PM »
In taking a moment to reflect abou the posts here ten years ago and today, I have come to following conclusion.

Then - Majority of posts were focused on guys who actually made trips down to South America and were sharing their experience here so others could benefit.( I know I did!!)

Now- Majority of posts focused on Cyber Novias and the posters eventual break up with their cyber novias. ( double yawn)

Maybe when the economy really turns around we can return to "then"quote]

If one goes back about a year in the trip reports section it does seem like there are less trip reports, less agency trip reports and way less success stories--at least that's the impression that I get.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 09:07:15 PM by Jedimaster »

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2012, 09:57:34 PM »
Republican propaganda? Ah you mean that old concept that working hard gets you success in life. Yeah that old lie. Well, I saw Titanic and now I see the light that those in steerage are all good hearted salt of the earth poor only by circumstance of their birth, while those on the promenade deck are all evil villains stealing their filthy lucre off the sweat of the worker's brow.

Offline maritime04

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2012, 12:50:38 AM »
Hard work doesnt guarantee anything, not even a good result unless you add some intelligence, skill, opportunity and yes alittle luck....

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2012, 12:50:38 AM »

Offline fschmidt

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2012, 06:12:31 AM »

I know I sound like an old lady... but men aren't what they used to be, perhaps is because I am old fashioned but I envy my mother and grandmother, men that had their act together will seriously look for a wife down here back in their days, that includes men from the US, this are men that are still with their wives and made their 1st (or second) marriage their last regardless of how the women turned out... and no, they were not all saints, but they obviously didn't see their wives as disposable goods they can trade for a new model as soon as they tire of them, they didn't ask for a test drive, they would actually value a family oriented lady with good morals.

I totally agree with this.  Modern culture is rotten and American culture is the rottenest.  The men are just as bad as the women.  America still does have a few decent men, but they are the ones who don't fit in to the culture.  These are the guys that foreign women should be looking for if they want a stable marriage.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2012, 11:21:00 AM »

I totally agree with this.  Modern culture is rotten and American culture is the rottenest.  The men are just as bad as the women.  America still does have a few decent men, but they are the ones who don't fit in to the culture.  These are the guys that foreign women should be looking for if they want a stable marriage.

well mschimidt,  I don't entirely disagree with all that you say but lets explore what you are saying here.   what exactly do you mean in the area i highlighted?  what is wrong with your average joe-6pack or some guy wearing a suit and going into the office everyday?  why should a woman NOT be looking for them too?

Thanks,
Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline fschmidt

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2012, 04:16:41 PM »
well mschimidt,  I don't entirely disagree with all that you say but lets explore what you are saying here.   what exactly do you mean in the area i highlighted?  what is wrong with your average joe-6pack or some guy wearing a suit and going into the office everyday?  why should a woman NOT be looking for them too?

Just by the way you responded to me, I can tell that you don't fit perfectly into American culture.  After all, your response seems like a respectful disagreement/question.  A normal American man is incapable of this.  He ridicules all that he disagrees with and has too closed mind to ask any questions.

There is a good movie called "Mail Order Wife" that shows what is wrong with American men.  The average American man is sexually desperate and this has made him dishonest, unreliable, unstable, and confused.  I discussed some of this in my post The Problem with Modern American Men.

We live in a world of rapidly declining morals which affects both men and women and makes it increasingly hard for decent people to find each other.

Offline mambocowboy

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2012, 04:58:40 PM »
fschmidt, those links don't work

Offline JimD

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2012, 05:23:33 PM »
... but men aren't what they used to be, perhaps is because I am old fashioned but I envy my mother and grandmother, men that had their act together will seriously look for a wife down here back in their days, that includes men from the US, this are men that are still with their wives and made their 1st (or second) marriage their last regardless of how the women turned out...

Yup sounds like you're talking about Mitt Romney's relatives down in Colonia Juarez...except for all the poligamy of course...
Esposa y mosa vida hermosa

Offline fschmidt

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2012, 05:42:58 PM »
fschmidt, those links don't work

I guess the moderators here broke those links.  I assume they are American men, illustrating my point.

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2012, 06:24:13 PM »
Nope. No mods broke your links. Try again. We'd like to see what you're talking about also.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2012, 06:45:55 PM »
Just by the way you responded to me, I can tell that you don't fit perfectly into American culture.  After all, your response seems like a respectful disagreement/question.  A normal American man is incapable of this.  He ridicules all that he disagrees with and has too closed mind to ask any questions.

There is a good movie called "Mail Order Wife" that shows what is wrong with American men.  The average American man is sexually desperate and this has made him dishonest, unreliable, unstable, and confused.  I discussed some of this in my post The Problem with Modern American Men.

We live in a world of rapidly declining morals which affects both men and women and makes it increasingly hard for decent people to find each other.

Well Fschmidt, I was hoping you could explain a bit about where you are coming from, regarding joe-6 pack or the average middle management type fellow.   It seems to me that it is hit and miss, there appear to be quite a few decent enough guys out there for the ladies, but most of them are gone for the ladies by the time they hit 30-35, I think that is also true of the american ladies.  seems normal though, good ones get snapped up quick, that seems like a normal market in action!

Fathertime!
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline fschmidt

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2012, 09:08:33 PM »
Nope. No mods broke your links. Try again. We'd like to see what you're talking about also.

Come on, do you think I linked to "IntoleranceCentral"?  I think you need to check again with your mods.

Offline fschmidt

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2012, 09:13:27 PM »

Well Fschmidt, I was hoping you could explain a bit about where you are coming from, regarding joe-6 pack or the average middle management type fellow.   It seems to me that it is hit and miss, there appear to be quite a few decent enough guys out there for the ladies, but most of them are gone for the ladies by the time they hit 30-35, I think that is also true of the american ladies.  seems normal though, good ones get snapped up quick, that seems like a normal market in action!

To be fair, I am not sure how much I have dealt with joe-6 pack.  My life in America was in the rat race and I was certainly surrounded by rats.  And on the internet, I have seen a consistent pattern of American men being the worst posters on forums.  So maybe I haven't met that many joe-6 packs in either place, I don't know.  What I do know is that I am much happier living in El Paso where most people are Mexican than I have been living anywhere else in America.  But I would say that I also like the Americans here in El Paso, but I just assumed that they weren't typical Americans.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2012, 09:13:27 PM »

Offline braziliangirl

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2012, 10:30:02 PM »
Come on, do you think I linked to "IntoleranceCentral"?  I think you need to check again with your mods.

Hi Fschmidt,

I even tried to type www.intolerancecentral.org and it didn't work... Maybe there is something wrong with the domain.

BG

Offline fathertime

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2012, 11:06:39 PM »

To be fair, I am not sure how much I have dealt with joe-6 pack.  My life in America was in the rat race and I was certainly surrounded by rats.  And on the internet, I have seen a consistent pattern of American men being the worst posters on forums.  So maybe I haven't met that many joe-6 packs in either place, I don't know.  What I do know is that I am much happier living in El Paso where most people are Mexican than I have been living anywhere else in America.  But I would say that I also like the Americans here in El Paso, but I just assumed that they weren't typical Americans.

Well fschmipt it appears that the real link you would like to post is not permitted here but let’s discuss a couple things. 
1.       It appears that you have had some experience with american business type men, so can you tell me specifically why they are bad for a woman…what is wrong with them? 
2.[/size]        You mention that you haven’t had much interaction with ‘joe 6-pack’ types…that is a large segment of our population so if you truly haven’t had any experience with these types of guys you should consider not making sweeping statements regarding American men! 
As I mentioned earlier, I’m not seeing this society as a war between men and women…I see plenty decent men and women and also quite a few that don’t interest me…I just assumed that was normal.  Am I missing something?
Oh and I'd be curious what it is you like specifically about the behavior of the men in El Paso, you also singled out the Mexican men as meeting your approval.  What is it that they are doing that you feel more american men should be doing? 

Thanks!
Fathertime!   
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline thekfc

• No man was ever wise by chance. Seneca
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2012, 07:40:15 AM »
It is a forum/blog where he and a few other guys post. maybe the domain name expired or it have been taken down for some reason.
I remember reading some of it a few month back after he said that he have never meet a decent American woman.

I do not know his views on American men and would also like to know. We already know some of his view on American women which are:
He is allergic to American women.
American women make his blood boil.
He have managed to avoid living among American women for most of the last 20 years.
He have no American women friends.
If you put the best woman in the world into mainstream American culture, she will become a vile bitch.
If we were all forced to wear a warning label, what would yours say?

Offline fschmidt

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2012, 08:53:31 AM »

It appears that you have had some experience with american business type men, so can you tell me specifically why they are bad for a woman…what is wrong with them?

They are simply bad people; selfish, dishonest, and completely lacking in integrity.  They aren't the kind of people that a decent person would want to have a personal relationship with.

2.You mention that you haven’t had much interaction with ‘joe 6-pack’ types…that is a large segment of our population so if you truly haven’t had any experience with these types of guys you should consider not making sweeping statements regarding American men!

I said I am not sure how much exposure I have had.  I have to generalize based on my experiences.  I have lived in America for quite a while and what I have seen is that the quality of American men that I have dealt with has steadily dropped in my lifetime.

As I mentioned earlier, I’m not seeing this society as a war between men and women…

I agree with that.  Since both are terrible, they are made for each other.

I see plenty decent men and women and also quite a few that don’t interest me…I just assumed that was normal.  Am I missing something?

Either we are seeing different things or we have different standards.  I have never met a decent Aemrican woman, my age or younger, in my life.  And decent men are increasingly rare.

Oh and I'd be curious what it is you like specifically about the behavior of the men in El Paso, you also singled out the Mexican men as meeting your approval.  What is it that they are doing that you feel more american men should be doing?

Mexican men are hardly ideal.  Mexican men are also selfish, dishonest, and lacking in integrity, just like American men.  The difference is that they aren't self-righteous about it.  In other words, they won't turn nasty just because someone disagrees with them.  This makes them tolerable to deal with.

Modern culture is a moral cesspool and only those few religions that resist contain really decent people.  I have met decent people among Hasidic Jews and Orthodox Christians.  I suspect that Anabaptists and Muslims could also be decent.  America used to have a great moral culture, but that is long gone.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2012, 12:22:31 PM »
They are simply bad people; selfish, dishonest, and completely lacking in integrity.  They aren't the kind of people that a decent person would want to have a personal relationship with.

I said I am not sure how much exposure I have had.  I have to generalize based on my experiences.  I have lived in America for quite a while and what I have seen is that the quality of American men that I have dealt with has steadily dropped in my lifetime.

I agree with that.  Since both are terrible, they are made for each other.

Either we are seeing different things or we have different standards.  I have never met a decent Aemrican woman, my age or younger, in my life.  And decent men are increasingly rare.

Mexican men are hardly ideal.  Mexican men are also selfish, dishonest, and lacking in integrity, just like American men.  The difference is that they aren't self-righteous about it.  In other words, they won't turn nasty just because someone disagrees with them.  This makes them tolerable to deal with.

Modern culture is a moral cesspool and only those few religions that resist contain really decent people.  I have met decent people among Hasidic Jews and Orthodox Christians.  I suspect that Anabaptists and Muslims could also be decent.  America used to have a great moral culture, but that is long gone.

Fschimidt,

I was able to find your website.   I find it to be very good and full of decent information.  I was able to link to some eye-opening other sites through your site.   I do have one question though, is that you on Youtube with those videos?  You may know which ones I'm referring to, ramzpaul...if that is you the one video I saw was VERY good and you speak really well.

Fathertime! 
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline thekfc

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2012, 12:58:30 PM »
The mentioning of the youtube video "jolted" my memories - I now remember his site and it is up & running (I just checked).
I did read his piece titled "My Guide to Life"? He also writes very well.

Offline fschmidt

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2012, 02:57:49 PM »
I just got a private warning about my posts.  I assume I will be banned soon.  (I am quite used to being banned from forums, so nothing new here.)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 04:26:50 PM by Dan »

Offline braziliangirl

« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2012, 03:52:20 PM »
Can someone explain me why did Fschmidt got a warning about his posts?
I see a bunch of nonsense posts daily here and no one gets banned for that. If he is going to be banned simply for posting a link, I'll be happy to leave the forum too.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2012, 04:14:55 PM »
BG,

I'll bet there's more than meets the eye here and that given time, we'll find out what's going on 'behind the scenes' in the open forum.

I don't feel as if we're being treated as children or with heavy hands--the intrigue's a bit interesting as it plays out.

I don't know why members here who couldn't view the posts initially, then later on viewed them, haven't shared the actual live links--is it really 'taboo'? Didn't someone here who viewed it claim it's " very good and full of decent information"?

That's just another interesting facet of this. Regardless of how this plays out, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 04:17:54 PM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • Russian Women Discussion
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2012, 04:28:15 PM »
Can someone explain me why did Fschmidt got a warning about his posts?
I see a bunch of nonsense posts daily here and no one gets banned for that. If he is going to be banned simply for posting a link, I'll be happy to leave the forum too.

BG,

As he stated - he is quite accustomed to being banned. I explicitly told him the violations of the PL Terms of Service. Rather than comply, he has decided to make this defiant post. So be it. He is now banned.

- Dan

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2012, 04:28:15 PM »

Offline thekfc

« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2012, 05:49:29 PM »
Robert, reading his site, I do not find it good nor full of decent information - just the opposite. Reading his site makes you wonder why was he even here on PL.

I say that he writes very well as I wanted to quiz him on something. :-X

Offline braziliangirl

« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2012, 06:21:03 PM »
BG,

As he stated - he is quite accustomed to being banned. I explicitly told him the violations of the PL Terms of Service. Rather than comply, he has decided to make this defiant post. So be it. He is now banned.

- Dan

Thanks for replying, Dan!

Perhaps I should study the ToS.

BG

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0