It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: looks like i am getting married  (Read 28814 times)

Offline piglett

• your porkness
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: looks like i am getting married
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2010, 09:23:58 AM »
Pig,  sorry but I've got to ask, Have you visited your GF yet?

Steveb

NO I have not Steve. Say what you like but there has come a time for me to make a choice & if I have chosen wisely then this whole deal will work out fine. If I didn't pay attention ,didn't see the red flags, & didn't do enough research then I mite just get my teeth kicked in!. I guess It has just come down to a leap of faith.If ur not able to move to the foreign country & spend months with her your girlfriend then isn't marrying a foreign woman a leap of faith in the end ?? I have been communicating with this lady for a year & a half . I have done quite of few little things to see if I could trip her up, she has always in the end proved to be the article genuine.I decided in the beginning  that i would not borrow any money for this foreign bride search & that includes running up a stupid credit card, after all credit cards are nothing but unsecured revolving loans. As it Turns out 3500 bucks has fallen into my lap. I bid on a small demolition job & there were no other bidders so i got the gig. I can't take vacations every few months like some members have been able to. there is just no way that I would be able to get away with it & keep my regular job. So I am taking 2.5 weeks off @ the end on May & I will throw caution to the wind & see how it all turns out.

piglett
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2010, 09:39:28 AM »
Piglett, the poor kitty is broke, why are you trying to rob it?  ;D
?.....I think ya lost me on that one

Offline thekfc

• No man was ever wise by chance. Seneca
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2010, 09:56:55 AM »
?.....I think ya lost me on that one
piglett, look to your left in your avatar.
If we were all forced to wear a warning label, what would yours say?

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2010, 09:56:55 AM »

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2010, 10:16:00 AM »
piglett, look to your left in your avatar.
he he he yes I changed my normal avatar to the "stick up kitty" one.
I don't know where Marily is getting her info from for this wedding, whoever it is must be think that I am royalty or something. I told her that the budget is $1500 for the wedding honeymoon not included. we will rent everything but my suit & her dress.
Her family will do all the cooking which includes her uncle roasting the pig.
Also we have been offered free wedding car service which we accepted.

piglett   

Offline thekfc

« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2010, 10:48:40 AM »
he he he yes I changed my normal avatar to the "stick up kitty" one.
I don't know where Marily is getting her info from for this wedding, whoever it is must be think that I am royalty or something. I told her that the budget is $1500 for the wedding honeymoon not included. we will rent everything but my suit & her dress.
Her family will do all the cooking which includes her uncle roasting the pig.
Also we have been offered free wedding car service which we accepted.
piglett   
Ahya was give a quote of 58,000 pesos ($1,300usd) for our wedding & it included the chapel, reception, food & drinks for 100 guest and also the wedding car & that is for Metro Manila.  I will bring my ivory dinner suit & Ahya already have her dress, everything else we will rent too.

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2010, 10:54:38 AM »
Ahya was give a quote of 58,000 pesos ($1,300usd) for our wedding & it included the chapel, reception, food & drinks for 100 guest and also the wedding car & that is for Metro Manila.  I will bring my ivory dinner suit & Ahya already have her dress, everything else we will rent too.

KFC can you PM me with the info?
maybe these people in the province heard the word Kano & think they are planning a wedding for Bill Gates or something?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 01:59:02 PM by piglett »

Offline ByChoice

• Commercial Member
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2010, 12:27:16 PM »
I don't know if someone mentioned this already but there is a one day seminar you and your friend must attend to get your license in the PI.  My wife an I played tic-tac-toe through most of it.  And remember, she wants, and needs to show her family she caught a good one.  The most expensive thing for me was the party afterwards.  I covered everything. 

Ive known tens of guys who married pinays, and the biggest mistake they made was to take their new wives to live in the USA.  Once you Americanize a Filipina she can be just as brutal, if not more so, as the worst American women.  The divorce courts are full of them. 

I suggest for anyone who is about to marry a Filipina that he spend 6 months here to see how the men treat their children and wives....Its not the same as America.  You should learn the values and mores of the culture so you know what her expectations are.  Otherwise, you are doomed.

Offline thekfc

« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2010, 01:10:42 PM »
KFC can you PM me with the info?
maybe these people in the province heard the word Kano & not they think they are planning a wedding for Bill Gates or something?
Done - check your inbox.

Offline thekfc

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2010, 07:56:39 PM »
Piglett - I am not sure if you got my first pm - I check my outbox & nothing was there (I did click save a copy to my outbox). So I resent it.

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2010, 09:43:25 PM »
Piglett - I am not sure if you got my first pm - I check my outbox & nothing was there (I did click save a copy to my outbox). So I resent it.
Just got home from work & both PM's are in there thanks.
once Marily gets a full list together I'll post it here & maybe we can all sort it out to figure out why the price is so stinkin high.The 1st price we were quited was $2300
& ur getting a really nice place for $1300  ??? what the hell dude???

piglett

Offline Ray

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2010, 12:27:28 AM »

$2300 is not expensive for a Filipino wedding.

I would recommend that you not put her on the spot by comparing prices with someone else's wedding costs.

Ask her for a detailed list of costs if you like but don't be a nitpicker over this or you will only cause hard feelings all around.

Like I said before, put her on a budget and then stand back and let her do her thing.

Ray

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2010, 12:37:30 AM »
$2300 is not expensive for a Filipino wedding.
I would recommend that you not put her on the spot by comparing prices with someone else's wedding costs.
Ask her for a detailed list of costs if you like but don't be a nitpicker over this or you will only cause hard feelings all around.
Like I said before, put her on a budget and then stand back and let her do her thing.
Ray
I hear ya Ray & I have told her that the budget is $1500 . Now if she comes back & says that she just can't do it for that then & guess i'll have to throw in a few extra bones.

Offline ByChoice

• Commercial Member
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2010, 01:16:24 AM »
I hear ya Ray & I have told her that the budget is $1500 . Now if she comes back & says that she just can't do it for that then & guess i'll have to throw in a few extra bones.

$2300 dollar wedding is rediculous. $1500 is outrageous.  the average Philippine wedding comes nearer to   P7000.  That Equates to about $150; thats one hiundred and fifty dollars.  May get married for less than that.  If your spending 1500 dollars for your wedding you are being ripped off.  $1500 is over 70,000 pesos.  I live here man, and hardly any local would see that kind of money over a 6 month period.  The average teacher makes P10,000 a month. 

Dont go hog wild spending money for a wedding or you will set an uncomfortable president for your future.  You will then be expected to send sister, brothers, nieces and nephews to college.  You do not know what you are letting yourself in for.  I dont care how hard she gets your dick, if she is expecting you to pay more that P7000 you are being set up for a big fall.  This is a land where a Navy captain can act like a god.  The average US wage earner can live very well, and a Poor american would feel fairly wealthy. 

Think about what you are doing man, dont let the wrong head do your thinking.

bychoice

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2010, 01:16:24 AM »

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2010, 09:36:06 AM »
$2300 dollar wedding is rediculous. $1500 is outrageous.  the average Philippine wedding comes nearer to   P7000.  That Equates to about $150; thats one hiundred and fifty dollars.  May get married for less than that.  If your spending 1500 dollars for your wedding you are being ripped off.  $1500 is over 70,000 pesos.  I live here man, and hardly any local would see that kind of money over a 6 month period.  The average teacher makes P10,000 a month. 
Dont go hog wild spending money for a wedding or you will set an uncomfortable president for your future.  You will then be expected to send sister, brothers, nieces and nephews to college.  You do not know what you are letting yourself in for.  I dont care how hard she gets your dick, if she is expecting you to pay more that P7000 you are being set up for a big fall.  This is a land where a Navy captain can act like a god.  The average US wage earner can live very well, and a Poor american would feel fairly wealthy. 
Think about what you are doing man, dont let the wrong head do your thinking.
bychoice
Thanks for your input & yes I am aware of what some people there make in a month.
I think Marily makes about 9600 pesos a month as a nurse.
here is the question I have.....are you talking about a church wedding or just a civil wedding? Marilys dress is $130 so that would only leave 20 bucks for flowers & I guess i would also have to pay the preacher something too. so how can you get married for $150 there ??

thanks piglett

Offline thekfc

« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2010, 10:25:12 AM »
$150 to get married?
Maybe he is talking about a civil wedding - going to city hall and getting married there & no reception and nothing else.

I am happy to spend 58,000 pesos to get married in June and I find that as being a cheap price.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2010, 10:53:06 AM »
We need to balance out experience here and lean more heavily to the guys who've 'been there, done that'--including realistic $$$ figures--which have changed over time and vary from the province to metro areas.

Experience rules here--or should--Ray and his cadre, come immediately to mind here, before jumping to false assumptions and unhealthy suspicions. Being suspicious in and of itself is not wrong here, but be informed as much as possible too, before making any accusations--even assumptions...maintain your cool!
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline thekfc

« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2010, 11:08:23 AM »
We need to balance out experience here and lean more heavily to the guys who've 'been there, done that'--including realistic $$$ figures--which have changed over time and vary from the province to metro areas.

Experience rules here--or should--Ray and his cadre, come immediately to mind here, before jumping to false assumptions and unhealthy suspicions. Being suspicious in and of itself is not wrong here, but be informed as much as possible too, before making any accusations--even assumptions...maintain your cool!
I concur!

Offline Ray

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2010, 01:37:55 PM »

piglett,

A $1500 budget is not unreasonable for a small budget wedding with 50 guests.

If that’s the budget you gave her to work with, then let her find a way to live within that or let her make up any additional funds elsewhere. You’d be surprised what these ladies can do with a limit on the funds.

And for the so-called “expert” who is touting the $150 wedding, that is the cheap-ass version for guys who don’t have a job and have to rely on their wife for living expenses.

$150 will get you a wedding at the local bar, to one of the bar girls, wearing shorts and flip-flops, with a fake plastic ring. That should cover her bar fine, a few rounds of San Miguel for the house, and an overnight honeymoon in one of those flop-hotels that charges by the hour.  ;D

Ray

« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 06:54:16 PM by Ray »

Offline z_k_g

• Gimingaw ko sa akong uyab!
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2010, 04:24:32 PM »
ByChoice

How do you come up with $150 USD for a wedding?

Can you please itemize and show a sample budget for this type of wedding?  (In PH Pesos)

Are you talking a civil or church ceremony?  How many guests?  Food? Flowers? Invitations? Clothing for Brides, bridesmaids, groom and groomsmen?  Facility rental?  At someones home?

Just wanting to know the quality of the $150 wedding.

And, assuming this is the low end, what would be the middle or modest budget in your opinion for nice  wedding?

Zulu
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2010, 07:07:54 PM »
Personally, I think eating on big banana leaves looks very cool and it's certainly a bargain, but the bride would probably prefer at least those fancy 'Chiffon' brand paper plates..... ::)
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2010, 07:19:17 PM »
I'll have all of the prices soon & I will post them here so everyone can give them a look.

piglett

Offline z_k_g

• Gimingaw ko sa akong uyab!
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2010, 07:52:25 PM »
Thanks for your input & yes I am aware of what some people there make in a month.
I think Marily makes about 9600 pesos a month as a nurse.
here is the question I have.....are you talking about a church wedding or just a civil wedding? Marilys dress is $130 so that would only leave 20 bucks for flowers & I guess i would also have to pay the preacher something too. so how can you get married for $150 there ??

thanks piglett

Piglett,  I am curious to your $1500 budget. 

thekfc is paying $1300 and his wedding is in Manila where everything is, from what I understand, costlier.  And reading his post, he is having his ceremony at a high dollar place!

Why is yours more?  Maybe cost is not an issue, and by American standards $1500 is just the cost of a cake!!  So maybe i'm splitting hairs, but I would like a ceremony in the Phil also and would love to see what your budget looks like when you post it.

Zulu

« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 11:18:51 PM by zulukong »
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2010, 08:01:44 PM »
Piglett,

piglett,  I am curious to your $1500 budget.  
thekfc is paying $1300 and his wedding is in Manila where everything is, from what I understand, costlier.  And reading his post, he is having his ceremony at a high dollar place!
Why is yours more?  Maybe cost is not an issue, and by American standards $1500 is just the cost of a cake!!  So maybe i'm splitting hairs, but I would like a ceremony in the Phil also and would love to see what your budget looks like when you post it.
Zulu
My girl Marily will be back in Manila tomorrow night , she is a nurse & travels throughout the Philippine's with her medical mission group.
I hope to have all of the costs from her soon.
one of the reasons that my wedding may cost a little more is that we are having a church wedding not a civil ceremony. As soon as i have all of the numbers I'll be glad to post them here on the board.

piglett 

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2010, 08:01:44 PM »

Offline piglett

• your porkness
All the numbers
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2010, 10:33:02 PM »
well here are the numbers for the wedding expenses
7500p wedding dress
2500p 4 bridesmaid dresses & 4 flower girl dresses(Marily purchased a bolt of cloth & is sending it to the province)
1500p dress pants & shoes for her dad
1500p new dress & shoes for her mother
1500p new dress & shoes for her sister Lisa who is helping do the wedding planning
300p new dress pants for her brother Jonel
400p dress shoes for her little sister (she is 10)
2500p flowers for the church
1000p invitations ( we are only send out about 20)
600p for something called "giveaways" 20 pieces @ 30p each
1500p priest fee
1000p knives forks spoons napkins etc.
5500p wedding cake
5000p drinks including the beer ( I said let's go ez on the beer, don't need any drunks fighting)
2500p to pay the cook ( some family members will also be helping cook the meal)
10,000p 1 cow
7000p 2 pigs (we are also being given a 3rd pig to roast)
5000 this is for the rice , vegtables & the other "fixins"

not included in this price is the honeymoon (we will just go to a small resort 45 min. away)
Also we are being given a free "brides car" with driver all we have to do is pay for the gas used by the car.

piglett
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 10:56:25 PM by piglett »

Offline thekfc

« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2010, 09:44:05 AM »
I think that is a very good price list.

We are paying about the same - I am paying just a little more
The 58,000 pesos that I am paying for Villa Salud includes the food, drinks, wedding cake, wedding place (chapel & reception), brides car, flowers, photographer.

The following I (we) are paying for separately:
Wedding gown - I already sent her one.
Bridesmaid dresses - they said that will take care of it. They were leaning towards buying the fabric & making the dresses themselves.
Invitation - they are making it themselves, I saw a sample of one they did & I was impressed.
Cameras/camcorder - I am bringing 2 Cameras & 1 HD camcorder.
Giveaway gifts - they want me to bring some inexpensive stuff like key chains & the likes to be given out as giveaways. I am also bringing some other stuff for our sponsors & the people who are helping us. I will do some more shopping this week & send 2 Balikbayan Boxes out next week.

Piglett, do not forget photographers and/or Videographers, I did not see it included - you want to record the moment.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 66