It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: K-1 Terrorist  (Read 2120 times)

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: > 10
K-1 Terrorist
« on: December 04, 2015, 02:57:25 PM »

Now that we know the Islamic terrorist mass murderer in California is a recent K-1 Fiancee, I'm starting to hear comments in the media like "maybe we need to tighten up the screening for fiancée visas" and the like.

Though I tend to agree that ANY visas for citizens of predominately Muslim countries should get extra scrutiny now, I feel that the common misconceptions about K-1 visas are again making them a target.

We already know that Islamic terrorists have used student visas, visitor visas, refugee visas, etc., to enter the country, but I don't hear any calls for tightening up the screening for those.

IMO, the last thing our government should be pushing for right now is for a large influx of Middle Eastern refugees into the country. I don't mind helping refugees over there, but this push for bringing more refugees to America at this time is insanity. And the same folks who are calling for tighter scrutiny of K-1's are also calling for increased Middle Eastern refugees.

Opinions?

Ray

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
Re: K-1 Terrorist
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 03:40:22 PM »
Most countries have no counterpart to the K-1 visa. I have long thought that they should be eliminated.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 08:15:18 AM »
Now that we know the Islamic terrorist mass murderer in California is a recent K-1 Fiancee, I'm starting to hear comments in the media like "maybe we need to tighten up the screening for fiancée visas" and the like.

Though I tend to agree that ANY visas for citizens of predominately Muslim countries should get extra scrutiny now, I feel that the common misconceptions about K-1 visas are again making them a target.

We already know that Islamic terrorists have used student visas, visitor visas, refugee visas, etc., to enter the country, but I don't hear any calls for tightening up the screening for those.

IMO, the last thing our government should be pushing for right now is for a large influx of Middle Eastern refugees into the country. I don't mind helping refugees over there, but this push for bringing more refugees to America at this time is insanity. And the same folks who are calling for tighter scrutiny of K-1's are also calling for increased Middle Eastern refugees.

Opinions?

Ray

Hey Bozo,

Yeah regarding the K-1, I would expect to hear nothing but negatives from both the media and most people in general. 

Most countries have no counterpart to the K-1 visa. I have long thought that they should be eliminated.

Hey UC,
Why should they be eliminated?

Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 08:15:18 AM »

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 02:10:30 PM »
They are probably one of the most abused categories of visas.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 333