It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: pan de bono aka whomestrong has passed away after a long battle.  (Read 44605 times)

Offline singlefather no more

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
info for you..
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2008, 09:32:30 PM »

pan de bono,

I sent you an email with Dr. Santanger personal cell phone number if you need his advice or to talk to him.. He PM'd me the info..

I also sent you my phone number and email info..

Give me a shout..

Take care,

singlefather

Offline pan de bono

happy to announce i recieved both singlefathers email and catz email. thanks guys!
also got a call from Sir jake and from singlefather, thats for the calls and emails guys.
anyone on this board is more than welcome to email me <removed e-mail address at the request of pan de bono> , my real name is John i go by WMS or pan de bono/vida or Scotty.
i welcome all contact and i will be checking the board everyday several times a day so feel free to post anytime i will respond to your comments and questions.thanks everybody and a special thanks to singlefather for starting this thread.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 09:13:54 PM by catz »

I just got off the phone with John aka pan de bono aka whomestrong aka scotty on PBH..

The following information below John gave me permission to reveal..

John aka whomestrong aka pan de bono has a positive attitude and he has a plan and a goal.. He has a girlfriend in Cali that he has had on and off for 7 years.. The last time he got cancer he broke up with her and told her to get another guy since he was in a life and death struggle..

He keeps in touch with her regularly and they have been back together as a couple. She wishes she could be here to take care of him.. His plan and goal as soon as he beats this cancer is to head down to Cali and spend some time with his girl friend and get married ASAP..

Yes John some good Latina loving will have you shipshape in no time..

John is a very outgoing and friendly guy.. He has been overwhelmed by the posts , emails and the sticky here on PL , it is a big lifeline for him.. All emails and phone calls to him are much appreciated..

So if you have a few minutes give him a call between the times of 11 am - 12 midnight Arizona time which is 3 hours behind the eastern time zone..

Here is a guy that is in a fight for his life and he remembers me from PBH , PL and WLC and my huge custody battle for my kids and the blurb that Larry King on CNN did on my fight.. He is concerned about how I have been doing and all the hell my children and I have been through.. John aka whomestrong aka pan de bono is a class guy..

One huge problem John has right now is that his refrigerator/ freezer broke down a few days ago..

Catz emailed him about trying to help set something up to help him out financially.. John aka whomestrong aka pan de bono is going to try to set up a paypal account tomorrow..

I have been mentioning his (John) name a lot in this post because we are not dealing with just a poster's moniker we are dealing with a man fighting for his life and trying to get back to his colombiana to get married..

singlefather

Planet-Love.com

Offline pan de bono

good morning PL members, its 6 am here in AZ and i have not been to slep yet, i am exhausted but just cant sleep.
im having trouble with this whole feeding tube thing the liquid bloats me something terrible, so when i unplug it to give my poor intestines a break i get very weak and light headed.
i am more worried about this tube thing than i am the chemo.
im not sure how to fix this tube feeding problem?

Offline pablo

• I don't have to show you any stinking badges!
Good morning John,

I hope you will be able to get some much needed rest soon. 

Based on what you've posted regarding your feeding tube it doesn't sound like you received much instruction on its use.  If you didn't the two links below have some good information on the use and care of them.

http://www.oralcancerfoundation.org/dental/tube_feeding.htm

http://endoflifecare.tripod.com/huntdiseasefaqs/id108.html

Hang in there amigo!  You have a lot of concerned friends praying for you.

Offline pan de bono

thanks Pablo, appreciate all ideas and information.

badges! we dont need no stinking badges! great movie.

John,

Try to get some sleep you need to keep your strength up..

singlefather

Offline pan de bono

im trying stepdaddy, its so difficult to sleep in my recliner it to squishy, i need a more solid chair.
i cant sleep in a bed.
i am averaging about 4 to 5 hours sleep a night

Offline Dave H

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: Resident
Hey John,

Maybe if you can find a better bed or chair, we can start a fund to purchase it and make a better nights sleep easier for you.

Dave H.
The developmentally disabled madman!

Offline pan de bono

a quick message to all PL menbers and beyond. I have posted something similar to this on WLC and PBH.

i just want to take a moment and say that anyone on this board or beyond that i may have angered or attacked in the past i would like to appologize to you at this time.
anyone that has angered me in the past or attacked me i want you to know that i hold no grudges or anger towards you. all is forgiven all the way around...a new slate..
i want to thank all of you for your support and advice you have been very helpful.
if i make it i want to meet up with you guys for a cold one someday in Colombia or  where ever. if i dont make it then i want you all to know i have enjoyed the debate and friendship of PL members.
and finally lets beat this damn thing so i can get on a plane to Colombia.
i am feeling a little weaker these days so i probably wont be posting as often as i had planned to do, but i do promise you i will get on this site at least 2 or 3 times a week and read your posts and abswer you questions and comments.
thanks everybody, talk with you later
Pan de Bona/Vida

pan de bono,

How you feeling ? We have not heard from you for a few days..

singlefather

Offline pan de bono

UPDATE: Hello fellow members. Sorry i havent written in awhile, i have been very busy and very weak so i just do not make it to the computer as often as i used to.

alot has happened this week, im going to try to keep it all as short as possible as i tire quickly.

as you know i have been trying along with the help of friends to get some sort of nursing aid to come into my home a couple of days a week to assist me. finally after numerous calls and faxes and complaints a nurse called me and said she would be out Monday to access my situation, im look forward to that meeting.

i am shocked at the lack of communication between the doctors offices, my surgeon has especially dropped the ball, he did not make any contact with either my oncologist or my primary doctor. i saw my primary on friday and he wa shocked when he saw my sugery leaking and all the pain i was in, the surgeon didnt send him even one notice of my situation.

i went to the surgeon on Wed. i showed him that my stitches are leaking, he pressed on the stitches and a large amount of fluid came out, he pushed again and more came out. he didnt seem to worried about it, cleaned it up, bandaged it and sent me home, no instructions, nothing. weird!

it has leaked everyday since then, i just clean it, and bandage it and move on.

i met with the Oncologist tuesday, he has scheduled my radiation to begin this Monday. he is holding off on the chemo untill this leaking problem is solved.

i have lost 23 pounds and i havent even started rad or chemo yet.

i have also just in the last day been having lots of sharpe pains in my abdominal area.

i have recieved hundreds of encouraging emails and phone calls wishing me the best ( with the aception of one negative email i recieved). many of those of encouraging contacts that i received are from you the members and i want to thank you all for your support and well wishes and suggestions.

im here alone and doing almost everything by myself, on occasion i have had a few friends stop by and do some things for me.

not much more happening here, i keep fairly busy all day just doing basic things like flushing my feeding tube, sterilzing things, changing bandages, i also watch alot of TV, nap, get to the computer on occasion, do some reading, etc. not very exciting but the day does pass.

i certainly do miss food, have not swallowed solid food for 3 weeks now, O how i miss food, anything a salad, a burger, even some cheese and crackers sounds good, all out of the question, the doctor says try to swallow soft and liquid foods. the only thing i seem to be able to keep down is tea with honey, broth, water, gatorade andthats about it, all other nutrition comes through a tube.

once again i want go thank you all for your support and please feel free to ask questions or give some advice.

i plan on beating this thing, its gonna be tough but i am ready to take it on ( if these stitches will ever stop leaking).

all of you take care,
WMS, pan de vida, john

Offline bigstew33

it's been quiet I guess things have picked up for you.  That would be a good thing

Planet-Love.com

Offline pan de bono

hi Big, yea its weird around here, very quiet, then all hell breaks lose my phone starts ringing, people showing up at the door, then it goes silent again, then starts all over again.
i like the activity because it keeps me occupied and io dont think about my situation.

by the way the few of you that do have my phone number please feel free to call  and also anyone that wants to post or ask me questions please feel free to do so.

tomorrow is my first day of radiation treatments, here we go!

Offline Dave H

Hi Pan De Vida,

Good Luck tomorrow!!!

Dave H.

Offline pan de bono

thanks for your support Dave, you are an A-OK guy!

Hang in there John... Keep fighting..

singlefather

Offline pan de bono

thanks single father. there was a nurse that was supposed to call me and come by today between 9AM and 10 AM, well i am not surprised that she has neither called or come by and it is now 10:20AM.

also i supposed to get a phone call at 11:00 AM from the insurance people.

then earlier this afternoon its off to my first radiation treatment, nervous but also excited.

later guys!

Offline Dave H

Hey John,

Thanks for calling me an "A-OK guy!" I just have to be careful it doesn't get out and ruin my reputation around here as a 'badazz!"  (especially with the femnazis)  8) = ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

When you're at the hospital, be sure to chat with the Filipina nurses. You just may fall in love! Or perhaps they know a lady that might be a great potential Mrs. Vida.

"Mabuhay" (Ma-boo-hi) means "To live!" It also means hello. Use it to greet your Filipina nurses.  ;)

"Palarin ka sana!", which means "may good luck be with you!" in the Philippnes.

Dave H.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 01:28:50 PM by Dave H »

Offline Kiltboy1

• She Loves What's Under The Kilt
  • Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: > 10
Hi PDB

I have not been on the board much because of my job and travel schedule and did not realize you were sick. I truely will have you in my prayers and just keep up a good positive attitude and you will beat this thing and be back south having a cold one just as you are dreaming to have one day. Keep your chin up and you have friends here  anytime you need a good talk or laugh , remeber that !!!!!

KB
She Loves What's Under The Kilt !

Viva Ecuador !

Offline pan de bono

thanks for the well wishes guys. im  just happy that finally the real waork has begun on the real bad guy the cancer. i have wated (thanks to the Docs) 3 weeks on infections and ER's and other junk. but now the radiartion has begun and im ready to start the fight.
take care guys.

Offline flipflop

WOW

UN-freaking believable thread, my jaw is on my keyboard.

Good luck Pan, get well soon

Offline pan de bono

i have a buddy that travels to the orient alot on business ( he is in the rug business) he got back today from 3 weeks gone he read all my emails and he called me up , he is absolutely shocked and even angry about what i have endured. he said the same thing said his jaw dropped onto the keyboard.
i might write a book, there is just to much stuff going on to forget it.
take care

Planet-Love.com

Offline pan de bono

Hi, well the swelling in the ankles has seemed to subsided, the feeding tube is clear now and i am able to recieve liquid food, i flush the tube every 4 to 5 hours now, the stitches still leak but very little. I am running out of antibiotics but the surgeon has not contacted me so i do not know what he has planned for me, this doctor has to say the least been a big disappointment to me and my health. This doctor doesnt return calls, he is difficult to work with and never gives me instructions or even sets up followup appointments. weird!

i have a few small problems one- i feel somewhat light headed and weak most of the time. two - for some reason the bottom of my left foot feels sore like a bruise, sensitive.

i have completed one week of radiation and i have 6 weeks to go. i meet with the oncologist Monday he will decide when the chemo will begin.

this has not been pleasant for me and i realize it has only just begun.

thank you all for your support and well wishes. i will gladly accept all suggestions, well wishes and questions.

take care, Pan De Vida

Offline pablo

• I don't have to show you any stinking badges!
Re: Pan de Bono Update
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2008, 11:01:30 AM »
Update on John:

Hi Friends,

Time for my weekly update. Well lets see…I had 5 more days of radiation this week which means I now have completed 10 radiation treatments and only have 28 to go. my throat is raw, I can't swallow anything including water and it makes me feel tired and frustrated.

I received a huge package from the state of Arizona this week they sent me 25 forms to fill out, I think they are tired of paying for my treatments and are trying to find some one else to do it. I am always amazed by the governments of the USA and the states. They are more than willing to tax us, take our money, send it to countries all over the world and not blink an eye. But when we the Americans who have worked all our lives and paid into the system and served our country through the military need help they do everything in their power to avoid helping us. I can tell you this I am very disappointed in our country, in the state of Arizona, the insurance system, and the medical system, you don’t really realize how screwed up it is until you are thrown into and get a first hand look at it. What a mess!

Heres and example of something that happened to me just this week. I called SRP and asked if I could get a discount on my electric billings since I am not working and home on medical. They said yes and sent me two forms one for me to fill out and one for the doctor to fill out. Well I filled out mine and sent the other off to the doctor, the doctor says we don’t fill this out its your surgeon that does that, so I ask the surgeon, he says no not me it’s the hospital, so I call the hospital and they run me around and say no its your surgeon. Finally after a whole week…nothing got signed, no one cares, it has stopped dead. See what I mean…its insane, no one wants to help, no one wants to take 10 minutes and fill out a form for me. This is the world we live in, this is the sytem.

Met with my oncologist and he has set me up to begin the chemo treatments on Thursday the 22nd. I am also scheduled to entire the hospital on Monday the 19th to have a port installed in my chest to receive my chemo. That’s what I want more hospitals more surgery, more cutting and IV’s and other great medical things, I haven’t experienced enough I need more. Please excuse my humor but you get to a time and point where you have had your body so abused that you just laugh about it because there is nothing else to do, you need to cry or laugh because it has become so ridiculous constantly being abused. However, it is something that must be done so here I go again.

I also met with my surgeon on Thursday he removed the staples in my hernia surgery the remaining scar looks terrible, not very quality work, also there is a open gap about ¼ inch long that he failed to close up all the way. I have cleaned it and put Neosporin on it and bandaged it.

I now have a nurse that comes to my home one day a week, she changes bandages and takes my vitals then leaves, ok?

I have applied for long term care, someone to help me around here, but I am told by the state that it takes about 5 to 6 weeks to have something like that approved, yup sounds like the government is doing the usual good speedy work for its citizens. So I have to wait 6 weeks and then maybe still not get assistance….ridiculous!

Had a few friends come by this week to visit and help me out around the house, I want to say thank you to my sister
Valerie, friends Ruben & Theresa, friends Lena, Thom and their mom, and neighbor Roberto.

While I'm thinking of it, does anyone out there know anything about fax machines. Mine will not send or receive faxes. It will make copies. Anyone have any experience or have a mechanical ability please call or email me. Its an HP 1040 fax.

Well, another week has passed , next week will be a busy week with surgery and chemo and radiation and of course I will keep you all informed.

Again I welcome you all to call or email me . My phone is on daily from 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM, unless of course I am with a doctor or receiving radiation.

I'm doing the best I can to fight this thing, sometimes it beats me down, sometimes I become very depressed or feel like giving up, but thanks to all of you and your support I bounce back.

I cannot even begin to tell how much I would love to have a tall glass of iced water, if this tumor ever shrinks and I am able to swallow I promise you the very first thing I have will be that tall glass of iced water. In fact I am going to buy a special tall thick glass just for the occasion and put it in my kitchen and look at it every time I go in there.

All of you take care, God less you, have a nice weekend, and I will check in with you again next week,

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 293