It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: pan de bono aka whomestrong has passed away after a long battle.  (Read 44610 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • Russian Women Discussion
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Re: pan de bono aka whomestrong has passed away after a long battle.
« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2009, 02:39:58 PM »
Zack:  I still have the group photos that include John.  However, I am unable to post them here as I would like as some of the men in the photos do not wish
to have their faces posted on a public forum due to personal reasons.  Some of them worked for the U.S. government and have declined my request to post the photos. 

Also, the photo posted on P-L's competitor site was provided by me and not Tinto.  I sent the photo directly to the owner of the other site.  Tinto obtained my email address through this site and is now claiming that he found the photo on some photo site.  I'm not sure how he obtained my email add but I'm not happy about it. 

>>Tinto obtained my email address through this site and is now claiming that he found the photo on some photo site.  I'm not sure how he obtained my email add but I'm not happy about it.<<

I assure you Tinto did NOT obtain your email address "through this site." We have made specific security protections to prevent such problems and there is NO possibility of his getting it from anyone of the staff here.

- Dan

Offline pablo

• I don't have to show you any stinking badges!
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2009, 08:50:32 AM »
Also, the photo posted on P-L's competitor site was provided by me and not Tinto.  I sent the photo directly to the owner of the other site.  Tinto obtained my email address through this site and is now claiming that he found the photo on some photo site.  I'm not sure how he obtained my email add but I'm not happy about it. 

Pontiac,

I did obtain your email address directly from this site.  You provided it in one of your posts (http://www.planet-love.com/forum/index.php?topic=1962.msg17791#msg17791).  I simply read your post history.  The reason why I contacted you was to request that you send a photo to Steve after he mentioned that he would like to honor John by posting one of his photos on his web site.  He asked that someone please send him one of John's photos since he didn't have one.  Since I am a member of both sites I was aware of your post above mentioning that you had multiple photos of John.  I then sent you and email putting you in touch with Steve.

I never claimed that I found John's photo on some web site.  In fact, the only two people that knew that I was involved with Steve obtaining a photo of John was you and Steve.  I never heard back from either of you but was glad to see a nice photo you sent Steve to honor John's memory.

If you are "not happy" about others obtaining your email address (even for a worthy cause like this) I would suggest that you not publicly list it on forums for all to read. 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 09:06:23 AM by pablo »

Offline pontiac

« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2009, 06:50:49 PM »
Pontiac,

I did obtain your email address directly from this site.  You provided it in one of your posts (http://www.planet-love.com/forum/index.php?topic=1962.msg17791#msg17791).  I simply read your post history.  The reason why I contacted you was to request that you send a photo to Steve after he mentioned that he would like to honor John by posting one of his photos on his web site.  He asked that someone please send him one of John's photos since he didn't have one.  Since I am a member of both sites I was aware of your post above mentioning that you had multiple photos of John.  I then sent you and email putting you in touch with Steve.

I never claimed that I found John's photo on some web site.  In fact, the only two people that knew that I was involved with Steve obtaining a photo of John was you and Steve.  I never heard back from either of you but was glad to see a nice photo you sent Steve to honor John's memory.

If you are "not happy" about others obtaining your email address (even for a worthy cause like this) I would suggest that you not publicly list it on forums for all to read. 

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2009, 06:50:49 PM »

Offline pontiac

« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2009, 07:11:11 PM »
Let me get this straight your Mr. humbleness.
First, you search the archives for some message that I sent on May 20, 2007 so that you could contact me regarding someone you've have never knew?  I did post my email back then when I was visiting Cali but how would you know where to specifically look?  Did you just stumble upon my email address?

If you were simply looking for a photo to provide to another forum, why did yo find it necessary to re-post my email address here?  Many gringos in Medellin know you as a backstaber and perhaps that's your true persona and why you have resorted in this instance by listing my email add 2 years after I inadvertently used it in one email 2 years ago to contact a friend. 

How did you know that I was a friend of John's in the first place?
You've never posted previously regarding John so why now?  You've got a lot of nerve to reply with a reference to "a worthy cause".  In John's rememberance, I will not not insult his memory by substantiating your sneaky way of "helping" out.  However, I strongly suggest that you do not continue in this manner with this type of outlandish behavior.  Grow up dude!

Offline pablo

• I don't have to show you any stinking badges!
« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2009, 10:52:15 PM »
Quote from: pontiac;
Let me get this straight your Mr. humbleness.
First, you search the archives for some message that I sent on May 20, 2007 so that you could contact me regarding someone you've have never knew?  I did post my email back then when I was visiting Cali but how would you know where to specifically look?  Did you just stumble upon my email address?

Mr. humbleness?  I'm not sure why you feel the need to do your saber rattling especially when I sent you an email earlier today explaining in further detail as to why I contacted you at your email address.

When you commented in this thread concerning John you had 16 posts on this forum.  If you aren't familiar with the software at P-L it is rather easy to find what a member has posted when visiting their profile.  It took all of a couple minutes to find your email address that you publicly listed.

I also previously mentioned to you that I was in contact with John and we spoke on the telephone a few times after I first heard of his illness.

If you were simply looking for a photo to provide to another forum, why did yo find it necessary to re-post my email address here?  Many gringos in Medellin know you as a backstaber and perhaps that's your true persona and why you have resorted in this instance by listing my email add 2 years after I inadvertently used it in one email 2 years ago to contact a friend.

Again, since I was aware that you had numerous photos of John (from your above post) and that Steve was searching for a photo I sent an email putting you in touch with each other. 

My intention in providing the link above was to show you that you had publicly listed your email address on the forum.  If that bothers you I'm sure that Catz or Dan would eliminate that link and/or remove your email address upon your request.   

How did you know that I was a friend of John's in the first place?

You mentioned it above.  Would you like a link?

You've never posted previously regarding John so why now?

I have posted numerous times on this forum and others giving updates regarding John's health from various sources.

You've got a lot of nerve to reply with a reference to "a worthy cause".

With all due respect, you are the one that has the nerve to even bring this nonsense up.  Helping provide a photo to be posted in John's remembrance is IMO a worthy cause.

In John's rememberance, I will not not insult his memory by substantiating your sneaky way of "helping" out.

I believe that you have inadvertently already insulted John's memory by your false accusations of "backstabbing" and being "sneaky".     

However, I strongly suggest that you do not continue in this manner with this type of outlandish behavior.  Grow up dude!

If you believe that helping you provide a photo of John in remembrance of his life is outlandish and childish behavior then guilty as charged.  How would you define yours?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 07:47:09 AM by Dan »

Offline singlefather no more

« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2009, 12:15:51 PM »

pontiac,

You sent the picture to Steve who received it I understand. That is nice for all to have a pic.

This is disgusting the whining in this thread about a picture of John in whomestrong thread.

For your information the gentleman you are getting mad at has kept in touch with John and posted on more then 4 sites about John. He never took credit for your picture being posted on another site which you sent the picture too.

If you have a beef about him taking credit on another site then contact that site admin by PM. Just like this should have been handled on PM here also.

You should be ashamed of yourself Pontiac by your actions in this thread.

If you continue this tirade , I will ask PL Admin to delete all these posts including mine that have nothing to do with John passing on.

Offline lite sweet dude

« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2009, 08:40:34 PM »
We were polar opposites politically. But at the end of the day, we're all humans and it's terrible news to hear of his passing.
Godspeed & RIP Pan de bono.

Offline lswote

« Reply #107 on: May 31, 2009, 09:29:45 PM »
I am very sorry to hear of his death.  His postings with his struggles with the cancer and all the little issues he had to deal with like clogged IVs and not being able to eat was so easy to relate to.  Simple things we can all understand.  Also his loneliness in dealing with this disease pretty much by his self was very poignant.

In reading his obituary I saw his age was 61 when he died.  I never read any of his postings in any other threads he contributed to other than this one, so I didn’t know any details of his life and for some reason I thought he was a young man in his late 20s or early 30s.  I didn’t realize he was 61.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 305