It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Barranquilla the trilogy  (Read 11351 times)

Offline stevekoozer

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Barranquilla the trilogy
« on: August 29, 2015, 09:57:34 AM »
 Changed my travel arrangements and am currently in Barranquilla. Arrived very late last night had my connecting  flight delayed in Houston 6 hours for mechanical problems. After some hassles with customer service with my airline I got switched around to Bog then to Barranquilla which put me about 3 hours later than my original arrival. My flights down were business class,well I had to take economy to get here last night. I did though get a full refund for my bizz class tickets and on my return too. To top it all off my luggage did not make it even though I was assured it would be here no issues. Well it was still sitting in good old Texas at George Bush INT when I got here. So I got a few hours sleep and got on the phone and got it resolved with some effort. I ended up going through a few people to get to a customer service manager this morning. By this time I was getting pretty p!ssed. So luggage will be delivered here to my appt at 2 pm my personal mileage is boosted 250 thousand and my return flight for bizz is credited back to my credit card and I have access to two free upgrades to bizz class in the next 12 months to BAQ. Yes guys I played dirty on this one. My company uses this airline on a regular basis to the tune of about 250 grand a year when sending guys to Texas amongst other destinations globally. I played that card and it worked out. My boss will be getting the suck up phone call this Monday morning but he is away on a salmon fishing trip on the west coast and he does not take calls on vacation so that should make em sweat a bit more. Been working with each other and have been friends for about 20 years so he will run with this one for all its worth.

The squeaky wheel does sometimes get the grease if you have some leverage on your side. My gal waited at the airport for me with no complaints and when I woke up this morning she was gone. When I got out of the shower she was back with tooth brush tooth paste floss ECT I never asked for that and had planned to do it myself. She left for her 4 hours of work this morning and then will come back to get some money to go do the shopping for this week. I guess I have been instructed to have a nap then watch some fĂștbol while drinking beer and she will return with the shopping and then cook dinner. I DON'T THINK I NEED A PI to CHECK HER OUT!!!!!!!! Irregardless of what our budding sociopath member says. 

Sorry guys if the above is a bit over the place I am freeking wiped not much sleep this week getting my work cleaned up to be able to take this trip.

This will be an ongoing roaming report while I am boots on the ground here. I left my laptop home so any pictures will be from my blackberry so please excuse the poor quality. I have only 2 smart phones with me not five or six. One is my regular phone and one is my Barranquilla phone.

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Barranquilla the trilogy
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 11:32:59 AM »
Steve, great she is cooking for you and looking after you. I got a good feeling about this gal

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 06:37:46 PM »
Meh....the bat $hit crazy ones are always the best homemakers. JK Steve...best of luck to you man!  8)

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 06:37:46 PM »

Offline stevekoozer

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 09:16:59 AM »
Meh....the bat $hit crazy ones are always the best homemakers. JK Steve...best of luck to you man!  8)

She is pretty easy to get along with Ben. I got breakfast today with fresh juice the whole works. So so far she is not the typical emotional Latina that we all have heard about or experienced at one time or another. So either something is wrong with her or something is very right. I will go with the latter versus the former. We had a couple of fights that I started a while back and we worked through the arguments with out her going bat sh!t crazy. She just went out to get us coffee at Juan Valdez. Still to early to tell but she might be a keeper then again I have seen women do a 180 once they get thier hooks in you time will tell.

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 01:05:54 PM »
Don't let the naysayers get you down. To me it looks like you know what you're doing and you're doing all right!

Offline stevekoozer

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2015, 02:46:15 PM »
Don't let the naysayers get you down. To me it looks like you know what you're doing and you're doing all right!

There are only a couple of the naysayer types on this site and Ben ain't one of them he was just giving me a good razz. Just heading out to her parents place now for dinner and drinking. Typical Latin night with your girls family the women try to feed you to death and the men want to see how many beers you can put away. So if you leave with your stomach protruding and a bit of a sway in your walk you are typically A OK. I am looking forward to it should be a good time she is nervous as sh!t which makes no sense to me but I am currently getting a couple of glasses of Malbec into her so she relaxes a bit. Will up date you lads tomorrow on how the event went.

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2015, 08:53:57 PM »
Hope you have a great trip and enjoy your time with your lady Steve. How long you staying for?

I also had my luggage delayed by 24 hours when I went to Barranquilla. Been fortunate to not have that happen on any of my other trips to Latin America.

Offline stevekoozer

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2015, 07:12:17 AM »
Hope you have a great trip and enjoy your time with your lady Steve. How long you staying for?

I also had my luggage delayed by 24 hours when I went to Barranquilla. Been fortunate to not have that happen on any of my other trips to Latin America.

Well was planning for one week but I might extend it to two weeks. Going to call the airline today and see if I can get my return ticket changed. Last night was a pretty good time lots of food lots of beer. Her brother inlaw brought a bottle of old Parr and was telling me it is the best whiskey on the planet. Kind of similar in flavor to battery acid I recon. I like scotch from time to time but I don't really like that stuff too much. But I did not turn the shots down out of respect. So she had us in a taxi at 10 last night before I got to slathering drunk. Me and her dad get along famously. And he is funny as sh!t her brother inlaw is a bit of a crazy type when drinking that much is for sure. He is a lawyer so I suspect he is all professional all week long then gets a bit too nuts on the weekends. First time meeting him so I can't say for sure exactly what he is like but I am leaning towards my current thoughts. His wife my girls sister and my girl both ripped on him for feeding me shots and more shots. Shortly there after was in a cab back to the appt. Well I don't feel too bad this morning considering how much I consumed and I am not in the "dog house" so all is good.

Time to head to Juan Valdez for a coffee.

Offline JWR

• Divorced after a 10 year marriage to a Colombiana
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2015, 11:18:34 AM »
Steve, glad you're having a good time.

For other guys going down, I suggest you just be yourself.  If you like to drink at home, then drink.  If you don't normally drink, then don't feel pressure, and just say no.  Often the girls are sick of their boyfriends getting [snip] faced, and are looking for something different in a guy.

I've lived in Cali, and also spent a lot of time in Baq.  Been to many parties, and never felt any pressure to drink, or do anything I didn't want to except salsa.

Colombia is not a bad place to keep your wits about you.

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2015, 04:19:31 PM »

Well was planning for one week but I might extend it to two weeks. Going to call the airline today and see if I can get my return ticket changed. Last night was a pretty good time lots of food lots of beer. Her brother inlaw brought a bottle of old Parr and was telling me it is the best whiskey on the planet. Kind of similar in flavor to battery acid I recon. I like scotch from time to time but I don't really like that stuff too much. But I did not turn the shots down out of respect. So she had us in a taxi at 10 last night before I got to slathering drunk. Me and her dad get along famously. And he is funny as sh!t her brother inlaw is a bit of a crazy type when drinking that much is for sure. He is a lawyer so I suspect he is all professional all week long then gets a bit too nuts on the weekends. First time meeting him so I can't say for sure exactly what he is like but I am leaning towards my current thoughts. His wife my girls sister and my girl both ripped on him for feeding me shots and more shots. Shortly there after was in a cab back to the appt. Well I don't feel too bad this morning considering how much I consumed and I am not in the "dog house" so all is good.

Time to head to Juan Valdez for a coffee.

Old Parr is mediocre at best. Much better Whiskeys made in the U.S....the average Colombian just can't or won't pay for them. When I'm there I think Ron Medellin 12 Years Aged. It's rum but it's aged like Whiskey so it's almost like a Barcardi Gold/Jack Daniels blend. Definitely not for everyone though.

I don't think I know a lawyer on the planet without a bottle of scotch in his desk drawer, so I'm thinking he's probably having a little fun during the week as well. LOL!!!

Sounds like you're having some fun down there! Always a good sign when you start looking to extend a trip.

Offline Kiltboy1

• She Loves What's Under The Kilt
  • Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2015, 06:28:16 AM »
Nice to see you are enjoying your trip and your gal sounds very cool as well.

A lot of people do not like BAQ but I would put it in my top 3 favs in Colombia( Medellin being my least fav). I always enjoyed my trips there.

If you have time, go to Parque Washinton to Harry's Bar( if it's still there) and do some people watching from the second floor

Also, Piso 23 is a must to have a cocktail and Appy and get a view of the whole city.

Old Parr sucks/ Latins here in my city thanks it's the bees knees--I'll stick to The McCallan :)
She Loves What's Under The Kilt !

Viva Ecuador !

Offline stevekoozer

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2015, 11:07:40 AM »
Nice to see you are enjoying your trip and your gal sounds very cool as well.

A lot of people do not like BAQ but I would put it in my top 3 favs in Colombia( Medellin being my least fav). I always enjoyed my trips there.

If you have time, go to Parque Washinton to Harry's Bar( if it's still there) and do some people watching from the second floor

Also, Piso 23 is a must to have a cocktail and Appy and get a view of the whole city.

Old Parr sucks/ Latins here in my city thanks it's the bees knees--I'll stick to The McCallan :)

Just sitting outside on the patio at Juan Valdez having my morning coffee watching people and enjoying breeze. My whiskey of preference is Talisker 18 though I don't drink too much hard stuff any more but will have one on the rocks from time to time. Now days it is a cold beer or a glass of wine mostly. Used to drink a lot of rum in my younger days but that too has fallen by the weighside now. Don't know about you guys but hangovers last me about a week now and I can do with out that. My gal made a seafood chowder for us last night from my mom's recipie that I had sent her a while back. Well you can't get clams here easily so she used octopus and mussels instead. It turned out awesome and I like it better than the same one with clams. So it was a nice change! I have been trying to get to cook since I have been here to no avail until this morning. So tonight I am going to make dinner my power of persuasion finally won out. Attaching the picture of the chowder. Have a good day boys I will update later.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2015, 01:15:08 PM »

Just sitting outside on the patio at Juan Valdez having my morning coffee watching people and enjoying breeze. My whiskey of preference is Talisker 18 though I don't drink too much hard stuff any more but will have one on the rocks from time to time. Now days it is a cold beer or a glass of wine mostly. Used to drink a lot of rum in my younger days but that too has fallen by the weighside now. Don't know about you guys but hangovers last me about a week now and I can do with out that. My gal made a seafood chowder for us last night from my mom's recipie that I had sent her a while back. Well you can't get clams here easily so she used octopus and mussels instead. It turned out awesome and I like it better than the same one with clams. So it was a nice change! I have been trying to get to cook since I have been here to no avail until this morning. So tonight I am going to make dinner my power of persuasion finally won out. Attaching the picture of the chowder. Have a good day boys I will update later.

Kooz, Glad things are going well for you. Figured you weren't going to rush into anything and obviously you're not, even if you do seem reasonably 'smitten' with this lady.

The way the airline hassles turned out and you banking a quarter million or so frequent flyer miles, I'd have taken about any beating the airlines could dole out on me for that. So it sounds--what's the word--serendipitous?

That many miles would pay for almost 4 round trip tickets to the Philippines, which is a 20 to 30+ hour flight across 12 time zones. I'm real conservative on credit cards, but when one comes up offering 50 to 75K miles for signing on, I read the small print. Otherwise, I'd have to buy a whole lot of socks and underwear to rack up that kind of mileage points.

Sounds like a nice lady you're with there! Easy on the eyes, sounds like she has a nice disposition and can she cook too? I'd give someone like that 'the time of day' and even PM too! ;) She doesn't sound like the type who treats you like she's got ten guys behind you if things don't pan out. It's funny in a way how the airline problem tested her 'true colors' there a bit. I think we should all have our relationships subject to tests from time to time.

When I'm abroad and meet people, a lot of times the culture calls for drinks--alcohol, but I don't let that guide me either. I've found that after their initial surprise, we get along great--we get more into their regional  food a lot of times instead. When the drinks started 'having me' instead of me 'having them', I just walked away. That said, a bottle of fairly priced Grand Macnish scotch was a common sight back in the day and if I was 'sipping' rather than throwing it back hard, Royal Lochnagar was a pricey favorite. But besides a good brew, when I really wanted to let loose, it was the better dark rums, with Coca Cola and a lime twist--"Cuba Libre's". They used to get mine ready as soon as I walked in the door at half the bars in the Florida Keys. Oh well, I catch a lot more fish sober anyways.

Same thing when it comes to women. No telling how many good ones I lost when I drank too much and then some of the one's I went home with, I wouldn't have had I been sober! A couple times, waking up, it wasn't just the hangover that hurt my eyes!

But anyways--sounds like you're having a good time down there without trying too hard, which is great--when we try too hard we tend to rush, not see things clearly and possibly make mistakes.

As for 'mistakes'-- first I thought to myself "Why on earth would anybody from Canada leave there in AUGUST, when the weather's great there?--but hey--you've got the miles and like I've been telling people for years, somehow you've got to 'make the time' (and money) to get back to where the honey is and it sounds like that's your plan.

I know it's not your first 'rodeo'--sounds like you've got a good grip on the reins, but keep er steady as you go and look forward to hearing back when the time's right.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2015, 01:15:08 PM »

Offline stevekoozer

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2015, 06:28:21 PM »
Kooz, Glad things are going well for you. Figured you weren't going to rush into anything and obviously you're not, even if you do seem reasonably 'smitten' with this lady.

The way the airline hassles turned out and you banking a quarter million or so frequent flyer miles, I'd have taken about any beating the airlines could dole out on me for that. So it sounds--what's the word--serendipitous?

That many miles would pay for almost 4 round trip tickets to the Philippines, which is a 20 to 30+ hour flight across 12 time zones. I'm real conservative on credit cards, but when one comes up offering 50 to 75K miles for signing on, I read the small print. Otherwise, I'd have to buy a whole lot of socks and underwear to rack up that kind of mileage points.

Sounds like a nice lady you're with there! Easy on the eyes, sounds like she has a nice disposition and can she cook too? I'd give someone like that 'the time of day' and even PM too! ;) She doesn't sound like the type who treats you like she's got ten guys behind you if things don't pan out. It's funny in a way how the airline problem tested her 'true colors' there a bit. I think we should all have our relationships subject to tests from time to time.

When I'm abroad and meet people, a lot of times the culture calls for drinks--alcohol, but I don't let that guide me either. I've found that after their initial surprise, we get along great--we get more into their regional  food a lot of times instead. When the drinks started 'having me' instead of me 'having them', I just walked away. That said, a bottle of fairly priced Grand Macnish scotch was a common sight back in the day and if I was 'sipping' rather than throwing it back hard, Royal Lochnagar was a pricey favorite. But besides a good brew, when I really wanted to let loose, it was the better dark rums, with Coca Cola and a lime twist--"Cuba Libre's". They used to get mine ready as soon as I walked in the door at half the bars in the Florida Keys. Oh well, I catch a lot more fish sober anyways.

Same thing when it comes to women. No telling how many good ones I lost when I drank too much and then some of the one's I went home with, I wouldn't have had I been sober! A couple times, waking up, it wasn't just the hangover that hurt my eyes!

But anyways--sounds like you're having a good time down there without trying too hard, which is great--when we try too hard we tend to rush, not see things clearly and possibly make mistakes.

As for 'mistakes'-- first I thought to myself "Why on earth would anybody from Canada leave there in AUGUST, when the weather's great there?--but hey--you've got the miles and like I've been telling people for years, somehow you've got to 'make the time' (and money) to get back to where the honey is and it sounds like that's your plan.

I know it's not your first 'rodeo'--sounds like you've got a good grip on the reins, but keep er steady as you go and look forward to hearing back when the time's right.

Actually Rob we have been having a sh!t summer. The morning I left for the airport it was 40 degrees. The week before there were 3 nights in the high 30's. We have had a few hot days but nothing like normal. It has also been pretty much desert dry this summer too. Here right now it is raining a bit, not the torrents of rain that is the norm but a nice steady light rain. It should break the humidity up a bit. Been dry here too the last couple of summers though which is working out pretty good for construction as they revamp the sewer systems to handle the huge rains. Saw a video from a couple years back with cars washing down the streets crazy stuff. One thing here that took some adjusting to is people saying good morning to me when I pass them on street while walking. Same in the afternoon or the evenings. Where I live forget it everyone is so caught up in in being consumers chasing the jones's no eye contact nothing. Nicer slower pace here which is a perfect respite from the culture I live in currently.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2015, 07:53:07 PM »

Actually Rob we have been having a sh!t summer. The morning I left for the airport it was 40 degrees. The week before there were 3 nights in the high 30's. We have had a few hot days but nothing like normal. It has also been pretty much desert dry this summer too. Here right now it is raining a bit, not the torrents of rain that is the norm but a nice steady light rain. It should break the humidity up a bit. Been dry here too the last couple of summers though which is working out pretty good for construction as they revamp the sewer systems to handle the huge rains. Saw a video from a couple years back with cars washing down the streets crazy stuff. One thing here that took some adjusting to is people saying good morning to me when I pass them on street while walking. Same in the afternoon or the evenings. Where I live forget it everyone is so caught up in in being consumers chasing the jones's no eye contact nothing. Nicer slower pace here which is a perfect respite from the culture I live in currently.

That's too weird. We were up in Toronto and London, Ontario last July and it was cloudy, windy and cool, with intermittent rain each day. T shirt with a shirt on top of it type of weather at best. I love Canada--went to school there a long time ago--my wife loved it too--especially the people, the great restaurants and sights, but certainly not the weather.  We went out  to Centre  Island and the beaches and froze. We were glad that the CN Tower, at 1815 ft high (the Empire State Building's 1250 ft) was an indoor attraction!

The warmest part of the whole trip was when we met up with Whitey and Nazly. Beautiful Nazly totally dispelled any preconceived notions I had that coastal Colombianas like the ladies from Barranquilla, are all dizzy, hot tempered uneducated types. Both her and Whitey are as nice, even and well educated w/o pretensions as you'd ever chance to meet. But the weather was really cold, wet and windy for us--we thought it was a rare fluke.

Then again it's been real crazy weather for us too. It's rained for about a week straight here in the south eastern USA and I haven't been able to cut the lawn for so long that it's way high and when I do, I get to watch for highly venomous water moccasins and eastern diamond back rattle snakes. How exciting! ::) :o

Offline stevekoozer

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2015, 06:41:33 AM »
That's too weird. We were up in Toronto and London, Ontario last July and it was cloudy, windy and cool, with intermittent rain each day. T shirt with a shirt on top of it type of weather at best. I love Canada--went to school there a long time ago--my wife loved it too--especially the people, the great restaurants and sights, but certainly not the weather.  We went out  to Centre  Island and the beaches and froze. We were glad that the CN Tower, at 1815 ft high (the Empire State Building's 1250 ft) was an indoor attraction!

The warmest part of the whole trip was when we met up with Whitey and Nazly. Beautiful Nazly totally dispelled any preconceived notions I had that coastal Colombianas like the ladies from Barranquilla, are all dizzy, hot tempered uneducated types. Both her and Whitey are as nice, even and well educated w/o pretensions as you'd ever chance to meet. But the weather was really cold, wet and windy for us--we thought it was a rare fluke.

Then again it's been real crazy weather for us too. It's rained for about a week straight here in the south eastern USA and I haven't been able to cut the lawn for so long that it's way high and when I do, I get to watch for highly venomous water moccasins and eastern diamond back rattle snakes. How exciting! ::) :o

Rob yall need a couple of big king snakes in yer back yard immune to the venom and a 6 footer will eat a 3 foot cotton mouth or an eastern a week. When they clean up the venomous problem they eat rodents so it's a win win
 Time to go for my morning stroll and then for coffee.

Offline stevekoozer

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2015, 03:23:35 PM »
Well she was quite happy with my gourmet meal last night and I pulled out all the stops for her. Hot dogs with home cut fries and cold beers. Yes gourmet all the way

Offline Awesome

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2015, 12:08:51 AM »
Old Parr is supposed to be a "premium liquor" in Colombia for some reason.  Buchanan's is easy to find down there which I think is a little better than Old Parr.

Aguardiente which is an acquired taste is fun to drink since it's not as strong.  I can drink that stuff all night long and not get too drunk.  Well, that depends actually.

It looks like you may have found a really good woman Steve.  She has a steady job and no signs of crazy irrational behavior.

Does anyone know the name of some sausage that street vendors sell on a stick at night outside bars in Colombia?  It's really greasy and it practically falls apart when you bite into it.  It's served on a stick usually with a potato.  That sh*t is GOTDAMNED GOOD!!  I can't recall the name of it but I freaking love that stuff.  I should be in Colombia the second week of October and I'll be eating some the first chance I get.

Offline stevekoozer

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2015, 08:09:52 AM »

Butifara y chorizo

Offline stevekoozer

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2015, 11:13:28 AM »
 So I have been back for a bit now and will continue on this report later this evening. Lots of observations to report about this past trip.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2015, 04:31:40 PM »
So I have been back for a bit now and will continue on this report later this evening. Lots of observations to report about this past trip.

And what a welcome distraction that'll be around here!!!

Offline stevekoozer

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2015, 09:37:11 PM »
Well I have now been back for a bit and it is about time to continue this trip report.

Barranquilla has been pretty good to me a some people don't like the city but I do really like it there yes it can be hot but I adapt to the heat in a few days with out too much issue. I do like the people that I get to meet converse with ect. Obviously I have not run into any bad characters nor did I put myself into any situations or areas where that could happen on any of my trips. Does not matter where you go in the world you can get into trouble pretty quick if you don't use your head and things can happen anywhere even in good areas such is life and the state of the world we live in.

So on this visit we spent lots of time together and interacted as a couple. I was totally myself which I always am with women anyway for good or bad. We got along just fine and she was always jumping to do stuff for me like laundry and cooking laying my clothes out in the morning  and ironing all that kind of stuff. Then she would be off to work I would go for my coffee read the news ect and just relax till the evening. I did get to cook a couple of nights and she was happy with what I cooked but also reminded me that I was on a vacation so she should be cooking while I unwound. Her family are good people sans her brother in law who is still suspect to his level of craziness so time will tell.

As I had previously posted her dad is a hoot and we are very similar in personality perhaps that's why she is into me as I remind her of her dad. No she does not have any daddy issues if that's what your thinking nor does she have the typical Latina temper. I did get a bit of a dirty look when I ripped out a fart when I thought she was not around my bad for not paying more attention to her location but that was also the end of it too no bitching.

She has a good job pays her way at home has a decent and hardworking family and does not care about material things and we have had discussions about this. She is happy to have a good man and a quiet life as long as there is a roof over her head and food to eat and the bills are paid she is pretty happy. Now when I embarked on this journey using Jamie's agency back in January of this year I did not really expect to meet a gal like this in this short a time frame and was expecting it to be a much longer process which was fine with me I was in no rush and I am still not in any rush even now. It is still early in our relationship so who knows what will happen in the future as we continue but for right now she is a keeper and I feel that she will still be a keeper in the future but as I said time will tell.     

Offline fathertime

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2015, 11:18:14 PM »
Well I have now been back for a bit and it is about time to continue this trip report.

Barranquilla has been pretty good to me a some people don't like the city but I do really like it there yes it can be hot but I adapt to the heat in a few days with out too much issue. I do like the people that I get to meet converse with ect. Obviously I have not run into any bad characters nor did I put myself into any situations or areas where that could happen on any of my trips. Does not matter where you go in the world you can get into trouble pretty quick if you don't use your head and things can happen anywhere even in good areas such is life and the state of the world we live in.

So on this visit we spent lots of time together and interacted as a couple. I was totally myself which I always am with women anyway for good or bad. We got along just fine and she was always jumping to do stuff for me like laundry and cooking laying my clothes out in the morning  and ironing all that kind of stuff. Then she would be off to work I would go for my coffee read the news ect and just relax till the evening. I did get to cook a couple of nights and she was happy with what I cooked but also reminded me that I was on a vacation so she should be cooking while I unwound. Her family are good people sans her brother in law who is still suspect to his level of craziness so time will tell.

As I had previously posted her dad is a hoot and we are very similar in personality perhaps that's why she is into me as I remind her of her dad. No she does not have any daddy issues if that's what your thinking nor does she have the typical Latina temper. I did get a bit of a dirty look when I ripped out a fart when I thought she was not around my bad for not paying more attention to her location but that was also the end of it too no bitching.

She has a good job pays her way at home has a decent and hardworking family and does not care about material things and we have had discussions about this. She is happy to have a good man and a quiet life as long as there is a roof over her head and food to eat and the bills are paid she is pretty happy. Now when I embarked on this journey using Jamie's agency back in January of this year I did not really expect to meet a gal like this in this short a time frame and was expecting it to be a much longer process which was fine with me I was in no rush and I am still not in any rush even now. It is still early in our relationship so who knows what will happen in the future as we continue but for right now she is a keeper and I feel that she will still be a keeper in the future but as I said time will tell.   

You seem to be doing everything sensibly....When do you plan to return?  Is your lady happy with the timetable thus far?  From what you have disclosed, she sounds like a great catch for you...she will get used to your farts, because you sure shouldn't have to hold them in forever in her presence, unless that is what you want.  Probably a great sign that her dad is around and involved.

Fathertime! 
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2015, 11:18:14 PM »

Offline stevekoozer

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2015, 07:58:23 AM »

You seem to be doing everything sensibly....When do you plan to return?  Is your lady happy with the timetable thus far?  From what you have disclosed, she sounds like a great catch for you...she will get used to your farts, because you sure shouldn't have to hold them in forever in her presence, unless that is what you want.  Probably a great sign that her dad is around and involved.

Fathertime!

Well I have not decided on a return trip as of yet and I would not be going back for at least 6 months. There is a method to that though, just to see how she reacts to time apart we have discussed this and she is ok with that so far. Funny I forgot to post a little something last night that I did as a test before I left. I had to leave in the taxi at like 4:30 am to head out to the airport to catch my flight. Got up got showered all that stuff she was up with me making sure everything was good to go. She stayed in the apartment to return the keys in the morning ect even though she wanted to go with me to the airport I told her to get some more sleep as she had to go to work that morning. While she was not looking I slipped a hundred grand in pesos into her billfold in her purse and said nothing just to see what happened after she found it. Well I got home late that night so we never got to chat but the next morning she brought it up after about five mins of chatting. I won't say that she was angry but she was a little bit put out with it. It did not get into a row or anything but she made her position clear about it in a mature way. I told her if I offered it to you, you would have turned me down so I slipped it in when you were not looking. Anyway I told her to spend it on her phone bill or save it for my next trip down or whatever she likes.

Next trip I will try the beer fart game again and see what evil eyes I get should be fun     

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2015, 04:48:35 PM »
Well I have not decided on a return trip as of yet and I would not be going back for at least 6 months. There is a method to that though, just to see how she reacts to time apart we have discussed this and she is ok with that so far. Funny I forgot to post a little something last night that I did as a test before I left. I had to leave in the taxi at like 4:30 am to head out to the airport to catch my flight. Got up got showered all that stuff she was up with me making sure everything was good to go. She stayed in the apartment to return the keys in the morning ect even though she wanted to go with me to the airport I told her to get some more sleep as she had to go to work that morning. While she was not looking I slipped a hundred grand in pesos into her billfold in her purse and said nothing just to see what happened after she found it. Well I got home late that night so we never got to chat but the next morning she brought it up after about five mins of chatting. I won't say that she was angry but she was a little bit put out with it. It did not get into a row or anything but she made her position clear about it in a mature way. I told her if I offered it to you, you would have turned me down so I slipped it in when you were not looking. Anyway I told her to spend it on her phone bill or save it for my next trip down or whatever she likes.

Next trip I will try the beer fart game again and see what evil eyes I get should be fun   
Steve just my 2 cents as devil's advocate, 6 months is a long time for a couple without much time together. Prevailing wisdom on here has been to visit at least every 3 months. Worked for me, then lastly we were apart 6 months from my last visit until she arrived. That felt too long...

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5875
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 3
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 416