It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Shopping in Ukraine  (Read 1969 times)

Offline Gunnar

• Probie
Shopping in Ukraine
« on: January 25, 2006, 05:30:39 PM »
A shopping spree in Ukraine be a really fun and profitable. However you need to be twice as smart as when you shop in western countries. The quality of the goods can be both really good and really poor. So you need to watch out.

Do not buy imported eletronical articles. Even the prices may seem lower, the models and technology are older. The assortment isn't too great either. E.g. I had a real headache to find a standard network card for a computer.

The crystal is top notch. However I've had some bad experience with some silverware. I've bought a fantastic light crown at a steal. The gold there is great, but be aware of the different color.

I love to buy shirts and ties there, however I've yet to buy a really great dress suite.

Modern shopping centers and western franchises has exploded the last 3 years. However the prices are western as well.

Offline pamoshtnik

Shopping in Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 12:44:26 AM »
My wife and I have gone to Ukraine (her home country with vitually empty bags) to bring home great bargains but you are correct, you must be careful.

We have found that the best deals are fur, certain womens shoes and/or boots, men's shirts (not at the bazaar) and some women's clothing.  I buy genuine LV shirts for $12.00 in Krivoy Rog. :D  Gotta love that exchange rate.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 305